Hobnob Occasions Reviews

26 Reviews for Hobnob Occasions

• Johnna

Johnna Hinton · Married on 10/17/2020

Wedding 10.17.2020

Hobnob is one of the best decision you will make for your wedding. We had a wedding during the middle of COVID so there were tons of moving pieces from temperature checks to making sure guest were in smaller socially distanced groups all while still having to manage the normal wedding details. Hobnob pulled off our wedding flawlessly. We had to change our plans three times before landing on what we could actually do and they helped us the entire way. Even in the middle of a pandemic our wedding was absolutely magical thanks to their hard work. If you are on the fence about hiring a wedding planning team we would highly recommend hiring them. You won’t regret it and you won’t have to worry about a thing on your wedding day.

Sent on 11/06/2020

Pete O'neal · Married on 10/17/2020

October Covid Wedding!

No words can describe how amazed we were at the amount of time and effort Hobnob did behind the scenes. They did everything they could to make sure everyone was safe, and that our wedding was truly a night to remember and cherish for the rest of our lives!!

Sent on 11/06/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/12/2020

#dreamteam

We had a COVID wedding, and like many other 2020 couples, we were left totally unsure on what our day would end up looking like. Hobnob stepped in and turned our dreams into reality. From asking necessary questions about our vision for the day and our must haves to being in constant communication and answering all of the many questions that came up. Hobnob exceeded all of our wedding expectations and made our wedding day something we will never forget. PS. Hobnob's best trademark is ensuring the bride and groom eat at their wedding.

Sent on 11/05/2020

Hobnob Occasions's reply:

Thanks for this Ashley! It was our honor to serve you both.
    We loved being able to make your "pivot" wedding extra special!!

Emily C · Married on 11/08/2019

Absolutely Amazing

I can't recommend these ladies enough! Honestly, my only regret about my wedding was not relying on them more. We hired Hobnob as day-of coordinators, but they supported us throughout the entire process - or at least, as much as I let them ;) If you're like me and have a hard time delegating, just know that you can absolutely trust Andrea, Chris, and Trish to take any task/request and run with it. After stressing myself out over a million details leading up to the wedding, it was SUCH a relief when they forcefully (but lovingly) took everything out of my hands and made sure the day was flawless.

We were all blown away by their skill and attention to detail, and my mom was shocked - in the best possible way - when there was absolutely nothing for her to help with or worry about throughout the entire weekend. I'd been particulary nervous about how our grazing table would turn out, but Chris and her daughter knocked the display out of the park. Guests were raving about it for weeks!

I'm so grateful we had these ladies on our team, and I'm glad our venue *required* a DOC. At the start, I didn't want to pay someone to do a job I thought I could handle on my own. But 1) we NEVER would've been able to pull it off without them, and 2) I would've gladly paid their fee 2 or 3 times over had I known how much of an assset they'd be. We love these ladies so much - hiring them will be one of the best decisons you make for your event!

Sent on 08/15/2020

Hobnob Occasions's reply:

All the feels for this review! We loved working with you and Tyler! You are such a creative person, and we loved bringing your vision to life!
    Thanks for trusting us.
  • Sydney

Sydney Morsch · Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful Experience

HobNob Occassions were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Although they have helped with a lot of weddings they never pushed any ideas on me. I had a plan for a wedding that wasn’t typical for most brides and they helped my dream come true.

Sent on 08/15/2020

Hobnob Occasions's reply:

Thanks for these kind words! We LOVED your vision, and had the best time getting to know you and your people!
  • Shane

Shane Walden · Married on 06/09/2019

Incredible team that

Not knowing much about wedding planning, we looked for some guidance to plan a destination wedding. Hobnob jumped, got to know what we wanted and quickly organized what was going to me an amazing weekend wedding at the beach...then an hurricane hit and we had to replan everything in three days. They immediately got to work coordinating a new venue, entertainment, food, styling, and activities for out of town guests. Many of our guest could not believe that this was "plan B" and commented that it was better than most plan A's. The working dynamic between Kris, Trish, and Andrea was fantastic - it is the perfect blend of style, organization, and fun. We knew we were in good hands from our first planning discussion and could not recommend them more.

Sent on 10/19/2020

Dorian, Shmorian...ha!
    We loved working with you both and had such fun!
    Thanks for trusting us with your day.
    💙💙

Sarah Beth · Married on 05/19/2018

Trish from Hobnob was wonderful to work with and they provided the most BEAUTIFUL wooden farm tables for our wedding. Guests could not stop talking about what a statement piece they were. Thank you Hobnob!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Mira · Married on 05/12/2018

Trish, Andrea, and Kris are a dream to work with. From helping you think through themes, to planning table decor, to picking out centerpieces, to connecting you with other vendors, all the way to the day of they are beside you and available 100% of the time. Trish is numbers and she keeps you on track with your budget and ensuring you get the most for your money. Kris is the style expert creating beautiful, magnificent decor out of nothing. Andrea serves the bride so well on the day of, ensuring the bride doesn’t have to make a single decision on the day of, that the bride gets to fully enjoy the day. Hiring Hobnob enables you to have your dream wedding while getting to work with three of the most amazing women on the planet.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2017

Man, I don't even know where to start with the ladies of Hobnob Occasions. They are absolutely wonderful. Having three very talented women for our big day was a dream come true. Every detail was perfect, and if it wasn't, I never knew about it. I started to get super stressed about details about a month out from our wedding date, and Hobnob swooped in and took over. They handled all the final communication with vendors, so I didn't have to worry about it. I was able to be candid and unfiltered with them instead of having to be calm and professional with vendors, and then they translated and passed along the message. It was a service I had no idea I needed so badly. Andrea stayed by my side from the moment I started getting ready and made sure that I had everything I wanted or needed, while Kris and Trish handled all of the logistics at the venue. My dad gets overheated easily and they went above and beyond by making him smoothies to keep him cool throughout the day. It's little extras like that that make these ladies so special. They and our photographer (j&a photography) are the best money we spent on our wedding. It's been almost two weeks and I keep messaging them about things I realized I hadn't handled and needed to, except each thing I think of they have already handled for me. Hobnob is everything I wanted in a wedding coordinator, and everything I never knew I needed. I am the most thankful for them!

Sent on 10/17/2017
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 09/29/2017

I would recommend to ANYONE!

Hobnob is truly the best, for so many reasons! First, their style and decor skills go beyond my imagination. They were able to take a few ideas I had saved and somehow transform them into my dream wedding. It is a priceless feeling to walk into your venue and feel like it is everything you wanted and more. To have a team dedicated to accomplishing this is amazing! Second, they are there for you no matter what! These ladies work extremely hard to make sure everything goes smoothly and that I, as the bride, didn’t have worry. Through the process, they happily answered ALL my questions and leading up to the big day, as emotions and stress levels rise, they removed the stress so I was able to truly enjoy the experience of getting married! Lastly and most importantly, these women are genuine! They are kind and caring and become your extended family during this precious season of life. Having Hobnob plan our wedding was one the best decisions we made and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/02/2020

Cherie · Married on 09/02/2017

Just wow! Two days after our wedding and we are still talking about HobNob and so are our guests. From start to finish, the day went absolutely flawlessly. We could never have pulled off the wedding (and rehearsal dinner) we envisioned without the creativity and insight of these three women. They went above and beyond the call of duty more than a few times. I'm still looking at pictures and seeing details I missed on the wedding day. They far exceeded the vision in my head. This is the best money we spent. We are eternally grateful.

Sent on 09/10/2017

Spencer · Married on 07/22/2017

Andrea, Trish & Kris were amazing! Andrea ran the show for us down to every detail at the rehearsal, wedding and reception, allowing us to enjoy every moment with our daughter! She coordinated the communication with all our vendors, prior to the wedding and day of, as well as kept in constant communication with myself and our daughter. She gracefully handled a very last minute change I made the morning of the wedding along with another pretty big issue that arose the day of the wedding. Her one goal was to make it the best day of our daughter's life! Trish was so organized with all the details, very creative with the timeline, amazing at designing the floorplan and excellent at organizating the details of the wedding starting with our first meeting on through the entire planning process! She kept everything updated and made changes as needed to keep everything organized and planned exactly as we had envisioned. She kept detailed notes of the entire process, keeping everyone in constant communication, as well as reviewing all vendor contracts. She was truly the administrator extraordinaire! Kris perfectly captured our vision with design and decorating! Her attention to detail was amazing! She is extremely gifted in her ideas and creativity! She totally exceeded our expectations and every detail of what she did couldn't have been more perfect! This is truly a wonderful team! Hiring Hobnob Occasions was the best decision we made in the planning process of our daughter's wedding! Worth every penny!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Cecily · Married on 06/03/2017

Kris, Trish, and Andrea are family to us. We absolutely adore them and it was no question that they were who we wanted to help us put on our wedding! From engagement to the wedding day, they were there for us step by step. They managed a budget for us, they helped us pick vendors, and most importantly they took care of EVERYTHING the week of/day of the wedding. We (the bride and groom) kept commenting how we were not nervous at all before the wedding because we knew everything was being taken care of. How awesome is that?! On top of all that, they took all of my ideas and pinterest inspirations and transformed our venue into everything we asked for. Thank you, Hobnob, for going above and beyond and making our day so special. We truly could not have done it without you!!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Katherine · Married on 02/04/2017

I had the best experience with Hobnob. From start to finish they were entirely committed to making sure that I had the greatest experience of wedding planning. It wasn't just about the big day but I got to enjoy all the moments leading up to planning it with them stress free. They took care of things I didn't even know needed taking care of and I always trusted them to know how I thought about something. We had meetings on the front end where they made it important to them to learn my vision and then stick to it. Boy did they ever! It was fantastic. We rented their farm tables which were a total hit and just plain gorgeous to boot. Their design, responsiveness, organization, creativity, professionalism, execution and approachableness was impeccable. I can't thank them enough for all they did and my husband and I would highly recommend Hobnob to anyone looking to someone to help make their special event or day perfect.

Sent on 03/22/2017

Lisa · Married on 10/29/2016

Overall - I would give them 7 out of 5 stars for Value. These professional women were so attentive to every detail that I just couldn't keep track of. They went the extra mile to keep me informed of things I needed to take care of, gave me status updates of all the details, and made our special day come off without a hitch. (or if there were hitches, neither me or my guests knew it :) I highly recommend Hobnob Occasions!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Donna · Married on 10/29/2016

My daughter was extremely happy with the tables and chairs as well as all the decorative pieces we rented. The tables are beautifully made and were perfect for the rustic look my daughter wanted for her guests. You do however need to make sure if you want to have an outdoor wedding you plan on having a tent and are okay with having a tent.

Sent on 01/02/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/29/2016

I used Hobnob Occasions as my wedding planner and it was one of the best choices I made when it came to choosing vendors! This fantastic trio helped with everything I needed, before the wedding and especially on the day of! Kris has a creative eye like none other! She could turn a trash bag in to a beautiful centerpiece if she wanted to. Trish handles all of the logistics and is great at communicating and paying attention to details. And Andrea is your life saver on your big day! She will make sure you have everything you need, she will take leadership at the rehearsal so you don't have to, and when your matron of honor forgets to get the groom's wedding band, she will find it and make sure it gets to the altar in time! I am so glad I had these three helping me. They are friendly, experienced and bride-oriented. They were worth every penny!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/22/2016

We rented all of our wedding furniture from Hobnob as well has had them as our day-of coordinators. They were amazing!!! Their furniture is gorgeous, and their coordination skills are top notch. They think of all the little things that slipped our minds or we didn't know to think about. Our wedding was incredible in large part thanks to them. I give them my highest recommendation.

Sent on 01/09/2017

Kimberly · Married on 10/08/2016

Hobnob Occasions translated my vision into reality, creating exactly the ambience I wanted for my guests! They handled all the details with the vendors (catering, tent, lighting, florist, etc.) and were an absolute pleasure to work with while doing it. I'd highly recommend them to anyone who needs help planning and executing an event! Also, their farmhouse tables are GORGEOUS if that suits your style.

Sent on 01/03/2017

David · Married on 10/08/2016

Hobnob Occasions were FANTASTIC! Our wedding was an outdoor wedding on the day that hurricane Matthew hit Raleigh and it was the best event ever! We couldn't have been happier with our wedding! What better way to test a wedding planner's capability than throw a hurricane at them?! With all the last minute changes required and managing all the vendors to pull it off, they did it without any problems. Beyond the logistics and management challenges, their ability to translate our vision of the wedding into reality was also incredible. It was such a beautiful wedding day/event and they made it all come together without a hitch. It came together exactly as we wanted and they put it all together wonderfully. They were also great to work with as well......we couldn't have been more pleased! Don't hesitate to use their services.....they are fantastic and you will see they are worth it when the event is complete!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Autumn · Married on 09/19/2015

Hobnob and Andrea were great to work with, we hired them for Day of coordination and they helped us with out timeline for months before the wedding. On the day of, Andrea was every where starting early morning to very late that evening! It was a chaotic day since we did not use a normal venue and there was a lot of setup and moving around from place to place. They were everything we could have hoped for and we would have been lost if we had done it on our own! They even went out and got us a cheesecake to cut since I had completely forgotten to make one! Certainly a great company to assist in any event you need to plan!

Sent on 10/01/2015

My daughter had a vision for what she wanted in her wedding--Farm Tables and Vintage China. Hobnob Occasions came through for us! They had the inventory we needed for a 200+ wedding and their pieces were all top quality. The farm tables are absolutely stunning! They were a real show stopper. We used a combination of the benches and chairs for both the ceremony and the reception. The vintage china, flatware and linens created the most beautiful table settings. They also provided some other tables and vintage furniture pieces to meet our needs for the bride's room, guest book, gift table, cake table and seating vignettes. So many of our guests stopped to say that it was the most unique and beautiful wedding they had ever attended.
    In addition to the furniture and accessories, the Hobnob ladies were fantastic! They went out of their way to serve our family and anticipate our every need. As the mother-of-the-bride, that was a huge gift in itself. I didn't need to worry about a thing. I put my complete trust in them and they carried out my daughter's plan. I am so thankful that we were able to have Hobnob Occasions in our corner!

Sent on 08/15/2015

My wife and I were married on June 5, 2015 in New Hill, North Carolina, and the ceremony and reception would not have been such a success without the expertise of Hobnob Occasions. Trish, Kris, and Andrea embody such professionalism, hospitality, and creativity that we often look back and are reminded that they were the glue to our wedding planning process. Trish has a keen sense for organization and overall project management. Oftentimes during our planning meetings, Trish was actively capturing our thoughts and dreams for some part of our wedding, only to later find this valuable spreadsheet waiting in our inbox to remind us of those decisions. Her project management skills and ability to deliver on a deadline was key in this process. Those organizational skills paired well with the hospitality and creative vision that Kris brought to the table. The personalized vignettes she designed were everything we imagined and so much more. And Andrea, oh Andrea. There is no amount of words that could appropriate praise her willingness to go above and beyond in making our wedding day the most memorable day of our lives. From the impromptu snow-day planning meeting where she opened her home to us, to the “you-need-to-decide-this-now” phone calls we received from her in just the right way, and the general encouragement and awesomeness she brought to our lives — it was all just perfect. They have the experience and network of venues, vendors, and ideas that made it easy to find exactly what we were looking for on our wedding day. They make an incredible team worthy of tackling any challenge put in front of them, especially pulling off a beautiful wedding with 200+ guests in under 3 months from our engagement.

Hobnob Occasions was an incredible asset throughout our entire wedding planning and execution process, and they were able to help us stay budget-focused while still providing high quality decor and environments. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/29/2015

I am not sure what we would have done without Hobnob Occasions! We were overwhelmed and completely lost trying to plan a wedding in just a few months. Hobnob came to the rescue and created a reception that was beyond any of our expectations. They walked us through every step of planning, coordinating and executing this beautiful event. They were reliable, professional, reassuring and a complete delight to work with. Hobnob has my very highest recommendation for anyone planning their wedding.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Sandrine · Married on 04/18/2015

To begin when I first met Andrea for the organization of our wedding I felt so relieved of how well she knew everything about wedding planning. I didn't have any idea of how to organize this special day but she came up with so many ideas and questions that I felt so much better after each meeting.

The Hobnob team was amazing for the day of our wedding. I wouldn't have asked for more, the day was perfect and they were really professional with handling things. Each member of the team brings a personal and unique touch to make this day so remarkable. As it was a multi-cultural wedding, we really wanted to have different kind of food (Thai, French & Italian), Hobnob brought so many ornaments that were totally matching these 3 cultures .
    Moreover, the tables, benches & chairs we rented from them were perfect for the vintage theme we wanted for our wedding. As we had a lot of our friends and family members coming from different states and countries, we really wanted them to have a memorable day. It wouldn't have been possible without Hobnob.

Everybody involved this day still talk about how romantic, beautiful and fun the wedding was. We are so grateful to have had the chance to work with Hobnob and we would recommend them without any hesitation.

Thank you Hobnob for bringing magic in one of the most memorable day of my life!

Sent on 09/05/2015