Hudson Valley BBQ Co. Reviews

41 | Hudson, NY

41 Reviews for Hudson Valley BBQ Co.

Hudson Valley BBQ Co. 1
Hudson Valley BBQ Co. 2
Hudson Valley BBQ Co. 3
Hudson Valley BBQ Co. 4
Hudson Valley BBQ Co. 5
Hudson Valley BBQ Co. 6
Hudson Valley BBQ Co. 7

Hannah Ackerman · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Great people, great food!

Brandon and the entire team at Hudson Valley BBQ are quite possibly the greatest caterers you could ever invite to your wedding. I know that may sound bold, but it's true. Aside from the fact that they create delicious food, they are an absolute pleasure to work with. From start to finish Brandon was responsive, helpful and created a menu that matched our personalities and food preferences. His food is creative, fun and absolutely delicious. He is also great at creating new and unique foods for your special day. Brandon created for us a his and her pierogi bar and we were able to create our own flavors. Our cocktail hour consisted of mini chicken and waffles, bacon wrapped dates, maple glazed pork belly on edible spoons and more. We set up a family style dinner for our main course that included a full pig roast, Mexican street corn, skillet corn bread.. and more.... I do not have enough positive things to say about Hudson Valley BBQ. If you are looking for food that is beautiful and soulful, I highly recommend giving them a shout. It was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding and I could not picture working with anyone else. Did I mention they are an absolute pleasure to work with? Just want to make that point very clear. Thank you for everything Brandon!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Susan Luccarelli · Married on 07/06/2019

The easiest to work with and knowledgeable and beyond talented.

Brandon was a dream to collaborate with! He wanted the bride and groom to feel as if all choices made would be an experience they would want for people they love and would serve in their own home. Family style perfection!
    From the beginning of the experience with a kiss on my hand from Brandon and kind words “now mom enjoy the night!” Professor of professionalism. He was a delight to be around and a genius in the cooking arena. Everyone loved watching him do his stuff.
    Brandon’s talents exceeded our expectations and a surprise with every bite of food. Each course was love sent to our taste buds!! All the staff were beyond attentive and made all our guests feel important. They all commented and we received calls Following the wedding, letting us know how delicious the food was from the appetizers to the drinks fast forward the desserts. We want a do over !

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • F

Frank Luccarelli · Married on 07/06/2019

Brandon was so easy to work with and one of the nicest people I have ever met!

Brandon and his team did an amazing job preparing and serving the food at my daughters wedding this past July 6th. The dry aged rib eye, cedar plank salmon, and porcetta were better than out of this world they were out of Space!!!
    Thanks Brandon

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Christina

Christina Sanabria · Married on 04/05/2019

Thank you HVBBQ Co!

My husband and I were married May 4, 2019. We decided to go with HVBBQ after reaching out to several vendors. Brandon was amazing! The communication was easy and we were able to change our menu at our tasting which was held at Brandon's beautiful home. Our menu consisted of appetizers including harvest trays filled with cheese and charcuterie, and passed apps including chicken and waffles, mini caranitas with margarita shooters, grilled shrimp on polenta, grilled cheese and tomato soup shooters and truffled arancini. Our main course began with a plated brussels, kale and romaine caesar salad with homemade croutons and the main courses were served family style and included smoked short ribs with garlic smashed potatoes, Tuscan chicken with agave carrots, and handmade pesto tagliatelle. Finally, our desserts were his and hers mini milkshakes, and a zeppole bar. Brandon, thank you so much for making such wonderful food and providing a staff that was efficient, kind and attentive. So many guests have raved about both. Guest highlights were the chicken and waffles, short ribs and mashed potatoes, the zeppoles and milkshakes but everything was DELICIOUS. If you are looking for a caterer I would definitely recommend the Hudson Valley BBQ Co. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Carson · Married on 10/20/2018

From the initial planning conversations to our tasting, we've had the best experience making our menu with Brandon! And let me just tell you about our tasting...FANTASTIC! We are going with a taco bar and pig roast, as well as vegetarian options. Professional, quick to respond, great prices, great sense of humor—and for your caterer to be genuinely excited about your event is the best! We can't wait to get hitched in Hudson!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Ryan Leoni · Married on 10/13/2018

Cookin in the catskills

Brandon was a pleasure to work with. It Started From The Tasting that he hosted for my wife and I. He invited us over for a home cooked meal and made us feel like family. Our wedding was held at owls hoot Barn in West Coxsackie and had the best cocktail hour I have ever seen. Mini chicken and waffles is a must pick btw. He also has a really cool smoker that is an attraction to see in itself. I just wish the venue would've let him place it closer for people to see. Definitely recommend!!!

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Y

Yesenia · Married on 09/30/2018

As a wedding photographer, I eat a lot of catered food... some good, some not-so-good. So when I had to choose who was going to cater my daughter's graduation party, I went straight to HVBBQ Co. Hands down some of the best BBQ I've ever had (and my family lived in the south for half our lives). My family is filled with picky eaters and there was not a complaint in the house. Thanks for helping to make my daughter's day just a touch more special!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Gabby · Married on 08/25/2018

You wouldn't think of a BBQ company for a vegan wedding - but we honestly can't think of any vendor we would have rather had for our wedding! As vegetarian/vegan, our goal was to show our friends and family how awesome meat free food can be. Brandon and his team seriously nailed it. The food was simply incredible. Tofu and waffles were some of the favorites, along with a make your own taco bar, and bibimbap! All of our guests absolutely loved the food, and are still telling us a week later how delicious everything was.

Some of our most meat-eater family members told us it was the best food they've had at a wedding. After the ceremony, Brandon's team made a platter of food for me and my husband to share when we had a moment alone. We got to enjoy a few minutes together and the food before the rest of the reception, which was a highlight for us. The beer and wine selection was perfect. The service and transitions were seamless.

Thank you Brandon and HV BBQ, we couldn't be happier with how amazing the food and service was.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Vincent · Married on 07/07/2018

It's hard to be absolutely sure of something so important as the food and catering team for your wedding day, especially when that's one of the biggest moving pieces and one of the things guests will remember the most. However, after actually meeting Brandon and doing the tasting right at his home, we were nothing but excited for our wedding day. Everything about the tasting and even the custom menu we were able to create was very different from what we've ever experienced for a wedding, but it was exactly what we wanted. Brandon, his family, and his team are all extremely friendly and down to earth, and helped to make our wedding day memorable and stress-free. Most importantly, the food was delicious and we heard nothing but compliments from our guests (many of whom originally questioned our "un-traditional" menu choices). If you're bored of typical wedding food and want your own menu with amazing and creative ideas that are made from scratch, definitely check out Hudson Valley BBQ!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Barbara · Married on 06/30/2018

Brandon Snooks is an expert chef. He and his entourage at Hudson Valley BBQ prepared the food and desserts for our daughter and son in laws wedding this past weekend. It was beyond exceptional and keep in mind there was a heatwave!! But wait there’s more...as our daughter waited to take her walk to her new husband she’s was presented with a skewer of delectable food to calm her nerves! Don’t know how much better you can get from being a rock star!!!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Lisa · Married on 06/23/2018

Brandon's service was affordable while being so deeply catered to our tastes and all done with a smile and such a calm demeanor. Brandon put me at ease the whole time that we worked together on our wedding, but more than that... he delivered. The food was mouth watering. I don't know how you feed that many people that well, but my guests were in awe. My family friend, a Tony winning costume designer, said it was the best food she'd ever had at a wedding... and she has TASTE. On top of the food, the people who served it were so kind, and were so thoughtful to make sure that the bride and groom were always fed! I can't tell you which food was my favorite... maybe the mini chicken and waffles. Brandon's team brought the ambiance, diligence and taste that my rustic wedding needed. He was a perfect choice.

Sent on 06/28/2018
    Hudson Valley BBQ Co. 15
    Hudson Valley BBQ Co. 16
    Hudson Valley BBQ Co. 17

Jannah · Married on 06/16/2018

Last weekend I attended a magical wedding in Woodland Valley, NY. Along with the gorgeous surroundings, the food was fantastic! Brandon and his crew made the process look effortless and the food taste delicious. Everyone was friendly and a pleasure to interact with. Each bite was perfect and the attention to detail was apparent. The ribs (omg), the tuna poke, the chicken, salmon, corn bread...where do I begin?! Hats off to them. As an event planner, I would love to work with them in the future! I only have good things to say.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/09/2018

I'm going to be a hundred percent honest: this food was incredible and the chef will put in one hundred percent effort to make your wedding day amazing. Homemade, from scratch, wholesome goodness. Cocktail hour was a gorgeous spread of crudite, cheeses, and dips. The prizes at cocktail hour were the hot wings (I risked my dress and makup multiple times to go back for seconds and thirds on these) mini pork tacos with an excellently balanced avocado lime crema and a grilled cheese and tomato soup shooter. It was 90 degrees but the soup was worth it. Dinner was pulled pork, chicken, herbed mashed potatoes, creamy and perfect Mac and cheese. The whole party was raving about it, and I don't think I saw a single uncleaned plate. Dessert was cakes and waffles!!!

Overall, Brandon brought a beautiful, homemade, personal touch to all the food. His passion and dedication to his craft was evident in all parts of the process, and he went above and beyond to make my sister's wedding the most delicious I have been too.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Marnie · Married on 06/02/2018

I come from a huge family, so I have helped plan a bunch of weddings, and finding the right food for your special day can turn into a nightmare. If you want the opposite of that, work with Brandon...he's a dream to work with! Jake and I have a farm to table theme for our wedding. We were worried that we wouldn't find the type of food experience we were looking for within the price range we wanted, and we did just that with Brandon. We had such fun customizing our menu...it's a shame we have to wait until our big day to finally eat it. Seriously can't recommend working with him enough!

Sent on 04/01/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/02/2018

Where do I begin?!

Hudson Valley BBQ Co. was incredible to work with. Brandon is thoughtful, creative and most importantly he CARES about his work and his clients. We did not feel like we were just another date on his calendar this wedding season. He took our laid back yet classy wedding catering vision to a whole new level. The open fire grilling stations and buffet presentation were done in such good taste.

We were in constant communication with Brandon and his team from the minute we got on our first call, to the last call at the bar the night of our wedding. Across the board, our guests were raving about how good the food was, and how easy and welcoming the flow of dinner was. Brandon really set the bar high, he is an incredible chef and I could not recommend HVBBQCo for all of your wedding catering needs.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Nan · Married on 10/28/2017

Brandon was a gem throughout the entire planning process. We had to do a bit of a sales job to convince our parents that bbq ribs were a good idea for a wedding, but Brandon hosted all of us and we were sold from the first bite, ending up with ribs you could cut off the bone, prime rib, chicken, roasted vegetables, mac'n'cheese, corn bread and a great dessert station. He was super easy to work with and was always about finding a solution, and doing so with a smile and sense of humor. We had a fairly significant challenge with our original bar plan, and he came in last minute to help save the day. One of the favorite memories of the bridal party was getting a rib with sauce that he let us bring in from Alabama right off the smoker before walking down the aisle. Reasonably priced, small business owner, super easy to work with - it wouldn't have been the same without him. The only comment we have is that the wait staff should have come around a 2nd or 3rd time to refill wine during dinner. They only came by once so people had to go up to the bar, which wasn't really the plan but again our bar situation was a challenge across the board and people had plenty to drink so it all worked out. Really he is outstanding to work with and couldn't recommend him more. Here's the blog our photographer created that shows some photos of his work: https://ytkphotography.com/peter-and-nans-lakota-farm-wedding/

Sent on 12/13/2017

Victoria · Married on 10/07/2017

I was the Mother of Bride , but with this title comes wanting the Best for your daughters day!! Hv BBQ was just that! Best BBQ food, prompt service and such lovely people to work with... My daughters theme was Country Rustic so Brandon set up a great menu of locally sourced food to highlight her day! This was not your usual wedding food... I'm in love with the pork belly on waffle appetizer , as was everyone else but the HV BBQ team made sure there was plenty of food so our guests could enjoy multiple servings... They arrived early and stayed through the wedding...
    I'm so impressed with them!
    I 100% recommend them for your wedding!

Sent on 10/19/2017
    Hudson Valley BBQ Co. 18
    Hudson Valley BBQ Co. 19

Nelson · Married on 10/07/2017

From the moment I met Brandon before our wedding started, he put me at ease. He was professional and obviously had control of everything food related. He could see that I was stressed and offered to help with anything else I needed, and did. On top of being awesome people, he and his staff went above and beyond all night.
    And the food was AMAZING, I was not expecting that. I've only ever had mediocre food at weddings and this was not your typical wedding bulls**t! If you're trying to think outside the box and want excellent food and service, you should definitely call him.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Samantha Regenbogen · Married on 10/07/2017

Phenomenal!

Deciding to hire Brandon and Hudson Valley BBQ Co. was one of our first and best wedding decisions. We had a very particular vision for our wedding, and Brandon knew exactly how to execute it-- we immediately fell in love with his open fire cooking technique. He is a remarkably talented chef, as well as a genuinely kind and accommodating companion during the planning process. His range of skills and menu options is startling, and the price point cannot be beat. We were so glad to develop a friendship with Brandon in addition to serving outstanding food at our wedding.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

Don't hesitate to hire Brandon and his team at HVBBQ for your wedding!!! In short, he was a pleasure to work with, the food was amazing and they went above and beyond to help make our wedding (especially the reception) a really fun party. When I came across the company, there weren't any reviews but the food looked delicious and I liked what Brandon was about after looking into his site. It took us a long time to decide on the type of food so after that, we didn't want to have to create a whole menu. After having a phone conversation with Brandon, (we talked about food and lots of other things, he's very easy to talk to) he emailed me a sample menu complete with price per person, taking everything we talked about and turning it into a cohesive menu. Since my husband and I were paying for everything ourselves, our budget was very limited. Brandon was so great in working with us, never pressuring us into more than we could afford. His prices are in general, much more affordable than all the other companies I researched...just fyi! On the day of our (very DIY) wedding, there were so many moving parts and Brandon and his team really stepped in to help make things run smoothly, without anybody asking! We had a buffet style reception and guests were shamelessly getting up for seconds and thirds. 2 weeks later, our family and friends are still talking about how much they loved the food. If great food, and a fun party are high on your list of wedding priorities, definitely give Brandon a call!

Sent on 12/12/2017

erin · Married on 09/16/2017

After hearing so many great things from our venue owner, I had to check them out. Brandon was a blessing to work with. His energy and enthusiasm towards customizing a menu for us was fantastic. Having some BBQ, some grilled meats, and a family style pasta made everyone in our group happy. We did 3 tastings and the food was better and a little less money than the other two. My mom is a chef and insisted the food be authentic and made from scratch. She loved it all. I cannot recommend Brandon and his food enough.

Sent on 02/03/2017

MICHELLE · Married on 09/16/2017

Brandon was great! Very responsive and could easily accommodate any needs (food allergies, water station for the ceremony, providing bartenders). His staff the day of was truly the best, very friendly and did whatever was needed to make the day a success. We had the grilled salmon and pulled pork with grilled vegetables and farro salad- all was delicious and the guests were raving! We did apple cider donuts and mini pies for dessert and LOVED them. Highly suggest this company for your wedding or event!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Kyle · Married on 09/09/2017

We had such a great experience! I would definitely recommend Hudson Valley BBQ to anyone planning any kind of party. Great Food, Great responsiveness, Great Service. Great Job!!!!!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Angela · Married on 09/09/2017

Hudson Valley BBQ really made our food truck wedding come to life! A chicken and waffle bar- with sausage gravy and a fried egg on it?? Sign me up! Along with a taco bar, street corn, and salad. They had all of our guests raving about the food all night. It was a unique idea, a bit risky, and they really nailed it. I’m obsessed with tacos, and was even eating one on the dance floor at some point. Brandon was responsive and open to all of our requests during planning. He made it so easy and worry-free.

Sent on 10/22/2017