Garden Chateau Reviews

9 | Winter Garden, FL

9 Reviews for Garden Chateau

I used this venue to take some pre-wedding shots and I couldn't be more pleased with the settings and the overall service provided by the owner. She was very helpful whether it was suggesting poses, or having necessities on hand that we had forgotten (I.e jewelry, bouquet, props). She was very professional but at the same time made it a priority to make the event personal. I would highly recommend this to anyonel ooking for a venue.

Sent on 08/21/2014

Garden Chateau's reply:

We are so happy that you came to Garden Chateau for these bridal pictures! We can't wait to see them. Thank you so much for these kind comments.
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 08/02/2014

The Garden Chateau is absolutely amazing. We booked this venue in November and since then they have been nothing but courteous, helpful and kind. The venue is amazing and extremely beautiful. From the first day I laid eyes on this place I knew it was our perfect wedding location. Everything in one location and truly breath taking sights inside and out. Mindy and Steffani are truly gems to work with. They go above and beyond to help their couples and brides. We truly feel like we have gained family in them. They were always responsive and even helped with ideas. We could not have chosen a better place for our wedding thank you cannot describe how grateful and happy we are with the choice we made.

Sent on 08/09/2014

Garden Chateau's reply:

This couple was amazing to work with! They had such a beautiful vision for their wedding that came together wonderfully. We are so happy that they shared their special day with us at the Garden Chateau!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/11/2013

We used this venue for a Birthday party and absolutely LOVE it! The Garden Chateau is stunning. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating! The view is spectacular! I would definitely recommended the Garden Chateau to friend or use it for a future event.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Garden Chateau's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing these kind words. We are so happy you enjoyed your party!

Jamie · Married on 01/30/2016

This is a gorgeous piece of property. The Garden Chateau has differ areas to use for any thing you need. We renewed our 23 yr vows herein January .. Working with Stephanie was helpful from the time I went to look till the day of. Her partner could use more professional manners but all around a great venue. The candy bar they offer was not worth the money. But very nicely done. The lights were absolutely awesome.

Sent on 02/07/2016

Chris · Married on 08/20/2014

We just rented the Garden Chateau last night for one of their "Intimate Packages" to renew our wedding vows with just our close family. It was so nice to find a venue that we could bring in our own food since my husband's mother is an excellent cook. She was able to make tons of appetizers at home and keep them warm in the kitchen at the Garden Chateau. Even though it was supposed to be limited to 20 people, they happily let us have 25 for just a little more. (A few people RSVPed to let us know the day of! Have things not changed in the last 25 years? )

We held the ceremony in the Grand Room on the landing in the middle of the staircase with tons of candles. It was exactly the look I was going for. After the ceremony we piped in some soft music to listen to while we ate in the library with those HUGE windows giving us a view as the sunset. You just couldn't ask for a more beautiful and relaxing time to spend with your family celebrating the years.

If anyone is looking for a small, quiet gathering then this is the place for you. The venue was beautiful. The flowers were lovely. The cake was moist and delicious. The photographer was very friendly and professional. We can’t wait to see the pictures!

I guess the only knock I have against the venue was that it took a day or two for them to call us back when we first inquired but after that they were quick and responsive. I'm knocking them a star for that since we had to waste our time and look at other places first while waiting a call-back.

Sent on 08/21/2014

Garden Chateau's reply:

Chris, we are so happy that your renewal was everything you hoped for! Thank you for sharing these kind words!

We really loved this venue and the folks that run it. It's a beautiful estate house on 4 acres in beautiful Winter Garden. We searched all over Orlando for a venue like this and when we found it we fell in love.

Sent on 03/19/2014

Garden Chateau's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're so glad you had a great experience.

4.2

Gorgeous venue, so many options for an event. I had my reception here (no ceremony) and we stayed inside since it was August! They were great with my vendors (catering, chairs, florist) and very friendly. Just make sure you bring your own paper towels, dishrags, etc because they will charge you for using their supplies. Strongly recommend.

Sent on 11/21/2015

1.4
      2.5

Garden Chateau is beautiful but the responsiveness, or lack thereof after we signed our contract is what made me write this review. I don't want any other brides to go through the stress. Mindy and Steffani are pretty much impossible to get a hold of, emails I have sent out do not get returned and when phone calls are made no messages can be left due to the voicemail being full, for months. It is gorgeous but I wouldn't recommend this venue to anyone who likes to have the ability to communicate with the owners for questions.

Sent on 05/01/2016

Kimberly · Married on 08/16/2014

1.4
      0.5

First, I would like to say that the property itself is BEAUTIFUL. This is a review of the owners and their professionalism. The venue has nice spaces that could accommodate 100 guests. ( The venue is better for smaller more intimate weddings). They have a great library space. The entry hall is beautiful. The pool area is nice. The base fee is great, but be cautious. They say that they have chairs, tables linens, florals etc, but they actual outsource those and will inflate the price.
    My wedding was a few days ago so everything is fresh in my mind.
    The owners are nice, but be cautious about signing an agreement. Here is why:
    1.) Your vendors and guests are NOT ALLOWED to use the kitchen. Not even to rest food on the counters. Your caterer will have to use the garage to prepare serve food. My food was around lawn mowers and garage debris, motor oil etc.
    2.) You and your wedding planner will be responsible for cleaning the venue after the wedding is over. After the wedding was over my Wedding planner was given a check list that included that she and her crew had to mop the floors. Yes, I have pictures of my wedding planner mopping a floor on her hands and knees using a cloth ( the Venue does not provide any cleaning materials). After getting a phone call from her telling me this, I turned our car around & my new husband, myself and my mother, aunt, stepfather went back to the venue to help her clean because we felt horrible. I ended up cleaning counters & sweeping in my wedding dress. Honest truth. The owners, and their family also ate my food. I was then given a bill from the caterer for the food they ate. The day of my wedding while my bridesmaids and I were getting ready. Strangers saw us in our robes. It was very embarrassing. They are very controlling and my wedding planner had a terrible time working with them. It was not a great experience for me. I was very shocked by how rude they were to my guests, wedding planner and me.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Garden Chateau's reply:

We would like to thank you, Kimberly, for choosing the Garden Chateau as the venue for your wedding. You looked gorgeous and your ceremony was absolutely wonderful! We are sorry to hear that your experience was not the most positive and regret that your feelings have been hurt. We would like to take this opportunity to explain our side of some of your comments.

Caterers are more than welcome to use the kitchen at the Garden Chateau for prep work and warming. The caterer that was hired by the couple prefers to use their catering truck to complete their work. It is their choice to work out of the driveway.

When signing contracts, all couples know that clean-up is their responsibility. A clean-up check list is sent before the wedding giving time to plan ahead. We would have never wanted the bride and groom to complete the clean-up themselves. Sometimes the clean-up is a gift from family and friends, sometimes the job is hired out. Supplies are left out near the kitchen.

Rental includes access for the entire day, but we do provide tours Saturday morning during set up. We value your privacy on your big day. These tours do not enter into the private areas, such as the brides room, and are kept to the areas where vendors would have access. If you or your bridal party are changing or are in immodest dress, please shutter the curtains and blinds on the windows and close the doors.

At one of the last meetings we had, the bride told us that she ordered plenty of food so that everyone who was working would be able to eat. There were 3 people working that evening who did eat. Two were related as we are a family run business. If you received a separate invoice for the food provided to our staff, please forward it on to us and we will take care of it.

Again, we are so grateful that you chose to share your big day with us. We hope you remember the thousands of great memories that you can cherish from your wedding day rather than these minor issues.