Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort Reviews

29 | Lake Placid, NY

29 Reviews for Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort

Maria · Married on 05/02/2021

Incredible Weekend!

Where do we begin?! We cannot thank the Golden Arrow enough for an incredible Anniversary Celebration weekend. From our first email and phone interaction, we knew this would be such a great fit. We had the best weekend imaginable. So many of our guests said how impressed they were with the helpfulness of the front desk staff, and especially at the celebration. When we arrived on Friday, we were immediately greeted with smiles, can-do attitudes and genuine excitement for our big weekend. We had so many waves of people arriving, bringing totes, dropping off bags and so much more but the staff never made it seem like an issue, a chore or were bothered. THANK YOU for storing our flowers and cake - what a huge load off of us. The food, drinks and service were outstanding, which are so important. Alex was totally right - there was so much at late night as we were unsure if what we ordered was enough. There was plenty! We could go on and on about this weekend, but it meant so much to us that Golden Arrow worked with us as a couple through the challenging 2020-2021 season. Can’t recommend the Golden Arrow enough!

Sent on 05/04/2021
  • Laurine

Laurine K. · Married on 09/08/2020

Beyond Amazing!

We can honestly not say enough great things about having our wedding at the Golden Arrow. Our original plan was not to have our wedding day at the GA but only our rehearsal dinner but with Covid restrictions we had to get a backup plan quick. Alex and her team stepped in quickly with a month turn around time to make our wedding day a reality and a dream come true. Through all the ups and downs we were faced in light of Covid and having to postpone our ceremony of due to rain and jump quickly into cocktail hour, everything was perfect! Alex, Natasha and Brandon are a great team. Alex is by far the best wedding coordinator around, she truly wants whats best for the couple and will do anything to make your day something you'll always remember. Natasha was amazing ,working one on one with us, helping plan our dinner. With all the changes we had to make we don't reject any of them, if we had the choice we would relive the day again! I would highly recommend the GA for a rehearsal dinner or wedding! Best views around, best staff, best food and best time!

Sent on 12/13/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca M. · Married on 08/27/2020

Highly Recommend Over and Over!

Brides, Grooms, families, and wedding parties! You could only be so lucky to have your wedding here. My husband and I starting working with Alex, Natasha, and Brandon on our dream wedding back pre-COVID. Let me tell you, we have heard absolute horror stories of postponements, bad business, and the ugly side of COVID wedding planning. We knew we made the right decision with the GA family, but how they handled our postponement, and elopement celebration was just the icing on the cake. They were with us EVERY SINGLE STEP of the way through all of the uncertainty. All of our guests that stayed at the hotel were SO pleased and SO excited to come back and stay again come 2021. Thank you Golden Arrow for an incredible 2020 and can't wait to be back next year!

Sent on 09/08/2020

Matthew L. · Married on 08/27/2020

Great experience during uncertain times.

Thankful that we decided to go with the Golden Arrow, we ultimately had a smaller ceremony this year. The team was with us every step of the way, as we deliberated what was right for us, in the midst of a pandemic. We were so lucky to have booked with them and not a corporate wedding location, for so many reasons. We know that a lot of venues were not as gracious when it came time for us to modify the plans due to the coronavirus (we have heard multiple horror stories from friends and family members whose venues cited contract agreements, fees and loss of deposits when they were ultimately forced to change dates). But with the Golden Arrow it was a non-issue, we changed dates for our 80 person ceremony and reception to next year, and all it took was an email and follow up call. To act with that sort of integrity as a business is rare these days, especially when they technically had us locked in with a contract - so I was honestly blown away, Brandon joked by emailing us about having time to renovate and that it was not a problem at all for us to shift. About a month or so after coordinating next year's rescheduled ceremony- my fiance(now wife) and I decided we still wanted to get married this year, so long as we could do so safely - so we worked with the team to put a small group dinner together with just some direct family members - and were married on 8/27, and had our celebration at the Golden arrow on 8/28 with dinner, music and an open bar. We still have a big ceremony and reception planned for next year and are nothing but excited to work with them again, the food was delicious and the event staff were awesome. But we are so grateful for the flexibility and coordination of Alex and Natasha to allow us to get married mid pandemic and celebrate safely this year with a small group. No hassle, professional and so laid back while planning. The day of - everyone was super responsive and so nice/accommodating. We felt safe thanks to the precautions taken by the team, the staff ensured everyone was taken care of and settled in - Glad we made this decision! Looking forward to next year.

Sent on 09/08/2020
  • Kailey

Kailey · Married on 08/27/2020

Perfect Weekend

We just got back from 4 nights at Golden Arrow and also got married there! We had an amazing time w our immediate family - Alex , our wedding coordinator was super responsive, friendly and thoughtful. She was great. While the rooms are slightly worn, it looks like they are being updated - overall this would not deter us from returning - the food and staff were just excellent pair that with a beautiful backdrop and ideal location in Lake Placid and it doesn’t get much better !

Sent on 09/12/2020

Bethany H. · Married on 08/09/2020

Golden Arrow Wedding

I cannot say enough good things about our experience at Golden Arrow. I knew from first meeting the coordinator, Alex, that this was the place for our wedding. Throughout the whole process Alex and Natasha were always very responsive and quickly alleviated any concerns I had. The day of was seem-less. The food was delicious and my guests all had a wonderful time. The lakefront setting was perfect for our ceremony and boathouse lovely for our cocktail hour. The reception space fit our style and there were multiple options. Wouldn’t change a thing and would highly recommend for your wedding or other even

Sent on 10/03/2019

Alyssa C. · Married on 02/12/2020

Wouldn't have changed a thing!

Leading up to our date of arrival for the wedding Alex and Natasha did a great job communicating with us around any questions we had. We arrived to the Golden Arrow on Thursday morning and were getting married on Saturday, December 14th. Alex, Brandon, and Natasha met with us that morning to discuss some final wedding details. From that moment on, every staff member at the front desk was aware that we were the bride and groom. They helped us with all the small things like holding some bags at the front desk, providing tape, sharpies, etc. when it came to our last minute details. Alex was prompt to help us with anything we needed while we were working on set up of our space. Our "cousin Vinny" checked in on us several times and helped with anything we needed. He was so friendly to have at the resort and was willing to help us with any needs or questions we had.
    What I appreciated most about Alex is that she had a clear vision on what our dream day looked like. All week the weather had called for heavy rain and we planned on having our ceremony on the top of the boathouse. Both Alex and Brandon encouraged us to not let the rain get in the way if we really wanted to be outside while saying our vows. So we did just that!
    The night before the wedding a large group of ours went to Generations (connected to Golden Arrow) for welcome drinks and dinner. The staff in Generations were accommodating to our large group of 30 people.
    The day of the wedding, the rain held off. If I were to sum this up in words, I would say it was absolutely perfect and we would not change one thing about it. The bridal room we used was a dream to get ready in. It was so beautiful, and perfect for a group of 13 females (or more). Alex and Brandon checked in on me throughout the morning hours, and when it came time for the ceremony Alex was right there-- Thank you! I was so happy I even said "I do" too soon!
    Once the reception began Natasha was present in the evening hours. She asked us several times if we needed anything at all. To be honest I think my response each time was "I'm perfect". I couldn't think of anything because our day was everything we wanted it to be. The Four Seasons room looked stunning, the food was delicious, and our group and their dance moves were on point (thanks to Lake Placid DJ).
    That night when Matt and I went to our room we found a photo of us during our ceremony, and a note from the team at Golden Arrow. What a thoughtful touch and the best gift we could have received after such a special day.
    Thank you Golden Arrow for everything your whole team did to make us feel so special. Alex, Brandon, Natasha, front desk, and cousin Vinny this experience would not have been what it was without you. We will be back for our 1 year anniversary (and hopefully sooner).
    I would highly recommend Golden Arrow and this team to anyone!

Sent on 12/19/2019

Ben R. · Married on 01/03/2020

Unforgettable Experience!

My wife and I cannot stop thinking about how perfect our experience at the Golden Arrow was. We spent the week leading up to our wedding at the Golden Arrow. During that time, Alex and Brandon were very accommodating, going out of their way to make sure we were provided with everything we needed, whether it be room for storage or help with first look locations. Beyond that, there was so much to do around town and the surrounding area that our guests were able to enjoy themselves as they arrived throughout the week. As I read other good reviews about the experience on the day of their wedding, I could not agree more. Our day was absolutely perfect. The forecast was for rain most of the week but Alex and Brandon continued to assure that, no matter what, we would have a beautiful day. The rain held off and our ceremony from atop the boathouse was nothing short of spectacular! From early in the morning until the lights came on, and even during clean up, Alex and Brandon were there to make sure we had everything we needed. I would highly recommend the Golden Arrow as not only a wedding locale, but also a place to stay all year round!!

Sent on 01/09/2020

Ryan S. · Married on 12/10/2019

I'm Biased... But it was the best wedding ever!

This venue is a perfect spot. The staff and food are UNREAL and Alex will do everything she can to make sure that every second goes the way that it should. All the way from saying yes to the venue, until the end of the wedding. We got married in the fall and having the fire pit outside was awesome as well as the views! There is also a ton to do around the area for everyone of all ages.

Sent on 11/30/2020
  • Kazimiera

Kazimiera · Married on 09/19/2019

9/19/2019...best day ever!! 😍

Thank you so much to Alex, Natasha and the entire Golden Arrow family and staff who made our stay unbelievable! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day with a gorgeous ceremony site and reception venue area. The views were incredible, the food was delicious and everything was EXACTLY the way I had imagined it would be! I wish I could live or special day over and over again, but I promise that we will visit again as we always do and the Golden Arrow has definitely got a special place in our hearts, as do the Adirondacks! Thank you from the bottoms of our hearts and thank you a million times for helping me pull off the most beautiful wedding day ever and helping me marry my best friend!! Much love and appreciation from the new Mr. and Mrs. Nicholas Zemlachenko!! 👰🏼🤵🏼💍🎉👌🏻💕

Sent on 09/27/2019

Maggie S. · Married on 09/01/2019

Great Overall Experience!

Alex and her team at Generations were really great. They are clearly knowledgeable and experienced in the art of carrying out and managing weddings of any size without missing a beat. My husband I were both more than happy with our choice to getting married here, and so too were all of our guests. Our late fall ceremony on the boathouse was picture perfect!

Sent on 12/08/2019
  • Kayleigh

Kayleigh · Married on 08/16/2019

Be Ready to Be Treated Like Royalty

From the moment we walked into the Golden Arrow, we were taken care of. We were staying 1 night (the night of our Rehearsal “cocktail party” that we were throwing on their Boathouse) and then using the Black Forest Room as the bridal room for the morning of the wedding. I had selected another venue before I had even met Alex at the Golden Arrow, and honestly if I had met her previously I probably would have had my wedding there. The set up they did for our Rehearsal “cocktail party” on the Boathouse was seriously magical. I had dropped off some simple decorations earlier to Alex and Brandon and they were so accommodating to use them during set up. They even let us in early to basically take over their office with all our stuff for the next day as well. They really know what they are doing and know how to treat their guests in an amazing way while doing so. They made us feel very special and any worries that we might have had completely melted away. I couldn’t believe the set up for the Rehearsal but also the next day on the morning of our wedding. The Black Forest Room space is simply gorgeous, and Brandon was in and out all day making sure we had water, utensils, etc. I would 100% recommend staying at the Golden Arrow while in LP, but also if you have any size event. They treated us like royalty and we weren’t even having our wedding there, so I can imagine how amazing they treat you at your actual wedding!! Alex was extremely responsive during the entire planning process and was able to provide guidance and solutions to any problems that came up. Go with this team for your event – you won’t be disappointed!!! Thank you Alex and Brandon!!!!

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Christine

Christine T. · Married on 07/14/2019

Picture perfect

We had an exceptional experience with Golden Arrow! Alex and staff made our dreams come true and helped us to have a perfect wedding. They are so friendly, helpful, accommodating and knowledgeable. Our friends and family were also very pleased with the venue. We look forward to continuing to make memories at Golden Arrow.

Sent on 08/04/2019

Jacob B. · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely Top Notch

We held our wedding on the lawn lakeside at Golden Arrow recently and cannot day enough good things about the venue, staff, food and service, everything was top notch. Our wedding planner Alex, Natasha, restaurant manager of Generations where we held our reception, and the entire staff at GA went above and beyond throughout the whole process to ensure our special day was everything we hoped it would be, and it exceeded our expectations. This is a family run operation and you feel that personal accountability and effort in everything they do. We would highly recommend anyone hosting a wedding, staying for a weekend or even just looking for great food to go to GA, we certainly became loyal lifelong customers!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Stephanie · Married on 05/11/2019

Room block

Working with Alexandra is amazing. She is efficient and kept me up to date with the progress. Hotel rooms are clean and beautiful!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort's reply:

Hey Stephaine,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It has been a pleasure to work with you.
    Wedding planning can be overwhelming, and our goal is to make the group blocking process mindless, so it is one less thing you have to worry about. So happy to know that we have did just that for you.

All the Best,
    Alexandra Hanlon

• Jenny

Jenny R. · Married on 05/10/2019

Alex, Natasha & Brandon Make You Feel Like Family!!

Our wedding day was absolutely the most perfect and magical day thanks to Alex, Natasha and Brandon at the Golden Arrow! Alex was so awesome to work with leading up to our wedding day and honestly made the whole planning process flawless and easy! The few nights leading up to our wedding, Alex, Brandon and Natasha kept in contact with us to make sure everything was just right. Alex and Natasha’s attention to detail allowed me to enjoy every second of the day and live in the moment instead of worrying all day. Mostly, we were impressed by the little details and level of care from everyone at the resort; From the people setting up the banquet room to Natasha making sure the food was on point, and even the bartenders knowing our names! These are the simple things that blew me away and made us feel like family. We still get compliments on how good the food was (specifically how big and delicious the steaks were), and how it was one of the best weddings our friends and family have ever attended! Alex and the whole Golden Arrow experience was everything we could’ve wanted and more! We wouldn’t have done anything differently!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Susan S. · Married on 01/05/2019

Treated like royalty!

My expectations were exceeded at the Golden Arrow for my daughter's wedding. Alex ,Brandon and Natasha were wonderful to work with and are a great team. If I had another daughter I would not hesitate to do it again at the Golden Arrow. Any issues were taken care of immediately. No detail was overlooked. We were treated like royalty.

Sent on 01/13/2019

Amanda A. · Married on 12/08/2018

Best day ever!!

From beginning to end, Alex worked with us to make sure our day was everything we wanted. Planning from a distance (about 4 hours) was a breeze. Alex was quick to respond to any questions we had and was professional and easy going. The girls got ready in the Black Forest room and it was the perfect getting ready space. We had our ceremony on top of the boathouse and it was absolutely breathtaking. Our reception at Generations restaurant was beautiful, and the food was delicious. Natasha the restaurant manager, was great and quickly answered many emails (on my end) to help plan the best layout of the reception space for all of our guests. Having a destination wedding, it was a priority to have the ceremony, reception and hotel rooms all in one place. And being on Main Street is a plus because you can walk to anything in town. Many of our guests commented how all of the staff were so friendly and accommodating. We couldn’t recommend the Golden Arrow enough and are so thankful for all of the staff who made our day absolutely perfect!! We are forever grateful for all of you!

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/04/2018

Get married here!

When we first started getting in contact with venues in Lake Placid, I was a bit dismayed. That was until I spoke with Alex at the Golden Arrow. Not only was she friendly, organized, and communicative, but I could count on her to set expectations, follow through, and stay in touch throughout the process. Having a destination wedding, you want to work with someone you can trust, and Alex was by far the most trustworthy and reliable venue event coordinator we met. It was easy to set up times to visit and speak with her. She worked closely with us to make the wedding an event that was truly ours. She was up front with what could and couldn't be done, and she was amazing to have the day-of to coordinate with our planner and make sure everything went well. Natasha, the reception coordinator, was also absolutely amazing to work with. She kept us informed and updated throughout the process, worked well with our timeline, was flexible when we moved things around, and was there the night of to ensure everything went according to plan. The hotel was gorgeous and clean, the ceremony was BEAUTIFUL overlooking the lake, the reception was perfect, and our guests just raved about the food. I am beyond thrilled that we got married at the Arrow, and would highly, highly recommend working with them! If you want folks who are communicative, friendly, and organized, you should absolutely get married here. Plus, the location was just amazing - right on the lake and right on the main street, so our guests could visit and enjoy the town easily. I can't say enough good things about the Arrow, Alex, and Natasha. Get married here!!

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole R. · Married on 10/14/2018

Perfect day

Working with Alex at the Golden Arrow and Natasha at Generations made the day so stress free. The ceremony, venue, and food was all amazing. Our guests all had a great weekend thanks to the staff there.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort's reply:

Dear Nicole,

We are so happy to have been part of such a big day in your life. Knowing that we made your wedding day and experience with us stress free, warms our hearts. That is our goal every time.

We wish you and Adam a wonderful life together. Can't wait to see you both in the future.

All the Best,
    Alex Hanlon
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/29/2018

I cannot say enough good things about this venue. Our entire experience from beginning to end was phenomenal. If I have to start somewhere, it's gotta be with Alex. In the beginning stages of wedding planning, I was so stressed and didn't know where to start. Once I met Alex and said yes to the venue, all my worries were gone. Myself and my family were all put at ease fast! I will forever be grateful to her and am happy to have gained a friendship from this experience. As this was a destination wedding, five hours from home, Alex was on top of everything and made it all so easy. The entire team at Golden Arrow including Brandon, Alex, and Natasha made our day truly special and the entire event went without a hitch! Everything was literally PERFECT. Our ceremony was outside with the Adirondack Mountains as our backdrop, the cocktail hour was held on top of the boathouse, and we had the reception inside the Generation Restaurant. The bridal suite is also so beautiful and we were lucky to have such a great space to get ready in! I am a huge foodie and I have to rave about the food. Everything was so yummy. Be sure to get the coconut shrimp for an hor d'oeuvre - I still cannot get over how delicious they were! Customer service truly says a lot about a business and this team deserves to be recognized. I will say it again, outstanding customer service and the staff is second to none. We will definitely be back!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2018

Amazing! The golden arrow hosted our guests and ceremony for our Labor Day wedding this year and I could not be more pleased! Alex and Brandon were so easy to work with and really had our best interest at heart. They made the event feel so laid back and effortless for me as a bride. The rehearsal lunch and post wedding brunch were both delicious as well. Honestly could not ask for a more magical and serene venue for a Lake Placid wedding!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Juliana · Married on 09/01/2018

We had our ceremony with Golden Arrow on 9.1.18 and could NOT have been happier with the venue and the staff.

Alex & Brandon are a pleasure to work with – they have amazing attention to detail and ensured everything went smoothly from start to finish. Their spot on mirror lake is GORGEOUS. Couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/28/2018

Golden Arrow hosted our out of town guests and our farewell brunch for our wedding weekend, and we couldn't have been more pleased with their care and service. Every person that I worked with there went above and beyond their line of duty - even giving us additional vendor recommendations as we were planning from out of town! Alex was so attentive and helpful always and we never felt she was too busy for our questions or needs. The front desk also made sure to be well informed of our wedding details so that they could inform guests as needed. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and an absolute relief knowing we were staying in a beautiful space with an overextension of care.

Sent on 08/10/2018

Hae J. · Married on 06/09/2018

We worked with Alex Hanlon to coordinate hosting all of our wedding guests at Golden Arrow. Throughout this process, she was very responsive, very easy to talk to, and very effective in meeting all of our requests. She made recommendations not to sell a service and was never pushy or made me feeling bad at all. Not only does she have a really great personality, she does a superb job of communicating, checking in with us, and responding to our concerns, our family's concerns, and our friend's concerns. She coordinated getting all of our hotel rooms organized including many wonderful suites. I really enjoyed staying in the Tabletop suite to get ready with my five bridesmaids and two mothers. It was the perfect getting ready room with lots of natural light. Alex even organized to get an extremely large mirror, champagne glasses, cutlery in our room. Above all, she does this with such a genuine spirit of helping the couple who is extremely busy planning their wedding. Our guests who flew in from Los Angeles to Boston and NYC all loved this destination and especially the Golden Arrow. There is such a wonderful family friendly and hospitable, non commercial feel to this resort that does not go unnoticed. We also got engaged in Lake Placid and on our engagement, they made us feel very special with personalized care and special attention with personalized notes and gifts. They were wonderful also when we stayed there during our wedding with more personalized notes. I will forever remember the Golden Arrow and what a warm, welcoming feeling came over all our guests staying here. From the front desk who were joking and very friendly to the housekeeping staff who always smiled and welcomed us to the watercraft rental staff and anyone who answered my many phone calls to make hotel reservations, thank you so much! Also our guests enjoyed Generations very much. It was a very wonderful to have all our guests stay at the Golden Arrow.

Sent on 06/26/2018