23 Reviews for Gertrude's Restaurant

Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
23 Gertrude's Restaurant Reviews

My husband and I had our ceremony (in their garden) and reception at Gertrude's and they provided an AMAZING wedding experience. Seriously, our wedding day was better than we ever could have imagined and we're super picky! Emily was very easy to work with, extremely accommodating, and always answered emails promptly. I would absolutely recommend Gertrude's for a stress-free wedding day that your guests will absolutely remember.

Profile Picture Sophie, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From what I understand Gertrude's is not a wedding venue many people consider when exploring all of the different wedding options in Baltimore. I know it was not one initially on my radar, but when our original venue fell through, our wedding planner Kate, connected us to Gertrude's and literally they put together the greatest wedding I could imagine. Everything was perfect (food, decor, staff, etc). They worked with us to customize everything we could think of and the food was the best food I've ever eaten at a wedding. I can't recommend this place enough.

Profile Picture Lee, 3/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you don't choose Gertrude's to host your wedding day, you're making a huge mistake! Everything was absolutely perfect! The food, the service, the venue, the atmosphere, the people, the process, the accommodations, everything! It was the most perfect and intimate location to host our wedding. I wouldn't change a thing...other than it went to fast! I can't thank Gertrude's enough for making our day so incredibly special and better than I could have ever imagined it to be!

Profile Picture Melanie, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

everyone was available, professional, knowledgable, and flexible

Profile Picture alia, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

This past week my daughter had her wedding ceremony and reception at Gertrude's Restaurant at the BMA. The entire event was absolutely magical! Regarding the wedding ceremony, as my one friend observed, seeing my daughter cross the fountain over the large steps to her intended was so symbolic and beautiful. The complimentary water and lemonade served was also such a nice touch. Watching the wedding, every seat had the best possible view; no one missed a beat, and we could hear every word! Yet what feature impressed me the most was how professional and caring the whole entire Gertrude's team was during the whole evening. Once the wedding ceremony was over, the chairs were placed back as the butlered drinks and appetizers were being served: no mobbed waiting lines at the bars. The fountains were turned back on; the candle lanterns were lite allowing for the guests to wonder and to admire the sculptures. The dinner menu was impeccable! Guest after guest continued to say, "this food is the best that I have ever eaten at a wedding!" At first we thought that everyone was being polite until we got calls again from different guests saying the exact same thing. The food was fresh and absolutely delicious, plus varied so that guests could select what they wished to suit their own palettes. If a glass was put down, it was immediately pick up. If a plate was emptied, it was immediately taken. The staff worked seamlessly. My one friend is in charge of conventions; she stated that the Gertrude's team was such an A team; everyone was very very impressed. Gertrude's knows how to do weddings. Each section of the wedding flowed into the other without any delay making each guest feel as if they had their very own valet. The evening was so, so special. When it came time to dance after dinner, the fountains were glowing as the breezes were blowing in from the gardens. Every guest felt as if he was in a magical garden. All said,"this is the best wedding I have ever been too!"

Profile Picture Gina, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Gertrude's made our wedding dreams come true! It was the most magical night of our life thanks to the care and love this venue poured into all the details of our day! From the service to the food, even the little details of the floating candles around the fountain, Gertrude's made our day so special! Our guests keep talking about the food and the service, four days later! Thank you for not only making this day special for my husband and I but also special for our friends and family! Everyone had a blast and everyone felt at home! The venue was intimate but also spacious! People were able to move around to all the different areas of the garden and the indoor dining room and outdoor terrace. It was so perfect! My husband and I can't wait to come back and have dinner and reminisce! Thank you Gertrude's!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

Highly recommended! Gertrude's wasn't actually my first-choice venue--since I'm a regular customer, I was worried it wouldn't seem special enough--but in the end it turned out to be the absolute perfect choice for us. Emily is so professional and organized. The food was even better than a typical Gertrude's dinner--I'm not sure how they do it. The space was also somehow transformed and more magical than usual. I suppose it could have just been my bride goggles, but I don't think so! The staff was excellent. They even sent us home with all the leftovers (including cake)!! I really have nothing negative to say. Lots of positive feedback from the guests, too!

Profile Picture Nadia, 6/10/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound

Our wedding at Gertrude's was amazing! It was everything we had hoped for - the food was delicious, staff was wonderful, setting was beautiful and we were able to personalize it to meet our needs.
Emily, our coordinator, helped us design the menu that worked perfectly within our budget as well as reflected our tastes and favorite places to our guests.
The only downside was that there is no one guiding the ceremony - so you are responsible for doing your rehearsal and cueing your wedding party when to go for entrance. Not a huge deal, but something to make sure you are aware of an ok with since there will not be someone signaling for music change, etc.. so you must plan accordingly.
Because of the outdoor space the dance floor never felt too crowded and guests were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery when they needed to cool down or wanted a quieter space to chat. Gertrude's was truly amazing!!

Profile Picture Meagan, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Emily was fantastic! Loved the setting. Delicious food and we lucked out with fabulous weather! Great setting for a classy and intimate ceremony. Everyone had a wonderful time. Thank You for making our day so very special!

Profile Picture RONI, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

What a wonderful experience! From our first meeting until the day itself, Emily was always available and responsive too our every whim.

Profile Picture rene, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was so beautiful, the food was amazing, and everything went off without a hitch. Our wedding was a spectacular event, and will forever be remembered as one of the best nights of my life. Emily helped make everything go flawlessly, and made us feel so much at ease. Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Tom, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We highly recommend Gertrudes as a venue for your special occasion. From initial inquires, straight through to the event itself, we were met with nothing less than true professionalism, culminating in an exceptional experience, all stress free.

Profile Picture User6973489, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We are so excited to have our rehearsal dinner at Gertrude's! John has been super helpful and accommodating! My fiance, his parents, and I had dinner there and the food was delicious! The venue is very unique and fits perfectly with our "wedding theme"!

Profile Picture Glenn, 5/9/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding reception here and couldn't have asked for a better experience. Michelle was so easy to work with and was very professional. We had a lot of strange requests and they were all met. We dropped the center pieces and other things off earlier in the day and the staff did a great job of setting everything up for us. Not to mention the food was delicious!

Profile Picture Nadya, 4/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gertrude's could not have been a more perfect place for our rehearsal dinner. It was an easy and stress-free experience with delicious food and great ambiance. The setting is beautiful outside in the garden with the fountain and the sculptures along with the flowers. John and his team did all of the work for us, including printing out beautiful menus for each of our guests and making honest recommendations on what we should serve. They took care of the setup of our slideshow, and the servers were on point with making sure everyone had something to eat or drink at all times.

Profile Picture Courtney, 5/31/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Simply amazing to work with during the pre-visit, planning stages, tasting dinner and the day of the wedding. They made special accommodations for my gluten free guests and everyone was shocked at that level of attention to their needs. The layout of the venue is ideal for a reception (or any party.) The Sculpture Garden and patio and tented area was ideal for the Cocktail portion of the event, and then we all moved inside to the restaurant for dinner, toasts, cake cutting. The meals were served efficiently and each guest was allowed to place their own order from our selected menu of five different meals. One of the BIG advantages of having the dinner here for us was the level of personalization we were able to do…the menu choices we could offer was literally more than 25 pages! This beats getting a beef/chicken/pork option where you have to know 6 weeks in advance what you want to choose on an RSVP card!! My one regret is that they served the tables in order of number…but we had three tables along the banquet that served as our "head table" to accommodate all of our family members, and one of the tables was served last instead of with the other two "head" tables. Unfortunately, it was also the only tables with children so in hindsight I would have had them served right away instead of last. Be sure to specify with Emily and Jean how you want the servings to go and they will happily pay attention to your needs.
The appetizers, drink/bar setup, dinner, and dessert station (ice cream bar) were all beautifully prepared and delicious. We have had so many compliments about the venue, the food, the atmosphere. We could not have been more pleased with our choice.

p.s. During the summer of 2014, the Baltimore Museum of Art is undergoing renovations that have the bathrooms inside the building closed. There is a portable bathroom trailer unit (think upscale, not a PortaPotty.) Don't let that deter you from booking the venue. Not ideal but a deal breaker for the most part.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/31/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The room was warm, inviting and beautiful.

Profile Picture steven, 5/27/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very Beautiful, VERY helpful !
Thank you !

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/12/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gertrude's was the ideal venue for our wedding. They were easy to work with, always quick to respond to emails or phone calls, flexible with our ideas, and very professional. We had a great time sampling food for the reception and Chef John Shields was receptive to our menu choices. The day of the wedding Camille was on top of everything so we could relax and actually enjoy the day. The waitstaff was so professional you didn't even know they were there. Things went so smoothly and we had so many compliments on the food and the beauty of the location. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/19/09, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gertrude's is an exceptional venue for a wedding. Between the gardens, the fountain, and the beautiful decor of the restaurant our wedding looked like a fairytale. The food, service, and staff was extraordinary!

Profile Picture Kara, 5/4/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Emily and Jean were very responsive and helpful throughout the process of planning our wedding reception at Gertrude's. We did a cocktail-style reception with heavy hors d'oeuvres and a bit of stationed food, which they did not have a pre-planned outline or menu for, but they were able to adapt and help us plan a meal/pricing plan that we were all happy with. A real highlight was the dessert table (everything was so delicious) and also the bartenders who crafted drinks individually all night for our 30's-bourbon/cocktail-loving friend group. We brought our own centerpieces instead of having a florist, and the Gertrude's staff were VERY helpful in setting them up for us (usually the florist does the centerpiece set-up). Unfortunately, we couldn't deliver bring them by more than 2 hours in advance due to lack of storage at the restaurant, so that was a small but not terrible challenge. Finally, the day of, our guests and my husband and I were treated great by all the staff, and we had an incredibly fun party!

Profile Picture User4090320, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
4.3

Gertrude's in the Baltimore Museum of Art is an absolutely beautiful and unique setting for a small, intimate wedding reception. The indoor restaurant is already beautifully decorated so needs minimal additional decorations, and the best part is that you get the outside garden/fountains for your event as well. All of my guests felt the venue was very intimate, classy, and sophisticated, and they outdoor garden added a very romantic touch. Candles placed indoors and outdoors made the entire place have a warm, romantic glow. Another major advantage of having your reception in a restaurant known for its upscale seafood, is that yo know your food will be great. We had a lot of seafood and options for our guests, and the food's taste and portions were five star. Everyone complimented us on having our wedding in such a sophisticated setting with fabulous food. The only major flaws to this venue is that you aren't guaranteed a dedicated dressing room/bathroom for you to change in (after I had booked my event, I found out there was another event going on upstairs, so I had to share a changing room with them). Also, they were very strict and stuck with the contract I signed. Immediately at 10pm, they abruptly stopped my reception music, turned on the lights, and started cleaning up...even when there were still several guests present. It would've been nice if the staff discretely notified me that the event was drawing to a close rather than just stop everything abruptly. Other than that, I don't have any complaints about the actual venue/location...it's the perfect venue for a smaller, classy, romantic, and sophisticated reception.

Profile Picture Jenny, 8/31/11, 5 Reviews