Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay Reviews

58 | Tampa, FL

58 Reviews for Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay

Dixie S. · Getting married on 06/01/2022

Wedding Paradise

Having our daughter's wedding at the Hyatt was a wonderful experience. The venue is gorgeous and their staff is first class. We worked with the Event Sales Manager, Caitlin Schmedeke. She coordinated all the details and her services went far beyond our expectations.

Thank You Caitlin!!!!

Sent on 01/18/2021
  • Carol

Carol C. · Married on 04/11/2020

Wedding 2019

Outstanding service and accommodations on every level from guest rooms to special requests to an unbelievable cocktail hour and dinner receptions. The Hyatt and their staff, particularly Caitlin Schmedeke, were attentive to our every need and anticipated some as well. The food was incredible! The evening, perfect!

Sent on 11/16/2019

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay's reply:

Wow thank you so much for this wonderful feedback, Carol! It was so special being a part of Jana and Greg's wedding. We are so grateful for your attention to detail, understanding, and creativity!!
    We wish you and your family nothing but happiness for the future!
    -Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay (Caitlin)

Militza J. · Married on 02/01/2020

Amazing Venue!

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay was the first venue my husband and I went to see. They set the bar pretty high because every venue we saw after that we kept comparing to the Hyatt. They were able to accommodate our large guest count, there was free parking for guests and shuttles to the airport. Caitlin was our point of contact and she was such a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. From the time we checked in the night before the wedding to the time we checked out, we were taken care of! The bridal suite was amazing and had plenty of space for getting ready the day of!

The food was an important factor for us as we had been to a few weddings where the food just wasn't good. We knew we didn't want our guests to experience that. When we had our tasting we were so relieved because the food was just so good! The chefs came out during the tasting to speak to us and explain the dishes. It has been a little over a month since our wedding and we still have guests telling us how great the food was!

We can't thank Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, Caitlin, and her team enough for making our wedding weekend so special!!

Sent on 03/05/2020

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay's reply:

Militza thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We were honored to be part of yours and Zubin's special weekend!!! We are so glad you enjoyed your wedding suite, and the food as it is such an important part to the day as well! Can't wait to see you back at the hotel soon and we wish you all the best in your future together!!!!
    Love,
    Caitlin and The Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay Team

James B. · Married on 11/10/2019

Elegant wedding venue

We were so glad we chose Armani's at the Grand Hyatt as the venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. We received so many compliments from our guests re. the quality of the food and service and the venue itself with its spectacular sunset view of the bay. The service far exceeded our expectations. The individual attention from all the staff made everyone feel so special. The event sales manager, Caitlin, was so helpful and made so many suggestions to make our wedding special. She and her staff made sure the wedding went smoothly and without a hitch. So many guests said it was one of the most elegant weddings they had ever attended.

Sent on 11/26/2019

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review! It was such a special night and we are so grateful we were there to see everything we've worked so hard on come to life!! I'm glad everyone enjoyed their evening and had such positive feedback. You deserved the best night and we are so thankful it was perfect!! The Grand Hyatt wishes you nothing but happiness for your future together!!
    -The Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay Staff (specifically, Caitlin;) )

Michelle · Married on 11/02/2019

Loved this venue!

This hotel is beautiful and so close to the airport. Reasonable prices and great ballroom. The event coordinator was amazing! She was very helpful thru the whole process. Staff gets at A+ too!

Sent on 12/06/2019
  • Katrina

Katrina G. · Married on 10/08/2019

Wonderful Venue!

We are so glad we chose Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay for our wedding! It was absolutely beautiful and Caitlin helped every step of the way with decorating, coordinating, and vendors. The open bar and food were delicious!! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/05/2020

Paige L. · Married on 09/06/2019

Perfection!!

Every little girl wants their wedding day to be perfect... at the Grand Hyatt it truly was!! From beginning to start it was a breeze- working with Caitlin seriously couldn’t have been a bigger blessing. I would give them a 12 out of 10 stars if I could! Our wedding day was perfect and I wouldn’t have changed a thing.

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Lenda

Lenda · Married on 06/29/2019

Wedding Venue

Caitilan and her team was great, the pictures were amazing all of our guest raved about the food and the hotel.

Sent on 11/08/2019

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay's reply:

Scharlenda thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure serving you and I'm so happy to have been a part of your special day!!
    Warmest wishes to you and Franklin!
  • Naseem

Naseem H. · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely amazing:)

I have always loved Grand Hyatt but Caitlin made all of my dreams come true I can’t thank her enough:))

Sent on 05/29/2019

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay's reply:

Naseem thank you so much for such a wonderful review! It was such a pleasure to be a part of your special weekend. We loved having you and Michael here and you were an absolutely stunning bride!! Please reach out to us if you ever find yourself back at the Grand Hyatt

Susan · Married on 02/16/2019

Top Notch Event Manager

I cannot say enough about Caitlin at the Grand Hyatt. We just had our daughter’s wedding there and it is a wonderful venue from the beauty of it to the culinary team but Caitlin made our experience the best. She was on top of it all. She is the most professional, conscientious, kind, helpful person that there is. What a great communicator! We always knew what was going on and questions were quickly answered. And we had a lot of them! I hope the Grand Hyatt knows what an asset she is for them! Absolutely outstanding!

Sent on 02/17/2019

Leslie · Married on 02/16/2019

Perfect beachy wedding venue

The Grand Hyatt is the perfect venue if you are looking for a casual beach wedding venue. Caitlin and team helped make our day perfect from the start of our wedding planning. Caitlin is very well organized and detail oriented, she is a great asset to the Grand Hyatt team. Thank you all for all that you did to make our special day a success! I highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 02/26/2019

Brankica B. · Married on 11/18/2018

Excellent 'getting ready' space!

I booked a suite at Grand Hyatt in order to have enough 'getting ready' space for me and my girls. The Presidential Suite was gorgeous --- super-spacious with bay views! It even came with a free bottle of champagne. Customer service was GREAT --- would highly recommend!

Sent on 12/23/2018

Hi Briankica!
    Thank you SO MUCH for this review! Our suites have such unique views of Tampa Bay and our Presidential is definitely our favorite too:-) We love hearing that you enjoyed your stay and how our hotel fit into your special day! Best wishes to you!!
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 10/28/2018

From barefoot on Oystercatcher's beach to heels at Armain's

Caitlin, Arielle and the catering event staff were wonderful to work with to help create a wonderful wedding day not just for us, but for all who attended. They took great care of any special requests we had and made us all feel so special. From our ceremony on Oystercatcher's private beach area to our reception up at Armani's, the day was filled with wonderful memories that the amazing staff at the GHTB helped create! I highly recommend it!
    A big thank you to all that helped make our wedding day amazing!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay's reply:

Christine thank you so much for such a wonderful review!! It was a pleasure to work with you on your special day. You and Matt are a wonderful pair and I hope you stay in touch with the Hyatt family!!
    Warmest regards,
    Caitlin and Arielle

Jaclyn · Married on 07/07/2018

The Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay was the perfect place for our intimate wedding ceremony. We were treated so well and everything was perfect. The grounds are amazing for the best photo opps and the staff did everything they could to make the day an unforgettable memory. The Gazebo was the best location for a small ceremony overlooking the bay. Cailtin was amazing and helped us every step of the way! We highly recommend having your special event here and cant wait to come back!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay's reply:

Thank you so much for these wonderful praises! We were so lucky to be a part of your special day!

Kimberly · Married on 06/24/2017

I had my wedding, both ceremony and reception, at the Grand Hyatt. I cannot even begin to describe how happy I was with everything. Food, service, responsiveness, amazing customer service, and how welcomed everyone made us and our guests feel for our wedding. The wedding planner that the Hyatt has is top notch. They don't come better then her! She was so helpful and helped give us our dream wedding. Highly highly recommend them and we can't wait to go back and vacation!

Sent on 07/04/2017

Vanna · Married on 03/11/2017

We can not say enough good things about Amy Otte and the entire staff that helped make our wedding day special. Our venue was perfect, the wait staff during dinner was excellent and very attentive. Communication between all the staff was what kept things together and on track. Amy was the absolute best! She is an excellent communicator and is always there to answer any questions or just help us when we need it. Everything was flawless. All of our guest could not stop talking about the food, the venue, the service, and how beautiful everything was. Planning a wedding can be stressful, but trust me when I tell you there was nothing for us to worry about with Amy! Thank you Grand Hyatt for an amazing experience and night to remember for my wife and I.

Sent on 03/15/2017

Absolutely beautiful! The space was to large for my wedding.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Kemi · Married on 03/11/2016

My wedding was back in March so this review is a bit late - however I had to post a review to really show my appreciation to the entire team at the Grand Hyatt but in particular Kristi! Our wedding was a destination wedding so I planned it entirely out of the country - without a wedding planner! How did I do that - because I chose THE best venue in Tampa with such a excellent level of service - I literally had no stress at all due to the constant communication from Kristi to ensure all the details were set. The on day coordination is priceless - all the various vendors not connected to the hotel were managed perfectly and everything was delivered as expected! The food was excellent, the service top class - the actual hotel is modern and in a lovely bay side setting. My suite was so spacious getting ready was such a breeze - and the complimentary breakfast pastries and fruit for all my bridal party was such a nice touch. I loved everything about the day - can't stop smiling when I think about it. Kristi is a star! Chose the Grand Hyatt - you'll never regret it!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Joan · Married on 12/05/2015

We had our recent ceremony and reception at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. Kristi and the rest of the staff was great to work with and the venue was beautiful. Thank you for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! I am so thrilled you were happy with everything and I loved working with you and John!! Happy Holidays!!
    -Kristi

Thomas · Married on 12/05/2015

It was the most blissful experience. Incredible backdrop in the most serene setting in Tampa Bay. Kristi was a rock star. Seamlessly on top of every detail even though I hounded her on everything. It turned out flawlessly. Highly highly recommended!

Sent on 12/15/2015

We had our wedding reception at Armani's on the 14th floor of the Grand Hyatt. The views where breathtaking. The venue is perfect for a nice intimate wedding celebration. We worked with Kristi and she made sure everything was perfect. I was so pleased with how beautiful the room was set up. Unfortunately we had to move the ceremony inside due to rain at the last minute but even with the change our wedding day was perfect. Service was exceptional, and the food was great! All of our guest complimented how delicious the food was. We are so happy that we choose to have our wedding at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay's reply:

Thank you so much for you comments!! I'm so glad you were so happy with your wedding day!! Everything really did look so beautiful!! I enjoyed working so closely with you!
    -Kristi

Kristy · Married on 10/24/2015

Thank you for everything this past weekend. Our wedding was amazing and your hotel did a great job.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay's reply:

Such a pleasure working with you and Rhys! So thrilled I was able to be part of your Wedding day!!!

Susan · Married on 10/17/2015

Kristi and her team were wonderful. She was readily available when we needed her. worked well with our vendors and was very flexible with the changes we wanted. All of our guest enjoyed the weekend at the hotel and the evening was a great time for all.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Marisa · Married on 11/22/2014

My groom and I stayed at the Hyatt on our wedding night, and it was absolutely PERFECT! Katie took excellent care of us! The villa we stayed in was absolutely beautiful, immaculately cleaned, didn't have that humid musty feel/smell, like so many hotels do! Plus they upgraded us when we went to check in, and we were surprised to receive champagne, choc covered strawberries, the villa to be all dimly lit, complete with rose petals leading up to the bedroom! It was absolutely breathtaking and so romantic! We felt so special! Thank you, Hyatt, for making the end to our wedding day absolutely perfect, relaxing, and romantic! If they have such care for detail on a hotel room, I would love to see their attention for detail for a reception or other event! I'm sure it's perfect! :)

Sent on 12/05/2014