Hilton Alexandria Mark Center Reviews

6 | Alexandria, VA

6 Reviews for Hilton Alexandria Mark Center

• Matched2aT

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2012

I loved my venue and Matt was wonderful. I cannot rave about him or the food more. There were small things that I felt could have been handled differently / better on the day of the wedding, but overall - the place was stunning, the staff was fabulous, the food was amazing (my guests are still raving!!) and Matt (to this day) is one of the best people I've ever worked with in planning an event of this magnitude.

Sent on 02/13/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/28/2008

We worked with Heidi at the Alexandria Hilton Mark Center and she worked wonders for us. She worked with us from start to finish on many things that we had requested. We had our ceremony and reception all in one place, which made it easy for our out of town guests who attended the wedding. We had hoped to have our ceremony outside, but the humidity was to high that day, but at least we were able to get our pictures outside. The grounds are just so beautiful with gazebo and the water foundation you couldn't ask for much more.

The reception was just beautiful, it was everything we imagine it could be. Everything came together just liked we planned. The servers were very polite and professional and made sure your glasses were full and asked how the dinner was. I would recommend the Hilton at Mark Center in Alexandria to others and request Heidi.

Sent on 07/03/2008

Nancy and Romel · Married on 08/02/2014

Work with Tania for our wedding whom was great! Answered all out questions prior to the wedding and made sure we were stress free during the wedding! Also have nice rooms and banquet staff who all worked hard! Great venue for a wedding around town.

Sent on 08/08/2014

3.0

Laure was a pleasure to work with from start to finish; very professional, helpful and knowledgeable. The food was great, the staff was professional and the venue was setup nicely. When our open bar changed into a cash bar after the cocktail hour the cashier setup was a little odd; an employee at a small table with several tickets, it looked more like someone selling raffle tickets.
    Laure was great at handled our overly excitable officiant elegantly allowing our ceremony and reception to continue without any snags. She took care of setup of our candy bar, candles, escort pumpkins (instead of cards) and other small details to alleviate stress. The hotel property is really well maintained and a nice setting for pictures, I wouldn't hesitate to host another function here again.

Sent on 11/20/2012
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/09/2010

3.6
      3.5

The Hilton at Mark Center is a beautiful place to have a wedding. The food is DELICIOUS. The Gazebo is LOVELY. The hotel has nice accommodations and amenities.

The staff member working closest with us for the wedding was okay. She was not always very good at answering questions or providing us with options. We felt we often came away with a sense of confusion and hoped that they knew what they were doing there.

The DJ complained to me that the consultant (Heidi Coblentz) should have been more involved on the actual wedding day. He stated that his timing of the ceremony music was off a bit because he could not tell when the wedding party changed. He said that it was her responsiblity to help out with that. We barely saw her that day. However, she did tell us that she would not be exclusively ours...so...keep that in mind when planning.

We were hooked up with fancy suites for the night before the wedding and wedding night and that was really nice. We also did a brunch the day after the wedding and the food and atmosphere there was great.

If you're considering having a wedding here, I'd spend some money on a wedding planner to help deal with the event organizer at Hilton (so you don't have to do it and be stressed out) and make sure timing of things on your actual wedding day go smoothly.

Sent on 12/16/2010
  • Lalla

Lalla · Married on 07/06/2019

1.0

Average not impressed

The venue is beautiful but I was quite disappointed in the service and professionalism!!! Yvonne my wedding coordinator was so amazing but it’s unfortunate she left right before my wedding because a lot of the staff had no clue of what was in our contract and what we paid for. For their price, they should do better!

Sent on 07/08/2019