Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront Reviews

17 Reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront

• Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/14/2019

Top Notch Venue

Lynell and her team were just hands down the best!! From valet all the way to the wait staff, they were so nice, professional, and very helpful. My guest are still talking about the venue and how the staff was so nice and the atmosphere was breathtaking. Lynell and her staff know exactly what they are doing. I was very comfortable with her through the entire two year planning process especially with me being an out of town bride. I had no doubts in my mind about letting her take control and I trusted her opinion and judgement all the way. This venue and team were exceptional. We had an amazing beach wedding without the sand. You can't go wrong with them!!!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront's reply:

Thank you so much for your gracious remarks Danielle! You and Spencer were a pleasure to work with and I LOVE how it all came together.
    Be sure to share Dustin Lewis's pictures and Marcus's video when they are complete. You did an amazing job being so on top of everything and it shows. Thank you again and let us know how we can be of furthers service. It was our pleasure helping you and thank you for allowing us to be a part of your story! Keep in touch!
  • christygirl7

Christine · Married on 11/10/2018

Highly recommend

Lynell and Kaitlyn were both great in helping to make the wedding of my dreams come true. They were extremely responsive to all questions, never got mad about last minute changes that came up, we’re extremely organized and were easy to work with. The rest of the staff were all extremely polite as well and did a very good job with everything. I highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Christine,
    Thank you kindly for your sweet and thoughtful message! You were so organized and on top of things it made working with you such a delight!
    We are thrilled everything came together so beautifully and just as you were dreaming. Please do keep in touch and share your beautiful professional pictures with as the Malibu blue, your personal touches and your DRESS were GORGEOUS!!
    Take care,
    Lynell and entire HGI team

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2018

The Hilton Garden Inn VA Beach Oceanfront was AMAZING!!! Lynell, Katelyn and team were very attentive, proactive and such a pleasure to work with! The staff at the hotel the entire weekend was better than I can review!! I can't rave enough about them!! Every single staff member was fantastic! It truly says a lot when the staff remembers our guests names and go out of their way to ensure our guests had everything they needed. The customer service was perfect, AND the hotel itself is so beautiful!! We were supposed to have our ceremony on the 3rd floor sundeck (which is gorgeous) but due to the weather, it was held in the ballroom. We are so impressed with how smoothly the transition went from the ceremony to the reception. The entire weekend was seamless, including the rehearsal dinner! I can't say enough about the team at the Hilton Garden Inn! I would 100% recommend this team, and the property!! 5 stars from my husband and me, as well as all of our family! Thank you, Lynell!!!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Hello Jenn and Brian,
    Thank you kindly for the profound accolades you provided our team. You were so organized and such a pleasure to work with to plan your special wedding celebration! I am looking forward to seeing the professional pictures, so please share when you get them and keep in touch. Your family and friends were so fantastic, and the team loved having them here at your destination wedding (Lager Heads Restaurant especially)!
    Thank you again for your kind words, as we wish you both pure happiness along the journey the lies ahead in marriage. Let us know if you are ever in the area again - maybe for an anniversary trip!! We are pleased everything came together so beautifully, despite the threats of weather.
    Lynell and the Entire HGI Team

Shania · Married on 07/21/2018

Though this was a pricey venue, it was well worth the money! Our wedding was so beautiful here. Even though we ended up doing the ceremony inside due to rain it was still amazingly beautiful. The staff here is top notch! Literally the nicest most hardworking people I have ever come across! Lynell and Kaitlyn helped us so much with the planning process. And all of the staff that set up, the wait staff, and the bartender took care of my guests and were amazing. Thank you all for making our special day so special!!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Hello Shania,
    Thank you for your kind words. You and Harrison were a pleasure to work with and we are so happy everything came together so beautifully, as planned (despite the rain)! Your wedding day was absolutely gorgeous, thank you for choosing to host your special day with us! Best of luck in your journey and please keep in touch!
    The Hilton Garden Inn Team

Amber · Married on 06/23/2018

We had our ceremony and reception at the Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront last weekend and it was AMAZING!! We met with Lynell more than a year and a half ago and from the very first meeting, she was professional, transparent and super sweet! She laid out all of our options and we loved the customization of this venue!
    When we left our first meeting, me and my now husband knew this was the place that we wanted to get married. Throughout the process Lynell, Katelyn and Kara were so responsive to all of our emails and they were always so pleasant on the phone. I loved that they were just as excited for our wedding day as we were.
    Our wedding day couldn't have been more perfect! Though the rain wouldn't allow us to have the ceremony outside on their beautiful sun deck, the staff transformed the ballroom into a beautiful ceremony space! More than I could have ever dreamed of! Lynell made sure to check on us during the night which we really appreciated!
    All of the staff that night including Damien, David & Patrick were on point!! Plus they were so much fun and enjoyed our wedding as much as we did!!
    We cannot thank Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront enough for all of their help, time and patience! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront's reply:

Thank you Amber and Cole! We absolutely enjoyed helping you plan and bring your vision for your special day to life! We appreciate your kind words and wish you two many years of happiness. Enjoy the journey as it continues and please keep in touch!
    Best Wishes,
    The Entire Team at Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront

Maizel · Married on 11/18/2017

The Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront was everything I could ever hope for in a wedding venue. I had toured several venues prior to visiting Lynell at the Hilton Garden Inn but none really felt right. It didn't matter though, because the minute I walked into the Hilton Garden Inn, I just knew. Everything about the Hilton Garden Inn is perfect. The view is breathtaking and the hotel itself is beautiful, and my guests are still raving about the crab cakes and filet mignon. But what I loved most was the staff. I cannot say enough about how accommodating Lynell and her staff were during the entire process. Thank you so much for being so caring and friendly from start to finish!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront's reply:

Wow, thank you Maizel! She were such a pleasure to work with and I truly enjoyed bringing your vision for your special day to life! We appreciate the kind words and am estactic it all worked out so well! You looked amazing too! We look forward to keeping in touch!
    Thank you again and best wishes to you, Mickey, family and friends!
    Lynell and entire HGI team

So far everything is just fantastic. We looked at so many reception venues and because our wedding is small, approximately 50, most venues wanted to place us in a conference room which looked horrible. The Hilton Garden Inn has an amazing space for small weddings. There is the separate space for cocktail hour, which was important to me, with a gorgeous view of the oceanfront. We looked at the guest rooms and they are just as nice. Our questions are always answered promptly and could not have asked for a better experience thus far.

Sent on 05/28/2016

Andrea · Married on 05/12/2017

What an amazing day!! Thank you for everything! You and your staff are top notch!! The food was so delicious! Complements to the chef!! I can't thank you enough for all for the hard work everyone put into our day!! I also think the ceremony worked out better in doors!! Absolutely beautiful!! The ball room was gorgeous! More beautiful than I ever imagined! Thank you again! Everything was perfect!!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront's reply:

Thank you Andrea! We really enjoyed working with you to plan and bring your dream day to life! It was a special day and we are happy we were able to be a part of your celebration.
    Your wedding ceremony and party were so lovely, even despite Mother Nature! Thank you for your post, we appreciate the feedback! Please send pictures when you get them!!
    Lynell

I absolutely loved this venue! Every single employee that I encountered the whole weekend was great to talk to and very friendly. The whole planning process was fun and stress-free thanks to Veronica and Hope. They were great at communicating and were very accommodating. I don't know what was better between the catering, event planning process, or the views. Every guest said how delicious the food was and how "cool" the servers and bartenders were. I recommend every bride get married here!

Sent on 09/29/2016

My wedding was 100% perfect. From the first time I met Hope and Veronica, to the morning after the wedding. They were in constant contact with me, and quick to respond to any questions I had. The food and staff were excellent-my guests couldn't stop raving about the buffet. I would highly recommend this venue for any bride who needs that personal touch. I didn't have a wedding planner, but between Hope and Veronica, I didn't need one. Great experience!

Sent on 07/02/2016
  • User5511922 · 2+ years ago

I had a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. From planning our wedding reception to the actual day, it was just easy and stressless. The staff was amazing and everyone thought the food was great. We had an amazing time and I can't thank them enough! I recommend them 100%.

Sent on 10/10/2015

Alexis · Married on 09/05/2014

Great Venue! We had an amazing time and our guests that stayed at the hotel loved it as well! Couldn't have picked a better place!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Alexandra · Married on 07/30/2016

3.5

Absolutely amazing at every service they offered. Was definitely worth the money. Our servers and wedding planner was amazing and helped to make the day very stress-free. Could not have picked a better and more beautiful place to have my wedding.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Rachel · Married on 12/30/2017

The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Oceanfront were absolutely wonderful! After visiting various venues in the Virginia Beach area, the Hilton Garden Inn Oceanfront was best suited for our needs. Lynell and her staff were very helpful during the planning process and great with all of our guests. Weeks after the wedding reception our guests still talk about how it was the best wedding food they EVER had! My husband and I were so happy with how everything went and had the best time.

Sent on 01/19/2018
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/18/2019

3.8

Beautiful Venue

My husband and I recently got married at the HGI and it was beautiful!! They have many different areas to have a wedding in its entirety which was very convenient with many out of town guests coming into town. The catering/event manager will be your point of contact, along with two assistants.
    My only recommendation is to make sure all three catering/event staff are copied on all emails so all details are covered and they all are aware. Keep yourself organized so you can always look back when reviewing details with the hotel staff.
    Overall, the day went as well as we planned and it was all smooth and our big day was everything we hoped for. The staff of the hotel made sure everyone was happy and we, the bride and groom, were taken care of with food and drinks all night.

Sent on 06/19/2019

Hello Kaitlyn,
    We really appreciate your feedback as we always aim to please! You were such a pleasure to work with and it all came together SO beautifully! There are a LOT of details to stay on top of and I hope we made the experience as smooth and easy as possible! Please reach out and let me know if we can be of any further service!
    Best Wishes to you and Jared, please come back and see us on your anniversary if not sooner!
    Sincere Warm Wishes,
    Lynell and entire HGI Team
  • Shiniqua

Shiniqua · Married on 09/01/2019

2.4

Mixed feelings

Lets start with the positive. The venue is gorgeous and is beachfront and the food is amazing. However, myself and my wedding planner had to consistent communication issues with Lynell, the venue wedding planner. I live in Charlotte and traveled to VA Beach to hand pick my colors for linen 6 months prior to my wedding. However literally up to two days before my wedding we were being asked what colors I wanted and then were told the colors i picked six months before were not available. Additionally, email communication was horrible. We were nickled and dimed for EVERYTHING! It was like she was purposely trying to run up our check. Oh and don't forget the 22% taxes and fees added onto EVERYTHING. We paid $6.50/chair for gold chavari chairs at the reception, however when we arrived the chairs were silver and I didn't know until we made our reception entrance. Let's not forget that 10 minutes into my reception one of the servers knocked over the display in front of the sweetheart table, which included water filled glass vases. Oh and another server broke a glass on a blind family member! I would not recommend this place and I am heartbroken by the things that happened when we spent alot of money on this venue. Oh and no follow up or apology for any of these things!

Sent on 09/27/2019

Hello Shiniqua,
    I am saddened to hear your experience was less than perfect and I wish to address all challenges and imperfections individually with you. Please know that it is our every intention to provide you a successful planning process, as well as experience while onsite. I pride myself on being completely transparent with pricing as well as available throughout the process as necessary to get all details correct. This is the first time I was made aware of some of these issues, but please know I will do everything in my power to have you walk away from your experience with us happy and pleased with your choice to host your special celebration with us.
    Lynell Helms

Mikole · Married on 09/09/2017

2.4
      3.0

Tell them your budget up front and insist that you get it your way. We overspent because of the heavy insistance from the catering dept. The day of was great but they are slow to respond to communication/emails unless it has to do with paying them. They don't care what is going on in your life as long as they get paid. The wedding coordinator we started with quit then there were 2 other people working our wedding without warning or notice. It was a huge mess for awhile. Also, the pricing listed is double those prices

Sent on 09/19/2017

Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront's reply:

Mikole and Kayzie, I truly enjoyed helping you plan your unique wedding! I know it was challenging for you to plan your special wedding while also bringing your baby into the world. I apologize if you feel you were not well informed of the charges along the way, as I pride myself on being transparent in all areas especially regarding costs. The prices have been the same throughout the experience, so I am surprised to hear you felt like things doubled. The only thing I can figure that may have been unexpected is that you added lovely accent lighting to the space that was not apart of the food and beverage minimum that was originally contracted. Though I was not the one that booked this event with you back last year, I hope that my efforts with our multiple wedding tastings, conference calls and meetings were enough to set you at ease. If there was anything I could have specifically done better, I wish for you to let me know directly. I understand the feeling of not working with the same person in the beginning as to when your special day came can be unnerving (it happened to me too), but the staff members were promoted within the company and with my experience I hope you felt taken care of. There may have been a transition, but I welcome the feedback so that we can improve for the future.
    Thank you again for hosting such a fun and memorable wedding where your guests were all dressed up and apart of the entire #House Dorig experience. Best of luck in the future!