29 Reviews for Greenbrier Country Club

Dance Floor (1)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
27 Greenbrier Country Club Reviews

Elizabeth was extremely helpful and informative. The venue was beautiful. The food was amazing. We had dr.pepper marinated top sirloin and it was a huge hit along with the chicken. The venue was able to be setup the way I wanted. There were a few things that were a little bumpy at first, but we're fixed immediately. They are extremely accommodating.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/20/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Elizabeth was super easy to work with, patient, and professional. She took me through each "to do" step by step and understand my vision for everything. Loved working with you. The venue is beautiful and the colors/deco are neutral enough that it goes with whatever vision you may have. The food was superb. The best I tasted in the area for weddings. The overall staff and manager were very friendly to work with as well. Overall, couldn't have chosen a more perfect, intimate setting for my ceremony and reception. Thank you GCC!

Profile Picture Yvonne, 8/9/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at Greenbrier Country Club and was floored at how easy it was. Everything was beautiful and simple for me. We were able to come in for a tasting of the food choices for the reception and pleased with all the choices. The food was wonderful, rooms were beautiful and the staff was friendly and accommodating. When a liquor a guest wanted was not included in the bar package we'd chosen, it was provided at no additional charge.

Profile Picture Holly, 1/11/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

At first I was hesitant to hold my wedding at a country club. I thought there would be too much pomp and circumstance around it. However; Greenbrier Country Club exceeded my expectations in every way.

They offer an incredible value as a venue and went out of their way to provide services for us that it's venues would have charged an arm and a leg for. Their event coordinator was willing to spend as much or as little time as I needed with her prior to the event. Her expertise was extremely helpful and appreciated but she always listen to my opinions and vision to make the event turnout exactly as we had hoped.

The venue is classy but casual/comfortable enough so that it didn't feel like my guests couldn't let down their guard and have fun (but still provided for an atmosphere that is appropriate for a wedding.

I hear from someone new everyday how incredible the food was and how great the staff were, better than any other venue I have been to.

Absolutely no complaints at all, they made for a smooth and successful event at a great price.

Profile Picture Heather, 11/16/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Elizabeth and the staff at GCC are awesome! They made sure each aspect of our wedding reception was taken care of. From set up to clean up, we could not have asked for a smoother or more beautiful reception. Bride, groom, family and friends were able to kick back and have an amazing time knowing that we were in good hands.

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/21/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's wedding was April 20, 2013, at the Greenbrier Country Club. It was a wonderful evening, thanks in large part to the incredible staff at GCC. My daughter said it was the best night of her life! I can't praise the people at GCC enough for providing outstanding service and support - even in the face of miscalculations on OUR part that resulted in 8 people without a place to sit or a dinner ordered for them! Can you imagine my panic?!? However, in 5 minutes or less, extra tables were brought in, decorated, and these happy guests were seated and served the entrée of their choice - an amazing and wonderful effort from a calm and efficient staff and kitchen crew! The food was delicious, bar and food service was friendly and spot-on, and the entire staff sincerely worked hard to make our event as wonderful and special as we had hoped. Everyone at GCC was a joy to work with, and added to the overall happiness of the evening. I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to be SURE of a successful special event! Heartfelt thanks to everyone at the Greenbrier Country Club for making my daughter's wedding a wonderful night to remember!

Profile Picture Paula, 4/20/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband & I liked the venue from the moment we walked in. It's very large and has a comfortable 'feel' to it. After meeting with Elizabeth, we knew without a doubt, that this was definitely where we wanted to have our ceremony and reception. We had visited numerous venues, some just as beautiful & spacious but none that matched the quality or value that Greenbrier offered. Our guests are still talking about the wonderful service, attentiveness and great personalities they received from the entire staff. It was also an ideal location. I am originally from New Orleans and had several out of town guests that were offered beautiful, new hotel accommodations, as well as transportation to & from the wedding due to the short distance between them. We absolutely made the best choice for our amazing day & would encourage any couple to consider Greenbrier for theirs!

Profile Picture karen, 3/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot say enough about our wonderful experience. Please use me as a reference any time.

Profile Picture Marcia, 8/18/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very helpful in making my visons come true!

Profile Picture User2854532, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Our ceremony and reception were held at the Greenbrier Country Club. The main reasons I chose this venue was for the price, location, I wanted to have the ceremony and reception at the same location, and I wanted good scenery for outside photos. The ceremony was held in the lower level of the ballroom and then flipped for the reception. I was very pleased with their flexibility. Originally I was a little nervous because I was told that normally their ceremonies are only held in the upper level of the ballroom but they were able to accomodate my wishes. Also, compared to hotels in the area, the food and beverage pricing was much less. Also, if someone is able to sponser you then you will receive a discount. We had about 150-160 guests and it was very comfortable. I believe that a guest count over 175 will definately be kind of tight. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience.

Profile Picture SaFonya, 6/1/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful setup, willing to work with my time and budget. Very professional service. Exceeded my expectations.

Profile Picture kimberlie, 7/15/10, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine

Elizabeth and her staff were wonderful to work with.

Profile Picture Sandra, 4/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

She staff at greenbrier was amazing! They provided so much assistance in making sure everything was perfect for our reception! All of food and sangria was delicious!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/19/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Amazing staff and team that makes your wedding day perfect. I didn't have to stress of anything! I brought all my centerpieces and decorations to the club the Thursday before my event, a few staff members and myself went through it and I told them some ideas I had for setting up and that was it....they took care of everything! After my ceremony (which was at a different location, a church) the wedding party pulled up in a limo and the event planners at the country club greeted us got us some appetizers and a cocktail while we waited downstairs for all the guests upstairs to be seated. It was wonderful. I've been to tons of weddings and have seen the bride and her bridesmaids running around trying to stay hidden and it looks silly. At the country club they know what they are doing and are VERY GOOD at it. Everyone commented on how beautiful the venue was and not to mention how delicious the food was!! they even made me and my groom a huge plate of food and made sure we sat and ate some of it! Wonderful and very friendly staff!

Profile Picture Logan, 8/11/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I highly recommend this venue. The wedding was October 21st and we had to change venues at the end of July increased restrictions on Norfolk Naval Base. Greenbrier Country Club had an opening that weekend and was very accommodating and the price was great. The facility and staff was friendly. The food at the tasting was great as the food at the reception was just as good. The rooms for the ceremony and reception was beautiful and set up perfectly. We had more than enough time to get all of the decorations out and the did a great job with the take down. It was definitely a stress free day for us. The golf course is stunning and we got excellent pictures. Sarah is great to work with!

Profile Picture Hiliary, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Great location, food, and staff! And the price is very reasonable!

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding reception at the Greenbrier Country Club was one of the best decisions we made during our planning process. They were very accomodating and flexible when it came to our needs. They are also a great value compared to other reception venues like hotels. The staff is very kind and responsive. We had a brunch wedding reception and the food was very good.
Everytime I dropped by there was always someone there to make sure my experience was the best. If you are looking for a very classy place to have a wedding reception, but are not trying to spend a ton of money this is your place.

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Greenbrier Country Club was an amazing venue for our wedding. We had an outdoor ceremony, with about 150 guests, on the grounds and a reception, upstairs, using all of their reception rooms.
The service that the staff provided was very personal. They also helped with planning and coordinating all of the vendor services.
The food was amazing. My guests are still talking about how wonderful dinner was. Elizabeth and the rest of the staff treated us like we were the most important people in the world.

Profile Picture User2735161, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

Elizabeth, the event coordinator, was hired after my fiance and I had signed the contract with the club. We were worried about her understanding our vision for our casual-elegant-beachy wedding. She completely got it! She checked in with my planning via e-mail frequently, and always offered extra assistance if I needed it.
Anthony, a service manager, was there during our set up time the night before the wedding. There had been an event that ran late before our time and he immediately stepped in with extra assistance and advice on how to help us get the room ready for the next morning!

My only complaint is that the day of the wedding, MaryLou? showed up. I have no idea who she was, or had never talked to her. She tried to change the order of my ceremony plans and even told my groom & the guys to walk in a different door than we had planned. She was outright annoying. Thank goodness she only was there for a short time (I really don't know what her purpose was!)

Overall... the people, atmosphere, and food were great!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/30/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Overall a very positive experience. Was disappointed in the fact that an hour before our time was up for our beer and wine package (4 hours paid for) the Charddonay ran out. No one on staff informed either my husband or myself of this shortage and the shortage was not replaced. Guests who wanted that type of wine were out of luck. My husband was informed of a shortage of the import beer, Blue Moon, but this shortage was taken care of with the purchase of more beer.
Prior to the start of our event, everything that I had asked had been taken care of (things that I asked removed or moved) which I appreciated.

Profile Picture Camie, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

The Greenbrier Club was absolutely beautiful. The staff is kind and willing to help you with ever you might need. The night of my wedding, I remember a certain woman helping with everything. She really impressed me on the way she would jump right in and take care of any requests. I wish I knew her name. Overall, I am extremely happy we chose this venue for our wedding.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/8/14, 3 Reviews
4.3

The Greenbrier was a great venue to work with, they worked with my budget any special needs we had and did it all with a great big smile! They were completely fantastic and made my wedding everything I could have ever asked for, it was so easy to work with them.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 12/30/11, 5 Reviews
4.2

Staff was very friendly and quick.

Profile Picture Chris, 8/2/15, 2 Reviews
3.9

The venue was beautiful and the food was great! Just make sure you meet with both the event planner and catering coordinator before the reception to make sure you get everything you want at the right price. They are also slow to respond to you.

Profile Picture Lori, 10/8/11, 6 Reviews