Future Sounds DJ Service Reviews

37 | San Antonio, TX

37 Reviews for Future Sounds DJ Service

Jim S. · Married on 11/07/2020

Amazing DJ!

Having met Chris at an Open House, we were impressed with his appearance, his personality, and his professionalism. We met up with him again at a Bridal Show and booked him on the spot .... one of the best decisions we made! Chris provided links to all of the music, which made selecting what would be played at our daughter's wedding and reception so easy for her and her groom. He also provides a questionaire so that a client can select his manner of dress (tuxedo, semi-formal, casual), along with other specifics. He tailors his services to his clients' preferences. Chris's website is easy to navigate and was a tremendous help. He was incredibly patient in answering all of our many questions. Having used his services, we know why Chris has been so successful in his 20+ years in the DJ business. Our daughter and her groom, the families, and guests couldn't have been more pleased, and the great remarks we received from guests confirmed that hiring Chris was an excellent decision !

Sent on 02/19/2021

Amber · Married on 07/21/2019

Amazing DJ!

We can't thank Chris enough! My now wife and I are not dancing people at all, so going into the wedding we were very unsure about what kind of music we wanted or what kind of music we didn't want. Chris made the entire process so easy and painless. He was willing to meet with us if needed and had an easy to follow sheet that broke down the entire wedding for us. We chose the songs that we for sure wanted and then let Chris have creative control for the rest of the music and it was perfect! Having an outside wedding we had music playing as guests found a seat, during the ceremony, and after. And since we were in front of a waterfall, Chris was able to mic me up so that every guests could hear our vows and "I do's". I got so many complements for our music and I loved that everyone could enjoy every word of our big day! And during the reception, I never danced so much in my entire life! The day was perfect and Chris went above and beyond expectations!

Sent on 10/29/2020
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/08/2019

Great DJ and so easy to work with.

Chris was super fun and so easy to deal with. He picks out the perfect music for the mood in the room. Great choice.

Sent on 10/23/2020
  • Audrey

Audrey · Married on 06/01/2019

Chris is Awesome!!

Chris of Future Sounds is dialed in! He is so very knowledgeable as far as venues in San Antonio and the Texas Hill Country are concerned. My husband and I got married at Southwest School of Art. Chris sent photos of prior weddings he had done at SWSA to help us figure out the best setup for us. He also knew the specific rules and parameters for SWSA and made sure we were aware of applicable city ordinances and what not. He knows what he is doing and it translates to how much stress he removes from situations! Go with Future Sounds! You will be happy you did!!

Sent on 03/22/2021
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2019

If it was possible we would give a 6 star review!

Chris is amazing. He helped us so much to stay organized throughout the planning and even at the ceremony/reception. We utilized his ceremony service and his DJ service for our reception. He is very professional and has so much experience. He was able to make our wedding day run smoothly and we would definitely book him again!! He provided about 8-9 hours of service!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 04/19/2019

Great, professional DJ

Chris was wonderful to work with and did a great job for both our ceremony and our reception. He took the time and care to work with me on small details that make a big difference (certain versions of songs, start/stop times, pronouncing our parties’ names correctly, etc.). He also had a great sense of the crowd and what to play. I was planning this wedding from out of town, and Chris made it so easy with his accessibility and professionalism.

Sent on 05/10/2019

Lauren P. · Married on 04/06/2019

Chris is amazing!

Chris has DJ'ed 2 of our family members' weddings and we were so thrilled he was able to do ours. We had multiple compliments about his services and how much fun our guests had! Apart from the great dance music played, the limbo competition was a hit! He gives great customer service and even met me and my wedding planner at the venue a week before the wedding to make sure I liked the color of the uplights in the venue space. I would definitely recommend Future Sounds to all of my friends and family.

Sent on 05/01/2019

Veronica S. · Married on 01/06/2019

Future Sounds DJ Services

Future Sounds DJ Services were great! I work for a non-profit organization and we used Future Sounds DJ Services for a dance/party event. They were a true crowd pleasure! Definitely very professional.

Sent on 05/01/2019

Adam G. · Married on 12/29/2018

Exceptional!

10/10 Would recommend Future Sounds! They DJ'd our wedding and played all the songs we wanted to hear, as well as handled all audio including ceremony, speeches, etc. Chris was well dressed, polite and professional!

Sent on 07/06/2019

Cathleen · Married on 07/21/2018

Chris Koval is an excellent and professional DJ! We hired him for our wedding in July of 2018. My now husband, Andrew, and I met with him a couple months before the wedding, and we immediately liked him. Chris took the time to listen to what we wanted and asked questions about our wedding vision. He was very flexible and organized which are invaluable traits in a wedding vendor. He will adapt his DJ style to fit your event, and he’s great at reading the crowd. Perhaps more importantly, he has a friendly, positive attitude that will help put you at ease. He offers several packages and will go over them with you, so you know exactly what you’re paying for. At the wedding, he set up beautiful uplighting in our venue, MC-ed the wedding, and of course played great music. We are so happy we hired him, and he helped make our big day spectacular!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Dee · Married on 05/26/2018

Thank you Chris Koval! You were amazing! Chris has phenomenal experience in this business and really listens to what you want. He has a great sense for reading the crowd and kept the party going! We continue to receive compliments on his wonderful DJ and MC service at our wedding. Thanks Chris, for making our wedding so fun and memorable!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Pennie · Married on 04/14/2018

I was coming from out if town and never got to actually meet Chris before our big day. He was very accommodating and helpful when I had questions. He was was available when I needed him. I highly recommend! Our setup was amazing!!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Cynthia · Married on 12/09/2017

Chris Koval with Future Sounds is the best in entertainment and DJ needs. He has years of experience, and is reliable, helpful, organized and provides great music to entertain guests of all ages.

Sent on 08/03/2018

Misty · Married on 09/16/2017

Chris was amazing! He really helped create the party mood in my guests at the reception. He was also so good at controlling the flow of the reception and super professional. He was also really helpful during the planning process. His website contains a bunch of guides for planning the ceremony and reception and whoever I had questions he always got back to me right away. He also did the music for my ceremony and it was spectacular!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Natalie · Married on 08/06/2017

Chris Koval is very knowledgeable and professional. My wife and I hired his company Future Sounds to be the DJ at our wedding. Chris’s expertise in the field made the planning very easy. We provided Chris a short list of requested songs and he was able to create a full playlist for the wedding from our suggestions that blended nicely with our requests. We didn’t make this easy on him; we had requests that included multiple Jazz songs, Nine Inch Nails, a German lager song and the Knight Rider theme song. Chris also used up lights for the venue that really enhanced the look of the venue. We had multiple compliments from our guests on his ability as a DJ from song selection to professionalism. We highly recommend Chris Koval from Future Sounds for any special event that requires a DJ.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Anna · Married on 06/24/2017

Chris was truly fantastic! He made our wedding so much fun, and was amazing when it came to interacting with the crowd and making sure everyone was having a good time! He made sure that we got exactly what we wanted for our music selection, and was so great to work with even though we were planning our San Antonio wedding from Oklahoma. I would highly recommend Chris to anyone looking to make their event/wedding/etc. a memorable experience! I would definitely hire him again!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Kaleigh · Married on 05/27/2017

Chris was fantastic. He knows what he's doing, can take direction, but also makes great suggestions (including suggestions about the flow and timing of the entire evening). Since my mom and I planned my wedding ourselves, this advice was super helpful. He knew how to get the guests involved and dancing as well as how to make important announcements. During the reception, guests asked me for his info - he was that impressive. Highly recommend.

Sent on 01/18/2018

Hannah · Married on 12/30/2016

Chris from Future Sounds is fabulous! From the beginning he was professional, organized, experienced, and made it so easy for me to plan from out of state. Future sounds did quite a few services for us including ceremony music, GOBO, reception music, and was our M.C for the night. He did a wonderful job in every category and he helped our wedding flow smoothly and beautifully. Some of our crazy friends were throwing out requests left and right and he handled it all with grace. We weren't planning on doing a garter toss. but towards the end of the night we decided to add it in and he made it seem like it was planned the whole time! He is very talented with the way he groups songs together and knew exactly what the guests wanted! Future Sounds is worth every penny.

Sent on 01/10/2017
  • I

Ivory · Married on 08/28/2016

Chris is the best hands down, having never planned an event so big he made everything super easy. We had a country theme and while we knew the direction we wanted it was Chris that pulled all the music together. You honestly cant go wrong by choosing Future Sounds.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Tara · Married on 06/25/2016

Chris Koval at FutureSounds did such a phenomenal job at our wedding! From the moment we met him at the bridal show to the end of our wedding he was wonderful to work with- Chris is professional, organized, and highly experienced! He met with my husband and I a few times when we were still in town (he even came to the walk-through with us a few months before the wedding to go over the set up and plan for the ceremony and reception- he set up the lighting for us, let us add a Gobo light, and an extra hour!) and communicated with us via email and phone after we moved to make sure that all of our questions were answered and the timing for the ceremony and reception was perfect. Chris edited the our first dance, father-daughter, and mother-son songs for us so they were at the desired length and made sure that they sounded flawlessly! He also made sure that the reception flowed smoothly and everyone was having a blast on the dance floor! Half a year later, all our friends and family are still telling us how much fun they had at our wedding and what a wonderful DJ we had! If you're looking for an amazing DJ, someone who is wonderful to work with, and someone who will go above and beyond your expectations- book Future Sounds!

Sent on 01/22/2017

Monica · Married on 05/20/2016

Chris Koval from Future Sounds really came through on our wedding day. My husband and I are not too trendy on the music front and have a unique taste in our tunes, but that was no issue for Chris! We sent him our custom playlists and he made sure everything we wanted was played and filled in gaps with awesome selections! On top of that, he was able to smoothly transition and edit the lengths of our processional music so that there were no awkward transitions or gaps in music. Chris was super easy to work with and talk to, and made music an easy obstacle to tackle during wedding planning.

Sent on 06/03/2016

Suzanne · event on: 01/09/2016

Chris Koval is very helpful and his assistant Julie Ann is wonderful. Without Future Sounds the event would not have been so successful! Thank you future sounds!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Future Sounds DJ Service's reply:

The success of any event includes great communication and collaboration. Achieving such simple task leads to a well-organized event and therefore success for all involved. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your event!

Bernadita · Married on 01/09/2016

I CAN NOT EXPLAIN HOW AMAZING HIS SERVICE IS! I know he is just a DJ, but he was so much more at my wedding. He made sure that I was not stressed at all, and took care of everything. If something needed to be done, he was on it. I HIGHTLY RECOMMEND HIS SERVICES. Trust me, you will not regret it.

Sent on 01/13/2016

Future Sounds DJ Service's reply:

Berny is was great to work with you and your family. It was a team effort and many helped to achieve the success of your event including you! We each have a role and a goal. Thanks for allowing me to take part and share the excitement of your wedding day!

Mr. Chris Koval, M.A. is a fantastic dj/mc and, both my wife and I, would sincerely recommend his services to any one person, soon-to-be-wed couple or group hoping to cater a memorable event! He demonstrated a knack for feeling out the people, setting an appropriate ambiance and choosing wonderful music to set the mood for any occasion and under virtually any circumstances - in this case, at our wedding, in what was a torrential downpour and ultimately the flood of the century in Boerne, TX. He is a consummate professional and a genuinely good person who will go to any length to insure that your event meets your expectations and beyond. His prices are fair, and his experience and grasp - mastery - of his trade are evident from the get go. For the first time in my experience of weddings, every single person was on the dance floor and everyone was having a blast; no doubt, because "the DJ" was playing something for everybody! Most importantly, he handled the seemingly awkward moments where miscommunications will undoubtedly arise no matter how well you plan; such as, the toast and cake cutting ceremonies. We would seriously consider a sit-down/consultation with, Chris. He is an phenomenal DJ/MC!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Future Sounds DJ Service's reply:

On a day when flooding closed roads to access this resort and its venue, it was important to keep the outlook positive and create the best possible environment given the poor weather conditions. Communication was key, interaction between all parties involved led to success, and an evening filled with great memories.
  • alet

Alet · Married on 03/28/2015

If you are looking for a DJ, look no further Future Sounds is the answer. Chris is absolutely awesome!!!
    He is not only a DJ playing songs list for you but he guided you throughout the ceremony sounds and all the way to the reception. Chris is very responsive and really works on your needs!!! My guess absolutely impressed and had fun!!! The Pastor did our wedding, made a comment that he attended and officiated many weddings never seen quiet like our DJ :-) He is great!!!
    We highly recommend Chris. We are planning to use him again in the future!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Future Sounds DJ Service's reply:

Thank you for the review. A successful event requires communication. The more I know translates to a better result for you and all who are part of your day! It was great to work with you and celebrate your wedding day!