Hilton San Diego / Del Mar Reviews

Rating 4.6 out of 5, 11 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner
  • User1068669 2+ years ago
    Their service was fantastic and flexible and they were able to work with me to accomplish everything I had in my for my reception. Deryn is amazing and I highly recommend her. We had a lunch reception and their food was delicious! We were even able to talk to the chef to make specific requests about our menu and he and his team executed it perfectly!
  • Shauntay
    Shauntay Married on 06/16/2012
    The Hilton was an amazing reception venue. Deryn, the coordinator, made planning the wedding very easy. She was very flexible and adjusted the schedule to accommodate for changes. Deryn and her staff took the trouble to set up all of the tables and wedding favors and decorations so I didn't have to worry about it. The hotel had just gone through a renovation of the lobby, pool area and many of the rooms. The makeover left the hotel looking very sophisticated, and was a huge improvement over the old decorations. It even happened to be in our wedding colors! The food at the wedding was also spectacular. The portion sizes were perfect and it tastes great. It was A great experience and I'd highly recommend them!
    Elizabeth Married on 08/02/2008
    We are EXTREMELY happy with Del Mar Hilton. The staff we all so professional and VERY helpful. Our catering manager, Brittany, was AMAZING. She knew her stuff. She helped me think of things even I didn't think about. On paper, the reception seemed so simple. But on the day of my wedding, I was BLOWN away with how everything turned out. The reception was BEAUTIFUL. I couldn't be more happy. I loved it all!!!
    Elisa Married on 07/11/2008
    My ceremony and reception were wonderful thanks to Brittany at the Hilton!
    Samantha Married on 05/03/2008
    I could not have asked for a better venue for my wedding! Not only was the planning process a breeze but Brittany (The event coordinator) was a pleasure to work with. She made sure that our wishes became a reality and on the day of the actual event, she was amazing. She made sure that everything went smoothly and I didn't have to deal with anything other than enjoying my wedding day and spending time with my family and friends. Everyone continues to talk about what an amazing wedding it was and we owe it all to the Hilton Del Mar and Brittany Lee.
  • F
    Felipe Married on 12/12/2008
    All i can say is wow great service the staff was very attentive and the food was awsome
    Juanita Married on 09/21/2013
    We set up a room block and the post-day brunch for our September wedding and it was great. We worked with Lyndee and she was amazing. She was very attentive and got back to me whenever I had questions and was very accommodating. The day after brunch was awesome and the food was great. When we got to the Hilton, the morning of, everything was set up and our guest had a great time. My mother did forget her jewelry box in the room and when we called the front desk after we got home they said that they hadn't found the box. I give the room block and the brunch 5 stars but am taking away one of the stars because her jewelry box was not turned in.
    Neil Married on 08/13/2011
    We had an incredibly wonderful experience with the Hilton San Diego/Del Mar. They were very accommodating in meeting our budgets without cutting the frills. Additionally, they added all sorts of goodies along the way (such as free parking and a room upgrade). While we had looked at many places in San Diego for our reception, none came close to giving us what the Hilton Del Mar promised and they exceeded every expectation.
    Amanda Married on 06/18/2011
    Amazing location, beautiful hotel. Willing to work with you and within your budget. We ended up working with Carlie McVay in catering and she was awesome! They don't have any other events on your wedding day and have a great outdoor seating area that can be used for cocktail hour...or just as a break area from the reception.
    Carter Married on 11/01/2008
    Great Hotel! Very organized and treat each guest with uttmost respect.
    Sam Married on 01/01/2008
    Wonderful reception party! nice dance floor!