Hairoics Salon & Spa Reviews

33 | Kill Devil Hills, NC

33 Reviews for Hairoics Salon & Spa

Loved my hair during my trial, and loved it even more the day of the wedding! I have long, straight, blonde hair and it is very difficult to hold a curl. I don't know what she did, but it the curls stayed all day and throughout the night (and through breakfast the next morning!) Each of my bridesmaids and my mom and mother in law were all so happy with their hair. @ of my maids were a little unhappy with their hair at first, but their stylists were so quick to jump in and fix it no questions asked. Only 2 issues (well one is really just a suggestions) 1) the prices are a tad high. I know as a bride that mine will be pricey, but $90 for a bridesmaid updo?! 2) is that they start to provide off site services. That is originally what I wanted, but couldn't find the right stylist. Luckily I was crunched on time just enough to take the plunge with Hairoics, and luckily it was worth the risk :) Thank you Hairoics for giving me happy hair and for being so upbeat and wonderful the entire day that we were in your salon that day.

Sent on 05/19/2015
  • User2732054 · 2+ years ago

3.5

I have heard horror stories about hair and makeup making brides late for weddings so I scheduled appointments at 11am for my 4pm wedding. We were done by noon! The staff was friendly and flexible and did a wonderful job with both hair and makeup. My MOH's hair ended up being very simple so I was a little put out about paying the $$ I did, but if there is one time I'm willing to pay a little more, this was it.

I planned my wedding from a distance. When I couldn't get anybody else to answer the phone or return my calls, the staff at Hairoics answered the phone and scheduled my trial and appointments all at once.

Sent on 10/23/2012
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 05/29/2012

3.0

The Bridal party hairstyles and makeup was very beautiful! The girls were very nice to all of us and very attentive. Scheduling was tricky due to the holiday weekend and we all travelled so far away. All in all very polite! Makeup was fantastic!

Sent on 06/03/2012

3.0

I had an appt. scheduled at Hairoics to get my nails done, as well as my flower girls nails done. The people were very nice and it is a beautiful atmosphere. The only problem I had was the limited service. Having a beach wedding, we didn't plan on wearing shoes, and we had rented a beach house for our entire families the week before. When I went in to get my nails done (Thursday), I asked if they would be able to schlack my nails instead of just a top coat. And they replied that they didn't do that. I also had a 7 year old little girl with me, and we talked about what we can do to make sure that the polish stayed until the wedding on Saturday. Essentially, they told me that we just needed to stay out of the pool and out of the water and apply top coats every night. They were very kind, I was just a little disapointed with it. They did offer to let me borrow the nail polish of the color they painted the flower girls nails. I was just going to purchase a bottle, but they didn't have it in stock either. They also weren't able to do any pretty decorations on my toes, like any flowers, or lines or stripes or anything. Not even polka dots. I was a little disappointed.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Delta · Married on 11/14/2009

4.2
      3.5

I was lucky that my sister purchased their Bridal package for me and the rest of the Bridesmaids. The manicures and pedicures the day before the wedding were a great way to bond and relax. All the people working here are professional and enthusiastic about their job. The atmosphere was comfortable and clean. The Wedding day was hectic til we all arrived at Hairoics and everything seemed to finally be in some kind of order. :) Because of their experience their timing of hair and make up was perfect. All of us brought in photos and everyone left with a smile on their face and the hairstyle they wanted.

Sent on 08/24/2011

Ann · Married on 07/16/2011

3.5

Ruth is awesome and I would recommend her for the brides hair.

A little pricey for my maid of honor's pony tail she ended up with. I was told one price at the salon and she was charged another.

The other 4 bridesmaids hair looked great.

Nice Salon. Friendly people.

Sent on 07/24/2011
  • Mrs. Crews

Amanda · Married on 06/02/2016

3.4
      2.0

I booked Hairoics Salon & Spa for a nail session before my wedding. Initially, I scheduled four appointments, however, we added throughout the week while we were visiting the Outer Banks, even up until the day of! Hairoics squeezed everyone in, and they even had a girl out! I had a pedicure and manicure done during my time there, and unfortunately, it wasn't good. The woman who did my nails never even used a base coat on my fingers or toes. Every other pedi/mani I've ever had ALWAYS used a base coat, so I was a little thrown off. Within a few hours of leaving, my french manicure (shellac) was scratching off. By the time of my wedding - a day and a half later - I had three nails chip, and my thumb nail was basically scratched off. Due to timing purposes, I didn't have time to visit the salon again to complain, so I stopped and purchased white and clear nail polish and had to have a bridesmaid touch up my nails about a half hour before my wedding. I wasn't even hard on my hands, as I was trying to be extra careful. For what I paid for the manicure/pedicure, I thought it should have lasted longer than a few hours.

Sent on 06/06/2016

kristen · Married on 06/10/2017

1.4
      1.0

I was not happy with the service of this hair salon. The lady who was doing my hair was not very professional and when I asked her to fix a few things she made it seem like it was a big deal. I would not recommend this place to anyone and will not be coming back. Felt rushed and I was a bother on my wedding day- not ideal or fun!

Sent on 10/01/2017