Harmonious Union Events Reviews

Harmonious Union Events 3
  • Steph

Steph Jarzemsky · Married on 08/24/2019

Loved working with HUE!

We loved working with Sarah and Jessie did an amazing job with our florals! We planned our wedding from overseas and our venue was a rustic summer camp (and not one that “does” weddings) - many of the elements required us to bring in external vendors and/or do our own set-up. Sarah’s local knowledge and expert advice was so valuable throughout the planning process, and having her there to coordinate during our wedding weekend meant that we could actually relax and enjoy the experience we had put so much time and effort into creating. From the very first call we had with her, Sarah made us feel comfortable and confident in our ideas, while at the same time giving us advice that helped us fit things to our budget and taste.

My husband and I both enjoy organizing events and because we wanted to do a lot of things ourselves, we were unsure how much coordination and planning services we would need. My advice for other couples like us: do not underestimate how critical a wedding coordinator can be (esp when your coordinator is Sarah Davidson) to pulling off your wedding the way you want it and maintaining sanity during the planning process! Looking back, if I could change anything it would only be to book more of Sarah’s time for the weekend-of. Thank you Sarah, Jessie and HUE team!!
    (photos by Anda Marie Photography)

Harmonious Union Events 4
    Harmonious Union Events 5
    Harmonious Union Events 6
    Sent on 11/16/2019

Kevin Johnson · Married on 08/17/2019

A Special Day

We recently had the pleasure of working with Sarah and her team during our son's wedding. We highly recommend them to anyone considering getting help with their wedding or event. Their professionalism and organized approach quickly allayed any concerns we had about coordinating all of the people and tasks for the wedding day. The peace of mind they gave us allowed everyone to thoroughly enjoy the event.

Sent on 09/07/2019

Amber · Married on 10/07/2017

Sarah's assistance with helping us pull off our perfect wedding was invaluable! We contacted her a few months into wedding planning once we realized it was tricky to take care of all our details from a distance (we live in Detroit, and held our wedding in Madison). We went with the partial planning package, and Sarah helped us with everything we had been struggling to figure out on our own, including locating necessary decor for our ceremony that seemed nearly impossible to find.

She was always super responsive, and flexible in communicating/meeting with us from afar and around our busy schedules. Not only did she help us with vendors, schedules and decor details, but she was a great guide in helping us navigate general wedding questions and etiquette concerns.

We were able to put our complete trust in her and had no worries about any details falling through the cracks once the big day came. On the day of, Sarah kept everything running smoothly and made sure we enjoyed ourselves. Overall she was so nice to work with, listened to all of our needs/wants, and made us feel so comfortable and confident knowing everything would go well! We could not have had such a special, beautiful, and relaxing wedding day without her.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Jen · Married on 09/16/2017

Working with Sarah (owner) and, more specifically, with Jessie (assistant planner) the year leading up to our wedding was wonderful. I reached out to Sarah one year before our wedding and she was quick and accommodating to chat with me and learn about what we envisioned for our wedding day and where we felt we’d need the most help. The year leading up to our wedding Sarah planned to take maternity leave (yay!) so she paired us with her assistant Jessie. We LOVED working with Jessie! Jessie was patient and attentive responding to the numerous emails we sent her. We were planning our wedding in Madison from California and she took the time to go on a number of vendor visits when we came to town for a whirlwind weekend and helped us make decisions that were otherwise tough to do remotely. She helped coordinate calls and did all the hard legwork of getting vendor information, contracts gathered, and confirmed all details leading up to the wedding day - which brought me *so* much peace of mind. Our wedding day was FLAWLESS! Jessie and her assistant made our day a dream! The morning of our wedding Jessie picked up our flowers and even came to our hotel to help pin on boutonnieres and check to make sure we were doing OK. We planned to flip a room that we used for both the ceremony and reception and not only did Jessie do all of this work but she also helped set out our decor. Towards the end of the night she helped gather gifts, cards and family heirlooms to make sure they were kept safe.
    I would 100% recommend Harmonious Union Events, and working with Jessie, to anyone getting married in the Madison area.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Chelly · Married on 09/16/2017

We hired Sarah a year before our wedding for full event planning and day-of coordination services. We don’t live in Wisconsin so we were looking for someone with knowledge and experience working with local vendors and who could work well with us by phone or email. We couldn’t have found a better planner than Sarah! She easily understood our style and vision for the wedding we wanted and helped us turn our ideas into an event that represented us as a couple. Her organizational and communication skills are excellent. She always responded to our emails within a day, no request or question was met with skepticism or hesitation, and she gracefully handled our last-minute changes. She also worked with our family to plan the rehearsal dinner and a Sunday brunch. We highly recommend Harmonious Union Events!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Jessa · Married on 10/01/2016

We absolutely loved working with Sarah. My fiance and I originally thought we could take care of all our wedding details ourselves, but a couple of our friends assured us the day would go much more smoothly with the help of a planner. I am so happy we ended up contacting Harmonious Union Events! The Emerald Package was perfect for us - we had lots of ideas and had taken care of a lot of the planning, but we needed help with the execution. Sarah was super responsive and helpful throughout the entire process; it was so nice to consult with her on various questions/concerns (big or small!) leading up to the event. I especially appreciated her input about our overall timeline for the day - you can tell she has a ton of experience to draw from, which was great because I wasn't sure where to begin. She has lots of connections and was familiar with almost all of our vendors, which made things run very smoothly. At the rehearsal she was able to take charge and assist our officiant in organizing our wedding party and the details for the ceremony. On the day of the event we were blown away with her attentiveness to detail. She took care of everything we asked, and more - it was so enjoyable working with Sarah. We would highly, highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Bethany · Married on 07/30/2016

My husband and I did the full planning package and had a very positive experience working with Sarah at Harmonious Union Events. She planned and executed every aspect of our wedding and there is no way we could have done it without her! In a nutshell, Sarah took all the stress out of wedding planning which allowed my husband and I to fully enjoy the day and the months leading up to it. With every decision that had to be made, Sarah presented two or three options she thought we would like. As someone who gets easily overwhelmed this was incredibly helpful, especially because her understanding of what we wanted was always spot on. The vendors she recommended were all excellent and Sarah handled all communications with them, which again minimized our stress. She was very organized, communicated frequently, and very responsive to our requests. Sarah worked incredibly hard for us and we had a beautiful wedding all thanks to her. I highly recommend Sarah and the HUE team and would without a doubt hire her again.

Sent on 01/02/2017

Samantha · Married on 07/02/2016

Sarah was an extreme asset to our wedding day! I did not need to lift a finger all day, as Sarah went above and beyond to run errands for us and make sure that my bridesmaids and family members also didn't have to lift a finger and could enjoy every second. I didn't have to worry about anything getting done, as I trusted Sarah to get it all done efficiently and perfectly. She had great questions for me and made sure she understood everything perfectly before executing (perfectly)! I would highly recommend her services to any bride that doesn't want to stress out or worry about anything on their wedding weekend!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Molly · Married on 06/11/2016

It was very easy working with Sarah at Harmonious Union Events. She was very organized, helpful, and I didn't have to think or worry about anything on the day of, which is exactly what we wanted. The venue looked absolutely amazing--she did a fantastic job with the decorations, set up, and delivered everything to us the next day. We would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Sandy · Married on 09/25/2015

For the first several months of the planning process, I thought I was all set -- who needed a coordinator? But as the wedding got closer, it became clear that I had absolutely no idea how the day was going to flow. We had a very narrow setup window at our venue, and that window ended up being totally incompatible with our photographer and hair/makeup schedule. To make this all happen, I was going to need some help.

I reached out to a couple of wedding planners in town, but I was pretty late in the game, so the responses were tepid. Sarah, however, got back to me right away and was eager to get going. I opted for her day-of planning package (the emerald package), which included ceremony management, decoration set up and take down, and wrangling vendors on the big day.

I cannot speak highly enough of Sarah. Without her, there is no way the wedding would have gone as smoothly as it did. My husband and I ended up having a fabulous time, and we both know it's because there was someone very capable running things from behind the scenes. She's hyper-organized, communicative, and willing to do whatever extra tasks are necessary for the big day. She is one of the few vendors that actually makes your wedding EASIER instead of harder. Pick her!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Lisa · Married on 06/06/2015

Sarah was our day-of coordinator for our wedding and I can't imagine what our day would have been like without her! She was so great to work with throughout the entire process. She was very responsive to emails and flexible when it came to set up meeting times, which was really appreciated. She set up all the decorations, dealt with our vendors, and made the day so much more relaxing since we didn't have to worry about every single detail. I highly recommend her services!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Cathy · Married on 06/14/2014

Sarah did a great job helping to plan and coordinate our Big Day. She excelled at keeping planning fun and minimizing stress, from narrowing vendors (so many!) to general logistics (the boring stuff I’m not interested in). Sarah was on hand for the wedding ceremony and reception. She answered random questions and took care of details, allowing my husband and I to enjoy getting ready and spending time with family and friends. During the ceremony there was a microphone glitch. While everyone froze not knowing what to do, I didn’t stress at all because I could see Sarah spring into action and make the fix. I have to say, we have nothing but great memories of that day thanks to her!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Amy · Married on 12/09/2017

Sarah did a lovely job helping us with our wedding preparations/planning all the way through to the day-of support. Sarah was very patient and attentive to our specific wishes, which were unique! She was gracious when we decided (last minute) to add a photo-booth and helped us find one that met the specifications we requested. She and Loni were invaluable on our big day. Sarah ran errands for us and even drove to the bridal shop to pick up my veil that was forgotten at the bridal shop! Sarah and Loni were there for our every need, including making sure we felt like guests at our own wedding. I would definitely recommend HUE to any couple looking for assistance. If you're not sure about the "day-of" piece of the package, I would say it is a MUST!

Sent on 03/14/2018

Callie · Married on 08/06/2016

I met with Harmonious Union Events over coffee when I was trying to determine which wedding planner to go with - immediately following coffee I knew I wanted to work with Sarah. She was detail-oriented and organized, which was EXACTLY what I was needing for our multiple day 380+ guest wedding weekend. The best part? She really listened to what role I wanted her to play vs. what role I was confident in playing myself during the planning stages. She kept herself informed all along so that the weekend of, I could rely on her knowing everything that needed to happen and I didn't have a care in the world. This is someone you want to work with!!!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Cristi · Married on 08/12/2017

It was a pleasure working with Jessie and Sarah on day-of coordination for our wedding at Camp Wandawega. After a couple of calls to discuss our vision for the day, Jessie provided us with an outline for the schedule of events months in advance of our big day, and then a few weeks before the wedding she helped us think through and finalize all of the details and took over communication with the vendors. Everything ran pretty smoothly the day-of thanks to Jessie and her assistant. They took care of things that I wasn’t expecting (like returning rented chargers to the florist) and thought had been accomplished by magic. My only suggestion would be to add one more person to the crew at camp weddings as there we some small things that fell through the cracks. But I understand that the camp is a pretty difficult venue for coordinators and I think HUE did a great job, especially for their first time working there.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Harmonious Union Events's reply:

Thank you for your feedback! We have reached out to you directly to follow up, so we can learn and always be improving ourselves for future clients. It was a joy to work with you at Camp Wandawega and we look forward to returning again!

Tom · Married on 10/17/2015

We hired HUE for day of service, but also asked her to do a few extra side projects the week before the wedding too. She was very helpful and organized all of our vendors perfectly. The ceremony and reception went very smoothly.

Sent on 12/18/2015