Hazel & Gray Reviews

4.2

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Mandy C. Married on 09/11/2021

Stress Free!

The whole experience was seamless and easy! Janelle was always on her game and excited about every part of our journey. She has beautiful tastes which which is very helpful during the decision process. We loved working with Hazel & Gray!!

Hazel & Gray's reply:

We loved working with you! Thank you so much for the kind words. I look forward to working together again soon!
  • Alia
    Alia Married on 08/29/2021

An absolute gem

Janelle is a star. She truly is. She shine in every single aspect and goes above and beyond for her clients. 2021 was a year of burnout for vendors in the wedding industry and we trusted Janelle to make our dream wedding come true. She was kind, patient, calm and very easy to work with. We would absolutely recommend her to every single couple looking for a planner who truly cares about their couples and values their craftsmanship and talent rather than nickling and diming clients. If you want an end of this world experience, please hire janelle
  • Christy
    Christy V. Married on 06/25/2021

Much less stressed Bride to be.

I was an unsure, anxious lil bride baby, and Janelle took my frown and turned it upside down. I had no idea where to start or what to do with all my ideas. Janelle made it so easy for me to finally make decisions because she will talk you through everything. She is so confident and knowledgeable. You will be in the most caring hands when you work with Janelle because yes, this is her job to do for you, but she really cares. Thank you Hazel & Gray!!!

Hazel & Gray's reply:

Thank you Christy for all your kind words! I hope to always make things organized, smooth and fun. No stress is the end goal!! Hope to work with you more in the future!
  • Arieanna
    Arieanna R. Married on 03/19/2021

Cannot Recommend Enough!!

Janelle was BEYOND amazing. After getting 8 million different ideas and pictures of things for a large wedding in MI, I completely changed plans and switch to a small wedding in TN. She was completely on board coming down with us and it was a heaven sent. She was instantly reaching out to new vendors trying to find everything I needed in only 4 months until my wedding date. Not only did she setup and organize everything, but the entire day she was my support system. You don’t realize how much you need someone there to run the show until the day of. I wouldn’t have known a single thing about how to coordinate everything with vendors or how to set up the line up for the ceremony, but thank god we had her there. I honestly cannot recommend working with Janelle enough. She feels like your best friend without ever meeting and is the sole reason that I had the most amazing time at my wedding. I wish I could rate 10000000/5 because she is even better than 5 stars!
    Traci G. Married on 10/24/2020

Amazing wedding

I really don’t have enough words to describe how amazing and wonderful Janelle and her staff made our wedding! I would highly recommend her. If you’re uncertain about hiring her, just do it. She and her staff were outstanding. She made our wedding day exactly what we envisioned and I would hire her company again for any event!
  • Alicia
    Alicia Married on 10/17/2020

Absolutely Amazing

Janelle and her team were a dream to work with. We knew right away after our first meeting she was the perfect fit. She took our vision and turned it into something completely magical. She worked with our other vendors to coordinate the day and everything flowed seamlessly. Can’t recommend her enough!
    Julie O. Married on 11/06/2019

A Pleasure

Loved working with Janelle! She is always available with an answer, idea, advise or just to listen. It was obvious she loves what she is doing.

Hazel & Gray's reply:

I DO LOVE IT! Thank you so much Julie! I know that we will have so many events to plan together in the future! Truly always one of my favorite people to work for/with! xoxo
  • Sara
    Sara Married on 09/14/2019

Visionary! Passionate! Grace! Perfection! 10/10

My husband and I had an unconventional wedding journey... Janelle Mily has been there throughout that journey with grace and understanding. We had to make some adjustments with our plans; Janelle has been compassionate and accommodating. She eases stressful situations with her clear rational thinking. Just recently we hired hazel&gray to capture some hubby and wife “engagement” style pictures of us. I am ecstatic with our first professional pictures done together as a couple and it has given me a taste of what is to come for our special day:). Janelle made us feel comfortable and relaxed. She flowed with my weird request and captured the essence of our relationship: by shooting silly and weird pictures along with the sentimental and intimate shots. She listened to what we wanted so she could captured our moment and provided pictures that will last us a lifetime.
    When my husband and I do eventually have our wedding reception here with our family and friends there is not a doubt in my mind that Janelle will make our day tailored to our style and personalities because that is what she does- she looks at you as an individual couple and figures out what is best for you (even when you’re uncertain what is best or uncertain what you want!) Because everyone and every relationship is different and she takes the time to really get to know you and your wishes.

Hazel & Gray's reply:

This post gives me life. Thank you so much for the kind words. Though your situation is unlike most, your love is undeniable. Navigating you and Taite was seamless given the end goal of marriage was the only important piece :) Capturing these images was easy given you passion for one another. It was truly an honor.
  • Jordan
    Jordan J. Married on 06/02/2019

is there a word greater than perfection?

I have worked with Janelle on multiple occasions and there’s definitely a reason for that. She thinks of EVERYTHING! not only does she think of everything but she’s incredibly helpful and gives great advice. she knows her stuff, there is no doubt about that. so talented and dedicated to making your life easier and to making your event absolutely perfect! 10000% would recommend Hazel & Gray to anyone trying to plan a wedding, party or any type of event!

Hazel & Gray's reply:

Thank you so much for these kind words! I always have a blast working with you! I can not wait to see what the future holds for us....maybe a business launch party perhaps??
    Samantha Married on 04/19/2019

The perfect planner.

Janelle has a unique ability to turn a venue into you. She can take your personality, energy, and style and create a wonderland that’s exclusively you. He genuine regard for other people gives her an edge I have never experienced in another human. Janelle is a true fairy godmother, creating for magic than I knew was possible. Let her take your dreams and make them tangible.

Hazel & Gray's reply:

These words are magic!! Thank you so so much! Making an event unique is everything we strive for! I hope to plan many more events with you!!
    Shannon Married on 06/23/2018

Your new best friend

I’ve worked with Janelle recently and meeting her was an instant feeling of doing business with a trusted friend. She will make you feel truly taken care of. Run, don’t walk to Hazel & Gray!

Hazel & Gray's reply:

What a compliment!!! Working with you is ALWAYS my pleasure :)

Here's to all the planning to come! I am sure we are going to need two first birthdays here in the next 10 months ;)
    Robbi Married on 09/29/2017

Highly recommend! Hazel & Grey were a blessing and made the entire process about us, our needs, our style & our personalities!

I have known Janelle a long time. I have watched her help plan parties for herself and friends over the years, so when I had the honor of not only being the Mother of the Bride but also the Matron of Honor, I knew I had to turn to Janelle for help. I not only had to help plan a wedding, I had a destination Bachelorette party to plan for 15 women! I was nervous about planning the bachelorette party considering it was for my daughter and in my day a bachelorette party was not much more than the girls going for drinks! Janelle was invaluable to me in every aspect from helping to find the perfect hotel, making dinner reservations, scheduling drivers and pick up times, customized bathing suits and shirts for the squad, personalizing our own pictionary game to suit the group and the occasion, to shipping decorations and giant floats to the hotel! Her insight and instinct was spot on! We didn't want the "typical" bachelorette. We wanted tasteful but fun with just a little bit of adult humor thrown in. Janelle delivered on all accounts! Everything went smooth and everyone had an absolute blast!
    As for the wedding, janelle went above and beyond! She has a natural instinct for knowing what people want or need within a short period of time! Her knowledge of venues, vendors, color pallets, flowers, what works, keeping within budget (the list goes on...) is amazing! No detail is too big or small for her. She even went dress shopping with us and while I was trying on dress after dress that just wasn't working for me, she managed to slip two in the dressing room that I would have never even considered. When I said that to her she just smiled and said "just humor me then". To my surprise, they not only fit perfect but I felt Beautiful! My daughter said "those are the dresses mom! Your face just lit up when you looked at yourself in the mirror!" I cried....and I bought both dresses! One for the rehearsal dinner and one as my Matron of Honor dress for what turned about to be a beautiful wedding!
    I cannot say enough good things about Janelle and her talent for just knowing "what's right" for each event, be it friend, family or client. She is very giving of herself and her time and was very patient with this mom that asked a lot of questions, changed her mind and back again and made umpteen millions calls!
    Janelle loves what she does and it shows in every detail.
    This is not "just her job" ....it's her passion and it's what she was born to do!
    Now...for that baby shower that I have to plan..... :)

Hazel & Gray's reply:

I am crying.... Thank you so so much for such kind amazing words. It was so fun to do all the things with you :) Can not wait for more events to come!
    Ashley Married on 09/23/2017

Loved working with H&G!!

Janelle is SUCH an amazing person to work with, such a visionary and so sweet. She really listens to your vision and can bring anything to life. With her own personality and passion, she pays attention to detail, and brings ideas to the table you wouldn't even have thought of. She is one of my favorite people to work with, from Bachelorette party planning, to my wedding, she really was amazing!

Hazel & Gray's reply:

Thank you so so much lady! It was a pleasure working with you :) I will never forget the sign debacle, one of my favorite memories :)
    Madelyn Married on 05/12/2017

Hazel and Gray - My Favorite Vendor!

Working with Hazel and Gray made my big day the success it was! I wouldn’t have been able to do it without Janelle. She can be involved as little or as much as you need her to be. I loved that each package of involvement is tailored to how much I need, but I also love that each package, or event, is personalized to the couple. At the end of the day, it is your wedding, not the planners, and you should find someone that listens to what you and your partner want, not that they think you should do.
    Stop looking for a wedding planner and go with Hazel & Gray, you won't regret it.

Hazel & Gray's reply:

Thank you :) I appreciate you so much! xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox
  • Ben
    Ben R. Married on 11/06/2007

Janelle did an awesome job!

Janelle did an awesome job with my wife's small outdoor, socially distanced birthday party event. She went above and beyond making it a tasteful, fancy and fun event! She made signs, brought balloons and set up beautiful flowers.

Hazel & Gray's reply:

Thank you so much! It was so much fun to be a part of such a special event! Thank you for trusting me to bring your vision to life!
    Katie Getting married on 09/17/2022

Unresponsive and won’t refund money

I was very excited to work with Janelle however once the contract was signed and I have paid for the services she was very unresponsive. Would never follow through on the timelines she set out and I was always the one to have to follow up with her. After discussing my concerns about communication things didn’t improve and told her I would like a refund and it seems she has taken on more than she can handle.
  • Dustin
    Dustin L. Married on 09/12/2021

Poor experience and lack of responsiveness led us elsewhere

We were really looking forward to Janelle's help in planning our very special day. Unfortunately communication and assistance quickly became non-existent after our initial meeting and first payment.

As we got closer to our wedding date with no progress (despite our many attempts) we asked Janelle to meet with us to solidify a plan. 15 minutes after we were supposed to meet she canceled due to a flat tire. We asked to reschedule but never heard back from her other than she "had a lot of great plans for us." Left with no alternatives, we asked for a refund and had to scramble to find a new wedding planner. Fortunately we found a great person who made our day magical. Unfortunately we have still not heard back from Janelle and have not received a refund.

I hope everything is okay with her, however communication is key. Things happen, but my advice to you is merely communicate and let your clients know if you cannot complete what we hired you for so that we can all move on in an efficient manner and not have to scramble.
    Vladimir S. Married on 08/28/2021

Disappointed in Janelle

Hiring Janelle to help plan and run our wedding was the worst decision we made, and an expensive one to boot. To maximize content while minimizing word count, I’ll list things. -We had to urge her to follow through on tasks multiple times to the point where it would have been easier for us to do them. -We were hoping she’d guide us through the process, she didn’t. -She didn’t help us find vendors in a timely manner. -She never gave us a finalized timeline -We had a discussion prior to the wedding where we laid out our feelings towards her many failures/shortcomings hoping she’d turn things around, she didn’t. -She was poor at communicating with some vendors. One of our deals almost fell through until they reached out to us after radio silence from Janelle. -Day-of was a nightmare when it came to her tasks -She massively screwed up all of the seating to a point where is was impressively wrong after we supplied her with a foolproof floorplan layout that was even color coded. -She wasn’t there in the bridal suite helping the bride get ready in the morning as promised. -She didn’t do anything to keep to a set schedule (that we ended up having to make) -She didn’t stay on top of the shuttle so my (the groom) parents had to have a friend find them an uber to get to the ceremony. -She left behind some of the florals intended for the bridal party -She promised my wife food prior to the ceremony, that didn’t happen so she almost fainted due to that. -My wife had to keep everything on schedule throughout the ceremony/reception through constant communication with the DJ (Bee Entertainment, John was incredible) -We missed our planned sunset photos because she wasn’t there -She was absent for family photos so our cousin and photographer had to organize all the photos. Because of that, some important photos we had planned weren’t taken. (Photographers were Robyn and Finch, an amazing couple with massive talent. The lack of some photos wasn’t their fault) -Due to her lack of keeping a schedule, our videographer (John at Trifoot Production, amazing man and talent) stayed a couple hours late to get all the shots. -We asked her to make sure no one was on their phones during the ceremony, there were many phones. -During the reception, she was nowhere to be found most of the night. When she was there, she was in the lounge area. -Her mother/assistant interrupted my wife multiple times through the reception while family was talking to her. Virtually everything she said she would do in her contract was either only done after much prodding by us, done very poorly/late or not done at all. Not only was she not helpful, but she was a massive added stress and an overall detriment to the process. Our wedding was in August. We have emailed her and texted her since and had radio silence. We were not planning on making a public review, but her lack of professional decorum has motivated us to write this.
    Eric Married on 08/28/2021

We are getting scammed by Hazel & Gray

Janelle is running a scam at Hazel & Gray and apparently, we are not the only ones: http://www.hazelandgrayevents.website She signed the contract and disappeared with our money. She does not pick up her phone or respond to emails. We are left battling this refund through our credit card company and perhaps the courtroom. What a mess it was working with Janelle and Hazel & Gray. They should be removed from Wedding Wire.