Grandover Resort and Conference Center Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Ezan
    Ezan C. Married on 06/12/2022

Perfect Venue for our Dream Wedding

We had our wedding reception on June 12, 2022 at the Grandover, and we are so happy that we choose the Grandover over anywhere else. The Grandover is a beautiful resort, from the hotel, to the ballroom, to its lounges and the outdoor grounds. We were able to have our dream wedding at the Grandover. Our photography and videography team was also able to capture exceptionally beautiful moments, all thanks to the beauty that is innate to the Grandvoer itself. Although the Grandover is a beautiful venue, what truly makes it stand out is the people that work there. The Grandover has wonderful staff. Rebekah, the director of weddings was such a kind and helpful individual. From the very start she made us feel so welcome and offered to help wherever she could. We are so thankful to have had her alongside us as we planned our reception. Chef Alan was also amazing. I cannot express enough how grateful I am towards him. He went above and beyond by learning about our cultural preferences when it came to food. He learned about South Asian and Middle Eastern Cuisine, as well as our preferences when it came to halal food. When it came to actual day, the food was some of the best I had ever eaten, and its presentation was phenomenal. All of our guests were also in awe of how amazing the food was. Additionally, everyone, from the front desk, to the individual who helped bring our baggage to our room to the individuals who staffed our reception were kind, respectful, wand welcoming. The Grandover is truly a one of a kind place and my wife and I will always remember the amazing moments we had there.
  • Asif
    Asif W. Married on 05/28/2022

Excellent choice

The best in the Triad for any occasion specially for wedding. You can not find a better place to host a wedding. It has both excellent inside and beautifully crafted out side that will create memory of a life time. Wedding director Rebekah made it easy to work with. I can not be happier.
    I am glad that I chose Grandover.
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
    Sarah Married on 05/14/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

AMAZING wedding don’t miss out!!!

Okay don’t walk but RUN!!! This is the best kept secret in Greensboro! The staff.. the planners.. the whole crew went above and beyond! If you’re contemplating.. don’t.. just do it! The food.. venue.. whole weekend was so amazing!!!!
  • Amy
    Amy S. Married on 04/23/2022

Wedding 4/30/22

Our wedding from the rehearsal to the wedding and reception was magical at the Grandover! We had our ceremony on the grandville lawn and the reception in the griffin ballroom. Perfect choices for our wedding. I’ve been working with them for over a year and a half and they have been awesome to work with. The staff was amazing from the doormen to the bartenders, banquet staff to Rebekah-director of weddings! Our family and friends were able to stay the weekend at the Grandover hotel and enjoyed every minute of it-it’s a truly unique experience! I will never forget our wedding weekend and the hospitality the Grandover showed to us-we truly felt like royalty!
    Tory B. Married on 03/19/2022

Exceptional Experience

We could not have had a better wedding experience at the Grandover Resort. The staff went above and beyond to make our day go as smoothly as possible. A special thanks to Rebekah DeMarcantonio, who was incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly every step of the way. The quality of the whole evening was exceptional and we would 100% recommend it to others.
  • Audrey
    Audrey R. Married on 12/04/2021

Great for Weddings

The Grandover was an absolutely MAGICAL place for our 12/4/21 wedding. Lindsey and Mariah were wonderful to work with, the food was great, and the staff were wonderful! All of my guests were able to stay in one location and have a fun filled weekend. We did however have a few hiccups with the bar tenders that were serving our reception. We had numerous complaints on them both. However, I am still giving 5 stars, because overall it was a great experience.
    Kimberly L. Married on 10/09/2021

Amazing Experience

The Grandover Resort has been short of spectacular! The director of weddings Lindsey Bryie was with us every step of the way and made sure that are special day was magical. We are truly thankful!
    Kristen S. Married on 10/07/2021

Lindsey Bryie is the best

Lindsey was phenomenal to work with They made our wedding experience wonderful! Codey at golf shop and Jamye Bridges at spa were awesome too
    Grandover is worth every penny
    Hilda T. Married on 09/24/2021

INCREDIBLE Grandover Experience!

WOW! We are so incredibly happy that we picked Grandover as our Wedding Venue! Grandover staff went above and beyond to ensure that our day was flawless! Our guests absolutely loved the recently renovated rooms, amenities and service within the hotel. Lindsey and the event staff helped execute a beautiful wedding ceremony and reception on the Grandover Lawn. The service and attention to detail exceeded expectations, the food and beverage was beyond delicious and incredible. Everyone fully enjoyed our special day, and we're so thankful that we picked Grandover for our special day!! Highly highly recommend, wish we could relive the day over and over again!! Thank you to everyone at Grandover that made our day exceptionally magical!!
    Gianni E. Married on 07/23/2021

Best wedding ever!

We had to switch our wedding from Jamaica at the last minute (6 months before) due to the pandemic. Rebekah King was assigned to us! She helped from start to finish. Rebekah answered every question me and my now husband had. She even threw in suggestions when I couldn’t make my mind up. Rebekah did whatever she could to make sure our day was amazing and it was. Thank you Rebekah for the passion and love for your job. You did absolutely amazing! We truly appreciate you!
  • Sonya
    Sonya B. Married on 06/13/2021

The Best Day Ever

I can’t thank Rebekah King for making our wedding a PERFECT!!! Hand down the most knowledgeable and professional host I’ve ever met. Without her I don’t know what would have happened. Hand down the best day EVER
    L Bell Married on 05/15/2021

Mother of the groom

The Grandover is a beautiful venue for a wedding. The outside grounds are gorgeous. My son’s wedding was there and I had the rehearsal dinner there also. Lindsey was great to work with in planning my son’s rehearsal dinner. She was very knowledgeable and offered great suggestions.
  • Rachel
    Rachel M. Married on 05/01/2021

Dream Come True

I cannot say enough positive things about the Grandover. It was absolutely everything I've ever dreamed of! The entire staff was extremely attentive, our bartenders for the wedding were definitely entertaining, and our guests have been talking nonstop about how beautiful the resort was for their stay and our wedding day.

On top of that, we had one of the greatest wedding coordinators I could have ever asked for. Lindsey was a total sweetheart. She was attentive, helpful, and kept us laughing and smiling throughout our entire wedding planning process. She really made planning extremely easy, and for that, I couldn't thank her enough. She made us feel like royalty for the last year and even on our wedding day! We are from Pittsburgh, PA, so this was a mini-destination wedding for us and the planning process was very easy thanks to Lindsey.

I highly recommend the Grandover for your wedding venue. I am not a huge planner/organizer, even for my own wedding, and everything turned out absolutely perfect thanks to the Grandover staff.
  • Jane
    Jane H. Married on 04/24/2021

Wedding Weekend

Trying to plan a wedding during a pandemic is challenging. Rebekah King carefully guided us every step of the way. Rebekah made sure we had backup plans with options. She met with us multiple times and was always available to give guidance. Her calm, competent manner was exactly what we needed to carry us through. Many thanks to Rebekah and everyone at the Grandover Resort. The food was delicious! The spa was at treat, the service was amazing and the venue was stunning!
    My daughter's wedding wasn't what we always envisioned, it was better... absolutely perfect!
  • M Short
    M Short Married on 03/27/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Rebekah King made our Grandover wedding experience effortless!

From Covid restrictions, to accommodating, being extremely flexible, providing information, responding to messages in a timely manner, switching locations in less than two hours (due to rain), taste testing (compliments to the chef...the food was phenomenal), and assisting with anything we needed the day of the wedding...we know no one would have gone above and beyond like Rebekah King. Grandover should be at the top of every bride's list. You need a crew who knows and understands what they are doing. I would also like to commend the staff at Grandover. Every team member knew and performed their duties beyond expectations. Make Grandover a choice...not an option.
  • Morgan
    Morgan H. Married on 01/02/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

Rebekah King and the Grandover staff were absolutely amazing to work with for our wedding. I did not have to worry about anything during the wedding and they went above and beyond for our friends and family attending the wedding. Rebekah was very professional and pleasant to work with throughout the entire process and kept us updated with covid restrictions. Even with covid restrictions, Rebekah was able to make changes as needed up until hours before the wedding. The food was beyond amazing and they have beautiful suites to stay in! I highly recommend Grandover to anyone currently looking for an event venue or just a place to stay for the weekend!
    Jenna W. Married on 10/05/2019

Absolutely perfect!

We loved having our wedding at Grandover! Everyone was so nice, helpful and accommodating! They treated us like family! They made our wedding absolutely perfect!
    Mairin G. Married on 12/29/2018

Wedding Reception

I recently had my wedding reception at the Grandover Resort in the Griffin Room and it was an amazing night. Amber Mattison, the Wedding and Social Sales Manager at the Grandover, helped plan the reception and she executed it to perfection. Everything went smoothly and was stress free. I couldn’t be happier about how everything turned out!
    Rosanne M. Married on 12/21/2018

Christmas Wedding

The staff at Grandover went above and beyond for us and all of our guests at my daughter's wedding.
    Lyndsey Bryie was the wedding manager and she helped make this event perfect in every way, We met with her about 1 1/2 years ago. My daughter was engaged to a young man in the army. We kept in touch with Lindsey through the year. They ended up getting married in a small church ceremony and moving to Alaska in December of 2017. My daughter planned her "vow renewal" long distance with Lindsey's help and we had their vow renewal on their one year anniversary December 2018 three days before Christmas. To say this was a stressful time is an understatement but Lindsey made the whole process seem effortless. She handled every detail for us and made the entire experience very fun and enjoyable.
    The accommodations were wonderful and the front desk very helpful with checking in and shuttles to and from the airport. The lobby bar had great service as did the restaurant for breakfast. The reception was very elegant and so much fun. I am still getting compliments on the food. We could not have asked for a better experience.

I will definitely recommend Grandover to everyone!
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 09/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    A million "kudos" to Lindsey Bryie (Grandover Resort and Conference Center Wedding and Social Sales Manager) and the entire Grandover Resort and Conference Center staff (including Banquet staff). The entire staff made our vow renewal ("wedding") ceremony, reception/cocktail hour and buffet dinner an extraordinary, unforgettable, fabulous, and astonishing event.

We started working with Lindsey Bryie approximately ten months prior to our ceremony date of September 8, 2018. When we had questions, Lindsey was always cordial, willing to personally meet us and speak with us by phone on countless occasions. She was always willing and ready to assist us. Lindsey is an amazing person to work with and she always displayed kindness and professionalism. Her un-paralleled expertise made our journey a pleasant, smooth and enjoyable "ride".

If you want to mesmerize your guest with beauty; immaculate décor/impressive grounds; delicious food; and, untouchable service, we highly recommend the Grandover Resort and Conference Center to host your fairy-tale wedding. You will experience service that is flawless. I guarantee your wedding will be the "talk of the town". Just like every one of our guests, your guest will thank you for the invitation to attend such a grand and luxurious event. They will appreciate the opportunity to feast on food that is scrumptious, world-class, and exquisite. The food was delectable! Thanks to Executive Banquet Chef Pat O'Dawe who prepared the delicious, mouthwatering dishes for our buffet dinner.
    Because of the great staff, the unblemished service; the beautiful grounds; and excellent food and décor; our wedding day will forever be a memorable and cherished event. Again, thank you Lindsey Bryie for your unparalleled service and the entire Grandover Resort and Conference Center staff for making it an "extremely amazing" day. The Grandover Resort and Conference Center was the perfect place for us!

S. & B. Ambrose
    Cynthia Married on 08/11/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Amber what a huge help with the planning of my daughter’s wedding. She covered every detail including fresh cold water for our guest before the ceremony to providing meal vouchers for our vendors during there down time. The set up for the ceremony and the hospitality during the reception was outstanding. Grandover has a awesome group of people working for them. They made our day the best day ever.
    Jacob Married on 07/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I cannot begin to express how over-the-top Grandover was in accommodating our wedding. On our big day, there was constant communication to see if we needed anything, our wishes were granted in the blink of an eye and the staff were incredibly incredibly generous and kind. It is the absolute perfect place to get married, a beautiful ceremony site and fantastic catering service. We were all blown away at the professionalism behind the cooking, wait staff, and wedding planners. Best yet, this venue is very affordable. At first glance, we thought we could never get married at such a dream location, but this easily became true. Please consider Grandover as your wedding venue, it was the experience of a lifetime.
    David Married on 06/30/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Amber Mattison and the Grandover staff helped deliver the wedding of our dreams. Everything was perfectly laid out and handled exactly as we planned. The attention to detail was unmatched and we know that we could not have had the wedding ceremony and reception that we did anywhere else. The food was just as delicious on our wedding day as it was at the tasting. If you are looking for a great venue that will deliver on what they promise please call the Grandover and ask to work with Amber.
    Cara Married on 06/02/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lindsey and her team at Grandover were amazing. They were attentive, flexible, and went above and beyond to making our entire WEEKEND perfect. I could not be happier with how it turned out.
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message