Georgetown Bride Reviews

Georgetown Bride 7
  • W

Sylvia · Married on 09/21/2019

Flawless hair and makeup

I have no regrets hiring Georgetown Bride for my hair and makeup! Melissa did my makeup and it was flawless! I didn’t sleep much the night before and was worried that I would look tired in my wedding photos but Melissa somehow made me look completely well-rested! I’ve had makeup done before as a bridesmaid for other weddings by other makeup artists and felt that my makeup looked caked on. My makeup was somehow glamorous yet natural. Christian did my hair and it looked fantastic and stayed put the entire night. Highly recommend Georgetown Bride!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Laura · Married on 09/14/2019

Prompt, Organized, and Professional

Georgetown Bride is a one stop shop for all your wedding beauty needs, and their experience and expertise makes the entire process go smoothly and stress-free. My main priority in picking hair and make up professionals for our wedding was quality of products and the ability to have multiple people help and come to me. Georgetown Bride was an easy choice. I had the privilege of primarily working with Kelly (make up) and Christian (Hair). For my trial, they came to my house and we immediately were chatting and having a great time together. They made me feel comfortable and excited for my wedding- I couldn’t wait to get to hang out with them again! They made it stress free and gave me a natural look that was just dolled up enough for my wedding.
    For our wedding, a team of 4 people from Georgetown Bride came to my hotel room, promptly on time and immediately got set up and down to business. They had a streamlined process and knew what they were doing. They had the schedule ready to go and even knew when we were running a little ahead and gave me some more time to hang out rather than just rushing through everyone. They made us all feel comfortable and beautiful. Even the little flower girls had a wonderful time. I am definitely not someone who is accustomed to a lot of make up or anything, and I had no idea what I was really getting myself into, but they made the entire process go smoothly and made sure we were all ready on time and looking our best. They even saved time for any touch ups and did not leave until every single person was 100% happy with their hair and make up.
    I know a lot of people will search for individual make up and hair artists and worry that the bigger groups can’t do as good of a job as someone who is solo, but that can’t be further from the truth. Every professional with Georgetown Bride is EXCELLENT- and multitalented! One of the designated make up artists actually took on someone hair at one point and it looked fabulous. We got endless compliments on our hair and make up all night - not a single hair was out of place, and even after my now husband slammed cake into my face at the reception, even my makeup looked totally untouched. I couldn’t have been more impressed with them and their skills. We highly recommend them, especially for big groups!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Lara

Lara · Married on 09/14/2019

Wedding Hair & Make Up

I am SO happy I had Georgetown Bride for my wedding for both hair and makeup. Kelly was AMAZING. My make up was flawless. Even relatives I had that work in makeup said my make up could not have been any more perfect. All my bridesmaids looked natural but gorgeous, and they all felt like themselves, yet prettier. The staff that came with Kelly was excellent as well, super friendly, and very talented. Any hair style my bridesmaids asked for, they were able to do, and did it very well. Working with Melissa to coordinate everything was seamless and easy! I cannot thank Georgetown bride enough!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Brooke · Married on 07/13/2019

Stunning Hair/Make Up

I had 11 people get hair and make up done (including myself) and we all looked amazing! Our hair/make up looked natural but elegant for our black tie wedding. The staff listens well to what you want, will adjust as needed, and was really fun to work with. I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Kayt

Kayt Fitzmorris · Married on 04/28/2019

Audrey made me feel like a million bucks

I reached out to Georgetown Bride for my wedding hair and makeup, and I am so glad I did. Audrey was selected to do my trial and glam for the day-of, and she was so wonderful to work with. She understood what I wanted and made me feel more relaxed, plus she was just easy to be around. Can't recommend enough! Thank you Audrey!

Sent on 07/20/2019
    Georgetown Bride 8
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 11/10/2018

Best team ever!

Melissa and her team are absolutely AMAZING!!! They are extremely professional and talented and brought to life everyone's vision of what they wanted their hair & make-up to look like. Melissa did my hair & make-up for both the trial and day-of and it was absolutely perfect each time. I was BEYOND happy with the way I looked for my wedding day and I couldn't thank her & her team enough! HIGHLY recommend :) Well worth the price!

Sent on 12/13/2018
    Georgetown Bride 9
    Georgetown Bride 10
    Georgetown Bride 11

Anne · Married on 06/02/2018

As a wedding planner for almost 20years in Washington DC, I have always kept my eyes out for the best talent, service and fits for my clients. Melissa is so responsive and easy to work with for my clients and as a client. I chose Melissa for my own wedding day hair and make up and felt so special and like my prettiest possible self. They run in time, make it fun and relaxed and everyone always looks gorgeous not overly "done". Georgetown Bride is the best.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Campbell · Married on 05/26/2018

The hair and makeup stylists I had for my wedding worked for fox news and cnn...they did an AMAZING job and will make you look amazing. These girls are complete professionals and worth the money!

Sent on 06/27/2018
    Georgetown Bride 12
    Georgetown Bride 13
    Georgetown Bride 14

Elisabeth · Married on 12/30/2017

Melissa and her team made me and my entire bridal party feel absolutely beautiful! They did a wonderful job with hair and makeup styles that were classic, elegant and would last all day in the cold D.C. weather. They were also a complete joy to have with us in the bridal suite as we got ready for the big day. My mom, sisters and I just loved them. Melissa was also great to work with throughout the planning process. I knew as soon as I had my hair and makeup trial that I felt so confident hiring her and would love the results.

Sent on 05/10/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/23/2017

Working with Melissa was such a joy! She was extremely responsive to all my emails and questions leading up to our wedding and so much fun to be around during my trial and the day of. She truly cares about getting to know you as a person and not just a client and making you feel your best on your wedding day. We received so many compliments on our hair and makeup and everyone felt so beautiful all day and night. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Melissa!!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Charlotte · Married on 06/10/2017

My first experience with Georgetown Bride was during my sister's wedding. The team came all the way out to Taneytown, MD and did a great job with bridal party's hair and makeup. I don't like a lot of makeup, so I was particularly pleased with how they worked with me and ultimately made me feel beautiful and still myself. Since this experience was so positive, I decided to hire the team for my own wedding later that year. Definitely recommend Georgetown Bride to other brides out there.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Christina · Married on 05/28/2017

Melissa and her team at Georgetown Bride are absolutely amazing! I originally reached out to Melissa to have her do my hair and makeup for our engagement photos - As soon as she was finished I knew right away that there was no one else that I would trust to style me on my wedding day. I have never felt as beautiful as she made me feel. She is professional talented and a ton of fun to work with. I truly cannot say enough amazing things about this her and her company. Book them! You won’t be disappointed =)

Sent on 07/11/2017

Paige · Married on 05/27/2017

Melissa and her wonderful assistant did an amazing job with hair & make-up for my daughter's wedding. My daughter looked stunning and her hair and make-up held up even after a passing rain shower. It was a very busy bridal suite that morning, with 8 bridesmaids, mothers, and grandmother and they kept us all in schedule and seem to bring a sense of calm with them, which set the tone for the day!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Georgetown Bride's reply:

Thank you, Paige! Your girls were so much fun, and Abby was stunning! Xo

Sherri · Married on 05/20/2017

Melissa was great to work with and worked with the bride to come up with a hairstyle she was happy with and it lasted the entire evening! The team came to our hotel and were very accommodating!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Ericka · Married on 12/17/2016

Melissa Schwartz Jones is AMAZING! I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day thanks to Melissa. She is truly an expert at what she does. If I ever have another occasion that I need my hair and make-up done, I will not hesitate to call her. She was worth every penny.

Melissa is super easy to work with, down to earth, and a master at what she does. Her assistant, Christian (not sure if I am spelling that right) was also awesome. Christian did my Mother, sister, and Groom's hair. Melissa did my and my mother's make-up. The weather on the day of our wedding was very foggy and humid but everyone's hair and make-up stayed looking great through the whole day thanks to the expertise of these two ladies.

If you are looking for a hair and make-up artist Georgetown Bride is where your search should end. Melissa and her team are wonderful!

Sent on 02/23/2017

Cate · Married on 11/05/2016

Melissa did my hair and makeup for my wedding last Saturday and she is amazing!! I wasn't sure exactly what look I wanted and we ended up doing 2 trials to nail down the look prior to the big day. She was so helpful, accommodating, sweet and talented! Not only did she make me look like a model for my big day but she put all my nerves at ease and made it a truly special experience! I can not recommend Georgetown Bride enough!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Tara · Married on 10/23/2016

Melissa was the best vendor I worked with while planning my wedding! I appreciated how responsive she was via email. I felt like I didn't have to worry about her attention to detail at all. She did my hair and make-up for both my engagement photos and wedding photos. I loved loved loved how I looked in both. For the wedding, I showed her a picture of hair that I like and she replicated it to the tee. I highly recommend working with Georgetown Bride. It is so important to feel your best on your wedding day and Melissa helped me feel beautiful!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Caroline · Married on 10/22/2016

Melissa was AMAZING!! She did hair and makeup for my mom, my sister, and myself for my DC wedding. Melissa was incredibly professional throughout the whole wedding process. She listened to us and learned each of our personalities, and both her hair and makeup skills were unbelievable. I received so many compliments throughout the night and cannot wait to look back at pictures from the big day.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Cameron · Married on 10/08/2016

Melissa was absolutely FANTASTIC! I used her for my engagement photos and I couldn't have been happier with the result. I provided her with several inspiration pictures and she created exactly the look I was going for. My fiance couldn't stop complimenting me! Melissa is professional, sweet, and easy to work with. I highly recommend her and only wish that I booked her for my wedding day (I had already secured a wedding day hair/makeup team prior to my engagement shoot). Look no further!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2016

Melissa and her team were wonderful! I had a trial with another artist before finding Melissa, and left the prior trial thinking that the brides in the photos online were just prettier than I am or more photogenic. When I left my trial with Melissa, I felt like a bride in a magazine! My makeup looked very natural, but amazing. And I had no idea what to do with my very fine hair since my prior trial made my hair look flat and lifeless. Melissa created a beautiful style with very little direction from me. My hair and makeup looked incredible on the day of my wedding and held up very well in the weather. The day was misty/foggy, and we took numerous pictures outside before the ceremony, which we moved indoors. My hair and makeup looked great throughout!

The rest of her team was great too, and all my bridesmaids looked gorgeous.

Sent on 10/15/2016

Emily · Married on 07/03/2016

Book! Melissa is kind, professional, amazing at making a bride feel and look wonderful. She handled a sticky family personality situation on the day of the wedding with grace, and I am so grateful. The pictures came out beautifully, and I credit Melissa's skill with hair and make up.

Sent on 09/04/2016

Amanda · Married on 06/24/2016

Weeks after my wedding, my bridesmaids and family are still raving about Melissa and her team at Georgetown Bride! They were wonderful and very easy to work with. The trial I had with Melissa was so easy and she knew exactly what I wanted. I let my bridesmaids pick how they wanted their hair and make up and each one looked beautiful. The make up wasn't overdone and it highlighted my beautiful bridesmaids' features. It took less than 3 hours for the Georgetown bride team to do 3 flower girls, 3 junior bridesmaids, 5 bridesmaids, 1 bride, and they even kindly did my 92-year old grandmother's hair and make up. I loved how I still looked like me on my wedding day and the make up stayed on the entire time (which in humid DC in June is hard to do!).

Sent on 07/11/2016

M · Married on 06/24/2016

Melissa is a dream to work with, and I would highly recommend her!! We had a large group (the bride, 7 bridesmaids, 3 flower girls, and two grandmas) and Melissa came and brought four other makeup artists. Everyone - seriously! - everyone commented how beautiful the bride and bridesmaids looked!
    Georgetown Bride made everyone in the wedding look beautiful!

Sent on 08/15/2016

I am SO lucky to have had Melissa do my hair and makeup for my wedding. She was professional, supportive, patient and simply talented! She did not overly do-up my face, and really used the hair and makeup to enhance my natural features. She listened to what my concerns were, and was happy to help find solutions. It was truly a pleasure to work with Melissa and I cannot wait to see her again for my next event!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Elise · Married on 12/31/2015

The team of talented artists at Georgetown Bride were more then I could have hoped for. I have never felt more beautiful in my life; I looked polished and fresh but most importantly still like myself, just a more perfect and surprisingly photogenic version of myself and it lasted the whole night! There were many last minute changes on our big day including the location where we were getting ready, but the team was incredibly accommodating and everything went off without a hitch. They arrived right on time with an impressive and expansive collection of products and tools, our hotel room was suddenly as glamorous as the back stage of a fashion show, my bridesmaids felt like supermodels, it was so much fun. Christian styled the most adorable braided crown updo for my flower girl, everyone said she looked like an angel, and when Jasmine finished my grandmother's makeup, she was brought nearly to tears after seeing herself in the mirror, she said she hadn't felt that pretty since she was a girl, all the feels. Melissa was a joy to work with through every step of the process, coordination was a breeze (so refreshing, especially compared to some of my other vendors) and she always got back to me super fast even though I had one million questions and two million changes. I really just can't reccomend Georgetown Bride enough, if I could award more than 5 stars I would.

Sent on 06/26/2016