Green Mountain Inn Reviews

5 | Stowe, VT

5 Reviews for Green Mountain Inn

Meg · Married on 10/10/2015

We had a 70 person wedding reception in the Main Street Dining Room. The venue is the picture of classic elegance. The gorgeous wrap around windows, beautiful wood floors and overall loveliness. The service was beyond our expectations and the food was delicious! I highly recommend this location if you are having a mid-size wedding in Stowe.

Sent on 11/14/2015

Rachel · Married on 08/09/2015

We had an intimate (45-person) wedding ceremony and reception with a mixed crowd. We liked what we saw online and booked without visiting the venue in person; there were onsite accommodations and amenities, an intimate event space that holds up to 90 (so we wouldn't get swallowed by the room and would receive personalized service), a beautiful outdoor ceremony space with a great indoor back-up option, positive food reviews, and within walking distance from the many shops in town so our guests could enjoy Stowe. When we finally visited the property in person, we were really pleased with our choice and the level of service we received throughout the planning process. Our experience got even better when as the wedding approached. The food was exceptional, our event coordinator Jessica was extremely accommodating and kind, the service was great, the pricing was very reasonable. Also, the accommodations were beautiful and very comfortable. We couldn't have made a better venue choice in Stowe, VT for our event!

Sent on 08/19/2015
  • User3919461 · 2+ years ago

We had a very large rehearsal dinner for 70 people here and the staff did an excellent job accommodating our group and ensuring that everyone had plenty of food and drinks throughout the evening. The planning process was a little difficult as they went through some restructuring in the middle of it by in the end, everything worked out. The main dining room is lovely, warm and inviting and the food was excellent at a great price. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting a cozy environment that isn't too stuffy or overpriced for any event.

Sent on 10/24/2014

Kira · Married on 09/09/2006

The Green Mountain Inn was a wonderful place to get married! All the staff were exceedingly professional, the rooms were gorgeous and cozy (and very reasonably priced), and the food delicious. This was the first reception site we looked at, and I'm not sure why we even bothered looking elsewhere!

Sent on 03/28/2008

Michael · Married on 01/31/2015

3.6
      3.0
      3.5

We fell in love with the Green Mountain Inn as the venue for our winter wedding and at the end of the day, it was a positive experience by all. However, I must say that (as a professional meeting and event planner) I was not a huge fan of their level of service. A few things that stood out to me:

- We found the GMI rather tough to work with during the planning process. They do not do many things the way most professional meeting/event sites do (I had to battle with them to get a VERY STANDARD Force Majeure/"Act of God" Clause added to our contract) and are also relatively rigid in their way of thinking.
    - Meal pricing on most things seemed to be very arbitrary.
    - I was fairly surprised when we had to pay extra to rent some high and low cocktail tables (what venue does not just have a few of those on hand??).
    - We did not feel confident in the abilities of the on-site wedding coordinator (we had 3 different ones during the time we were planning our wedding) so we ended up hiring an additional on-site/day of coordinator - and very glad we did!
    - We had issues/concerns with the food from the time we did our site visit. We were very careful in choosing our entrees and ended up finding three we trusted them to make (after tasting). However, day of our wedding they had drastically changed the goat cheese ravioli recipe and it was disgusting. They (rightfully) refunded us for all of those entrees, however it does not change the fact that a good portion of our guests (and the two of US ) had a sub-par dinner.

But not to sound all negative, to list the pros:
    - Good price for rental
    - Cozy, warm atmosphere
    - Friendly front desk staff
    - Family and friends loved the venue

Below I'm clicking "No - I would not recommend this vendor to a friend", only because for a black and white answer, my answer would be No. However, if I could talk to a friend and warn of the issues (this post) then I would recommend but tell them to "proceed with caution".

Sent on 04/03/2015