Green Apple Weddings & Events Reviews

63 | New York, NY

63 Reviews for Green Apple Weddings & Events

63 Green Apple Weddings & Events Reviews

Dorothy · Married on 09/15/2018

Kate was responsive, organized, and instrumental in our wedding day proceeding without a hitch. Kate coordinated with our many vendors and no planning detail slipped through the cracks ahead of the event. On the day of our wedding, Kate ensured our plan was well executed and addressed guest questions and other minor issues that inevitably arose, allowing us to relax and be absorbed in the moment. She is also a joy to work with - friendly, energetic and reassuring. We strongly recommend her for an event of any size.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Green Apple Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you, Dorothy! Working with you and Michael was an absolute pleasure. The intimate group of your nearest and dearest in a spectacular location on a picture perfect day was thoroughly enjoyable for me to be a part of. Wishing you all the best on the next part of your adventure together!

Kate · Married on 11/04/2017

I absolutely adore Kate! We brought Kate on to help us as our "day of coordinator" and to oversee the design / decor for our ceremony & reception. Not only did she help my husband and I create the most magical wedding day, but she went above and beyond every single step of the way from the moment we first connected. My husband and I currently live in Los Angeles, but we both grew up on the east coast and had our hearts set on a wedding venue we found in Milton, NY (the Buttermilk Falls Inn - which is AMAZING for those of you looking for venues in New York!). We wanted to keep the wedding on the smaller side (ended up being at 75 guests) and our budget was limited, but I knew I would need a partner-in-crime planning, maintaining sanity and organizing so many moving pieces from the other side of the country - and most importantly, that it would allow me to really take every little moment in and be truly present on our wedding day. That feeling was priceless and I can say wholeheartedly that Kate made it worth every single penny. It was the best gift I could have given myself. She was a wedding guardian angel from day one - helping us navigate all the ins and outs of vendors, decor decisions, family and all the things in between - and, as I've told her many times already, just because the wedding is over doesn't mean she's rid of me!! I'm so grateful that our world's collided and feel lucky to have had the chance to work with someone as kind, thoughtful and talented as Kate on such an important moment in my life.

Green Apple Weddings & Events 1
    Green Apple Weddings & Events 2
    Green Apple Weddings & Events 3
    Green Apple Weddings & Events 4
    Green Apple Weddings & Events 5
    Green Apple Weddings & Events 6

Jody · Married on 10/07/2017

I don’t think we can say enough good things about our experience with Kate and Jennifer from Green Apple Weddings, or recommend them highly enough! My husband and I got engaged while we were both in grad school. We knew we would both be in school until after the wedding itself, and were pretty anxious about orchestrating a wedding -- quite the feat at the best of times! -- with our student schedules and workloads. We heard of Green Apple Weddings through a family friend and decided to meet with Kate, and from the beginning it felt like the universe had dropped a gift right into our laps. Initially we weren’t sure what level of planning assistance we wanted, but after talking with her we decided on the full service option, and we are both *so* grateful that we did! Kate was such a calm, kind, steady, practical, and caring presence right from Day 1. At that first meeting we really only had a broad strokes vision of what we wanted -- a celebration focused on fellowship, good food, and dancing, with a priority on the comfort and enjoyment of friends and family -- but Kate instantly *got* the feeling we wanted to create, and was excited to help us make that a reality: something to celebrate not only our relationship, but our whole community of loved ones. We knew we wanted to host several meals open to all guests, as well as the ceremony and reception, outdoors on a family farm in rural Connecticut in October (not the easiest place to get to). We knew that meant a TON of logistical planning, but I don’t think we truly appreciated how many moving pieces there would be to contend with. We’re so thankful they were there for us! We worked with Kate and Jennifer over the course of ~11 months, and through it all, they were amazing: they created a detailed timeline for the planning process, kept everything organized, calm, and moving along; they made themselves available to talk over video chat (we lived several states away), gave us really helpful feedback and real

Kelly · Married on 08/19/2017

Kate and her team were invaluable to us throughout the planning process and of course on the actual wedding day. As someone who plans events for a living, I wasn't sure I would need someone - but she came very highly recommended, especially for our venue (Metropolitan Building) and it was worth every penny!! There were so many little things I would never have even thought of without her, and she helped me to truly feel like a guest at our own wedding. So grateful!

Jacey · Married on 08/05/2017

I got married a little over a month ago at the Metropolitan Building in my neighborhood of Long Island City, Queens. I found Green Apple Weddings while looking on instagram at photos taken at the venue. I reached out to Kate and wound up booking Green Apple for day of coordination. I thought that a day of coordinator would mainly be responsible for speaking with vendors the actual day of my wedding, letting them know where to go, where things should be delivered, etc. I thought at most they would help assemble my table decorations. What Kate and Jennifer did went above and beyond what we thought a day of coordinator would do. They advised us throughout the entire process of planning our wedding. They were extremely responsive to all of our emails and questions, and helped us to make decisions and book the best vendors to fulfill our wedding vision! We were having a difficult time envisioning our wedding until we met with Kate at our venue and walked through the event. She helped us figure out exactly where everything would be and together we created a detailed timeline. I could go on and on about how helpful I found them, but the most important thing I can say is that our wedding was exactly how we wanted it, down to the very last detail! I must say also, that in addition to being super organized and professional, Kate and Jennifer are also very warm and fun! My husband and I both agree that they were crucial to the success of our wedding.

Maria · Married on 06/09/2017

My husband and I hired Green Apple Weddings & Events for partial planning services for our June 2017 wedding. Let's start here- there's absolutely no way we could have had such a perfect wedding day without Kate & Jennifer. They were available to answer our questions (as ridiculous as these questions may have been at times) from the moment we hired them to be a part of our day. Our wedding was held at the Metropolitan Building in Long Island City and while the staff there is wonderful, there isn't a day of coordinator to help with all the details leading up to the day. As funny as it sounds, the reason I decided I was hiring a wedding planner was because I had a moment about halfway through planning where I thought to myself "who's going to cue the music and make sure we all know when to walk down the aisle?"While my husband was initially skeptical and it wasn't a cost we had budgeted for, he agreed. Enter Kate. She knows the Metropolitan Building like the back of her hand (seriously. I think our wedding was like her 106th here). About 6 weeks before our wedding, we did a walk through with Kate to select items, go over floor plans and just talk about the experience we want our guests to have. We walked out that day and my husband exhaled and said "this is literally the best money we've ever spent. No way we could do this without her".

Kate & Jen did what we feel was so beyond partial planning. They contacted vendors, created floor plans and timelines for the day, helped us select antiques to be used to decorate the space, eased any nerves we had and yes, told us when it was time to walk down the aisle.

Wedding planning involves so many details. We are eternally grateful for Kate & Jen's help throughout our engagement and on our wedding day. My husband and I are both sad we don't get to talk to them anymore but hopefully our paths cross again soon!

Book Green Apple Weddings & Events. Make room in the budget. It will be the best money you've ever spent.

Deb · Married on 03/18/2017

We are not sure where to begin with our praise for Kate and the Green Apple Weddings team. Kate brainstormed all our crazy thoughts with us and from start to finish was incredibly generous with her time, recommendations, referrals and expertise. She was a sounding board for us and guided us off the edge on a few occasions. She has resources for every thing you could possible want and we mean ever thing!!! We can't even imagine what else she could have done for us! Her expertise in planning and managing a wedding was invaluable, her production skills came shining through. From the moment we arrived in the morning she was in control which allowed us to have fun all 12 hours of our wedding day. She has incredibly integrity, she is smart and funny woman and we loved working with her!

Theresa · Married on 10/08/2016

Kate provided Day-of Coordination services for my Hudson Valley wedding on 10/8/16. Hiring Kate to be my coordinator was the best decision I made in the planning process! For a day-of coordinator, she truly exceeded my expectations, as she was so involved and helpful from the very beginning. Throughout the entire planning process, Kate was always available via email or phone to answer my questions and provide support/advice. Kate met us at the venue for a planning meeting and walk-through prior to the wedding, which was so helpful. She really knew the venue and had great ideas for placement of decor. Prior to the wedding, she confirmed and finalized schedules for all of my vendors, which really took the stress and pressure off of me. She worked with our officiant to coordinate and run the ceremony rehearsal the day before the wedding, which helped everyone feel prepared and at ease. On the wedding day, me, my husband and our parents were able to truly relax and enjoy the day, since Kate was on top of everything. Kate's assistant was unfortunately ill on my wedding day, so her husband stepped in as an assistant to lend an extra hand. This really showed to me how devoted Kate is and how willing she is to go above and beyond! Kate ensured that everything went smoothly at the wedding. It felt like everything magically fell into place, but I know that it was Kate working her magic behind the scenes. I can't thank her enough for helping to make our wedding day so perfect!

• Diana Cruz

Diana · Married on 07/16/2016

Kate and her staff at Green Apple Weddings have been a dream to work with, I can't wait until my big day in the coming months. I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or important life event.

Pamela · Married on 10/17/2015

Kate is just the best. She was my "day of coordinator" for my wedding, but really she was so much more. We got married at the Metropolitan Building in LIC and she knows the place like the back of her hand. Any time I had the most random of question, she either had the answer or went out of her way to get it for me. She was also great at referring me to other amazing vendors who all did a fabulous job. Beyond being a wonderful resource for me leading up to the day, I am so glad she was there on the day of. Everything went off without a hitch (that I know of -- which is exactly how it should be!) and I have her to thank for that. On a day that can feel a bit wild and crazy, she is so calming to be around, which I am so grateful for. I highly recommend her!!

Meagan · Married on 05/30/2015

Kate from Green Apple Weddings was fantastic. I hired her for my rehearsal coordination & my wedding day coordination. However, she was available to me the entire year before over email, incredible responsive and detailed with her advice and vendor recommendations. I knew instantly that she understood my vision for the day. She had worked at my venue before, which made it even more fantastic, because she knew how to really turn it into a spectacular space.

When we did our walk-thru, I think I must have talked a mile a minute, and she amazingly took everything down, and remembered all the details we had discussed!

My wedding day was executed better than I could have ever imagined. After a year of detailed planning on my end, I trusted Kate completely to bring it all to life. The day of my wedding, I didn't have to lift a finger. Kate completely took over, and I was able to sit and enjoy my bridesmaids, hair and makeup, and every minute of the wedding itself. My guests are still raving about the day. I know that a huge part of it had to do with choosing Kate as my wedding day coordinator. I feel so grateful to have found her, she is also one of the nicest and most laid-back "planners" I have ever met!

Ashley · Married on 04/18/2015

Amazing company!
    Amanda is so professional and personal with all the details that go into planning a wedding.
    Our guests raved about all her decor , elegance and how amazing Amanda is. We would recommend Amanda to everyone. So much talent. Amanda did all our flowers and made our wedding so very specail.
    Definitely A++++

• User4882034 · 2+ years ago

Kate was a delight to deal with and made planning the wedding easy and fun, and the day of the wedding smooth and stress-free. She was immediately and fully responsive whenever we contacted her. We took her recommendations of vendors (band, photographer, linens) - and were so happy with all her suggestions. She 'got' who we were and what we wanted -- and we'd only like to do it all again the same way!

Dina · Married on 10/25/2014

I can not say enough good things about Kate and Leah. Although I only hired them for partial day-of coordination and to source, assembly and deliver my favors they were so responsive, helpful and treated me as though I were one of their biggest clients. I had the idea to provide apple cider and donuts as a favor for my fall wedding and they came up with a great plan. They sourced the products, packaged them beautifully and arranged the most adorable display, along with a bushel barrel of apples that my guest are all still raving about. My only regret is that I didn't go with the full day-of package they offered. Note to brides, you may not think you need a day-of coordinator, but do it. It will make your day so much less stressful.

Jessica · Married on 05/31/2014

Hiring Green Apple Weddings was the best choice I made in the entire scheme of planning. After hiring all my vendors, I realized, I needed someone to execute day of coordination. Green Apple was highly recommended to me by a very detail oriented colleague. After my first phone call with Kate, I knew I had to hire her. Kate and her team provided, clam, clarity, and detail. She asked questions of me I wouldn't have thought to address, she asked questions of my vendors I wouldn't have known to ask. She acted as anchor, and brought clarity to many a situation made difficult by too many cooks in the kitchen, she ran the show day of and took wonderful care of my husband and I. Kate is a strong and calming presence, who was always on call, and available to me, I truly cannot recommend Green Apple enough.

Jessica · Married on 05/31/2014

Hiring Kate and her team for our wedding coordination was the BEST decision we could have made! Our wedding was in New York City but we currently live in Texas, so the whole wedding was planned from a distance. I hired Kate a year before the wedding after reading many positive reviews, however we didn't meet until the week before the wedding. During the planning process Kate was quick to respond, detail-oriented, attentive and gave great advice on anything and everything I needed. Being out of state, I had to put a lot of blind faith into the planning and Kate truly exceeded my expectations. Many of my married friends said hiring a good day-of coordinator is the best money you could spend because it allows you and your spouse to relax and enjoy the day without any stress. I now understand the true value of that advice. I'm sure there were hiccups on our wedding day, but I have no idea what they were because Kate was so good at her job! She made our day so special and we can't recommend her enough!

Maria · Married on 05/17/2014

My husband and I are so grateful for everything Kate and her team did for us on our wedding night and through the last year. She went above and beyond and we are so grateful for her help, wisdom and guidance. From helping us with walk-throughs and logistics (what's the best way for tables to be oriented for 200+ people? should we do mom & son dance before or after speeches?) to answering random quirky questions to last-minute emergencies (finding not only a stable chair for my father who was just out of emergency surgery and unable to walk far, but making sure it was where it needed to be for the ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner), our wedding would not have been possible without Kate.

Sandy · Married on 05/09/2014

I decided very early on that I wanted to use a wedding coordinator on the day of my event. I did not want to be responsible for managing vendors, managing issues, or managing anything on my wedding day. And I didn't want to ask a friend or family member to have that responsibility either. Best decision I made in the whole process.

When I was interviewing coordinators, I immediately clicked with Kate at Green Apple Wedding and Events. Her pricing is reasonable, so it was an easy decision.

Kate offers a variety of services from full coordination, to venue selection, to month-of coordination, and day-of coordination. I hired her only for day-of coordination, but that included consultation and access to her vendor list. I relied on her heavily to provide me with names of recommended vendors. Since she was only our day-of coordinator, that meant that I contacted the vendors, negotiated contracts, etc. For me, that was simple project management, but having a list of pre-approved vendors saved me a ton of time on the research.

Kate was always responsive and helpful leading up to the event. Had I contracted her for more services, I'm sure she'd be even more responsive. She was instrumental in keeping things in line and on track on our wedding day. When one of our officiants was late, she kept calm and provided great insights on how to manage the glitch.

Kate was instrumental in making our wedding day the best day ever. Seriously. She provides a fabulous service, has a wonderful list of vendors, is easy to work with, and is genuinely nice. I'd hire her for any wedding or event I plan in the future.

Ethan · Married on 03/22/2014

Kate handled every detail of our wedding absolutely incredibly. She executed every single element flawlessly, and the event went off without a hitch (...except for the fact that my wife and I got hitched.... that was a terrible joke. I'm sorry, people). If you want to be assured that you're in excellent hands with absolutely nothing to worry about, Green Apple is the way to go. Absolutely PHENOMENAL!

Robin · Married on 03/22/2014

Kate was everything we had hoped for. I think of the 3 R's when I think of her:
    Reliable, Responsive, Really awesome. Not only did she attend to every detail (including removing stubborn stickers from the backs of table signs), but she also provided a fantastic list of other vendors. She was approachable, a pleasure to work with, and hard-working. I would recommend her to any and every one who is having an important affair.

Moira · Married on 11/16/2013

Kate was amazing!!! I hired her for day of coordination and added on the rehearsal. Even though she was my day of coordinator she was available to me throughout the planning process. She read over every contract I signed, and answered innumerable questions with super quick responses. She was super affordable and was easily the best money I spent! The day of the wedding she made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be, worked with all of my vendors, and even took my phone to ensure she handled anything that came up. At the reception she was a huge lifesaver when my bustle broke, and my dress ripped. Not only did she sew it up but she managed to create a new bustle with a binder clip! I cannot begin to describe how thankful I am that I had Kate.

Sarah · Married on 10/20/2013

Hiring Kate as a day-of coordinator was absolutely the best decision my family and I made in the planning of my wedding. I could not imagine the day happening without her! Kate is very generous with her time, and is always willing to answer ANY and ALL questions in an e-mail (believe me, we had quite a few!) The day of, she made sure everything stayed on schedule, was set up beautifully, and ran smoothly. My other vendors complimented how organized everything was! The piece of mind I had that day was priceless. I would recommend Kate a million times over.

I don't think my wedding would have been the overwhelming success it was without Kate. She was overly generous with her time and efforts both leading up to the date and during the event. She worked seamlessly with all vendors, and if there had been any issues/drama, she handled it professionally, behind the scenes, and without me ever knowing there might have been something wrong. More than being a competent professional thought--she is just REAL. She is the kind of person you are genuinely happy to be working with. I already recommended her to a friend, and will continue to recommend her to anyone who wants their wedding to be fantastic!