Grand Geneva Resort & Spa Reviews

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa 4
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa 5

Elizabeth McCoy · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing wedding!

We were fortunate enough to have our wedding at the Grand Geneva Resort and could not be more happy with everything!! The resort was very accommodating and our guests had a fantastic time at the pools and restaurants. The service and hospitality were excellent! The best part of having our wedding here was the support from a wedding coordinator that helps with EVERYTHING. Kate was the most amazing support and made our day what it was. We could not have done it without her! I can’t wait to come back here for many years to come to celebrate and remember our wedding!!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Kali · Married on 07/13/2019

Grand Geneva Resort and Spa was the perfect place for a wedding!

Wonderful service all around. From wait staff, transportation, guests amenities. We had many out of town guests and each enjoyed their stay over the weekend. I had the ceremony on the golf course, cocktail hour under the Pavilion, and reception at the Chalet. Grand Geneva was flexible in every way. The transportation was smooth. They were open to any designs I wanted to add in and vendors I wanted to use. Kate, our Grand Geneva Coordinator, was amazing. She was timely in communication and so fun to work with!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Kimberlee

Kimberlee Burt · Married on 06/16/2019

A Grand Experience!

It’s taken me a while to write this review, but I’ve been super busy since saying.. “I Do”.

It was literally ninety days ago that my husband Eric and I were married at Grand Geneva Resort and Spa.

Our coordinator was Jamie. She was super professional, patient, flexible and very resourceful. We also used Haley from Something Blue to coordinate on the day of... and she was stellar.

The venue itself was absolutely amazing, breathtakingly beautiful and in every way remarkable. The memories that were created from the planning process right up to our Bubble send off would not have been possible if it were not for the creativity, attention to details and flexibility of the entire Grand Geneva team who supported our event from start to finish.

We chose to have a Brunch wedding and our guests are still talking about the food and specialty “Mock-tails” that we named to match our courtship journey. “The Jazz Showcase”, “The Proposal”, “The Honeymoon”, and “Happily Ever After!”

I highly recommend Grand Geneva to any Bride who is looking for a naturally beautiful and elegant wedding venue, with great service, yummy food 😊and an overall experience that you’ll never forget!

We look forward to returning to Grand Geneva to celebrate for many years to come.

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa 6
    Grand Geneva Resort & Spa 7
    Grand Geneva Resort & Spa 8
    Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Brittney

Brittney Ripley · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing venue, staff, views, food and more

Our wedding was 10 days ago and WOW, Grand Geneva did such a fantastic job. We had our ceremony on the Fairview Lawn and the reception at the Mountain Top Chalet. Everything was picture perfect and the event itself including everything from timing and setup to food and drink was flawless. Kate Hartz, our Events Manager, was fantastic from start to finish while also keeping myself and others helping me plan in line. Our wait staff and especially our Captain Jamie, were just awesome. If I could do the day again, I wouldn't change a thing and I would 110% choose Grand Geneva again.

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa 9
    Grand Geneva Resort & Spa 10
    Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Erica

Erica Roach · Married on 06/07/2019

We had the time of our lives!

My husband and I just got married at the beginning of June 2019 and had the most perfect time at our wedding. We had our ceremony under the pavilion which was great- had a roof over us and our guests so people weren't getting the sun beat down on them and it was a really beautiful view of the golf course. We had our reception at the Chalet which was really beautiful and has so much room! It really gave our guests many places to hang out and we really wouldn't change anything about it. Thank you Grand Geneva and Kate!!!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 05/11/2019

An absolute dream wedding at the Grand Geneva!

We are so grateful to Kate H and the team at the Grand Geneva for putting on the wedding of our dreams! The resort itself is absolutely beautiful and provided an amazing space for guests to be together not only during the wedding but throughout the whole weekend. The lobby provided a great natural meeting space for guests, the wedding party and families were able to go golfing the Friday before, and the late night bar provided a space for guests to keep the party going late into the night. The villas were recently remodeled and provided a modern and spacious area for the bridal party to get ready and the grounds were an absolutely beautiful backdrop for photos. The staff, however, really made everything come full circle to make the perfect day. From Day 1, the staff listened to what was important to us and worked with us to create a wedding plan that reflected our vision. We were assigned Kate H as our day of coordinator and she was extremely organized, helpful, and patient throughout the whole process. She made suggestions along the way based on her experience with over 180 weddings and even helped create a 33 person head table (plus booster seat). The moment we got to the Grand Geneva it seemed like the entire staff was so happy for us and our wedding weekend and we received well wishes the entire weekend. Kate led our rehearsal, re-configured our ceremony set-up last minute due to weather, and even drove us in a golf cart for our first look. The servers were all extremely friendly, the food was amazing, and overall it was a weekend we will never forget. Thank you Kate and the team at the Grand Geneva; we can’t wait to come back and make more memories! Ian and Nikki M

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa 11
    Sent on 05/20/2019

Kelsey · Married on 07/21/2018

The Grand Geneva truly was my dream venue in every aspect. When searching for venues, I knew I had loved attending weddings at hotels because it was incredibly easy as a guest and extended the celebration because everyone was in the same place. I also knew I wanted to find a space that was charming, non-traditional, warm, and had character. When I stepped into the Chalet, just one of the many venues the Grand Geneva offers, I felt like all my dreams were coming true. I wanted character, and this space has it in spades. Every aspect of planning the wedding there was easy and enjoyable, from our initial tours with Alex who was such a wonderful help in the early stages, to booking the venue and working with Kate who answered every single question along the way and was by my side through the end of the wedding, to planning our menu with the amazing kitchen staff, to designing our cake with their incredibly talented baker. It was all wonderful and I believe that everyone at the Grand Geneva did everything in their power to make sure we got our dream wedding. I couldn't have had a better wedding experience and it all started with my venue choice. I highly recommend it and only have the most positive things to say. Also, insider tip to anyone who is planning a wedding there: stay in a villa! You won't regret it!! Other major perks: the trolley that takes you around the grounds, the deck attached to the chalet that has a fire pit and seating all night, the gorgeous chandelier right over the dance floor in the chalet, and the millions of perfect picture spots on the ground to utilize during your wedding day!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Jill · Married on 07/21/2018

We have just hosted our daughter's wedding at the Grand Geneva in the Ski Chalet. It was nothing less than magical. Kate was there to make sure things went smoothly and we could not be more pleased. The food was delicious and the staff was extremely helpful. Beautiful, fun, unique atmosphere. We have rave reviews from friends and family!

Sent on 07/25/2018

Celeste · Married on 06/30/2018

We had our daughter Wedding Ceremony and Reception at the Grand Geneva on 06/30/18. Everything was PERFECT!
    The ceremony views were absolutely breathtaking. Kate Hartz was amazing to work with and handled everything with ease. We received so many compliments on the atmosphere, reception hall, food and wedding cake made by the pastry chef. We stayed at the beautiful Villas and received 5 Star VIP treatment. We could not have asked for anything more. Thank you Kate and the Grand Geneva for making my daughters wedding day so special. Celeste R

Sent on 07/06/2018

Angela · Married on 05/12/2018

We had both our ceremony and our reception at Grand Geneva in May! Everything was absolutely PERFECT... from the initial planning meeting to walking down the aisle and dancing the night away! The entire event staff was professional and helpful, everyone down to the trolley drivers. I still am getting compliments on the food, atmosphere, and hospitality. We are SO SO grateful for Kate H- she was our event manager and I cannot say how AMAZING she is enough. I would recommend Grand Geneva over and over again

Sent on 06/13/2018

Brittany · Married on 11/11/2017

We couldn't have been more happy with our experience at The Grand Geneva! I am active duty in the military and as such, I was planning my wedding while I was deployed in Afghanistan. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to convey what I wanted from afar and that my "vision" wouldn't come to life the way I wanted it to but that was not the case at all! Kate was the most phenomenal wedding coordinator and made everything turn out exactly as I had envisioned! We only met once during the planning process due to my living across the county, but she was quick to respond to my every email when I had a new idea or wanted to change my catering/cake/decor plan (for the millionth time). She went above and beyond on the day of, adding little details to our setup and ensuring that I didn't have to worry about anything. In addition to the wonderful pre-wedding experience, the day of waitstaff and bartenders were also AMAZING. They were so attentive to our guests and made me feel like a celebrity with their kindness. Everyone said our food was phenomenal and their overall experience was fantastic. Thank you, Grand Geneva, for making our wedding a dream come true!

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa 12
    Grand Geneva Resort & Spa 13
    Grand Geneva Resort & Spa 14
    Grand Geneva Resort & Spa 15
    Sent on 12/13/2017

Tina · Married on 10/07/2017

I apologize for taking so long to leave this review but better late than never. My husband and I got married at the Grand Geneva Resort and Spa back in October. We were drawn to the unique location and beautiful property. And of course, it was an added bonus to be able to say that I got married at the Playboy Mansion! haha. Our wedding was a big, (FAT – so much food), Indian wedding, and it was exciting to offer our guests a mini getaway and something different from the usual Chicagoland banquet halls so many of us have grown used to for weddings. We loved that we were able to fully make use of the beautiful Grand Geneva property and have our different events in different rooms/areas of the resort. We had such a wonderful experience working with Grand Geneva. We began our process of viewing the property (multiple times) and negotiating the contract with Sales Manager, Gabi. Then, we worked with Event Manager, Jessica, for the rest of the planning up until the wedding weekend. Both ladies were such a joy to work with. We had A LOT of specific and random needs and wants, and Grand Geneva was so accommodating of all of our requests. We worked closely with Jessica to iron out all of our various details, and we just cannot say enough great things about her. She listened to what we wanted as well as our concerns, and she always had solutions and options to offer to us. Jessica made my process of wedding planning a lot easier than what it could have been. We are so grateful to her and all of her hard work and efforts. A huge THANK YOU to Jessica and everyone at Grand Geneva! I could not have asked for a more beautiful and wonderful wedding weekend! All of our guests had a great time. Grand Geneva will always be so special to us, and we cannot wait to return soon!

Sent on 06/10/2018
  • crystal

crystal · Married on 08/20/2017

We were married at the ski chalet in August and we are still hearing from our guests how our wedding was the best they have ever been to. And I owe it all to Grand Geneva AND KATE! We were treated like royalty from the very start. The venue is BEAUTIFUL. The food is incredible. and their customer service is outstanding. My friends and family loved staying at the resort the weekend of the wedding. And then theres Kate. My. gawd. Kate was a rockstar. I have 0 idea what I would have done without her! She was patient, SO HELPFUL, sweet and hilarious. Whenever I needed ANYTHING, she was there helping out. She even knew I needed things before I even knew I needed them myself! She went way above and beyond her duties.. and I will forever be grateful to her. She made our day perfection!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Amber · Married on 04/29/2017

Our wedding was this past April and we are so glad we had it at the Grand Geneva! Kate Hartz was our event coordinator and she was amazing! We really lucked out with her. She helped recommend a good DJ, florist and photographer, who we all ended up loving. She was super creative throughout the whole process and gave us great ideas. And she really went out of her way to help us--she even picked up some vases from another nearby resort that my sister had used at her wedding--I was very impressed! Also she is so detail-oriented that we knew everything would be ready for the big day. And it ended up being the most perfect wedding. She made it entirely stress-free for my husband and I. She worked flawlessly with our DJ and photographer to make sure everything was going as planned. My parents who also worked and talked with her were also very impressed with her. The Grand Geneva as a whole was also fantastic, everyone who works there is so pleasant and are always smiling. Thank you Grand Geneva and Kate Hartz!!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Christopher · Married on 09/06/2015

Wonerderful resort. Families stayed at the water park hotel section in family suites with kitchens. Adult couples stayed in main hotel. The spa was amazing! Every thing in one location for every one. Top notch and high class!

Sent on 12/26/2015

Samantha · Married on 03/14/2015

Absolutley amazing venue to have your wedding at. I had my rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception all at the resort. The grounds and hotel are gorgeous. The staff is very friendly and so accommodating! My wedding coordinator, Kaitlin W., was very professional and new what to do even before I told her! I swear she could read my mind but it just showed how great she is at her job. I had so much confidence in her that the day of the wedding I could focus on having fun getting ready with my bridesmaids and family. There was even another huge event that took over the resort the same weekend and I never felt my parties needs were put second. They actually offered free valet parking all weekend long to my guests! Can't wait to go back and stay just for a vacation soon!

Sent on 03/23/2015
  • Gloria Nelson Concierge, LLC

Gloria · Married on 12/14/2014

I had the pleasure of planning a wedding for a client in December 2014. We hosted the rehearsal dinner as well as the reception. As a planner of more than four decades, it was truly a pleasure to work with such consummate professionals. The first impression of guests checking in at the front desk to the setup crew who was so accommodating along with the tremendous culinary and banquet team, our bridal couple, their families and guests all had a tremendous weekend. My very special thanks to Cory Congemi who was assigned as our event manager....such a wonderful person to work with and he made it all easy as there were many moving parts. Thanks to the entire team for an exceptionally produced collaborative event.

Sent on 04/23/2015

Susan · Married on 10/17/2014

We love the Grand Geneva! We got engaged at the Grand so naturally it was a no brainer to get married there. The Grand Geneva hosted both our ceremony and our wedding reception. I have to say it was the best day of our lives. The weather didn't quite cooperate but everything was swiftly and efficiently moved to the alternate ceremony location. We did not have one single hiccup during the day. Kate Hartz was our Event Manger and she is absolutely fabulous. Her personality is great, she's fun and extremely easy to work with. We had our reception in the Maple Lawn Ballroom and it was stunning. The food was not your typical banquet hall food, it was exemplary, we received so many compliments about our food. The Resort itself is stunning, every single one of our guests stayed the night at the Resort, and I didnt hear one complaint. I can't say enough positive words for the Grand Geneva Resort. You get what you pay for and the Grand is worth every penny.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Grand Geneva was an absolutely wonderful venue. The staff was accomodating and the venue itself was absolutely gorgeous. The food was amazing and the cake was gorgeous. The timing of everything the day of the wedding worked out perfectly.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Debbie · Married on 01/18/2014

Kate and the Grand Geneva helped me give my daughter the wedding of her dreams. From the planning process to the day of the event, Kate was available to us 24/7. Her attention to detail and creative flair created the elegance we were looking for. The venue was absolutely beautiful, the food was wonderful and presented with elegance and the service was impeccable! It was a day we will all remember forever!

Sent on 01/20/2014

Lara · Married on 08/17/2013

I had my ceremony and reception at the grand geneva.
    Scott, who was our main wedding planner at grand geneva was so attentive and helpful. He was able to achieve the vision that I set. I had nothing to worry about because everything was taken care of for me.
    At first I was nervous about the food because I am super picky, but they ate super flexible and can adjust their menus to accommodate any diet or picky eater. The desert was the hit of the evening. We had. Beautiful presentation on our desert and everyone loved it.
    The staff was wonderful and they were very professional.

Sent on 01/10/2014

Beth · Married on 05/25/2013

My husband and I HIGHLY recommend having your wedding at the Grand Geneva in Lake Geneva Wisconsin! They made our wedding absolutely perfect! My family and I have a lot of history at the Grand Geneva - my parents spent their high school proms at the resort when it was the playboy club, my husband's parents spent their vacations at the Grand and my husband and I always celebrated the holidays at the Grand Geneva admiring the most BEAUTIFUL holiday decorations. On December 20th, 2011, my husband proposed while we were vacationing at the Grand! We could not think of a better place to get married than where our parents fell in love and where we fell in love and got engaged! Everything was seriously PERFECT at our wedding: the wedding planning, the food, the service, the guestrooms, the wedding space and our wedding planner!!! Most of our guests spent at least two nights at the property because they loved it so much! I can't wait to celebrate our 1 year anniversary at the Grand Geneva next year and many many more memories with my family!!!!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Nicole · Married on 10/20/2012

We got married at the ski chalet at the grand geneva! Perfect venue for our style. The venue was pretty bare and we brought in a huge trailer of decor. Marlene Munich was our wedding coordinator and made everything happen. Everything was perfect and we couldn't have asked for more for our wedding.

Sent on 10/25/2012

Sarah · Married on 04/28/2012

The BEST of the BEST. We have our evening cocktail event here and Jamiaca was AMAZING she was so great. Our wedding guests all stayed here and they all mentioned what great service they got as well. If I had to do it all over again I would have the whole thing here! Their customer services is an A+

Sent on 05/16/2012

Joanne · Married on 06/19/2011

I can't say enough good things about working with Cecil at the Grand Geneva. He anticipated our every need and was always there with a smile and a calm demeanor which made everything right. The Grand Geneva is elegant but friendly, the food is superb, and all the extras (the horse drawn carriage, the trolley ride, the spa services) made my daughter's wedding something we will always cherish as the happiest of days imaginable.

Sent on 06/29/2011