Fresa Weddings Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Brittany
    Brittany A. Married on 01/25/2022

Best day of our lives thanks to Kristee and her team!

From the very beginning Kristee was there to help us navigate our destination wedding! We really weren't sure where to start or how to bring our vision to life but that was exactly what Kristee did. Not only is she amazing at what she does but her support while planning and postponing due to the pandemic meant the world to us. She listened to what we wanted and gave advice to help us stay close to our budget. When planning a destination wedding it can be stressful but having a team like Krsitee's took so much of that stress away. We knew that all the details were taken care of. I'm so thankful that we found Kristee and I would recommend her in a heartbeat to anyone looking to plan their perfect day!
  • Michael
    Michael Z. Married on 12/18/2021

This was the wedding of our dreams and wouldn’t be made possible without Kristee and her team

Planning a destination wedding while working full time is not easy. My wife found Kristee on Instagram and setup a call. When giving Kristee our original plan , she knew that is not what we really wanted. Kristee guided us from the most beautiful venue , vendors, and the overall wedding of our dreams. During the planning stage , she had recommended we come check it out in person so we met in Mexico and coordinated a hair and makeup trial (for my wife) and food tasting. The communication before, during, and after was amazing. Best of all, her husband smoked a nice cigar with me after building a custom cigar bar . All of my friends said the wedding was something they saw on pintrist and was the most beautiful day. We had a blast, and our friends did to. When choosing a vendor , don’t shop around, just choose Kristee!
  • Rachel
    Rachel F. Married on 11/06/2021

An amazing day

I can't recommend Kristee enough as a wedding coordinator. I initially decided to work with Kristee due to her amazing responsiveness compared to others! We got married at Akiin Tulum in November 2021, and we had never previously visited the area. Kristee was able to guide us through choosing this venue and vendors. As someone who does extensive research on everything I do, our vendors and design of the wedding could not have been better. Kristee nailed the vision of our wedding through the use of email! She was able to remain calm even in my moments of stress, because planning a wedding during a global pandemic is not ideal. Kristee, thank you for making this the best day EVER!
  • Jillian
    Jillian M. Married on 10/11/2021

How do I even begin to find all the words to describe how amazing Kristee and her team are?

My husband and I got engaged in February 2019. We love to travel, so planning a super extravagant wedding was never something we were very interested in. We wanted to plan a vacation where we would also get married. Thus began our search for the perfect destination wedding- and boy was it overwhelming! We had narrowed it down to Tulum and I had found a few venues but was having a hard time coordinating and communicating with them on dates and pricing. Then, I found Kristee’s amazing work on Instagram through Akiin and everything changed. As soon as we started working with her a weight lifted off our shoulders. She was so incredibly helpful right from the start.
    She created ease and support throughout the entire planning process, gave great recommendations, kept us on track, and helped us make decisions that we couldn’t decide on with our best interest at heart. I wasn’t the type of bride that cared about every detail, I had a few visions that I wanted included and I let Kristee run with the rest, and it was one of my best decisions. Our wedding was a DREAM and the Fresa Team completely exceeded our expectations!
    She also set us up with some of the best vendors, from flowers and rentals to the DJ and hair and makeup- they were all incredible and did such amazing work. Everything came together so easily and so beautifully. My husband and I along with our guests had SO much fun and no one has been able to stop talking about it since.
    I could literally go on and on but when it comes down to it, Kristee is one of the best people I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. She is EVERYTHING you would want in a wedding coordinator and more and one of the sweetest humans I know. Her team and her husband will go to great lengths to make all your dreams come true. When working with Kristee, you are not just another couple planning a wedding, you are part of the Fresa Family.
    Kristee, from the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU for all of your amazing work, for answering all of our questions, understanding my hand-drawn displays, and creating a moment that we will cherish forever!
    We love you! XOXO- Christian & Jillian Navarro
    Logan W. Married on 05/08/2021

Simply perfect

Where to even begin- from start to finish Kristee made the wedding planning process easy, stress free & EXTREMELY ORGANIZED! She brought amazing ideas to the table, worked with our budget and provided options, and ultimately gave us the wedding of our dreams!! From every detail, to every vendor and design idea- she took the stress off of us and all we had to do was show up!!! She got us in touch with a travel agent who did all of our wedding room blocks (included in price) and set us up with an amazing photographer (Krystle Akin- photos I included are hers). Not to mention, we planned this during Covid. She helped us switch our wedding date and it was so easy- kept all of our vendors and it was no additional cost!!! I can’t explain how grateful we are to have Fresa Plan our wedding, the experience changed our lives for the better!! She went above and beyond and exceeded our expectations 100 times over! If you’re planning a destination wedding in Cancun- hire Kristee!!!!!
    Devon D. Married on 05/02/2020

It Was Even Better Than Our Dreams!!!

We just returned home from our EPIC wedding that was over two years in the making!!! As heartbreaking as it was to have to postpone, Kristee was there to support us both personally and professionally through that challenging moment. And let me tell you - it was ABSOLUTELY worth the wait!! Kristee + the Fresa team went above and beyond to bring every detail of our grand and very unique vision into our day. We really feel like our wedding reflected our love and expressed the true essence of who we really are! If you’re looking for a planner who is creative, professional, informative, detail-oriented, incredibly talented, lots of fun, and totally committed to honoring what matters most to you - you’ve come to the right place! Hiring Fresa was the most important decision we made for our day — we were so taken care of and truly couldn’t have had such a magical experience from start to finish without them.

We are forever thankful for Kristee and know that we were in the best hands with her!! Thank you so very much for all of the hard work you did to ensure that we could have a celebration of love beyond our wildest dreams. Sending so much love and gratitude!!
  • O
    Ordway Married on 02/28/2020

The BEST Wedding Planner Ever

Kristee is hands down the dream when it comes to destination wedding planning. Look no further, you have arrived. When we started our planning process in September of 2018 (wedding was in February 2020), the only thing we knew was that we wanted a destination wedding in Tulum, aside from that, we working with a blank canvas. Finding Kristee (on Instagram) allowed us to make all our dreams a reality. From guiding us to selecting Akiin Beach Club as our venue, to supporting us through DJ selection, florist selection, and much more, she brought to the table a wealth of knowledge, expertise, confidence, support, and guidance that you can only hope for when planning a destination wedding 2,500 miles away. Trust and confidence was immediately established with Kristee. She never wavered from her time commitments, delivery of information, quotes, estimates, samples, and more. Kristee is someone you can trust from day one to take care of you, and there was nothing more important to us than the feeling of support and true commitment during the wedding planning process.

Kristee helped us make decisions while always putting our guests, and us first. The heart of every question would always come back to ensuring everyone was comfortable, happy, and having the time of his or her lives. To say that goal of hers was achieved is truly an understatement. From the welcome dinner the night before the wedding, down to the last song at our wedding, Kristee was there, by our side from start to finish. Kristee’s communication (which was always 24-48 hours or less), attention to every single detail, and her overall flawless taste and expectation in her vendors is unprecedented. She gives couples only the BEST of the BEST and refuses anything less than perfection.

We are so honored to have had the opportunity to work with not only an incredible planner, but a wonderful woman. Kristee made this experience so joyful and FUN for us, two things you do not often hear where describing the wedding planning process. Choosing Kristee was the best decision we could have ever made, and we know that we will remember our special day and the experience we had with her for the rest of our lives. THANK YOU Kristee!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer M. Married on 02/08/2020

“Dream Experience” from start to finish!

I knew I wanted to work with Kristee and the Fresa team from the moment I saw the abundance of gorgeousness from Fresa-designed weddings all over social media. Then I spoke with Kristee on the phone and it completely solidified my choice. It was so easy and effortless to work with her from beginning to end, and at no point did I ever doubt that my vision would be brought to life perfectly. I wasn’t the typical type A bride that obsessed over every detail - instead, I had a few very specific requests but otherwise I really just wanted to hand over the decision making to Kristee! I trusted her completely and once the day came, I was blown away seeing everything in person. It was nothing short of magical, and I truly can’t thank her (and all of the Fresa team behind the scenes) enough!! My dream wedding became a reality because of Kristee and Fresa Weddings. ❤️💕
  • Caroline
    Caroline O. Married on 02/01/2020

LOVED working with Kristee!

I found Kristee on Instagram and immediately fell in love with all of her weddings. I knew i had to work with her and boy, am i glad i did!

She made the planning process super easy. I must have changed my mind 15 million times along the way but she was super patient and accommodated all of my requests. Sometimes brides are getting pulled in all sides by family and friends and her patience was amazing.

Her recommendation for a welcome party (Catamaya Catamaran) was awesome. We had so much fun and i highly recommend them for a welcome party!!

The morning of our ceremony, Kristee sat us down and prepared us for the possibility that it may rain, right when our ceremony was scheduled to happen. Go figure during the driest time of year! She was totally prepared with Plan B (and C haha). It didn’t up raining at all but we were so happy to have the Palapa option at Akiin.

Everyone at Akiin was awesome from beginning to end. Kristee works with amazing vendors! My favorite part were the flowers (from Vanessa Jaimes) - i can’t tell you how much i loved them! The cascading flowers on the head table WERE TO DIE FOR. We got so many compliments on them. The whole tablescape was BEAUTIFUL! Everything from K&T was awesome!! Kristee added some candles last minute that looked amazing. There were a few things i was going to take out that she recommended keeping and i was so happy i did. She has amazing taste!

Kristee - Kenny and I can’t thank you enough for everything. Thank you to your hubby for his patience in attaching all 60-something of those tags to our Don Julio bottles haha!! Will be in touch for the vow renewal ha!
    Shauna F. Married on 01/11/2020

The most magical day, brought by the most magical team ❤️

I struggle to find the words to describe Kristee and her team at Fresa because there are no words to describe how grateful I am for everything they did to bring my husband and I a wedding day that was beyond every expectation that I could possible have had. We hired Kristee at the end of 2019 and soon after 2020 started, COVID rocked the world. We didn’t get to do a site visit, a tasting, or even get meet Kristee until the day we landed for our wedding week. I had vision in my head, described it to Kristee, and knew that she would not disappoint. She kept me in the loop on all decisions and changes that were happening in MX and we talked so regularly that I feel like I had a genuine friend helping plan with me. What we arrived to on our big day was beyond magic and everything I could have ever pictured in my head! It was the most stunning set up and execution and none of it would have been possible without Kristee and her team ❤️
    Samantha Married on 11/01/2019

She read our minds and gave us the wedding of our dreams!

Kristee was incredible from the very first conversation we had with her. I knew I couldn't NOT work with her as she answered all of my questions and was so detailed and organized. We absolutely loved working with Kristee - she was responsive and so helpful. I did not have a vision for my wedding but she somehow pulled it all out of us and we could not believe the end result. I'll miss emailing with her all of the time :) Thank you Kristee & the Fresa team for everything!
  • Korie
    Korie K. Married on 07/05/2019

Kristee put the “WOW” in our wedding!!

We wanted to do something different and out of the box - we needed someone in the area, who could scout the locations and provide their honest feedback. Kristee DID IT ALL - both of us work full time and neither of us had the brain capacity to do the multiple back and forth emails. We were looking for someone to take charge and Fresca Weddings was the perfect match. Their team over delivered and always was honest with their opinions, which put us at ease so we knew we were properly allocating our budget. Between our travel agent, our wedding planner and our photographer, we seriously had the best team any couple could ask for!! Upon arrival we were able to actually ENJOY our vacation with our family verse trying to do last minute items ourselves onsite. I can not thank Kristee and her wedding planning team enough!!! The day was better than either of us could have imagined - I still beam just thinking about it - Kristee is one of a kind and my only suggest is to make room for the Fresca team in your wedding budget. It will take the stress out of the planning and allow you to be present for all of the loved ones who came to share your day with you....and that’s what a destination wedding is all about!!
    (Our photo was from the speeches that took place while we were in the pool!)
  • Frankie
    Frankie S. Married on 04/12/2019

Tulum's Gift to Brides

Where do I even begin!

When I got engaged I immediately knew that I wanted to get married in Tulum, Mexico. I planned a trip to Tulum to search for the perfect venue. The first venue I looked at was Akiin Beach. I think luck was on my side that day because Kristee just happened to be there setting up for a wedding. The décor looked so beautiful, and I knew that had everything to do with Kristee and the Fresa team. I introduced myself to her and instantly knew that I just had to work with her.
    Once I returned home from my trip, I decided that Akiin Beach was the perfect place to have my wedding. I knew that Kristee was the right person to help me bring my dream wedding to life! There is no way that I would have been able to pull off this special day without her. I spent a little more than one year working with Kristee to plan what my friends and family still talk about as the best wedding they have ever been to. Kristee made the entire process of planning a wedding enjoyable (as it should be). Every email that was sent between the two of us felt like we were communicating face to face. She always responded promptly and was so enthusiastic about all the details of our special day.
    One year flew by! And the time had finally come for me to make the trip with my family and friends to get married!! It came as no surprise to me that I was so calm because I knew that Kristee had everything under control. I trusted her and her team because of the relationship we had built.
    My wedding exceeded all of my expectations!! I knew it was going to be beautiful but Kristee was really the one who brought my vision to life. Everything was just as I wanted it and more. I couldn’t believe that it was all for me and my now husband.
    Without Kristee, our wedding would not have been what it was. Working with her was great and I would do it all over again. Any bride would be lucky to have the opportunity to have her as their wedding planner. I am grateful that we crossed paths on my first trip to Tulum. Must have been fate.
    Jordan M. Married on 03/24/2019

The most perfect day!

We are so completely blessed to have had the chance to work with Kristee in planning our March 2019 wedding. She is an absolute treat. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and not for no reason, Kristee thinks of ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING so the whole day can go so smoothly. Her design ideas and impeccable taste cannot be beat. She works with the best of the best- and her Hair and Make Up team that she recommends are fantastic!
    She made the whole process so stress free, because she takes care of absolutely everything. All of our guests raved about how it was the absolute most gorgeous wedding they ever attended- and we agree!
    She took such good care of me on the wedding day too, making sure I was constantly attended to so I wouldn't forget to eat, or so I wouldn't be on the dance floor without a drink in hand.
    She is the most lovely person and we are so happy we chose to plan our wedding with Kristee!
    Macenzie H. Married on 03/08/2019

An Unparalleled Experience

Where to even begin!? We started the wedding planning process completely on our own; researching and sending out endless amounts of emails to resorts, hotels, and venues in Tulum. It probably took us two months, but we somehow managed to secure a venue ourselves. At the end of it we were exhausted and confused and realized we couldn’t go it alone any longer. Cue more research! I turned to Instagram where I soon came across Fresa Weddings. From all of the photos I saw, I knew Kristee could bring our vision to life. And just like that, It was love at first email! We had an instant connection and she could see my vision from thousands of miles away! She made the planning process so organized, but also so much fun!! Together, we created the most beautiful and unique day I could’ve ever imagined! It was pure bliss. The magic about Kristee is she listens to your every idea, and being the expert she is, creates something so uniquely tailored to you! She is the best decision you will ever make and I’m eternally grateful for the masterpiece that was our wedding day!
  • Natalie
    Natalie M. Married on 02/24/2019

Magical Lady Who Makes Dreams Come True

While Kristee isn't my fairy godmother, she sure felt like it. Both my husband and I have busy and stressful jobs, so it was critical to find someone who could help us plan our destination wedding who we could trust to create something beautiful and magical on such an important day. We found her work through Pinterest and we kept stumbling across her weddings in photos and we loved them all so much. She has such an amazing eye for color, texture, and detail. We were both so happy, and no words can express just how grateful we are to Kristee and her entire team of professionals!! Just to illustrate how good they are, one of our guests is also a wedding planner/event coordinator at a fancy country club back home, and he's great to go to weddings with, because he sees all the 'behind the scenes' things that normal people who aren't in the industry don't notice. After the wedding he came up to me and told me just how impressed he was with the staff, and how on point everything was run, I was surprised because he's a tough critic! His comments make total sense though, cause from our point of view, and the guests point of view, who know nothing about the ins/outs of executing an event like a wedding, we all had a FANTASTIC time!! Everything was run so professionally, and so smoothly! So many brides I talk to say they never got to eat on their wedding day, and they have these sad stories about grabbing McDonalds on their way home that night, and so I was prepared to be very hungry the day of my wedding, but Kristee was sure to bring Matt and I our signature drinks and appetizers, so we could snack during the photo shoot, and the event was so well timed, we actually got to EAT DINNER! Some brides may not care about that, but. . .some of us want to eat and enjoy the food we paid for! lol. . .(my midwestern roots I suppose). Anyway, the day was beyond beautiful and it was like dream come true. . . everyone keeps telling us how our wedding was 'one of the most beautiful they've ever been to' or that it 'looks like something out of a magazine'. . .honestly, it was beautiful, and perfect. But even more important, was just how easy and stress-free the day was. It really allowed us to focus on each other, our family and our guests, rather than stressing out about last minute details. I could continue to gush about how fantastic she and her team are for days. . . but bottom line: SHE IS FANTASTICALLY TALENTED!! She'll take care of you and make all your dreams come true too!
    Kathy G. Married on 01/28/2019

Kristee is the supreme wedding planner!!

I don't even know where to begin. Words can't describe the experience we had from start to finish working with Kristee as my daughter's wedding planner. From our first phone call we knew we could expect great attention to detail and dependable service from someone who truly loves what she does. Every testimonial you read on her website is exactly who she is. My daughter's wedding exceeded our expectations. I remember taking care of all the little details of my own wedding by myself, even having to call the florist the morning I was getting married. None of this was a concern at all with my daughter's wedding...Kristee has every detail coordinated. Every vendor she booked provided great service and arrived on-time as expected. We we able to relax and enjoy our time with our family and friends, all the while hearing from our guests how stunning all her design details were. Look no further for a wedding planner, you have found the perfect one!
    Katie C. Married on 01/17/2019

Great Experience!

Kristee was absolutely amazing from the very start of our wedding planning process. She helped us plan the most picture perfect wedding we could have ever dreamed of.

Planning a wedding all the way from Canada was a little stressful, but she truly made this such a wonderful experience for my fiance and I. I 100% trusted her advice and knew she was taking us in the direction that was going to lead to the most unforgettable day.

She is very professional, responded to our million of questions immediately and always gave us the best advice.

We cannot thank her enough.
    Nadine K. Married on 01/10/2019

Best In the business

Words cannot describe how thankful we are to have found Fresa Weddings. Kristee and her team are the best in the business.

Having a destination wedding can be totally nerve wracking, but not with Kristee. From our very first call to our very last communication she calmed our nerves with constant professionalism, enthusiasm and her killer personality. We were at total ease throughout the entire process.

What we loved most about working with Kristee was her attention to detail, and the fact that she gets to know you, your vision and your styles...wraps it all up and runs with it, with total excitement (even if the ideas are ones she’s never done before. Ie Bubbly bar and Entry way doors :)

We can’t thank Fresa Weddings enough for executing the wedding of our dreams.
    Brenda Married on 11/18/2018

Simply put...AMAZING

Kristee was our wedding planner for our Nov 2018 wedding in Tulum. Planning a destination wedding is extremely nerve wrecking & requires a great deal of trust in your wedding planner. My first call with Kristee, I knew she had the knowledge, experience & Will to bring my vision to life. She is honest, she will stay within budget, she will give you options, she asks the right questions, & is simply an amazing person. Her energy is magnetic. The day of went off without a hitch, I was so impressed with Kristee & her team, the vendors she works with, Everything flowed perfectly. Kristee, I can’t thank you enough for putting together the wedding of my dreams. We had so many compliments from our guests, Thank You Thank You Thank You!
    Albert Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding of our dreams!

We are so lucky to have found Kristee! Without her, there's no way we could have managed our destination wedding, and she made every step so fun, comfortable, and organized. We arrived to Mexico trusting that everything would be in order and looking fabulous for us, and it was!
    Lisa Married on 04/07/2018
    Kristee and her team are absolutely fabulous! Kristee is always responsive and helpful with questions throughout the process. As a bride she made my wedding process planning easy. I was so nervous going into planning a destination wedding in Mexico until i had my first talk with Kristee. She eased my worries and made me feel confident that all was going to go great. When i arrived to my own wedding i was BLOWN AWAY. It exceeded our expectations and was the most beautiful day! We can't thank her and her team enough for making that day so special and designing exactly what we wanted for our beach vows.
  • Y
    Yuri Married on 03/03/2018
    Kristee was absolutely amazing. My dream wedding wouldn’t have happened without her. She is professional, energetic, and I had a blast working with her. From the very beginning of planning to the very end, she always there with great advice. Thank you for everything!
    Jojo Married on 02/23/2018
    Kristee is an absolute dream of a wedding planner! Not only is she fun to work with, but she is also very communicative, highly experienced and willing to work within my means to achieve my exact vision for my wedding. She is detail-oriented, creative and thoughtful about guiding her clients through the wedding planning process. I had a strong aesthetic vision for my wedding and she helped me bring every detail I wanted to life. She was upfront and practical about logistics without ever sacrificing the ambience and experience.

My wedding was more than I ever could have hoped for. Her attentiveness and professionalism allowed me to fully relax and soak up every moment of my wedding week in Tulum, not having to worry about a thing for the wedding. THANK YOU Kristee and team Fresa - I couldn't be happier to be a Fresa bride <3
    Nikita Married on 02/17/2018
    Where do I start?! Our wedding at Akiin Beach on 2/17/18 was unforgettable as all our family and friends keep telling my husband and I. Kristee guided me every step with suggestions when I was completely lost or unsure of ideas. She went above and beyond to help in any way she could when an unforeseen circumstance occurred a few months before the wedding! She searched high and low for specialty liquor we wanted for our signature drink that held a special place in our hearts! She was so professional, so sweet, and having a destination wedding I was worried about a planner being unresponsive since we had never had a face to face conversation, but Kristee put me at ease every step of the way and quickly responded to all emails. I am just so thankful we found her. Thinking of a wedding in Tulum, BOOK HER!!! You will not regret it! Thank you so much again Team Fresa!