Grandover Resort and Conference Center Reviews

32 | Greensboro, NC

32 Reviews for Grandover Resort and Conference Center

Mairin Gwyn · Married on 12/29/2018

Wedding Reception

I recently had my wedding reception at the Grandover Resort in the Griffin Room and it was an amazing night. Amber Mattison, the Wedding and Social Sales Manager at the Grandover, helped plan the reception and she executed it to perfection. Everything went smoothly and was stress free. I couldn’t be happier about how everything turned out!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Rosanne Marrara · Married on 12/21/2018

Christmas Wedding

The staff at Grandover went above and beyond for us and all of our guests at my daughter's wedding.
    Lyndsey Bryie was the wedding manager and she helped make this event perfect in every way, We met with her about 1 1/2 years ago. My daughter was engaged to a young man in the army. We kept in touch with Lindsey through the year. They ended up getting married in a small church ceremony and moving to Alaska in December of 2017. My daughter planned her "vow renewal" long distance with Lindsey's help and we had their vow renewal on their one year anniversary December 2018 three days before Christmas. To say this was a stressful time is an understatement but Lindsey made the whole process seem effortless. She handled every detail for us and made the entire experience very fun and enjoyable.
    The accommodations were wonderful and the front desk very helpful with checking in and shuttles to and from the airport. The lobby bar had great service as did the restaurant for breakfast. The reception was very elegant and so much fun. I am still getting compliments on the food. We could not have asked for a better experience.

I will definitely recommend Grandover to everyone!

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/08/2018

A million "kudos" to Lindsey Bryie (Grandover Resort and Conference Center Wedding and Social Sales Manager) and the entire Grandover Resort and Conference Center staff (including Banquet staff). The entire staff made our vow renewal ("wedding") ceremony, reception/cocktail hour and buffet dinner an extraordinary, unforgettable, fabulous, and astonishing event.

We started working with Lindsey Bryie approximately ten months prior to our ceremony date of September 8, 2018. When we had questions, Lindsey was always cordial, willing to personally meet us and speak with us by phone on countless occasions. She was always willing and ready to assist us. Lindsey is an amazing person to work with and she always displayed kindness and professionalism. Her un-paralleled expertise made our journey a pleasant, smooth and enjoyable "ride".

If you want to mesmerize your guest with beauty; immaculate décor/impressive grounds; delicious food; and, untouchable service, we highly recommend the Grandover Resort and Conference Center to host your fairy-tale wedding. You will experience service that is flawless. I guarantee your wedding will be the "talk of the town". Just like every one of our guests, your guest will thank you for the invitation to attend such a grand and luxurious event. They will appreciate the opportunity to feast on food that is scrumptious, world-class, and exquisite. The food was delectable! Thanks to Executive Banquet Chef Pat O'Dawe who prepared the delicious, mouthwatering dishes for our buffet dinner.
    Because of the great staff, the unblemished service; the beautiful grounds; and excellent food and décor; our wedding day will forever be a memorable and cherished event. Again, thank you Lindsey Bryie for your unparalleled service and the entire Grandover Resort and Conference Center staff for making it an "extremely amazing" day. The Grandover Resort and Conference Center was the perfect place for us!

S. & B. Ambrose

Sent on 09/24/2018

cynthia · Married on 08/11/2018

Amber what a huge help with the planning of my daughter’s wedding. She covered every detail including fresh cold water for our guest before the ceremony to providing meal vouchers for our vendors during there down time. The set up for the ceremony and the hospitality during the reception was outstanding. Grandover has a awesome group of people working for them. They made our day the best day ever.

Sent on 08/31/2018

Jacob · Married on 07/14/2018

I cannot begin to express how over-the-top Grandover was in accommodating our wedding. On our big day, there was constant communication to see if we needed anything, our wishes were granted in the blink of an eye and the staff were incredibly incredibly generous and kind. It is the absolute perfect place to get married, a beautiful ceremony site and fantastic catering service. We were all blown away at the professionalism behind the cooking, wait staff, and wedding planners. Best yet, this venue is very affordable. At first glance, we thought we could never get married at such a dream location, but this easily became true. Please consider Grandover as your wedding venue, it was the experience of a lifetime.

Sent on 09/09/2018

David · Married on 06/30/2018

Amber Mattison and the Grandover staff helped deliver the wedding of our dreams. Everything was perfectly laid out and handled exactly as we planned. The attention to detail was unmatched and we know that we could not have had the wedding ceremony and reception that we did anywhere else. The food was just as delicious on our wedding day as it was at the tasting. If you are looking for a great venue that will deliver on what they promise please call the Grandover and ask to work with Amber.

Sent on 07/13/2018

Cara · Married on 06/02/2018

Lindsey and her team at Grandover were amazing. They were attentive, flexible, and went above and beyond to making our entire WEEKEND perfect. I could not be happier with how it turned out.

Sent on 07/16/2018

Anne · Married on 05/05/2018

Grandover BLEW us away. We could not have asked for a more beautiful venue, a more accommodating event planning team or a harder working group of banquet staff. The food was PHENOMENAL, the layout was perfect and we cannot say enough great things about the experience, as a whole. The room renovations are gorgeous and the new spa is all top notch. Thank you, Grandover, for making our wedding WEEKEND the best of our lives.

Sent on 06/08/2018

Annie,

We are so pleased that you chose Grandover for your very special day! It was a beautiful day to witness all of the festivities. We surely enjoyed the planning process and watching all of the pieces come together for the whole celebration weekend. We hope that you and John enjoy the many wonderful years together to come! Please, keep in touch!

Best Wishes, Mariah

Bridgett · Married on 12/16/2017

The Grandover was a beautiful place to have a wedding! Everything was wonderful! Thank you Lindsey Bryie for making our Grandover wedding experience extra special!

Sent on 01/22/2018

Grandover Resort and Conference Center's reply:

Thank you for all of your kind words throughout the planning process Bridgett! You reminded me time and time again of why I love what I do!
    It was wonderful getting to know you and your family! I sincerely wish Roman and Lindsay a lifetime of happiness, laughter, and adventure!
  • Y

Y. · Married on 07/15/2017

Mariah (Catering & Sales Manager) was a joy to work with. Because of her, our special event was amazing. The set up was done according to my instructions. The staff was prompt with everything from table set up to setting up the food for the buffet line. The customer service from the hotel staff was phenomenal! I am so impressed with the level of professionalism that everyone offered our guests. Oh, and my room had a great view of the golf course!! What an enjoyable and amazing experience!!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Grandover Resort and Conference Center's reply:

It was a truly fabulous and beautiful wedding reception event! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the hotel amenities as well during your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us. Congratulations once again!
    Sincerely,

c · Married on 06/04/2017

Beautiful wedding day, Thanks

Sent on 07/01/2017

Grandover Resort and Conference Center's reply:

Thank you! We enjoyed working with you!

Virginia · Married on 06/03/2017

Grandover is a beautiful place for a wedding. The outside setting was absolutely beautiful on my daughter's wedding day. The inside was just as beautiful as expected. The service was great, the food was excellent and our guests were happy. I highly recommend the Grandover for any event.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Virginia,

Thank you for your review of our property. It was an absolute pleasure working with you all on your daughter's gorgeous wedding event! What a beautiful day it was to celebrate the special occasion. We hope to have you and your family back with Grandover again in the future. Congratulations to the happy couple!

Best Wishes,
  • MrsLaurenRenee

Lauren · Married on 04/09/2017

The Grandover Resort was actually the 3rd choice out of the three venues that my husband and I were considering up until the moment we drove up to the hotel. However, once we saw the beautiful grounds and walked into the lobby we knew that Grandover was the right place for us to get married. Grandover was extremely accommodating and professional throughout the year that we were working with them. We had two different catering managers during the year. The first was Rayna; she gave us our initial tour of the venue and was working with us up until the last month before our wedding. She was super nice and responsive to our phone calls and emails. The second catering manager we had was Mariah. And when we heard that Rayna was gone, we got a little nervous because we were down to the 11th hour but Mariah picked up the ball and got us through the last month so smoothly. It was almost like we had worked with her the entire time. She did a superb job. The catering was amazing! The staff is so sweet and super professional. The food is phenomenal. All of our guests were complimenting the food selection and the drinks. Our rehearsal dinner was in their Di Valletta restaurant and that was amazing too. The room that Mariah put us in was awesome and so beautiful that I didn't really want to leave. I honestly have ZERO COMPLAINTS about this venue. They treated us and our guests so well.

Sent on 04/18/2017

Lauren,

It was an absolute pleasure working with you on your special day! I really enjoyed picking up with the planning process and making your Grandover wedding day dreams come true! You were such a joy to work with. I wish you and Crandall the very best with wedded bliss for the years to come. Please feel free to stop by anytime to catch up, I'd love to keep in touch!

Best Wishes,

Tara · Married on 08/27/2016

My Wedding was held here, it was an awesome experience! Rayna the catering manager made everything so easy for me. All my family and friends had a wonderful time and said this was the best wedding they'd ever been to!!!! Thank You Grandover for making my day epic.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Tara!
    I am so happy you enjoyed everything and Grandover exceeded your expectations! You were an AWESOME bride to work with and it was absolutely my pleasure to help you plan your beautiful day! I am definitely going miss planning with you AND your laugh! :)

I wish you and Zannie all the best and remain the sweet couple you are!

Take Care!

Rayna S.

Jerambhai(Jerry) · Married on 05/01/2016

I will tell them this is best venue

Sent on 01/17/2017

Hi Mr. Patel!

Thank you so much for your review!
    It was a great experience and I thoroughly enjoyed working with you and your family planning your event! As always, Grandover is thrilled we met your expectations!

Take Care and make sure to tell Jay, Nishika and Mr. Arvind I said hello! :)

Rayna S.

Anand · Married on 12/21/2015

I selected Grandover Resort as the venue for my proposal to my now fiance. It was definitely one of the best decisions I made. The venue itself is gorgeous. However, the professionalism, courtesy, and attentiveness of the staff was what made it a truly unforgettable experience. I worked with Sarah Small, the Convention Service Manager, and she oversaw the entire proposal down to every little detail. As with any proposal, timing is critical and she managed everything perfectly to make my proposal better than I expected. The catering was fabulous as well. I would definitely recommend this location for anyone considering a wedding, proposal, engagement, or even a large party. Thank You, Sarah and team for your role in one of the most important days of my life.

Sent on 01/04/2016

absolutely loved working with Sydney and having my wedding at Grandover! so much was included that would have cost more anywhere else that i booked.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Cathy · Married on 07/11/2015

WOW!!! My son's wedding was held here this past weekend and I just cannot say enough about how remarkable this venue is. The staff (Danielle LeMaster, Catering Sales Manager and John, Banquet Manager) were so incredibly professional, organized and helpful, that we honestly did not have to worry about anything. As the owner of an event planning and design company, I am very particular about customer service and ease of use with the staff throughout the process. I can honestly say, they exceeded everyone's expectations.

On top of that, the food was incredible with large portions that left everyone satisfied and ready to dance the night away. Danielle and her staff went above and beyond to accommodate all of my wants and desires as a designer and make my son and his fiancee's design dreams come true. It was a magical night and that is thanks to an amazing venue, wonderful staff and lots of great vendors! Thanks Grandover Resort for making my son's wedding an event that will be talked about for years to come! You guys are amazing!!!!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Bill · Married on 07/11/2015

Great location for my son's wedding! Danielle took such great care of us and we had an amazing interaction with the staff. Highly recommend!

We celebrated again at Grandover with the family at Christmas by returning to the on Sunday, Dec 27th to enjoy the amazing Sunday Brunch!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Michelle · Married on 11/22/2014

The Grandover Resort and Conference Center over exceeded our expectations. Sydney in Sales and Catering is awesome to work with. Robert, one of the Bellman's is an absolute sweetheart. The entire staff at the Grandover were welcoming and very helpful in making our wedding day memorable and less hectic. Our guest were in awe the entire of the Grandover because they had never been there before. We felt like we had a royal wedding in a royal place.

Most people may think of the Grandover and think that it is expensive, but it is actually fairly reasonable compared to other boutique hotels in the Greensboro area. We got married in the Carlisle Room and had our reception in the Grandview Room. There are so many beautiful areas within the hotel and outside with the beautiful landscape to take pictures. The food that was served was delicious and served beautifully. The Grandover will also work with you if you have special request that are not actually on the menu.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2013

We were so happy we used the Grandover Resort for our ceremony, wedding reception, rehearsal dinner location, bridal tea location, and wedding guest accommodation's. Carole is the best catering manager a bride could ever dream of working with! She is so knowledgeable and helpful with everything! My sister was married at the Grandover in 2006 so when my husband and I got engaged we knew we wanted our wedding to be held at the Grandover as well. We got married on the lawn but we faced the garden instead of the golf course- best idea ever since the flowers were blooming in April! We used the Grandview Ballroom upstairs with the beautiful outside terrace. There was plenty of room for multiple food stations, an added dance floor, and our live band! We had about 140 guests and most of them said it was the nicest wedding venue they have ever seen. The food for our tea, rehearsal dinner, and wedding reception was incredible! Their bar choices are awesome and they even created a signature drink for our wedding! My husband and his friends were able to play golf at the Grandover on Friday and Saturday of our wedding weekend. The greens are beautiful and they really enjoyed it! We stayed in the Presidential Suite and it was AMAZING!!!! Two stories with two bedrooms and three full bathrooms. My entire bridal party was able to get ready there and it was so much fun! After our reception they had placed chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, and chocolates in our room! It was such a nice touch!
    The Grandover staff is amazing and I encourage all brides in North Carolina to consider the Grandover for their wedding and wedding events. My husband and I live in Charlotte where there are multiple locations we could have used but we will never forget how great the staff and Carole treated us at the Grandover! Thank you Grandover Resort for helping to make our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Kiara · Married on 06/10/2017

Working with Mariah and her staff at the Grandover was amazing. They did everything they could to make sure we were taken care of and things ran smoothly the day of our wedding. Did a great job with specific request, and adjusting things to meet our vision. Resort staff was welcoming and our guest had nothing but great things to say! Would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Dear Kiara,

It was an honor working with you on your very special day! I hope you and Chris are enjoying this new, exciting stage in life together. We hope to see you back at Grandover again for a future visit. I would love to see your smiling faces again!

Take Care,

Zahra · Married on 06/30/2018

Working with the Grandover was a pleasant experience, led by the sales manager Lindsey Bryie who went above and beyond her duties to make sure our wedding vision came to fruition. Lindsey was exceptional – she was extremely helpful, responsive, and humble. Working with her was a pleasure. Hosting a south Asian wedding brings with it many challenges, and the Grandover management team was very accommodating to my needs, some of which would probably be out of the comfort zone for most hotels. I am very grateful to the other staff as well, who provided excellent service, in all departments. From top to bottom, the Grandover Resort was an exceptional place for my wife and I to celebrate our wedding and we couldn’t be happier with our choice!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Andrea · Married on 09/04/2016

The Grandover was the perfect venue for our wedding.

Their grounds are simply beautiful and their ballrooms are elegant. We married on the lawn facing their golf course and then held the reception at the Grandview rooms overlooking the golf course.

Their food and service is outstanding, exactly like when we did our tasting.

They provided us with a place for our rehearsal, they had a plan B room for the ceremony in case of bad weather, they made several conference rooms available for us to store things, get ready, etc. They even let us borrow a golf cart to use to move around the golf course for our photos and video.

My husband hosted a golf tournament the day before the wedding for the men at the resort and I hosted a pool party the same day also at the resort, we both had good support from the staff.

There were a few staff turnovers during our 10 month planning period, we went through 2 different coordinators, luckily there was not much information or traction lost thanks to the Director of Catering & Convention Services, Erin kept things working seamlessly.

We loved working with them and appreciate that they went above and beyond to make our day extra special.

Andrea A.