Green Meadows Petting Farm Reviews

Green Meadows Petting Farm 7
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 08/24/2019

Best venue ever!

Working with Green Meadows for our wedding was beyond amazing. Ken and his staff at the farm are so great to work with, it’s truly like planning your wedding with family. The farm is BREATHTAKING, the petting zoo during cocktail hour was a huge hit, everything was better than we ever could have imagined. We received so many compliments on how it was one of the best weddings people had gone to and I know that most of that was all due to this amazing venue! The best part is, my husband and I can come back and visit the petting zoo in years to come and even bring our future babies to see where we got married :)

Sent on 08/31/2019
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 8
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 9
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 10
  • AlOn

E Wit · Married on 06/22/2019

Perfect venue--with option to stay on-site

I'm giving myself a high-five over picking this wedding venue--things could not have been better! Ken recently opened up an Airbnb ON-SITE, meaning that I was steps away from the ceremony site and reception site! This is even better than it sounds, because imagine waking up at 3 A.M, realizing that you actually should move your aunt's place card over to table 4 and simply being able to do it instead of adding it to your to-do list, which is already too long and confusing. In short it is a total lifesaver that becomes more and more beautiful the closer you are to event time (funny how so many details occur to you on the day of and day before the wedding) and don't have to drive to the venue each time you realize you need to add or change something.
    As the other reviews suggest, the farm itself is outstanding. You will not be able to find a place that takes better care of its animals (they are given so much space to roam and their pens are always spotless--a true feat in the petting farm industry). The farm has so much natural beauty that will charm the eyebrows off of your guests--we keep getting compliments on how beautiful everything was (little did the guests know, the Hay Mow and event barn are already beautifully decorated and need no additions, however, feel free to add whatever decor you please). It was a joy for kids and adults alike, who ever able to chat outside, pet the animals, and watch the fireflies light up. Leading up to the wedding, I never felt alone--Ken and Krissy were always so easy to reach (often, I could just walk outside and find Krissy if I had a question, and she would immediately help me). They made me feel so comfortable and taken care of! You'd be hard-pressed to find a better wedding venue: amazing support, flexibility, kindness, incredibly beautiful event spaces, and the ability to stay on-site--what more could you ask for? Your guests will thank you :)

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 11
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 12

Julie · Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely fantastic

We could not have asked for a better wedding venue. Ken and Gail, the owners, are wonderful people, as well as their staff who helped make our day special. They were responsive to my concerns and made me feel like it was okay to ask questions and come visit to help me visualize using the reception space. We got multiple compliments from our guests about the petting zoo cocktail hour, as well as the accessibility of the venue and the warmth of the reception space. I cannot recommend Green Meadows enough!

Sent on 05/28/2019
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 13

Mindy · Married on 07/07/2018

I loved having my wedding at Green Meadows Petting Farm! We had so much fun and all my guests loved walking around and looking at all the animals! Ken was so helpful and made all my dreams come true! I can’t wait to go back and visit all the animals!

Sent on 07/28/2018
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 19
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 20
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/19/2018

I just had my wedding at Green Meadows and it was SO great. Ken and Gail were super flexible, we were on a budget so they let us make payments, they helped us along the way booking cost effective vendors, and offered us their "decoration" closet (for cheaper than buying everything!) if we wanted to do our own centerpieces. Ken allowed me to bring my horse to the ceremony (which was super important) and even gave her a stall in the petting barn a few days before because my transporter was also a guest at the wedding. Everyone loved our venue, and loved that the kid guests had space to run around and burn off some energy. I would absolutely do it again, and may hopefully host other events at Green Meadows.

Sent on 05/26/2018
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 21
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 22
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 23

Jessica · Married on 05/05/2018

Gail and Ken were amazing to work with. Very laid back and made the process of planning a wedding very painless! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a reasonably priced, rustic venue!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Rachel · Married on 11/12/2017

This was our first venue and we were immediately sold ! The cute rustic barn for our ceremony and the heated reception hall were just what I wanted. Everything came pre decorated as well! Ken and Gail were just so easy to communicate with and super flexible as to request that I had. They were willing to accommodate me through the whole process, since my mind kept changing. They allow BYO and can recommend great catering and drinks. The entire wedding they had helpers walking around to make sure everything was running smoothly. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a flexible, BYO, rustic wedding. It was amazing !

Sent on 11/17/2017
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 28
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 29
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 30

Elizabeth · Married on 10/17/2017

We did not have any difficulties working with Ken and Gail. They were very responsive. They have good communications skills. Answered all of our many questions. Very accommodating to our needs. Beautiful place to make your own. One thing that they recommended was not to get a dance floor and I'm so glad that we listened. That way you had so much more room for everyone. You don't need one. We told a lot of girls ahead of time that they'd be dancing on a cement floor. It didn't stop anyone! :)

Sent on 11/20/2017
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 31
    Green Meadows Petting Farm 32

Derise · Married on 07/01/2017

Green Meadows (GMF) was actually our third venue that we had for our wedding due to permit issues at our first and a double booking at our second and honestly, it was by far everything we could have asked for. Ken and Gail and very flexible and willing to make your day unique and perfect! From the moment we met them I had a very good gut instinct about having our wedding there and knew that we could trust them. They have rules like most venues, but will work with you to make sure it is your perfect day. We were also able to go and visit the venue to plan out our details and flooring arrangement with Ken which alot of other places would not have put in that kind of time before the event. We paid extra to decorate the day before and it was money well spent but we decorated alot. The good thing about the stables is the ceiling and wood is all very pretty so you can decorate as little or as much as you want to and it will still be beautiful. We got married on July 1st which turned out to be a 90+ degree day with a very high humidity. The stables were hot, but Ken put fans up so there was a breeze going throughout it. People had such a good time that the heat didn't effect the day or the atmosphere. It was cooler than a traditionally tent that other venues had because of the concrete floor. We had cocktail hour in the lucky barn and paid for the farm visits which I would highly reccommend. People are still talking about how unique it was and we got plenty of pictures with the baby kangaroo, cows, rabbits, pigs, etc. During the cocktail hour all of the event staff went above and beyond including taking my handicap Nana around on the gator so she could see all the animals. Because the venue is so flexible in that we were able to pick all of our own vendors, I would HIGHLY reccommend Celebrations Catering with GMF. Overall GMF was a great decision if you want a unique wedding that can be personalized to fit you as a couple. We loved our wedding and everyone else did too

Sent on 08/07/2017

Megan · Married on 06/04/2017

Ken and Gail are so friendly and accommodating, and they were really helpful in the planning process. We did our ceremony in front of the house, the reception in the stables, and we had lawn games set up outside in the tent and on the lawn. Everything was gorgeous and flawless. I can't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else. Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/16/2017

I’ve performed weddings at this venue and everything ran very smoothly, I recommend using it in warmer weather, as when the wind is blowing, it’s pretty cold! One of my weddings was in mid December...Brrrrr...However, don’t let that put you off....Winter weddings are very romantic.
    Joyce from MDDC weddings

Sent on 02/05/2017

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband (fiance at the time) and I picked this venue immediately after our first visit, and we could not have been more pleased. The staff, service and attention to detail that the farm provided made planning our wedding fun and personal. Green Meadows Farm helped ensure sure that our wedding day was perfect. The most attractive part of this venue was the flexibility. They didn't tie us down with the way they "did things", instead they helped make the vision and dreams for our wedding come alive (accommodating some of our crazy requests). Our guests LOVED the farm animals! Ken, Gail and their staff were attentive, available, excited and extremely hard working. We loved using this venue for our big day and would highly recommend Green Meadows Farm.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Erin · Married on 09/10/2016

If you have found this page, you have found your venue! Ken, Gale and all their staff went above and beyond in helping to make our special day just that, special. It was hot out, they brought fans, we needed help on decisions, the staff jumped right in, we wanted to use an RV, they said sure! I can't say enough good things about them and the venue! It is beautiful, calming and beyond anything you can imagine! HIGHLY recommend!!!!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Karen · Married on 07/23/2016

We had a fantastic experience at Green Meadows Farm! We held the ceremony in the historic bank barn. From the minute we stepped into the barn for the first time, we knew that it was perfect. It has such a warm and cozy feeling. Ken and Gail worked with us to decorated the barn in way that many called "simple elegance".

We greatly appreciated the flexibility that the reception venue provided in terms of layout. With the help of Ken and Gail moving around tables we tried a couple of layouts until we found one that was just perfect. The venue has a great rustic feel with ceiling decorations already in place. It was perfect that the band played "Wagon Wheel" as we were dancing under the suspended wagon wheels.

Ken and Gail were so responsive to all of our requests for information as we planned the wedding. Both were available to us and quickly replied to all questions that came up during the final preparations. Both helped as we made final preparations. It was so reassuring to know that the were on top of so much of what was going on as things were coming together on the day of the wedding. We got married on the hottest day of the year and they went above and beyond to keep the venue as cool as possible. We felt like they both were fantastic hosts and worked so hard to help in many ways to make our wedding so memorable.

Many of the guests commented that the wedding venue was "perfect" for us, was extremely romantic and a beautiful place for a wedding. We can't wait to see the pictures taken around the property!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Michele · Married on 05/28/2016

I held an 80s party at Green Meadows this past weekend and had to share our wonderful experience. We've visited Green Meadows many times, to enjoy the animals, however this was the first time being there to enjoy The Stables for a party.

The planning process was easy; Gail & Ken Keys, the owners, were wonderful and so accommodating to work with. They provided ideas for the event; such as setting up a firepit, recommendations for food and alcohol, and ways the room could be set up.

The party was perfect and just as I had hoped and planned for. My husband and I had access to the room all day, which allowed us ample time to get in and set the room up as we wanted, before returning later for the party. Gail & Ken, as well as 2 other staffers, were there to help move tables and picnic tables, which happened to be brand new. They even allowed us to use a handmade pallet bar.

Guests had an amazing time, and said the venue was the perfect location. The day was hot, but by evening there was a wonderful breeze, which came in through the many large barn doors, keeping the packed dance floor comfortable.

The Stables looked wonderful with our 80s decorations, although the room alone is beautiful as-is; shiplap wood walls, beautiful wooden beams with lights and subtle lanterns, and polished concrete floors. This is then complimented by the stunning surrounding; acres of farm land and the Keys Farm house.

If you are looking for a unique, yet practical, venue, this is the place. It's easy to access, has ample parking, a truly stunning venue, and wonderful people to work with- you will adore working with Gail & Ken. I've received so many compliments since the event, most commenting on how beautiful and perfect the venue was.

I'm hoping to make the 80s party and annual traditional, and plan to always host it here. I was truly so pleased and know you will be too!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Karen · Married on 05/21/2016

The venue was the perfect spot for a wedding and reception. The barn was set up with bales of hay for the guest to sit on, during the ceremony. It was just beautiful. The "Stables" are decorated already with white lights. Its very spacious, and ready for you to add your personal touch for the reception. Gail and Ken are extremely nice and helpful. They treat you as family and are available on the day of your event to meet any need you may have. We were able to set up a day early and could return the morning after to clean up.....A plus after an evening wedding. The kids really liked the added feature of the petting zoo. It helped to pass the time while the bridal party were getting there pictures taken. I would highly recommend Green Meadows farm for any type of event. You can not beat the hospitality of Ken, Gail and there helpers. They are hands down AWESOME.

Sent on 05/29/2016

Cathy · Married on 05/21/2016

From the first phone call I knew we had picked the right venue. Ken and Gail Keyes became like family to us. They did everything to help make my daughters wedding Dreams come true. There were so many different options for the ceremony and reception. Their staff was there til the end to help in anyway. The venue is set on a beautiful farm. Everything was perfect for her day even in the rain. I would use Green Meadows Farm all over again. Thank you Keyes family for a once in a lifetime dream come true.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Stacey · Married on 12/06/2015

Wow! What a beautiful and spacious venue. It was just perfect for our holiday party! It was a wonderful time had by all thanks to staff at Green Meadows. I would highly recommend this venue for any party but especially a wedding.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Diane · Married on 11/14/2015

The stables at Green Meadows farm is an excellent venue for a wedding reception either formal or casual. Ken and Gail Keyes where professional courteous and helpful over and above what one would normally expect. We were given access to the room as much as me needed to get things set up. They have several props and accessories that they made available to us. They also had wonderful ideas that helped make our daughters day very special. There was plenty of parking and plenty of room for the 175 people that attended. I would highly recommend this venue and reiterate the professionalism and helpfulness of all the people at Green Meadows farm.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Ken is wonderful to work with! Very practical and creative! The venue is beautiful! Best day of my life!

Sent on 12/14/2015

We rented the Stables for our son's birthday party. What a great venue! The facility was so comfortable and spacious. The kids ran themselves right into the ground! We were in touch with Green Meadows several times as we came upon our date. They were very helpful making sure we had everything we needed. And on the day of our party, we had someone available to us for the entire event. They really let us design our own party and, most importantly, we never felt rushed. They had plenty of 'toys' and activities for the kids and were fine if we brought our own games as well. They were super helpful and accommodating to us. It was probably the most relaxing birthday party we've ever hosted! Everyone who came said it was fantastic and some even talked about having their kids' parties there as well.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Lucas · Married on 10/02/2015

Ok. So my wife and I must have looked at all of the wedding venues in Maryland, DC, and Virginia and I can't believe how lucky we were to find this place. Really. It was everything we could have asked for at a much better price. Ken is so easy going, responsive, open-minded, accommodating, he will work with you to make it how you want it. At one point my Dad looked over at me and said, "Hey you know he is going above and beyond right?" I knew it and was very thankful. We decided to have our ceremony in the Hay Barn (you have options). The guest seating was made of bails of hay, lights and flowers were set up all around, there is a cat that lives in the barn that was part of the ceremony!, a rooster was crowing in the background...it was awesome, a little different, and super romantic...my friends still talk about it...for the reception, a brief and very scenic walk down a gravel path (rolling hills, animals in the distance) into "The Stables. " A very modern, spacious, and upgraded event "Barn" (basically all the charm without the headache)...The lighting was romantic, picnic tables included, Wi-Fi for the DJ, big bathrooms, lots of space to dance and party the night away! There is also an option for a bon-fire and a hay ride (awesome)--Ken made the clean-up and payment process super easy and a breeze....honestly we never thought we could afford the wedding of our dreams and Ken and all the good people at Green Meadows farm made it possible, THANK YOU!!! RUN, DO NOT WALK TO THIS PLACE. You are sure to have a memorable experience that stays with you for a lifetime.

Sent on 01/11/2016

Cheney · Married on 08/08/2015

We are truly pleased with the service Green Meadows Farm provided for our wedding day. Leading up to the day of the wedding, Ken and Gail were extremely helpful and easy to work with. When I presented Ken with the vision I had for my wedding he did not hesitate to help it become a reality. On the day of the wedding I felt relaxed as the Green Meadows staff worked to set up and maintain the Stables. Our guests had a wonderful time and several expressed how pleased they were with the venue. My husband and I recommend this location to anyone looking to celebrate any type of event.

Sent on 12/18/2015

Robin · Married on 07/11/2015

The Green Meadows team was incredibly accommodating and open to all of our requests… including our desire to have a pig race – with the pigs named after our parents – as part of the reception. Ken went above and beyond to ensure a clean, fun venue for our special day. He really wanted to make sure our day felt special.

Green Meadows has a relatively new reception space (The Stables) that was roomy, rustic, and easily customized to meet our reception needs… and it was equipped with electricity and (even more important) new, clean bathrooms.

I also loved that they provided a number of venue options for us all in one location, including where to hold our reception (outside under tents or in the Stables) and our ceremony (Haw Mow, outside, etc.). And we were able to time the reception so that the animals were still out for the first hour, which made for a fun cocktail hour as guests roamed the grounds.

Green Meadows is kid friendly and relaxed while still feeling special. It’s a venue that’s all about what you do with it, a beautiful and picturesque blank canvas.

If you’re looking for a relaxed and charming atmosphere to have a fun wedding, Green Meadows is a great choice.

Sent on 02/20/2016