Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort Reviews

Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort 7
  • Kayleigh

Kayleigh · Married on 08/16/2019

Be Ready to Be Treated Like Royalty

From the moment we walked into the Golden Arrow, we were taken care of. We were staying 1 night (the night of our Rehearsal “cocktail party” that we were throwing on their Boathouse) and then using the Black Forest Room as the bridal room for the morning of the wedding. I had selected another venue before I had even met Alex at the Golden Arrow, and honestly if I had met her previously I probably would have had my wedding there. The set up they did for our Rehearsal “cocktail party” on the Boathouse was seriously magical. I had dropped off some simple decorations earlier to Alex and Brandon and they were so accommodating to use them during set up. They even let us in early to basically take over their office with all our stuff for the next day as well. They really know what they are doing and know how to treat their guests in an amazing way while doing so. They made us feel very special and any worries that we might have had completely melted away. I couldn’t believe the set up for the Rehearsal but also the next day on the morning of our wedding. The Black Forest Room space is simply gorgeous, and Brandon was in and out all day making sure we had water, utensils, etc. I would 100% recommend staying at the Golden Arrow while in LP, but also if you have any size event. They treated us like royalty and we weren’t even having our wedding there, so I can imagine how amazing they treat you at your actual wedding!! Alex was extremely responsive during the entire planning process and was able to provide guidance and solutions to any problems that came up. Go with this team for your event – you won’t be disappointed!!! Thank you Alex and Brandon!!!!

Sent on 08/27/2019
    Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort 12
  • Christine

Christine Tucker · Married on 07/14/2019

Picture perfect

We had an exceptional experience with Golden Arrow! Alex and staff made our dreams come true and helped us to have a perfect wedding. They are so friendly, helpful, accommodating and knowledgeable. Our friends and family were also very pleased with the venue. We look forward to continuing to make memories at Golden Arrow.

Sent on 08/04/2019
    Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort 13
    Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort 14
    Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort 15
    Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort 16

Jacob Bird · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely Top Notch

We held our wedding on the lawn lakeside at Golden Arrow recently and cannot day enough good things about the venue, staff, food and service, everything was top notch. Our wedding planner Alex, Natasha, restaurant manager of Generations where we held our reception, and the entire staff at GA went above and beyond throughout the whole process to ensure our special day was everything we hoped it would be, and it exceeded our expectations. This is a family run operation and you feel that personal accountability and effort in everything they do. We would highly recommend anyone hosting a wedding, staying for a weekend or even just looking for great food to go to GA, we certainly became loyal lifelong customers!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Stephanie · Married on 05/11/2019

Room block

Working with Alexandra is amazing. She is efficient and kept me up to date with the progress. Hotel rooms are clean and beautiful!

Sent on 04/12/2019

Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort's reply:

Hey Stephaine,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It has been a pleasure to work with you.
    Wedding planning can be overwhelming, and our goal is to make the group blocking process mindless, so it is one less thing you have to worry about. So happy to know that we have did just that for you.

All the Best,
    Alexandra Hanlon

Susan Smith · Married on 01/05/2019

Treated like royalty!

My expectations were exceeded at the Golden Arrow for my daughter's wedding. Alex ,Brandon and Natasha were wonderful to work with and are a great team. If I had another daughter I would not hesitate to do it again at the Golden Arrow. Any issues were taken care of immediately. No detail was overlooked. We were treated like royalty.

Sent on 01/13/2019
    Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort 17

Amanda Austin · Married on 12/08/2018

Best day ever!!

From beginning to end, Alex worked with us to make sure our day was everything we wanted. Planning from a distance (about 4 hours) was a breeze. Alex was quick to respond to any questions we had and was professional and easy going. The girls got ready in the Black Forest room and it was the perfect getting ready space. We had our ceremony on top of the boathouse and it was absolutely breathtaking. Our reception at Generations restaurant was beautiful, and the food was delicious. Natasha the restaurant manager, was great and quickly answered many emails (on my end) to help plan the best layout of the reception space for all of our guests. Having a destination wedding, it was a priority to have the ceremony, reception and hotel rooms all in one place. And being on Main Street is a plus because you can walk to anything in town. Many of our guests commented how all of the staff were so friendly and accommodating. We couldn’t recommend the Golden Arrow enough and are so thankful for all of the staff who made our day absolutely perfect!! We are forever grateful for all of you!

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole Riddell · Married on 10/14/2018

Perfect day

Working with Alex at the Golden Arrow and Natasha at Generations made the day so stress free. The ceremony, venue, and food was all amazing. Our guests all had a great weekend thanks to the staff there.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort's reply:

Dear Nicole,

We are so happy to have been part of such a big day in your life. Knowing that we made your wedding day and experience with us stress free, warms our hearts. That is our goal every time.

We wish you and Adam a wonderful life together. Can't wait to see you both in the future.

All the Best,
    Alex Hanlon
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/29/2018

I cannot say enough good things about this venue. Our entire experience from beginning to end was phenomenal. If I have to start somewhere, it's gotta be with Alex. In the beginning stages of wedding planning, I was so stressed and didn't know where to start. Once I met Alex and said yes to the venue, all my worries were gone. Myself and my family were all put at ease fast! I will forever be grateful to her and am happy to have gained a friendship from this experience. As this was a destination wedding, five hours from home, Alex was on top of everything and made it all so easy. The entire team at Golden Arrow including Brandon, Alex, and Natasha made our day truly special and the entire event went without a hitch! Everything was literally PERFECT. Our ceremony was outside with the Adirondack Mountains as our backdrop, the cocktail hour was held on top of the boathouse, and we had the reception inside the Generation Restaurant. The bridal suite is also so beautiful and we were lucky to have such a great space to get ready in! I am a huge foodie and I have to rave about the food. Everything was so yummy. Be sure to get the coconut shrimp for an hor d'oeuvre - I still cannot get over how delicious they were! Customer service truly says a lot about a business and this team deserves to be recognized. I will say it again, outstanding customer service and the staff is second to none. We will definitely be back!

Sent on 10/13/2018
    Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort 18
    Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort 19
    Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort 20

jessica · Married on 09/02/2018

Amazing! The golden arrow hosted our guests and ceremony for our Labor Day wedding this year and I could not be more pleased! Alex and Brandon were so easy to work with and really had our best interest at heart. They made the event feel so laid back and effortless for me as a bride. The rehearsal lunch and post wedding brunch were both delicious as well. Honestly could not ask for a more magical and serene venue for a Lake Placid wedding!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Juliana · Married on 09/01/2018

We had our ceremony with Golden Arrow on 9.1.18 and could NOT have been happier with the venue and the staff.

Alex & Brandon are a pleasure to work with – they have amazing attention to detail and ensured everything went smoothly from start to finish. Their spot on mirror lake is GORGEOUS. Couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/28/2018

Golden Arrow hosted our out of town guests and our farewell brunch for our wedding weekend, and we couldn't have been more pleased with their care and service. Every person that I worked with there went above and beyond their line of duty - even giving us additional vendor recommendations as we were planning from out of town! Alex was so attentive and helpful always and we never felt she was too busy for our questions or needs. The front desk also made sure to be well informed of our wedding details so that they could inform guests as needed. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and an absolute relief knowing we were staying in a beautiful space with an overextension of care.

Sent on 08/10/2018

Hae Jin · Married on 06/09/2018

We worked with Alex Hanlon to coordinate hosting all of our wedding guests at Golden Arrow. Throughout this process, she was very responsive, very easy to talk to, and very effective in meeting all of our requests. She made recommendations not to sell a service and was never pushy or made me feeling bad at all. Not only does she have a really great personality, she does a superb job of communicating, checking in with us, and responding to our concerns, our family's concerns, and our friend's concerns. She coordinated getting all of our hotel rooms organized including many wonderful suites. I really enjoyed staying in the Tabletop suite to get ready with my five bridesmaids and two mothers. It was the perfect getting ready room with lots of natural light. Alex even organized to get an extremely large mirror, champagne glasses, cutlery in our room. Above all, she does this with such a genuine spirit of helping the couple who is extremely busy planning their wedding. Our guests who flew in from Los Angeles to Boston and NYC all loved this destination and especially the Golden Arrow. There is such a wonderful family friendly and hospitable, non commercial feel to this resort that does not go unnoticed. We also got engaged in Lake Placid and on our engagement, they made us feel very special with personalized care and special attention with personalized notes and gifts. They were wonderful also when we stayed there during our wedding with more personalized notes. I will forever remember the Golden Arrow and what a warm, welcoming feeling came over all our guests staying here. From the front desk who were joking and very friendly to the housekeeping staff who always smiled and welcomed us to the watercraft rental staff and anyone who answered my many phone calls to make hotel reservations, thank you so much! Also our guests enjoyed Generations very much. It was a very wonderful to have all our guests stay at the Golden Arrow.

Sent on 06/26/2018

Keelin · Married on 06/08/2018

There’s so much I love about the Golden Arrow I don’t know where to start! If I had to draft a list of “What Makes the Golden Arrow Awesome” top of that list is Alex! We worked with her for our room blocks for our wedding guests and planning our pre-wedding party. She was AMAZING! We got engaged at the Golden Arrow and REALLY wanted to incorporate it into our wedding beyond just having room blocks there, and Alex was wonderful at creating options for us to have a wedding welcome party there. The Golden Arrow seemed like the perfect fit for a welcome party and and the fact that Alex was such a pleasure to deal with solidified the choice for us to host an event with them. We had a party for around 50 people and by the end of the night we had guests saying to us “this is amazing! We can’t believe this isn’t even the wedding yet!”, that’s how awesome of a welcome party they put together! Alex was 100% on the ball and made the stress of trying to plan an event from 3 hours away effortless. Yes, you heard me. Effortless. Her responses were so timely and she knew my needs before I even knew what my needs were! What I had expected to be a very overwhelming process was a piece of cake thanks to her! We booked the back room of Generations restaurant and it was the most ideal location! It was plenty of space for everyone to mingle and take in the gorgeous views. I have Celiacs disease and Alex even went as far to make sure I had my own plate of food I could eat even though our menu wasn’t exclusively gluten free! They left no detail untouched! If you’re looking for a wedding venue or a pre-wedding venue do yourself a favor and book the Golden Arrow!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Michele · Married on 06/19/2017

We got married at the Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort on June 17, 2017 and could not have asked for a better wedding. The hotel and venue are absolutely breathtaking! Equally as important was the extraordinary experience created by the staff. Brandon, Alex, Natasha, and the rest of the team were nothing short of spectacular! Every expectation that we had was exceeded.

This team was exemplary in every sense of the word! Communication was timely, coordination with vendors was seamless, and any questions or concerns were addressed with the utmost thoughtfulness and professionalism. They truly valued our business and were genuinely committed to ensuring our wedding day was perfect.

From providing celebratory champagne and creating an allergen free menu, to customizing the reception layout to accommodate our specific party needs, the restaurant delivered… and the food was phenomenal! Guests raved about the atmosphere, the culinary creations and the stellar customer service that was provided by the staff. Our get ready rooms were gorgeous, overlooking the serenity of Lake Mirror nestled in the Adirondack Mountains.

Words will never be able to express how truly grateful we are, as our wedding day was over and beyond! Our wonderful experiences and interactions we had while staying at the Golden Arrow will always be fondly remembered and we will certainly be back to visit and celebrate in the future. The Golden Arrow will always have our highest regard and anyone would be lucky to have their wedding celebration at this resort.

Sent on 08/04/2017

Rebecca · Married on 12/03/2016

The Sales Group and staff here are superb! So easy to work with. They helped coordinate our wedding day, and it was just amazing. Everything was perfect-from the rooms to the food, no detail was over looked! If you're looking for a great place to host your wedding, or any event, I highly recommend this resort! Top notch!

Sent on 12/19/2016