Green Apple Weddings & Events Reviews

63 | Newtown, CT

63 Reviews for Green Apple Weddings & Events

63 Green Apple Weddings & Events Reviews

We highly recommend Kate for her exceptional service. She is knowledgeable, responsible, flexible, and made herself available to all our needs throughout the entire planning process.

Ashley · Married on 09/15/2012

I can't recommend Kate from Green Apple any more highly! She was our day of coordinator but she was available to us many months before the wedding. She has a TV production background and it certainly shows- she has it all together, is proactive and leaves no stone unturned. She was also super calm and we always knew and trusted that she was on top of everything and understood our vision. She knows the Metropolitan Building in LIC like the back of her hand...there is no way we should have had the incredible wedding that we did without her. Hands down...best money we spent (She's like finding a pair of Jimmy Choos at Marshals for 20 bucks).

J.C. · Married on 09/15/2012

Kate took all of the stress out of planning our wedding. When the day actually came, I was so relaxed that I was nervous!

She ran the show like a total pro and would recommend her to anyone for any event.

Anne-Laure · Married on 08/18/2012

Of all my wedding vendors, Kate was just a no-brainer. At our initial meeting she came off as incredibly well organized, efficient, professional and dedicated to getting my vision executed. With a full time job with hours often stretching into the week end and the late nights and our families not around to help out, I knew I would need someone to help me. In the months leading up to the wedding, Kate reached out once in a while and suggested that we walk through the venue to help her execute on the day of the wedding.
    On the few days leading up the wedding, she was available, super responsive (within an hour or two of me emailing her) and just incredibly helpful. She coordinated all the vendors, getting them to arrive on time and basically making sure that everyone was at the right place at the right time. On the day of the wedding, Kate centralized all the vendors' questions and came up to me or my husband only when absolutely necessary making the logistics so easy on us. Kate not only dealt graciously with all the issues that came up (from getting the electricity back up in the guest house to getting our popsicles out while we were dancing to getting my favor table set up) but she executed my instructions to the T and made my vision come through.
    My family was raving about her, and my husband who can very critical at times told me that hiring Kate was the best decision we made in this process! I was just so glad to have her in my corner and I highly recommend working with Kate.

My husband and I were married at the Metropolitan Building in Long Island City. The venue is amazing and unique but they do not provide a day of wedding coordinator with the space. Kate's name kept coming up in other reviews so I called her to ask some general questions about working at the MB. She was so generous and helpful with her time I hired her on the spot. Even though we hired her to be our day-of coordinator, Kate was incredibly helpful throughout the entire planning process. In fact, many of the vendors that we hired came from her recommendations. Kate truly went above and beyond. She made everything completely stress free including the day itself. She understood the vision that my husband and I had for our wedding day and executed it impeccably. Wedding planning is stressful and Kate's assistance along the way was invaluable. I can't recommend Kate highly enough!

Simone · Married on 06/02/2012

We hired Kate as our day-of coordinator for our wedding at the Metropolitan Building on June 2nd, and couldn't have been happier with her services. We had tons of questions throughout the planning process, and Kate went above and beyond to answer them all in a thoughtful and thorough manner, and always responded to our emails right away. She was an invaluable resource for us prior to the big day since our venue was somewhat unconventional and Kate had done so many weddings there. We had several in-person meetings and lengthy phone calls prior to our wedding, and she made sure we were 100% comfortable with the run of show, and reassured us when when we raised concerns. On the day of, Kate was on hand from the very beginning to the very end, and ensured that we could enjoy our wedding without worrying about vendors, timing, setup etc. The whole event ran like clockwork, and Kate's calm demeanor and impeccable organization were a great comfort to us throughout the entire planning process and on our wedding day. Kate was by far one of the best (and most reasonably priced) investments we made for our wedding, and we would highly recommend her services to any couple looking for great advice, peace of mind, and a perfectly coordinated wedding day. -Simone and Colin

MariA · Married on 03/18/2012

Kate helped us plan a Mexican-Irish wedding in NY while we were living in Wisconsin. Even though we we never met her personally until the week of the wedding she was always available on the phone and responded to any issues we had almost immediately. She helped us with ideas when we were not even sure ourselves what exactly we wanted.

The day itself ran flawlessly and Kate was on top of everything. She had worked the venue, the Metropolitan Building in Long Island City, many times before and worked seemlessly with the staff on site.

We can't say enough good things about Kate and her company. She was warm, helpful, resourceful and most important for a wedding, efficient.

Maria & Padraig

Margaret · Married on 10/15/2011

Kate was wonderful! We hired her for her "day of" services, but she did so much more, meeting with us several times before the event, responding to numerous emails, suggesting vendors, and helping us come up with a schedule for the day itself. She ensured that everything ran smoothly so we could just enjoy ourselves. To this day, I still don't know if anything went awry that day. If you plan to get married at the Metropolitan Building in Long Island City, Green Apple Weddings & Events is a MUST.

Nora · Married on 10/09/2011

Kate and her assistant, Holly are fantastic. I cannot say enough good things about them. For a year, Kate was in touch with me in person and via email--able to answer any and all questions about my wedding...from who to order ice from to when I should play a slideshow. She is top notch and is a MUST for anyone wishing to throw a full blown affair. Our wedding was 110 people and was not traditional in any way. Kate was open to our visions and supported our aesthetic. She was communicative with us about every detail. She even organized everything at the end of the night into a little bag that we could take home. Thank you, Green Apple!

Kathleen · Married on 09/17/2011

Kate O'Donnell Diaz of Green Apple Weddings & Events was the day-of coordinator for my September 17, 2011 wedding in NYC. Kate was simply excellent throughout the process - she is so organized, knowledgable, thorough and available, not to mention so nice - everything you could ask for in an event coordinator.

Although we hired Kate for day of wedding services she was happy to provide advice throughout our planning process. A month before the wedding, Kate met with us at the venue and walked through our vision for the entire day. Based on that meeting, Kate developed a detailed schedule for our wedding day and contacted each vendor to ensure that everyone was on the same page. On the day of the wedding, Kate arrived with the first vendor and stayed until everything had been packed up at the end of the night. We never had to worry about anything except enjoying ourselves since Kate orchestrated the entire day for us.

Kate was wonderful in delivering our very special day - all with a big smile!

Lany · Married on 08/06/2011

My Husband and I cannot say enough amazing things about Green Apple Weddings -- Kate is absolutely spectacular, and I can't imagine how our wedding would have gone without her!! I'm sure it would have gone, but WOW!

Kate is really friendly, and she was great at reading us, and understanding what we were looking for. She kept us on track with our "theme" throughout the planning process -- always making sure we made decisions that fit well with us, and keeping us on track when we started to stray in to randomness that wouldn't work well for us.

She helped save us a lot of $ through vendors and through knowing great alternatives to "the usual", and she helped us to put together an amazing wedding.

Anytime we had stress, she was easy to get ahold of (even while planning her own wedding, and moving across country), and was great at easing our fears, and dealing with vendors who weren't doing things right or keeping their word.

I cannot say enough good things about Kate and Green Apple Weddings and Events -- the first thing that I recommend to anyone now is to consider hiring an event coordinator.

maritza · Married on 05/21/2011

I found Kate through a wedding blog that was discussing the venue that we were interested in- The Metropolitan Building-. She was super helpful to all the brides queries. I decided to contact her..from the moment we met her and spoke w/her she was amazing..She was our day of coordinator but I felt that she did the whole thing! She reassured any doubts we had and gave us info on soo many other vendors that we needed and did not know were to get them.
    If you are going to get married, get KATE!! She is the best of the best and u will be super happy u hired her!! She recommended us Baked who we loved for our dessert table and she knew how to handle guests from different cultural backgrounds..she is fun to work with and helped calm down some of our wedding nerves..
    Her company is professional and attentive and the best in NYC!!!

Lisa · Married on 05/15/2011

I love Kate I love Kate I love Kate I love Kate I love Kate...
    should I keep going? b/c I can.
    Kate provided "day of coordination" for my wedding at the Metropolitan Building on May 15, 2011. She made it possible for me to sit back and enjoy my day completely. I literally did not worry about a single thing.
    She was also there for every random email I sent when a quesiton popped into my head, or for every minor freak out moment I had, leading up to the wedding.
    Not only was getting a coordinator the best decision I could have made, but finding Kate was heaven sent.

Becky · Married on 05/15/2011

Kate was a pleasure to work with. She really strives to bring your specific vision to life. She is down to earth, well organized, and easy to work with. Kate has a unique vendor list and will find the perfect fit to make your wedding happen exactly as you see it. We would recommend her for any wedding you wanted to have.

Alejandra · Married on 01/08/2011

Kate is fantastic! From the first day we met, I knew that she completely understood my style and the parts of the planning process that I needed help with. She was always reliable and punctual, and returned all of my emails quickly. She found us an incredible officiant, and made the process of planning a wedding at our slightly quirky venue (The Metropolitan Building) a breeze. Anytime I had a question, she always knew the answer, and she helped me make decisions without imposing her own opinions. The week before and day of the wedding went off without a hitch, and if there were any problems I never heard about them. All my other vendors commented on how great she was to work with. We really appreciate everything she did to help us make our day a perfect one. Highly, HIGHLY recommended.

• F

felicia · Married on 10/17/2010

Kate wowed us from the start! She definitely knows how to run a smooth event while allowing us to enjoy our day. She gave valuable insight and recommendations throughout the entire process. She was the first to arrive at the venue and the last person to leave, making sure that everything was completely taken care of. She did everything from calm my now-husband down when I was an hour late with hair and makeup, to confirming with vendors, to pinning on boutonnieres, to remembering to give us lessons on how to walk the aisle while holding parents and flowers, to paying all vendors, to setting up the venue to look exactly like we envisioned. She definitely knows her stuff. She is supportive, professional, talented, enthusiastic, and has a great sense of humor. She truly listened to us and gave as much or as little guidance as was needed. Green Apple Weddings allowed us to be truly present to enjoy our wedding and they far surpassed my expectations. We highly recommend Kate and Green Apple Weddings and Events.

Alicia · Married on 08/28/2010

Green Apple Weddings & Events were a dream to work with! Kate is incredibly flexible and professional - and talked me back from the edge more times than I like to remember. She was a force that I'm glad was in our corner through everything from dealing with sometimes prickly or even blase vendors to overbearing parents. I could not recommend them enough!

Nicole · Married on 07/03/2010

Kate at Green Apple Weddings & Events was absolutely wonderful to work with - from the very first phone call through the day of the wedding. A thorough professional with a keen eye for detail, Kate was always on top of the minutiae and full of suggestions. She also knew when we needed an ear to listen, a shoulder to lean on, or a friendly, but firm reminder to get us going on the wedding decisions! Kate's ability to capture the "essence" of how we wanted our wedding to be was uncanny, especially since we planned everything long-distance and didn't meet face-to-face until a month before the wedding.

We ended up with a wedding that personified our style without us having to worry about anything the day of....truly all we could ask for. We highly recommend Kate to everyone!

• U

Ashling · Married on 06/12/2010

We hired Kate from Green Apple Weddings to serve as our Day-Of Coordinator, and it may have been the best vendor decision we made. Kate is incredibly organized and knowledgable and motivated, I don't know what I would have done without her there! While she was on site for nearly 18 hours the day of the wedding, she put in so much more time and effort leading up to the big day that I can't even refer to her as a "Day-Of Coordinator", because she was so much more. I cannot recommend Kate enough!

Ashling · Married on 06/12/2010

Kate was my peace of mind throughout the entire wedding planning process. My husband and I hired her for DOC, which included meetings before the wedding, event space walk-through, coordination with all of our other vendors and set-up / break-down of the entire venue in addition to all of the details that make a DOC great. Since getting married, my MIL has complimented me multiple times on what an amazing job I did planning the big day and how impressed she was that nothing was amiss... needless to say, I have Kate to thank for all of these compliments! She helped make the entire day/night come together seamlessly. I don\'t know what I would have done without Kate @ Green Apple Weddings!

Thanh · Married on 05/15/2010

The Green Apple team helped us throw the wedding we didn't even know we wanted... I can't thin of the last time I've enjoyed a weekend more. The wedding was beautiful, meaningful, and most importantly, "us." In addition to quickly getting a feel for the kind of event that was right for us, they were unflappably patient, amazing problem solvers, and dealt with all the inevitable wedding freakouts with aplomb. Definitely recommended for the low-drama bride!

Kyong · Married on 02/27/2010

Kate provided a very much needed service with a wonderful and helpful attitude that put all my worries and stress at ease. I don't think would've been able to pull it off without her help. She worried about things more than I did, wanting to insure that I got everything I wanted. My husband and I found her to be a great calming and reassuring presence that helped us to enjoy the evening.

Jamie · Married on 01/16/2010

Kate was amazing. She went above and beyond our expectations. Prior to the wedding she was easy to contact and always had time for us. The day of the wedding she made sure that everything was on time and well taken care of. She continually checked in with us to make sure that we were happy and that everything was going as planned.

• I

Sharon · Married on 11/14/2009

Kate was easily the best choice we made when planning our wedding. She was invariably helpful, informative, and responsive to any and all questions and concerns (and, as the wedding approached, my concerns became increasingly oddball and anxious--all of which she handled with tact and grace). She worked tirelessly the day of the wedding (and before that, too) to make sure everything went off without a hitch. She is also just a really great person to be around, which was important to us as we decided what vendors we wanted to be surrounded by the day of the wedding. I'd recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Allison · Married on 10/17/2009

Kate O'Donnell of Green Apple Weddings was amazing to work with. She was exactly what we needed to make our day go smoothly and it certainly wouldn't have been the same without her. She was extremely organized and helpful during the months leading up to the wedding, and then with us all day on the day of. She was a calming prescence during the planning, while reminding us of all the important little details that we needed to remember. She was always extremely prompt in her correspondance, and helpful in giving advice. She was open to new ideas and suggestions and excited to execute them.

We got to know Kate really well during the planning and by our wedding day she felt like a close friend. It was great to have her at the rehearsal dinner so we could introduce her to our family and bridal party - everyone felt comfortable with her in charge. Kate was particularly helpful because of her knowledge of the Metropolitan Building - she has worked there many times and knows exactly how to put everything together there. Kate would be a wonderful addition to any wedding's vendor team. She certainly comes highly recommended!