Honeydew Events Reviews

33 | Bellaire, TX

33 Reviews for Honeydew Events

Tram Tran · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Simply Wonderful

Mai at Honeydew Events was simply wonderful. She helped guide us through all of the items we needed to accomplish before the wedding and she took charge on the wedding day where we didn't have to think or worry about a thing; we just followed her lead. She also was wonderful with our families keeping our parents informed of the timeline and what to expect coming up.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/17/2015

Mai and her team were awesome. She took on every issue/challenge that came up on the day of our wedding. I am a bride that worried about everything, and the fact that I was able to relax and have fun at my own wedding says alot. I couldn't have done it without her. I would highly recommend to any bride

Sent on 10/20/2015

Henry · Married on 10/17/2015

Mai was amazing! She was extremely helpful, informative and thorough without being pushy. She asked a ton of questions to make sure she understood exactly what we wanted before coming up with a playbook. Her wealth of experience is evident and we would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Tiffany · Married on 10/03/2015

I cannot imagine what our wedding would have been like without Mai (& her assistant, Kim).. I'm serious when I say this - if I had to sit here and write down EVERY reason why Mai is the BEST Wedding Planner, it would seriously take me hours (and probably all night). I am beyond thankful and appreciative of everything she has done for our wedding. She is so patient, creative, collective, prompt, and the list can go on. She is AMAZING at her job and you can tell it is her passion every single time you sit down and talk to her. I'm not the typical bride that has a whole Pinterest Board of what I want my wedding to be or let alone, even have any clue what theme I would want. After many times of meeting and talking to Mai, she was able to help me create the most perfect wedding I could ever imagine. Now, brides - let's all be realistic… If you are trying "not" to stress out at all with wedding planning, I will break the news to you - that is inevitable because it is going to happen!! However, if you're looking to MINIMIZE your stress about 90%, hire Honey Dew Events as your Wedding Planner/Coordinator. It will be the best choice (and investment) you will make for your wedding, I promise. (BTW, the only thing I stressed over was the seating chart.. Seating arrangements for 450 is not easy…) My older sister will be getting married in the next two years and I've already told her that our wedding present to her was going to be Mai as her wedding planner because that is how great she is.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Linda · Married on 06/13/2015

Mai and team are sooooo worth it! I wanted a stress free wedding day and Honeydew Events delivered! I decided to hire Mai to help me the last 60 days leading to wedding because I had a year to plan myself. When some of friends found out I had hired a wedding coordinator, they all said it was a waste of money, I am so glad I didn't listen to them and my husband and I both agreed she was completely worth every penny!

When we had our first meeting 2 months before the wedding, she was very thorough with her checklist. There were several items she brought up that I had not even considered to be part of my wedding day. I can definitely say she is very knowledgeable with her recommendations. Mai also followed up with all my vendors and contracts to make sure everyone was ready for the big day. Our wedding day went so smoothly! All my vendors were on time. Mai and her assistant, Kim made sure our reception ballroom was set up beautifully and the kept everything flowing in a timely manner throughout the night. They also made sure I went home with all my wedding memorabilia (ie toasting glasses, cake knife and server, pictures, etc). I highly recommend Honeydew Events!!!

Sent on 06/30/2015
  • I

Isabel · Married on 03/14/2015

Mai and her team are just unbelievably amazing! My sister and I used Honeydew events to coordinate our weddings. My sister got married in 2013 & had Mai do the whole coordination of her wedding- honeydew it all package. The package included the presentation of vendors and suggestion on selections to put the wedding together. Pretty much putting your wedding together and you just show up. She also initiated the contracts and meetings for you. She also made sure everything was picked out on time based on your timeline to the wedding date.
    However, for myself (2015) I did honeydew it today where she made sure my day ran perfectly. I went out & selected vendors myself and relayed all my plans to her where she made sure everything went smoothly. She made sure the vendors delivered on time and that everything I paid for and requested were there. Background on my wedding; traditional viet tea ceremony & evening reception. She also shares vendor promotions with her preferred vendors whom are all amazing. Honeydew only works with the best of houston so you don't have to worry about getting the best deal and quality. I am more of DIY person but your wedding day would be less stressful if you have Mai helping you. I am so glad I got her and worth every penny. They really do treat you like family, gives you the best deal out there, and makes sure your wedding day is perfect if not exceeding your expectations. She asked me questions that I wouldn't have ever thought to ask myself or even plan. She really did help put my wedding together and made sure everything went smoothly. She made the stress level go way down when she told me "smile, we'll take care of everything". That was the largest smile I have had since I started planning for the big day. Any wedding hiccups were smoothed out right away or prevented. She is just so amazing, there's no word that can describe honeydew events. My wedding was beautiful and more than I had expected. I can seriously go on forever about Mai!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Mai · Married on 01/17/2015

Mai and her team made our wedding planning and wedding day so easy and stress free. They worked so hard to make our day so beautiful and enjoyable. My husband and I often say that it was the best money we spent! Mai was especially helpful with selecting some our vendors and put us in touch with her go-to vendors and we were glad we referred to her. We got loads of raves for the DJ and the cake. She was also helpful in working with our venue/catering to make sure things would be in place when they weren’t being very responsive. She even did some of the flowers for the wedding herself and they turned out beautifully. Most of all, Mai was a reassuring voice to advise on what works and how to do things, and we trust her completely. She and her team took care of things we didn’t even think of and it was a relief to not have to worry about every little thing. Our family was very impressed with the team’s professionalism and how “on top of it” they were. Some of our guests even asked for the team’s contact information during the event! Needless to say, we highly recommend Honeydew Events!!!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Linh · Married on 07/27/2014

Mai really was there for me every step of the way for my wedding, my only regret is that I didn't hire her from the very beginning of my wedding planning (I booked my venue, photographer, videographer and DJ on my own before hiring Honeydew Events). I had a Vietnamese/American wedding, and Mai and her team did an excellent job at accommodating all our guests. I had my wedding over a year ago (sorry, this review is way past due), and I still can’t stop talking about how awesome Mai Dang and her team were, neither can my guests! Honeydew Events gave me the absolute best wedding gift ever, which was a stress-free wedding! If you are looking for a wedding planner, you need to book Honeydew Events now, you will not regret it!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Thanh · Married on 04/26/2014

There wasn't a thing about our wedding that was easy, except Honeydew. Mai and Uyen went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy on our wedding day. They fought for us when it came to things that we wanted and they checked and rechecked everything to make sure it was perfect. They were very organized and very professional at all times, making it even easier to love them. Everyone was raving on how smooth everything was, and we really do owe Honeydew events for making it easier on us.

Love you guys and I really hope everyone makes their lives easier by getting these planners!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Hoa · Married on 03/01/2014

I wish there was a way to rate Mai 10 stars because she and Uyen are AMAZING!! They are very professional and have such a passion for what they do. They planned our wedding beyond our wildest dreams, and everything was executed so flawlessly. Mai is a genius when it comes to creativity and solving any issues that may arise on our wedding day. If there was anything that went wrong that day, I had no idea as a bride. Even though I got married 7 months ago (sorry for the super late review), I still get compliments to this day on how everyone had so much fun and it was the event of the year, etc. I felt so lucky to have Mai as a wedding planner because she has a wonderful personality and made everything run so seamlessly. She is so thoughtful and carefully planned everything to the last detail. Having her part of my special day was the best decision I've made next to marrying the love of my life. She's the best!!! Thank you so much!! <3 <3 <3

Sent on 10/12/2014

Julie · Married on 01/18/2014

Are you a control freak or like to have things in a certain way?

If so, you will be in good hands with Honeydew.
    I had minor experience working a part time event coordinator for a wedding venue.
    I know a few ins and outs when it comes to behind the scenes of a wedding. The control freak I am, i had moments where I tried to work at my wedding than be a bride.

Thank you Mai, Uyen, and Kim for coordinating our wedding.
    To calm me down, and take over the stressful moments. I definitely felt like a bride that day.
    I really enjoyed our wedding day and the wedding planning process was so organized thanks to Mai!

She is on top of her game and will be the backbone to your wedding.
    I highly recommend Honeydew, they are very professional and you will be glad to have them a part of your wedding.

Sent on 03/24/2014

Christine · Married on 11/23/2013

Mai and her team was one of the biggest reason why my wedding day was one of the best days of my life. From start to finish, they were there for us the entire time. They were on top of it. I would highly highly recommend Honeydew Events if you're looking for a planner/coordinator who is attentive to detail, professional, responds to your questions in a timely manner, fun to work with, and most importantly, who knows what they are doing. Love them!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Mimi · Married on 11/02/2013

Mai and her team are the best!!! I don't know what I would have done w/o her. She is worth every $$$.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Mai is a wonderful wedding coordinator, she helped us tremendously throughout the wedding planning process. We were able to have a successful, elegant and fun wedding thanks to her. Thank you Honeydew Events!!!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Mary · Married on 09/07/2013

Honeydew events was referred to me by my florist when I was still contemplating whether or not I could plan a wedding by myself. So my first advice to you is if your wedding is 50 or more people, I would highly recommend a planner. So why Honeydew Events? I met with other planners with wonderful reputations however, they were truly outside my budget and I was unable to fathom what any planner could do for me for $4,000 to $10,000. I’d like to think of myself as somewhat organized, creative and capable. The first time I had a meet and greet call with Mai, she was wonderful. She had already worked with 80% of my other vendors. For items I was unsure about (décor, which hotel to recommend for my guests, wedding etiquette), I was always able to reach out to Mai who would always quickly respond. For times when my questions required my elaborate answers, she would always at least reply to let me know when she’d be available to provide a more comprehensive answer. I was able to get a free make up trail by notifying my hair and makeup people that she was my planner, she helped negotiate prices and shop vendors for me. I never felt peer pressured to make a decision I wasn’t comfortable with and was always provided alternatives if Mai wasn’t sure if I was truly happy with my selection. Mai attended the tasting and asked for off the menu items at The Petroleum Club (where the reception was). She helped me round up my wedding party during the rehearsal, reached out to all my vendors to coordinate, and provided a very detailed wedding day itinerary. She anticipated and thought of things that I would have been able to. For example, the day of the wedding (September in Houston and it had been raining), she brought mosquito repellant fan so I wouldn’t smell like bug repellant the day of the wedding. We left the garter in the car when we valet the car and she had another one handy that I could have. The team was wonderful and I felt like they were truly invested in making our day!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Nalita · Married on 03/30/2013

Mai, oh MAI!! Even though I only hired her for the day of coordination, she was truly my rock throughout this whole wedding process. She'd take the time to read all my long emails and provided her unbiased opinions. Her team, Uyen and Kim were also a big help. Uyen repeatedly made sure that we had everything we need during the reception. Everyone had a great time and our big day went smoothly with their help.

Sent on 05/25/2013

caroline · Married on 01/19/2013

I just want to say that Mai helped me to enjoy the whole wedding process. It was easy. Yes, there were a few times that I just wanted to scream and then cry, but that was usually due to crazy family issues. She made everything very simple. I am a "give me 3 choices and I'll choose one" type of person. I didn't have a vision, but she helped me to create one. All of the vendors she suggested ended up being wonderful. On the day of the wedding, I didn't have to do anything but show up and have fun. My mom and dad commented on how smoothly everything went. I can not say enough nice things about Mai and her crew. She was by far, the best decision I made for the wedding! THANKS MAI!!!

Sent on 02/07/2013

I worked with Mai Dang from Honeydew throughout the entire planning process. She works like an engineer, calm and paying attention to every single detail. What I like the most about Mai is that she gives her professional opinions when you need them, but never being opinionated. She was also very flexible with my whole wedding planning process, as things changed constantly. As long as you give her an advanced notice whenever you're aware of a change coming, she will sketch out the best available solution. Mai and her assistant, Uyen, really made me feel at ease the whole wedding day.

Sent on 09/30/2012
  • Y

Yasamin · Married on 06/09/2012

Mai is truly an amazing person. I always told her I have no idea how she does it. She was really great in getting everything organized for me, which was really helpful because I was too busy with school. She is responsive, and knew pretty much exactly what I wanted before I knew I wanted it. She helped me plan since I got engaged and was very patient with my indecisiveness. I couldn't have had my dream wedding without her help, and having her and Uyen on the wedding day put everyone else at ease, especially my mom. Mai's a rock star and I would recommend anyone getting married to hire Honeydew.

Sent on 11/03/2012

Amber · Married on 04/04/2012

Our wedding was perfect thanks to Mai. Every couple needs Mai help with their big day. Mai's attention to detail and experience made our day exactly what we wanted. We are forever thankful for Honeydew Events!

Sent on 04/11/2012

Lacey · Married on 03/24/2012

Mai Dang was absolutely WONDERFUL! I live in Dallas and she was super responsive through email and was flexible with meeting times when I was traveling to Houston. I am usually a stressed out person in stressful situations and Mai made my wedding day stress-free. She took care of EVERYTHING- every problem (that I was not aware of) :) and every detail!

She is a true professional and I would recommend her to any bride!

Thanks Mai!
    -Lacey

Sent on 04/03/2012
  • BellaCindy

Cindy · Married on 11/26/2011

Words cannot express our sincerest gratitude for helping us coordinate our wedding celebration. With utmost grace and professionalism, you went above and beyond in creating these special moments that we will hold close to our hearts for the rest of our lives. There was not a single thing to worry about on our wedding day as we knew you were there to take charge. I was so confident that you would handle every little detail, it couldn't have been more perfect! Everyone told me I was the calmest bride they have ever seen. I owe that all to you, Mai! Thank you so much for walking with us on this journey. I know I will see you again as I have two sisters and my best friend will be contacting you very soon for their up coming weddings.

Sent on 12/08/2011

Hanh · Married on 11/05/2011

Mai Dang rocks! Our wedding went very smoothly and we owe it all to her. Our friends told us we must have had a really good planner because our wedding was very organized. Some even said it was the most organized wedding they have ever been to.

Even though we booked her more than 6 months before our wedding for the day of coordination, she was always accessible via email, IM, text and phone from the very beginning. She was extremely professional and patient with us during the whole planning process. She has been in the wedding business for a long time and shared a lot of her advice with us as well.

Mai really cares about her clients and we always felt that she had our best interests at heart. We had a few vendors we needed to book after we signed with her and she was very helpful in finding us reliable and good ones that were within our budget.

We trusted Mai completely to make sure that everything was done the way we wanted it on our wedding day. We had our wedding ceremony and reception in the same venue (which required a room flip), and a live band that also needed to set up in the same room, and that was all executed flawlessly at her direction.

In the weeks leading up to the wedding, she was readily available to answer any and all of our questions. As the wedding day approached, my husband and I didn’t have to worry about any of the logistics of how our wedding venue was going to be set up since we were confident that Mai and her assistant would handle that. On the day of the wedding, all our wedding party had to do was get ready for pictures and then eat and party!

Mai really does go above and beyond for her clients and we are so happy we had her as our planner/coordinator.

Sent on 12/11/2011

Ashley · Married on 09/24/2011

Mai Dang is very responsive, flexible, dependable and has wonderful suggestions to fit the style of the couple. Our wedding day was without stress thanks to Mai and her assistant. We recommend Honeydew events highly.

Sent on 12/14/2011

Marcus · Married on 09/10/2011

Our wedding would have been a disaster had it not been for the help and complete guidance from Mai Dang. She was always on top of everything and kept us from being lost with all the frenzy that goes into planning such a large event. We pulled off an amazing wedding in only 7 weeks - most of our guests have raved that they couldn't believe we did it in such a short time and that our wedding looked better and went so much more smoothly than most weddings that they had ever been to. I would say the majority of our friends / family goes to a good amount of weddings (at least bi-monthly) and I was extremely proud that my wedding was such a success. Once again, a main cog to that success was Mai; she found us the venue, negotiated with every vendor, calmed down our parents and even us when things got hectic (and things always do go hectic). There is not enough nice things that I can say about her work. I hope everyone who reads this review heeds my advice and uses Mai for their wedding planning.

Sent on 09/15/2011