Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country Reviews

18 | Santa Rosa, CA

18 Reviews for Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country

Jessica Bartholomew, Catering Manager at the Hyatt, was a dream to work with. I planned a wedding of approximately 60 people over the span of a year and a half. From the start, I had an exorbitant number of questions regarding everything from what the break down of costs for venue, food, bar package, and rentals to what I could bring in to the Hyatt and if carpet could be used as an aisle runner. She answered every question, and every question I didn’t know I had. She really helped me understand the full package the Hyatt offered. When I finally decided to sign the contract, she was incredibly flexible with my schedule and the meeting only took 20 minutes. Over the next year or so of planning the wedding, Jessica was there with helpful hints and tricks of the trade. She even suggested Sequoia Floral on Santa Rosa Avenue when I was at a lost for some of the DIY supplies I needed. She even helped me on timing of the wedding and scheduling for the day and half before. For the rehearsal, my officiant had to come 15 minutes late due to conflicting schedules. Jessica actually stepped in and we ended up rehearsing the entire wedding (excluding the talking parts of the officiant), before they even showed up. When it came to the actual day of the wedding, Jessica handled everything seamlessly. Any little details I had been worried about, or had thought I would have to take care of, were handled before I even knew they needed to be. She even left a tray of brie, grapes, and two slices of the wedding cake in the Honeymoon Suite at the end of night! Since we never had a moment to have a slice of our cake, we were incredibly grateful! She even arranged for her staff to box up all of my decorations and made it very easy for me to pick them up the next day. I can’t say enough of Jessica’s professionalism, patience, understanding, flexibility, and her ability to pull it all together so smoothly. We hope to return in the future for our 10 year anniversary.

Sent on 09/27/2014

Jen · Married on 07/27/2014

What a gorgeous place! The grounds are stunning and the service is great! They are close to tons of cute restaurants, walking trails along the river, and obviously if you talk to the concierge they can hook you up with tons of good wine passes and recommendations (Ryan is amazing!) After all – this is the wine country!!!

We had our wedding weekend at The Hyatt Vineyard Creek and it was superb. If you are lucky enough to host a welcome reception or rehearsal dinner on one of their back patios – it is so beautiful – or even as a wedding venue itself! There is a beautiful water wall that accents the roses and the intertwining vine trellis tunnels – you really feel like you are in another world.

At night you can sit and mingle with your friends and family next to the outdoor fire pit after you have enjoyed the complimentary wine tasting that is hosted in the lobby.

We did have a few kids in our group and while everyone did enjoy the pool – this is obviously not a waterpark. It is however a great place to hang out and get a little bit of sun to start your day off right!

The rooms could use a little bit of updating – but if you are going to Sonoma to stay in your room the whole trip – I would recommend that you look elsewhere (whilst maybe also looking for a new hobby!?)

Overall, cheers to the Hyatt Vineyard Creek for having a beautiful, convenient, and friendly property!

Sent on 02/16/2015

Shanon · Married on 11/09/2013

The Hyatt Vineyard Creek did a wonderful job in the coordination and execution of our wedding in November. Jessica was AMAZING! She was very professional and made sure that all of the details of the day went off without a hitch. Weddings can be a very stressful time but Jessica made sure everything ran smoothly, stayed on time which allowed us to enjoy the day. I would highly recommend the Hyatt Vineyard Creek as a wedding/event venue. Not only was the coordination great, but so was the location, food, set up...etc. Thak you for making our day so special!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Mary · Married on 10/12/2013

The Hyatt Vineyard Creek provided us with a perfect day. Jessica Bartholomew is a treasure. We could not have had better service. Our daughter's wedding was truly a dream wedding.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Stephanie · Married on 09/28/2013

Jessica and her amazing team created our day to be just perfect! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful location! It gave us the outdoor feeling with in door for dinning. It was the perfect combo. Food and our service from the Hyatt was beyond our expectations. We will forever be thankful to them all for making our day PERFECT!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Stephanie · Married on 07/24/2010

This was a great place to get married. The staff at the Hyatt was incredibly helpful from the beginning of my planning all the way through the reception. Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, perfect place to get married.

Sent on 07/31/2010

Laura · Married on 05/09/2009

This was such a beautiful hotel and they took absolutely excellent care of us! The reception was wonderful and we are so happy with how everything turned out. The food was excellent and they were a pleasure to deal with!

Sent on 07/09/2009

Ana · Married on 04/07/2012

Hyatt Has made my wedding experience spectacular. Ms. kathy Wixted, the catering manager had been very flexible and helpful throughout my planning process.
    Staff were so sweet as well.

Sent on 01/09/2013

Michelle · Married on 10/03/2010

The Hyatt was a great place for out guests to stay. We had our wedding in Healdsburg, so the Hyatt was just about a 20 minute ride, not bad at all. The front desk was a little shaky at first with our guest gift baskets because they had another wedding going on the same weekend. It all worked out, and everyone got the correct information. It was nice they have wine tastings in the courtyard free of charge, so our guests got to hang out and meet each other on Friday night. The hotel was very clean, and frankly the best in the area for the value. They worked with us and gave us an extremely fair rate for our guests.

Sent on 12/03/2010

jessica · Married on 08/09/2014

We stayed here in August for our wedding weekend. First, planning the room blocks & a family brunch for Sunday were very easy with Jessica Bartholemew's help. She was responsive and helpful via email and we got everything booked accordingly. Then, upon check in the weekend of our event, we pulled up with our SUV loaded to the top + my parents car, also packed with wedding stuff. Jeff came out right away and helped make several trips with the bell cart, unloading all our stuff while we checked in. For the rest of the weekend, he helped us loading/unloading of the cars and even came in early the day of the wedding to make sure we could get everything loaded up on time. This was much appreciated & really helpful for us.

The rest of the staff and rooms were fine. Nothing over the top, but nothing to complain about really. Our guests for the wedding enjoyed the pool & I took advantage of the salon facilities so it was really nice to have those as options on an already crazy busy weekend. The bar was great and housed us for welcome cocktails & an after party. It was an awesome space, as was the outdoor fire pit. On Sunday when we had the brunch, the staff were AWESOME - helping to bring in flowers leftover from the wedding, putting them out, bringing us bags so guests could take them home, packaging up our cake top, and just generally being super helpful. That was great.

Overall, the customer service was fantastic and we really enjoyed our wedding weekend stay. I would say minus one star for what felt like they nickel & dimed us a bit, charging to hand out guest welcome bags & making us put a deposit down to hold the bar open for the after party. I tried to negotiate but it was towards the end of the planning process so my willpower was low. I would have expected a hotel where we + guests are spending thousands of dollars to waive these types of expenses. I would definitely come back here though as our experience was quite positive.

Sent on 09/15/2014

I cannot speak highly enough of the staff and how amazing they were that day and all the days of planning leading up to it. Fabulous!

They took great care of us and made sure our day went off without a hitch. Anyone looking to get married in the Santa Rosa area should definitely check out this venue.

Sent on 01/12/2013

Sindhu · Married on 09/28/2014

Our wedding was at a vineyard in Santa Rosa, so we had our guests stay at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek. The location is very convenient and within walking distance of many stores and restaurants. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable and the hotel restaurant had great food, but inconsistent service. The grounds were beautiful and our guests enjoyed the pool and amenities. The hotel also worked with us throughout the wedding planning process on everything from number of rooms, meals, and events for guests before the wedding day.

Sent on 11/04/2014
  • F

Liana · Married on 05/08/2010

I will admit, the Hyatt was not my first (or second) choice for our reception. Originally, I had planned to have our wedding dinner at an Indian restaurant that could accomodate our small wedding (25 guests). When the restaurant went out of business a few months before the wedding day, I was left with only a few weeks (from 2 states away) to find another venue. My mom checked out the Hyatt for me, and I am so glad that she did! Not only did were the planners able to accomodate our request for a smaller room, the Hyatt's chef planned a special vegan menu, which included drinks, appetizers, and a wonderful buffet-style spread full of local breads and seasonable vegetables. We received many compliments from our guests, few of whom are vegetarian. I was able to hook up my iPod to their sound system (saving me a lot of money), and our guests enjoyed wine and hors d'oeuvres on the covered patio while they waited for us to arrive from the ceremony. Our arrangement also included a night in a beautiful suite, as well as a bottle of champagne delivered to our room. I was impressed by how easily it all came together, even though most of our correspondence was via email, and our planner left her position in the middle of planning our reception. Even better, the Hyatt's services were reasonably priced; I am not in debt after our wedding! There were a few hitches, such as the room not being ready when we wanted to set up the morning of the ceremony, and the front desk didn't know about our champagne at first, but overall it was a lovely occasion, and I am glad that we did not end up at that now-defunct restaurant!

Sent on 10/30/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 06/06/2009

Camille was fantastic to work with and made our wedding a wonderful, stress-free experience.

Sent on 08/03/2009

melanie · Married on 08/18/2012

The Hyatt did wonderful job of taking a lot of the stress off me. The food was outstanding and the ceremony area is beautiful. The only complaint I have is that me and my wedding party were not offered any appetizers or drinks while we were outside taking pictures and by the time we were done there were none left. So I was disappointed that I didn't even get to try any of the appetizers I paid for. Other then that everything ran very smoothly.

Sent on 01/04/2013

Rachel · Married on 01/27/2012

3.8
      3.5

Though my wedding day itself was perfect, getting there was sometimes a challenge. Emails or phone calls went unanswered even after the contract was signed. Also, the day before when I arrived for setup at the time I was told to be there, the room was not cleaned from an early event and I had to wait for them to clean up and get tables and chairs out for me. However, the wedding ceremony and reception the day of went off with out a hitch. The food was AMAZING!

Sent on 02/22/2012

Krista · Married on 10/20/2012

3.4
      2.5

I ended up making appointments at the Hyatt Spa after another spa went out of business a few weeks before my wedding. They were super nice when I called and made appointments for myself and 5 bridesmaids. I asked about bringing in champagne, and they said that they had mimosa supplies on hand (which was a plus so we wouldn't have to haul it in). The week of the wedding they called to confirm the appointments, and we had our wires slightly crossed about the appointment times. When we went over the appointments I had for everyone I was informed that one of the stylists was no longer employed there so that was likely why people had been moved around. By that time everyone already had their schedule set for my wedding day (I had 2 moms in the bunch who had to schedule naps and feedings, so it did actually matter to us). We were able to allow enough time by having everyone come in an hour early (it was a destination wedding so we were in one vehicle). And we were half-way through our appointments when I had to awkwardly ask for the promised champagne.

I was happy with the service they provided, but would caution anyone to be mindful of what you are being charged. During my makeup trial run I was informed I needed my brows tweezed (probably true, not gonna lie) but that quickly turned into I needed both my eyebrows and lip (which I have never had done) waxed so the makeup would look better. I agreed. When I went to checkout I was charged for both a brow and lip wax ($40 + tip). As to my hair, Charles added a few little pieces of sparkle to it on my wedding day. Again, I thought they looked okay (I wasn't in love with them, but who was I to argue with a professional), and when I went to pay I was charged an additional $50 for the three little flowers that were in my hair. At that point I couldn't ask them to pull them out. So, I ended up paying nearly a grand there for all of us, and I felt like I was getting slightly taken advantage of.

Sent on 10/30/2012
  • I

ignacio · Married on 08/02/2013

3.2
      3.5
      2.0
      3.0

it was perfect wedding for all of us

Sent on 09/02/2013