DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg Reviews

16 | Gaithersburg, MD

16 Reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg

Shira Hill · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Surpassed Our Expectations!

We held my son's bar mitzvah at the Doubletree and we couldn't have been happier with our experience! The venue itself is beautiful which helped us to create the perfect atmosphere. The staff was easy to work with and accommodating. Prior to the event, they helped us create a menu that was just right for our event. Our guests were raving about the food. Prior to and during our event, the staff worked with our other vendors to make sure that the event flowed smoothly. Our guests who stayed at the hotel were thrilled with their accommodations as well. We would host another event at the Doubletree in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/30/2020
  • Belinda

Belinda Degboe · Married on 08/31/2019

Excellent customer service

Mrs. Clake and her team were very respectful and timely with all the services provided. All our guests were happy. The team was equally helpful to other non-double tree vendors that I used. Mrs. Clarke went beyond and above our expectations.
    I will definitely use this vendor again and recommend them as well.

Sent on 10/01/2019

Belinda Degboe · Married on 08/28/2019

Touch of Elegance

Touch of elegance was very professional and get decorations were on point

Sent on 09/30/2019

Rhonda Lehman · Married on 07/02/2019

Amazing venue; highly remcommend the hilton gaithursburg!

WE WERE THRILLED WITH THE EVENT AT THE HILTON GAITURSBURG. THE STAFF WAS ATTENTIVE TO EVERY NEED AND DETAIL THAT WE NEEDED. WE RESEARCHED OTHER VENUES BUT THE VALUE AND EASE /FRIENDLINESS OF STAFF SURPASSED ALL OTHER OPTIONS.
    THEY MADE IT SO EASY AND HELPFUL! DONT LOOK ANY FURTHER.. BOOK YOUR EVENT TODAY!

Sent on 10/10/2019

G. Jaya · Married on 06/01/2019

Superb and Extravagant

We celebrated our daughter"s wedding here on Jun 1st 2019. I can't tell you how delighted I am with the gorgeous venue, staff, front desk, overnight room bookings, I can go on and on. Tamara Clarke was just one fabulous person who made me feel that I am dealing with my sister. She took care of all the details from day one and the arrangements were fabulous and extravagant. The catering manager, Mike was very detail oriented person and gave more than what we asked for. No shortcoming what so ever in any area. All the guests were very happy and they keep talking about it even today. The couple Priya and Prateek enjoyed every single moment. Ours was a Hindu wedding with many minute details and outside catering. They took care of us even with many last minute changes. They prepared the outdoors also to accommodate horse and the carriage for the arrival of the Bride and the Groom.I whole heartedly recommend Gaithersburg Double tree venue (Hilton at the time) for any occasion. Couldn't be happier. Jaya Jagadeesh

Sent on 10/02/2019

alessandra · Married on 05/30/2015

We couldn't have pulled off such an easy and effortless wedding without the staff from this hotel. They were so responsive to all my inquiries and they answered all my questions without hesitation. The staff assembled everything from cookie jars to my cake display and my 100 tea candles on the table. Anthony & Maria were the contacts at the hotel and they were AMAZING! the food was delicious and my guest couldn't stop raving about how tasty the food was. Everything was perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Sent on 07/01/2015

Matt · event on: 10/21/2013

The venue is beautiful and we were happy we chose it for our party. Everyone at the hotel is very nice and easy to work with!

Sent on 01/14/2014

This is a perfect place to hold a wedding reception. The ballroom, the decor, the food, and the drink were beyond excellent. Michelle McCord is a fabulous catering manager who went out of her way to make this reception perfect in every way.

Sent on 12/03/2012

Satisfied event planner

The renovated rooms set-ups for both the wedding ceremony and the reception looked incredible, the cocktail hour was beautifully done, and the quality of the dinner service from start to finish was wonderful. And, the food was delicious! We wanted spicier food and the chef made it!
    The staff was professional and attentive to our wants and needs while helping us to prepare for that special day. I would highly recommend this hotel for any event.

Sent on 10/28/2019

DoubleTree by Hilton Washington DC North/Gaithersburg's reply:

Thank you Bellinda for your kind words, we loved working with you as well.

For those reading the event was October 19, 2019.

Jessica · Married on 08/04/2012

I was beyond happy with our reception on 8/4/12! Everything went so smoothly, and the service during the planning process was exceptional. Michelle McCord did a great job of communicating with me and asking the right questions to be able to coordinate the reception, vendors, DJ, etc. She was very responsive and answered all of my questions (and there were a lot!) with a smile on her face.

To add to the value of the Hilton's great prices, the venue, food, and service were all excellent. The hotel is newly remodeled and Rene, the even coordinator does an exceptional job setting up the ballroom and making sure the wedding reception is run well. He is phenomenal.

The room block was very reasonable, and many of the guests commented on how great the service and the food in the hotel restaurant was. All in all the whole weekend was a success thanks to all of the hard work and planning put forth by a talented wedding coordinator and staff. I would definitely recommend this to any bride!

Sent on 08/20/2012

Devina · Married on 06/18/2011

My wedding was on June 18, 2011. Let me tell you that the nicest staff works at this Hilton! Maria was great in assisting with the room block for my wedding even though it was the same weekend as the US Open in Bethesda! Ron and Michelle were excellent wedding coordinators and superb with all of my wedding planning and needs! I am greatful to have worked with such a wonderful group of people and will surely come back to this hotel to plan a future event!

Sent on 07/12/2011
  • Brandi0809

Brandi · Married on 08/09/2008

We had the absolute BEST experience with the Hilton Gaithersburg. Cathy Peck is the wedding coordinator for the hotel and she is absolutely AMAZING! She made everything so easy! I ended up having the wedding of my dreams and I have to say that a huge part of that was Cathy attention to every detail that I asked for. I had a lot of small requests that I thought would add nice little touches to the reception and she catered to every one of them! We definitely got our money's worth. We used all 5 salons in the Grand Ballroom and it was absolutely GORGEOUS! I could not have been happier. My family is definitely the dancing/partying type so we asked Cathy to communicate to the banquet manager that we wanted the food to be served quickly. They even catered to that request. I could go on for days at how happy I was with the experience. My mom and I both said that if everyone did their job that everything would end up perfect. The Hilton definitely made everything so easy and I ended up with my ultimate wedding. 85% of the guest list was from out of town so we wanted to have our reception in a nice hotel where everyone could just go upstairs afterward. The front desk staff were so accommodating to all of our requests, they even did everything they could to put everyone on one floor. Cathy is fun to deal with and she is 100% responsive to every detail. I 100% recommend this facility for a wedding venue.

Sent on 08/27/2008

Rebecca · Married on 03/25/2006

The Service and food were great. Every detail was done with perfection. I found it very easy and stress free planning my wedding at the Hilton. Sharon Block was the Best!

Sent on 04/24/2008

3.0

The Hilton was a great place for our Hindu wedding and they have a great Indian wedding package. Would do it again there if I had another event.

Sent on 09/06/2013

Karen · Married on 06/17/2006

3.4
      3.5

Everything with them started out great, and very impressive. And it ended up being pretty good. However, there were some glitches here and there. There were some things that they said they were going to do, that they didn't. Some things seemed to fall through the cracks as if the wedding in the big ballroom that night was more important than our's. But all in all, it was a good reception place. It fit our needs. Just stay on top of the little details that matter to you.

Sent on 04/10/2007

Jen · Married on 05/27/2007

3.2
      2.0
      3.0

If you're looking for a beautiful venue with great food, this is your place. The lighting is amazing for pictures, and we had a wonderful party. I highly recommend the Hilton, as long as you don't mind the less than lovely neighborhood (busy streets).

Sent on 01/04/2008