Gray & Associates Events Reviews

30 | Houston, TX

30 Reviews for Gray & Associates Events

Rachel Austin · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing experience!

Shaun and his team were fabulous from start to finish! We went with the full service package, rather than the day of package, and I’m so glad we did! Shaun is so much fun, and made the process as simple as possible for us!! So much attention to detail made our wedding and reception one for the books!!! Vendors, decor, timelines, favors, dress consultation 😂🤣.... all PERFECT. It was the best day of my life!

I highly recommend hiring them for your wedding or party planning needs! They are the bomb!!!

Sent on 08/25/2019

Kathy · Married on 05/12/2018

We hired Gray & Associates to be our day of coordinator and our only regret was that we didn’t hire him much sooner. Shaun Gray and his associate, Morgan, removed the stress from the rehearsal and wedding day and we were able to enjoy our daughter’s wedding without worrying about every little detail. Shaun took charge during the rehearsal. It was so productive and took about half the time of other rehearsals I’ve been to, so we were able to get done quickly and on to the rehearsal dinner to celebrate — and everyone knew where they were supposed to be and what they were to do at the actual wedding. Since our wedding wasn’t at a traditional wedding venue (it was in an airplane hangar), there were some challenges and non-traditional elements (like moving airplanes in and around the tables once they were set up, draping the ceiling of the hangar, building a “stage” and backdrop for the wedding, and the groom and groomsmen arriving by plane just outside of the hangar to “kick off” the wedding) that had to be incorporated. We also had a few curves balls thrown at us during set-up for the wedding, but Shaun handled everything beautifully and it all came together perfectly. Our daughter and son-in-law had their dream wedding and the evening couldn’t have gone better. Not only that, but they handled the after-the-wedding list of things to do and made sure that everything was returned to the appropriate vendors. Shaun was worth every penny we spent. We have another daughter who will be getting married soon and my husband and I agree that we will not do another wedding without Shaun.

Sent on 02/22/2017

ANNA · Married on 04/21/2017

Morgan was awesome! Very helpful and flexible. Great ideas to help with last minute changes!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Michael · Married on 10/08/2016

Shaun and his team were a dream to work with. They did everything and more that you could ask for in a planner. From finding the exact linens to match a beloved pattern and creating a color palette to match beautifully to setting us up with a caterer with some pretty amazing barbecue they made planning a wedding a breeze. We never felt any stress because they thought of everything and double and triple checked to make sure that our special day went off without a hitch. Shaun Gray is the wedding planner that all other planners should strive to be!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Daniel · Married on 10/08/2016

I wish I could give Gray & Associates Events more then 5 stars. They are at least a 10 star organization. If you're contemplating having a planner make sure you fit this service into your budget, it's worth every penny. I corresponded with Shaun more then my husband and he was always one step ahead of me before I even asked the questions. Whenever I gave Shaun a curve-ball like setting up a silent disco during the wedding he was able to find a vendor that was able to do it. It went off without a hitch and our guests loved the idea. He also has some great vendors that were a pleasure to deal with. Also, during the wedding there were a couple of hiccups like unexpected guests but Shaun and his team dealt with the issues and I didn't even find out about them until well after the wedding. Thank you again Shaun for all of your team's hard work!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Courtney · Married on 07/02/2016

We chose Gray & Associates after researching wedding planners in Houston. We were expecting 200+ guests and wanted to be sure that we made a chioce that represented our family well. As mother of the bride I am meticulously detailed oriented and want to ensure the expectations of my family and the grooms family were met. Shaun and Morgan delivered professionally. What's more important is that they were warm, sincere, listened, and were eager to execute our vision. Even though the wedding is over I will still keep in touch with them as they were so personable. If you are considering which wedding planner to use for your big day, Gray & Associates is definitely the best. Our daughter's day was "perfect" and I don't usually use that word.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/04/2016

Shaun was amazing and very personable. He made my fairy tale wedding a reality! Shaun made sure that we had the best of everything for our wedding. He has many connections to amazing vendors and has great ideas as well! My wedding went as smoothly as it possibly could , as well as the months up to it! This could not have happened if it weren't for Shaun! I will definitely recommend Gray & Associate Events to everyone I know looking for an event planner!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Renee · Married on 05/14/2016

My fiancee and I did not have a thing to worry about on our wedding day thanks to Shaun and his team. We were initially hesitant about allocating a part of our budget for a planner, but after a difficult search for a venue (before we hired Shaun), we realized we needed help. After Shaun got involved, everything was much easier. He has lots of quality and reasonably priced contacts in the industry which meant we didn't have to spend time reading endless reviews. Then, on the day of our wedding, we were able to enjoy spending time with our friends and family - Shaun's team made sure everything was well managed, organized, and progressed as planned. Not to mention, Shaun is a genuinely fun person to work with. I'd highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/28/2016

CHRISTINA · Married on 04/30/2016

Shaun and Morgan were absolutely wonderful! They did everything they possibly could make my fiance and I feel calm and relaxed on our wedding day. Shaun is so professional and knows exactly what he is doing. I felt like I was planning my wedding with my friends not strangers. Highly recommend them for any and all events!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Keya · Married on 04/24/2016

Shaun and Morgan were AMAZING! We hired him for day-of wedding coordination, but he went above and beyond by attending my menu tasting, DJ music selection meeting, and even our rehearsal the day before. He arrived to the venue hours before the ceremony to assure all the vendors showed up and everything got set up correctly. He checked in with me often, which was perfect because I like to know the general status of everything. He made sure we stayed on our timeline, and gave me heads up before we did each major item (cake cutting, toasts, father-daughter dance, etc). He even took up all of our wedding gifts up to our room for us! My husband told me that Morgan saved his disastrous bow-tie last minute before he walked down the aisle, she was so amazing! Towards the end of reception I was nearing my wits end, exhausted from the day and all of the emotions. He came up to me, saw the look on my face and immediately sensed that I was ready to end the event (maybe 15 minutes early). He quickly arranged to move the timeline up and got me and my new husband up to our room and out of my shoes!

Honestly, Shaun was worth 10x what we paid him. He paid attention to all the little things and even took care of an uncomfortable situation which my mother in law brought to his attention in the middle of the reception. He was respectful, hardworking, honest, and so very kind. I whole-heartedly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator - or even any other kind of event coordination. He truly takes care of you, and makes sure your event is superb!

Sent on 04/29/2016

Luis · Married on 03/05/2016

For any engaged couple that believes they can handle all aspects of their wedding themselves are crazy. Even though family members may have great ideas and creative touches that they can add to the wedding you need a professional. Shaun was well worth the extra money spent. He has years of experience handling weddings and knows all the potential scenarios that can happen (good and/or bad). In between our busy schedules we had very little time to plan for our wedding in our free time. However, working with Shaun and expressing our needs and wants, our desires turned into reality! Shaun reviewed all contracts and confirmed the details with the vendors ensuring that they would deliver as promised. He helped find potential locations for our rehearsal dinner and tied up loose ends. Believe me, as the wedding day approaches you start feeling more and more tense. For a reasonable fee, Shaun was worth every cent and made us feel relaxed. Definitely would recommend him to anyone who needs a wedding or event planner.

Sent on 04/01/2016

Leslie · Married on 02/27/2016

My daughter was married last weekend, and they did an awesome job. Everything was perfect and it was a wonderful evening. I highly recommend their services. The vendors they recommended were great, and we were able to really enjoy ourselves! Shaun Gray is awesome! They took care of the details, making sure all the vendors did what they were supposed to. Everything was beautiful and I just can't say enough!

Sent on 03/02/2016

Jessica · Married on 02/27/2016

Shaun and his team at Gray & Associates Events were imperative to our wedding planning process! Our wedding was perfect and a lot of that is because of how Shaun and team planned and executed tasks for the big day! Shaun was always available whenever we needed him and he and his team were very professional in all of our discussions and meetings. Our wedding went perfectly and I highly recommend this talented team for your special day.

We brought Shaun on board after about 2 weeks of being engaged. He assisted in every aspect of our wedding- from selecting a venue, to dress shopping, to food selection, to décor, etc. I had to do VERY little research on my own, which I appreciated. Shaun was very open and honest with me about vendors and overall vision. He did his best to make our wedding just what we wanted it to be! Shaun helped to make the wedding planning process as pain-free as possible!

Shaun is knowledgeable of vendors and their reputations, and anything else you need to make your wedding day perfect. Whenever we went on a vendor visit, the vendor contacts would say "Oh, you've made a GREAT choice choosing Shaun!" or "We love Shaun here!" and I/we even got some special discounts because Shaun is so well known in the industry! Just one more plus.

I received a personal recommendation from a friend to use Shaun, and my sister is having a similar experience as she is getting married in June of this year. We have all been very happy with the results!

Sent on 03/17/2016

Susan · Married on 01/09/2016

I don’t usually post reviews, but I must take the time to comment on the excellent job Gray and Associates Events did for our daughter’s wedding. Shaun Gray came highly recommended to us by our wedding venue. We took their advice and met with Shaun, and we could tell immediately that he was exactly what we were looking for to take the reins and help us into the final stretch. Shaun and his staff took all the stress away. He immediately started suggesting things my daughter and I had not even thought of. Shaun was very professional, understood our daughter’s vision for her wedding day, and was always quick to respond to every email, or text. The wedding was flawless, and the reception was relaxing and enjoyable for my husband and I. Frankly, we were having so much fun, we forgot about all of the important components of a reception until Shaun made them happen. We are forever grateful to Gray & Associates for going far beyond our expectation.

Sent on 01/13/2016

I was at my wits end and sure I could not have possibly afforded a planner. Shaun created a package just for us at an affordable price and went up and above what was in the contract. My favorite thing about Shaun is his enthusiasm for planning. As a bride planning a wedding you quickly find out that not everyone is as excited for your wedding as you are . It was SOOO refreshing to meet a wedding planner that had fresh ideas and was just as excited and enthusiastic as I was. The new hubby and I both agree that hiring Shaun was the best thing we did through the entire process! Several bridesmaids have already told me they want Shaun and no one else when their time comes and I will be recommending him to anyone that will listen!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/17/2015

Gray and Associates Events worked tirelessly to bring our dream wedding to life. Shaun Gray answers his emails faster than you can check them and he is always one step ahead. He truly listens to your values and creates a beautiful wedding around your vision. I can not recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Brynne · Married on 10/10/2015

Absolute perfection from start to finish! The best decision I made throughout the planning process was hiring Gray & Associates. From day one, Shaun was responsive, professional and excited about creating our dream wedding. Hayley, Courtney & Shaun made sure that everything and anything was taken care of the week/weekend of our wedding. Not only are they extremely professional & amazing at their job, they are also super fun to work with. I couldn't have chosen a better team to assist with the most special day of my life. I highly recommend Gray & Associates Events if you are looking to plan the perfect event and have fun while doing so!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Henisha · Married on 09/06/2015

Shaun was amazing. I hired Shaun as my day of coordinator and he went above and beyond. Once I hired him I was able to sit back and let him do what he does best. My vendors told me that he contacted them and they had already been instructed on the timeline. Shaun did not miss a beat. He was the best decision I made. My guests are still talking about my wedding and how well it was put together. I would definitely recommend him to other brides. Thank you Shaun!!!

Sent on 09/26/2015

Kimberly · Married on 07/25/2015

Shaun and his team were fantastic ! If I ever have another major event to coordinate I definitely want to work Gray and Associate Events. They are amazing!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Katie · Married on 04/25/2015

A very happy bride-to-be and bride!! I don’t even know where to start with Shaun and his wonderful team. Shaun is the type of person who should charge more for his services. Throughout the whole process, my fiancé and I would say to each other, Shaun is hands down the best money we spent. My fiancé and I are extremely busy people to begin with both professionally and personally. It would be understandable if planning a wedding would make one stressed. My family and friends were wondering if I was ever going to turn into Bridezilla at any point. I didn’t have to. Besides giving ourselves enough time and being realistic about costs, I had no reason to stress or freak out because I knew I had Shaun and his team. Even on the day, people were surprised at how calm we were. We said there is nothing for us to worry about. We have Gray & Associates!

Shaun always remains focused on your budget and the things that are really important to you. He puts you in touch with vendors that match your style and budget and holds your hand the entire way. He is there to answer your emails and calls and comfort you if you are having an “oh no!” moment. Most of all, he truly does care about the couple’s happiness with everything. We are so blessed that we found Shaun and would not have traded anything to have him by our side through this process. So many people have told us that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been too. That it was full of love and fun!! We could not have been happier and know 100% the wedding of our dreams was made possible because of Shaun and his team!

Sent on 05/08/2015

Gray & Associates Events's reply:

Katie,

Thank you so much for the kind words, I am so grateful to you and Mark for trusting the biggest day of your life to Gray & Associates Events. You were a fantastic couple to work with, and Hayley, Courtney, and myself worked tirelessly to ensure you and Mark could "Celebrate Well" on your wedding day!

You had one of the most fun wedding vision, we've worked with to date, and it was an honor to be able to bring that full circle for you!

Thanks again!

Celebrate Well,

Shaun Gray
    Gray & Associates Events, Owner

Allyson · Married on 11/01/2014

Gray and Associates were an integral part of our wedding! Their attention to detail, suggestions, down to the minute timelines and quick email/phone responses helped this bride stay calm and collected the entire engagement and day of the wedding. Shaun Gray and his team were professional, polite and positively perfect wedding planners!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Gray & Associates Events's reply:

Allyson & Jonathan,

Your wedding was so beautiful, and our team was so excited to be able to coordinate the details and the flow of the wedding so you both, together with your family and friends, could celebrate well!

Thank you for choosing Gray & Associates Events, and allowing us to coordinate your wedding!

Celebrate Well,

Shaun Gray
    Gray & Associates Events, Owner

Patricia · Married on 10/18/2014

Shaun Gray proved to be the best decision that I made with regards to this event. His knowledge was invaluable and his professionalism kept the event on track and glitch free. I think one of the best things I can say with regard to this event was that there was no "drama" and no "disappointment" and therefore it was all fun. Isn't that what a wedding is supposed to be, all FUN!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Abbie · Married on 08/03/2013

When we decided to get married in Houston we were completely lost since I was from 4 hours East of Houston and my now husband lived 4 hours south west of Houston! When we were put into contact with Shaun it was like a god send!!! He made everything seem like a breeze! If I wouldn't have had him there to do everything and guide us in the right direction on a lot my wedding would had never been as amazing as it was! It definitely exceeded my expectations! Being that we lived so far away it was also very helpful that he was so flexible and understanding with our schedules! I honestly don't know what kind of train wreck I would had encountered if he and his team had not been there every step of the way! And now that we live here in Houston it's nice knowing we have awesome friends that we made along the way!! I would definitely hire Shaun and his team if you are in the Houston area and needing a wedding planner!! It's a great plus that his vendors were pretty awesome also!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Nathan · Married on 08/03/2013

Being from a different state than my bride and living 8 hours away from each other meant family and friends lived 8 hours away from each other also. We decided to get married at the half way mark, Houston, only problem was not knowing a thing about anything having to do with a wedding, or planning one much less, in Houston. Hiring Shaun and his team was the best decision my wife & her family made, it definitely took a lot of stress off of her and made the wedding even more memorable knowing we could relax and party with our family and friends on such a big day in our lives. Everything was great and my wife was more than happy with how things turned out and everything looked absolutely amazing. Gray & associates definitely knows the right vendors, I would highly suggest hiring them for help even if you live in Houston.

Sent on 05/14/2015

Tate · Married on 08/03/2013

I didn't personally use Gray and associates but was the maid of honor in my sisters wedding & was so extremely pleased with the service that my family received I figured I should brag on them a little! Everything was absolutely stunning when we saw everything on the day of it was more than my sister or I could have ever imagined! It looked like something straight out of a movie! I didn't have as much stress as a bride does but being the maid of honor I still had certain duties and and responsibilities I had to uphold for my sister, being in nursing school full time and a college cheerleader made those duties a little more challenging and I wouldn't had been able to do it all with out Shaun!! Even though he was hired to help my sis he went above and beyond for everyone in my family!

If you want it to feel like your long lost bff who knows every perfect person around Houston to plan your fairy tale wedding and will go above and beyond what other wedding planners would for everyone and not just the soon to be Mr. & Mrs. I HIGHLY suggest going with Gray & Associates!

Very pleased!!!