The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa Reviews

The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa 3
The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa 4
The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa 5

Stephanie Stanley · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazingly, beautiful wedding on the pier

We wanted a beautiful, small wedding by the water and we got even better than we wanted at the Godfrey! The wedding coordinator there, Madison Downs, was absolutely amazing and made sure everything was how we wanted. They were so flexible and the pier was the most beautiful setting for a wedding. We had the ceremony and an hors d’oeuvres and cocktails reception all on the pier. It was perfect! Our suite was amazing and everyone was super accommodating!

The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa 6
    The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa 11
    Sent on 05/30/2019

Blair · Married on 03/28/2019

Morning Pier Wedding

I just got married on 3/28/19. This is a perfect spot for an outdoor wedding. The Godfrey has a beautiful pier that is directly on the bay and the room for the reception has floor to ceiling windows that look over the water. Madison was amazing and she was able to make my special day perfect. I could not have asked for better service!

The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa 12
    Sent on 04/08/2019

The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa's reply:

Thank you so much Blair for the sweet review. We love how intimate your wedding was. We wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness! :)

George H · Married on 11/23/2018

Excellent Experience!

We had a terrific time planning our wedding with Madison. The result was wonderful! Our small group was well served, and we had a lot of fun.

Sent on 12/04/2018

The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa's reply:

Thank you so much George for your sweet review. I am so happy that you enjoyed everything. Your group may have been small but they were so very fun! We wish you both nothing but love and happiness!

Lindsay · Married on 11/17/2018

Highly recommend this venue

Let me start off by saying that we originally booked our wedding through the Doubletree Suites by Hilton at Rocky point one year in advance of our wedding date (approximately 120 guests, most of whom were traveling from out of town). Approximately 11 days before our wedding we received a phone call from the Doubletree that they could no longer host our wedding in their reception tent given issues with their inspection. We were absolutely devastated s our dream wedding was falling apart with less than two weeks to go. We started reaching out to other venues that fit our dream wedding criteria (outside ceremony and waterfront reception) and fortunately the Godfrey hotel and Cabanas was able to graciously make room for our event even with the last minutes notice. Not only did the Godfrey take on our wedding last minute but our venue contact, Madison Downs, did everything she could to make sure our big day was everything that we had dreamed of and for that I am truly thankful. We ended up having our ceremony on their pier overlooking the water and it was absolutely gorgeous, better than I could have ever imagined. For the reception, they closed off their entire restaurant so they could host our reception in an area that had water views. I could not be more pleased with how everything turned out. All in all, our wedding ended up being so much better than we could have ever imagined and we owe it all to the Godfrey staff. With 11 days they were able to get 30+ guest rooms switched from our first venue into their hotel, provide a layout of our reception area, replicate all of the food and apps that we originally picked out and more. I highly recommend using this venue. Their pier ceremony and waterside reception areas are stunning and the staff was fantastic to work with. In addition, I was extremely impressed with the timeliness of their communication given how many questions we threw at them as we were planning a full blown wedding with them with less than two weeks to go!

Sent on 12/27/2018

The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsay for your kind words! We are so happy that we were able to help you have the most beautiful wedding day! We wish you both a lifetime of love an happiness!

Josette · Married on 11/30/2014

When trying to find a great location on a budget in the Tampa look here!! We had the entire event there, ceremony on their beautiful huge pier, cocktails hour by the bay, and the reception in a simple yet beautiful ballroom. Everything really flowed together nicely. We had a beautiful wedding!! Carl was amazing and helped with everything!! Their chef Tim really made the most of the food and there was something for everyone!! We would highly recommend this location!

Sent on 12/02/2014

my husband and I had our ceremony on the beautiful pier on the water at the best western and out reception at hogans beach next door, all the staff was so helpful and were there every step of the way with anything we needed or needed to change. The pier was so beautiful we had around 125 people and there was so much space and extra room to add more people, they power washed the deck before the wedding and let us decorate it however we wanted and even provided an arch. The wedding coordinator and her assistant were so nice, they made sure we had a complimentary room for me and my bridesmaids to get ready , it overlooked the water and the pier we were getting married in, the room was huge and made it so much easier with all the hair and makeup artists and everyone getting ready.Our reception was next door at hogans restaurant the room is huge all glass windows that overlooks the water and they also blocked off the patio outside of the room for our guests also to sit, it was beautiful. The banquet manager carl was so nice and so helpful with the food choices,the food was absolutely fantastic all the guests talked about how delicious it was after the wedding . We had pasta station with chefs that cooked everything in front of you. Everything was so perfect and we are so happy that thanks to everyone at the bay harbor hotel and hogans restaurant. The views from the pier and reception room were so beautiful, They provided linen/silverware/tables/chairs and even had centerpieces we could use if needed, for such a beautiful wedding with such a great view on the water there prices are much less than if you were having your wedding on treasure island or saint pete beach. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone that is looking for a tropical wedding.

Sent on 11/25/2014

Dannielle · Married on 05/08/2014

We had a fantastic experience at BHBW! Tracey and her staff were amazing! With only three weeks to plan a wedding, they really helped us pull all of the last-minute details together. Everyone was extremely helpful and professional, and we could not have asked for more. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful, the reception was wonderful, and we are STILL getting compliments on how great the food was! We were also given access to a hospitality room, which made the day run much smoother. Tracey took wonderful care of us, and really made our stressful day easy. Thanks to Tracey and her staff, our sunny BHBW wedding was easy, fun, and gorgeous!!!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Jennifer Anne Statkus · Married on 11/09/2019

Wedding went flawlessly

We booked the godfrey for our wedding. Having Madison our wedding coordinator was so helpful. She was always responsive and made the day of stress free. The pier was a great stage for our wedding pictures. The only problem we had was after the wedding. We were so excited that they had a pool side bar open till 1-2am so our guests could continue the party after the wedding. But there was some event out there and we were told we could not access the area unless we paid a cover charge (even though we just had the wedding there). The night before there was no cover charge so it was just a little confusing. The music that night was not our taste.

The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas Tampa 13
    Sent on 11/11/2019

dominique · Married on 11/09/2016

0.4
      0.5

Steer clear of this place!This was by far the BIGGEST mistake of my life, not to mention of our wedding!From loosing room reservations to my guests arriving & having to set up decorations, it was a MESS!!!No one has any idea what's going on there, the front desk is clueless & the management is just as bad!For an entire year I heard "don't worry, we got you, it will be perfect, trust me".BIG mistake, because down to the lat second before walking down the isle I was in tears!It was a mess, and the sad part is that I am very organized & detailed.I had every single element of the wedding in a detailed outline, down to what candles needed to be lit! And they screwed EVERYTHING up, the last 2 hours prior to walking the isle when I need my bridesmaids most, they were actually setting up the ballroom because the staff is in-compitant of anything!Out of the entire place there is 1 person dependable and he was demoted so his hands are tied! I'm telling you no matter how perfect the views are or how reasonable priced it is, don't do it!!! You will regret it like we do!!!!

Sent on 11/17/2016