Jeannine · Married on 10/13/2018
You must have your wedding here
First of all, Frances Ramirez, with the Hilton is hands down amazing! She took all of my calls, text messages and emails. She truly wen't above and beyond for us. Frances is a class act!Sent on 11/07/2018
Sadie · Married on 01/21/2017
What a elegant hotel. I loved that they had a Starbucks. They also have a shuttle that transported our guests to the venue.Sent on 01/23/2017
User5349748 · 2+ years ago
We have a room block here for our guests as a back-up/slightly less expensive alternative for our downtown Tampa wedding. The staff was very responsive and helpful and makes you an adorable little website for your guests to use. Great place to work with and a very nice hotel!Sent on 12/26/2015
Ileana · Married on 09/19/2015
Great customer service. Great menu. Beautiful venue with high ceilings and glass chandeliers. The staff made my family feel so welcome and that was very important to me. Great location, as it is in downtown Tampa and near the airport, malls, Ybor city, and the beaches. Thank you Jennifer! It was the perfect start to our marriage!Sent on 09/16/2015
Stephanie · Married on 02/26/2011
Our wedding was on 2/26/11. It was quite a process to find the perfect venue for our ceremony. We had already selected our site for our reception so that made it pretty difficult to find a spot that was 1, beautiful and 2, affordable. We wanted an outdoor venue and being that Florida weather can be so unpredictable most sites required a back -up option. With a back-up option came a jacked up price. It was very disheartening, however, my husband suggested the Hyatt so I looked into it. I found some pictures on-line from some weddings in the courtyard. They were incredible. From the tress that canopy and the waterfall and fountains that make for such a romantic location. I knew that would be our ceremony location. When I called the best news ever was that they did have a back- up option and it was FREE. WE were sold. WE spoke with Jennifer Vernon in the beginning and she connected us with Maribel Ruiz, the event coordinator. Everyone was great and very professional. It was the most beautiful ceremony!!!Sent on 04/10/2011
Sara E. · Married on 06/24/2018
beautiful hall with a great coordinator
Frances Ramirez made our dreams come true!! I had an Egyptian-American wedding for about 170 guests in the ballroom. Frances worked well with our coordinators and had everything streamlined. She was able to work with my vision regarding seating arrangements and even offer halal options for dietary restrictions. The bridal suite is huge! Great to get ready in!! One thing I wasn't happy about was I had to move my wedding back 6 months. It was moved from a saturday and I was told the only availability was a sunday due to lack of availability of the hall during June. However, the minimum food and beverage charge was the same. (many venues offer a cheaper minimum on a Sunday especially for a summer wedding in florida). Overall, it was a great experience in a beautiful ballroom.Sent on 12/26/2018
Guest · Married on 04/08/2017
Don't book an event at this hotel.Sent on 05/17/2017
I have previously booked wedding events for my family members at other Hilton Hotels and have been very happy with their quality, consistency, professionalism, and customer service.
We had a wedding reception here, and we were given a bill of around $19,000 with a 24% service charge.
Multiple services weren't provided at our wedding reception.
1. The cake we bought was never served to our guests. Nobody ate dessert. The cake wasn't even wheeled to the center of the dance floor. Multiple guests never saw the cake at all. The photographer couldn't take proper photographs because of failure of service with the cake.
2. Champagne wasn't poured on time for a champagne toast. We toasted to water. We gave the event planner a written timeline of when the toast would occur, yet a failure of service from the Hilton Tampa Downtown resulted in no champagne served by the time of the toast.
3. The event planner confirmed in writing he would bring a bird cage for guests to drop off their gifts into. This was not brought and our parents had to collect wedding gifts from our guests the entire night.
4. Lack of silverware at our tables. My elderly father asked for a spoon and was never given one. He had to eat dal (soup) with a fork.
5. Blatant lack of service and callous administration. I voiced my concerns to Management and I was refused a phonecall to review significant concerns regarding failure of services of the Hilton Tampa Downtown despite a mandated 24% service charge.
This is how you can expect to be treated by Management if you book an event at the Hilton Tampa Downtown.
If you're going to spend thousands of dollars for a wedding reception, my advice is to look elsewhere.
Hilton Tampa Downtown's reply:Once again I am so very sorry to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectations. As with all our clients, I hope you know that we strive to provide the best service possible and will do everything in our power to accommodate and service our clients and their families. You communicated to our Director of Sales your three concerns three weeks after the wedding and requested a rebate of $2500 and then again to our Director of Catering and then to the General Manager. After interviewing all involved we did not see a reason for the rebate. I sincerely hope your wedding was all you had hoped for and that you are enjoying life as newlyweds.