Fresa Weddings Reviews

50 Reviews for Fresa Weddings

• O

Ordway · Married on 02/28/2020

The BEST Wedding Planner Ever

Kristee is hands down the dream when it comes to destination wedding planning. Look no further, you have arrived. When we started our planning process in September of 2018 (wedding was in February 2020), the only thing we knew was that we wanted a destination wedding in Tulum, aside from that, we working with a blank canvas. Finding Kristee (on Instagram) allowed us to make all our dreams a reality. From guiding us to selecting Akiin Beach Club as our venue, to supporting us through DJ selection, florist selection, and much more, she brought to the table a wealth of knowledge, expertise, confidence, support, and guidance that you can only hope for when planning a destination wedding 2,500 miles away. Trust and confidence was immediately established with Kristee. She never wavered from her time commitments, delivery of information, quotes, estimates, samples, and more. Kristee is someone you can trust from day one to take care of you, and there was nothing more important to us than the feeling of support and true commitment during the wedding planning process.

Kristee helped us make decisions while always putting our guests, and us first. The heart of every question would always come back to ensuring everyone was comfortable, happy, and having the time of his or her lives. To say that goal of hers was achieved is truly an understatement. From the welcome dinner the night before the wedding, down to the last song at our wedding, Kristee was there, by our side from start to finish. Kristee’s communication (which was always 24-48 hours or less), attention to every single detail, and her overall flawless taste and expectation in her vendors is unprecedented. She gives couples only the BEST of the BEST and refuses anything less than perfection.

We are so honored to have had the opportunity to work with not only an incredible planner, but a wonderful woman. Kristee made this experience so joyful and FUN for us, two things you do not often hear where describing the wedding planning process. Choosing Kristee was the best decision we could have ever made, and we know that we will remember our special day and the experience we had with her for the rest of our lives. THANK YOU Kristee!

Sent on 03/07/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Miranne · Married on 02/08/2020

“Dream Experience” from start to finish!

I knew I wanted to work with Kristee and the Fresa team from the moment I saw the abundance of gorgeousness from Fresa-designed weddings all over social media. Then I spoke with Kristee on the phone and it completely solidified my choice. It was so easy and effortless to work with her from beginning to end, and at no point did I ever doubt that my vision would be brought to life perfectly. I wasn’t the typical type A bride that obsessed over every detail - instead, I had a few very specific requests but otherwise I really just wanted to hand over the decision making to Kristee! I trusted her completely and once the day came, I was blown away seeing everything in person. It was nothing short of magical, and I truly can’t thank her (and all of the Fresa team behind the scenes) enough!! My dream wedding became a reality because of Kristee and Fresa Weddings. ❤️💕

Sent on 03/11/2020
  • Caroline

caroline osullivan · Married on 02/01/2020

LOVED working with Kristee!

I found Kristee on Instagram and immediately fell in love with all of her weddings. I knew i had to work with her and boy, am i glad i did!

She made the planning process super easy. I must have changed my mind 15 million times along the way but she was super patient and accommodated all of my requests. Sometimes brides are getting pulled in all sides by family and friends and her patience was amazing.

Her recommendation for a welcome party (Catamaya Catamaran) was awesome. We had so much fun and i highly recommend them for a welcome party!!

The morning of our ceremony, Kristee sat us down and prepared us for the possibility that it may rain, right when our ceremony was scheduled to happen. Go figure during the driest time of year! She was totally prepared with Plan B (and C haha). It didn’t up raining at all but we were so happy to have the Palapa option at Akiin.

Everyone at Akiin was awesome from beginning to end. Kristee works with amazing vendors! My favorite part were the flowers (from Vanessa Jaimes) - i can’t tell you how much i loved them! The cascading flowers on the head table WERE TO DIE FOR. We got so many compliments on them. The whole tablescape was BEAUTIFUL! Everything from K&T was awesome!! Kristee added some candles last minute that looked amazing. There were a few things i was going to take out that she recommended keeping and i was so happy i did. She has amazing taste!

Kristee - Kenny and I can’t thank you enough for everything. Thank you to your hubby for his patience in attaching all 60-something of those tags to our Don Julio bottles haha!! Will be in touch for the vow renewal ha!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Samantha · Married on 11/01/2019

She read our minds and gave us the wedding of our dreams!

Kristee was incredible from the very first conversation we had with her. I knew I couldn't NOT work with her as she answered all of my questions and was so detailed and organized. We absolutely loved working with Kristee - she was responsive and so helpful. I did not have a vision for my wedding but she somehow pulled it all out of us and we could not believe the end result. I'll miss emailing with her all of the time :) Thank you Kristee & the Fresa team for everything!

Sent on 01/03/2020
  • Korie

Korie Kelley · Married on 07/05/2019

Kristee put the “WOW” in our wedding!!

We wanted to do something different and out of the box - we needed someone in the area, who could scout the locations and provide their honest feedback. Kristee DID IT ALL - both of us work full time and neither of us had the brain capacity to do the multiple back and forth emails. We were looking for someone to take charge and Fresca Weddings was the perfect match. Their team over delivered and always was honest with their opinions, which put us at ease so we knew we were properly allocating our budget. Between our travel agent, our wedding planner and our photographer, we seriously had the best team any couple could ask for!! Upon arrival we were able to actually ENJOY our vacation with our family verse trying to do last minute items ourselves onsite. I can not thank Kristee and her wedding planning team enough!!! The day was better than either of us could have imagined - I still beam just thinking about it - Kristee is one of a kind and my only suggest is to make room for the Fresca team in your wedding budget. It will take the stress out of the planning and allow you to be present for all of the loved ones who came to share your day with you....and that’s what a destination wedding is all about!!
    (Our photo was from the speeches that took place while we were in the pool!)

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Frankie

Frankie Sosa · Married on 04/12/2019

Tulum's Gift to Brides

Where do I even begin!

When I got engaged I immediately knew that I wanted to get married in Tulum, Mexico. I planned a trip to Tulum to search for the perfect venue. The first venue I looked at was Akiin Beach. I think luck was on my side that day because Kristee just happened to be there setting up for a wedding. The décor looked so beautiful, and I knew that had everything to do with Kristee and the Fresa team. I introduced myself to her and instantly knew that I just had to work with her.
    Once I returned home from my trip, I decided that Akiin Beach was the perfect place to have my wedding. I knew that Kristee was the right person to help me bring my dream wedding to life! There is no way that I would have been able to pull off this special day without her. I spent a little more than one year working with Kristee to plan what my friends and family still talk about as the best wedding they have ever been to. Kristee made the entire process of planning a wedding enjoyable (as it should be). Every email that was sent between the two of us felt like we were communicating face to face. She always responded promptly and was so enthusiastic about all the details of our special day.
    One year flew by! And the time had finally come for me to make the trip with my family and friends to get married!! It came as no surprise to me that I was so calm because I knew that Kristee had everything under control. I trusted her and her team because of the relationship we had built.
    My wedding exceeded all of my expectations!! I knew it was going to be beautiful but Kristee was really the one who brought my vision to life. Everything was just as I wanted it and more. I couldn’t believe that it was all for me and my now husband.
    Without Kristee, our wedding would not have been what it was. Working with her was great and I would do it all over again. Any bride would be lucky to have the opportunity to have her as their wedding planner. I am grateful that we crossed paths on my first trip to Tulum. Must have been fate.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Jordan Mckee · Married on 03/24/2019

The most perfect day!

We are so completely blessed to have had the chance to work with Kristee in planning our March 2019 wedding. She is an absolute treat. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and not for no reason, Kristee thinks of ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING so the whole day can go so smoothly. Her design ideas and impeccable taste cannot be beat. She works with the best of the best- and her Hair and Make Up team that she recommends are fantastic!
    She made the whole process so stress free, because she takes care of absolutely everything. All of our guests raved about how it was the absolute most gorgeous wedding they ever attended- and we agree!
    She took such good care of me on the wedding day too, making sure I was constantly attended to so I wouldn't forget to eat, or so I wouldn't be on the dance floor without a drink in hand.
    She is the most lovely person and we are so happy we chose to plan our wedding with Kristee!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Macenzie Hopkins · Married on 03/08/2019

An Unparalleled Experience

Where to even begin!? We started the wedding planning process completely on our own; researching and sending out endless amounts of emails to resorts, hotels, and venues in Tulum. It probably took us two months, but we somehow managed to secure a venue ourselves. At the end of it we were exhausted and confused and realized we couldn’t go it alone any longer. Cue more research! I turned to Instagram where I soon came across Fresa Weddings. From all of the photos I saw, I knew Kristee could bring our vision to life. And just like that, It was love at first email! We had an instant connection and she could see my vision from thousands of miles away! She made the planning process so organized, but also so much fun!! Together, we created the most beautiful and unique day I could’ve ever imagined! It was pure bliss. The magic about Kristee is she listens to your every idea, and being the expert she is, creates something so uniquely tailored to you! She is the best decision you will ever make and I’m eternally grateful for the masterpiece that was our wedding day!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie J Miller · Married on 02/24/2019

Magical Lady Who Makes Dreams Come True

While Kristee isn't my fairy godmother, she sure felt like it. Both my husband and I have busy and stressful jobs, so it was critical to find someone who could help us plan our destination wedding who we could trust to create something beautiful and magical on such an important day. We found her work through Pinterest and we kept stumbling across her weddings in photos and we loved them all so much. She has such an amazing eye for color, texture, and detail. We were both so happy, and no words can express just how grateful we are to Kristee and her entire team of professionals!! Just to illustrate how good they are, one of our guests is also a wedding planner/event coordinator at a fancy country club back home, and he's great to go to weddings with, because he sees all the 'behind the scenes' things that normal people who aren't in the industry don't notice. After the wedding he came up to me and told me just how impressed he was with the staff, and how on point everything was run, I was surprised because he's a tough critic! His comments make total sense though, cause from our point of view, and the guests point of view, who know nothing about the ins/outs of executing an event like a wedding, we all had a FANTASTIC time!! Everything was run so professionally, and so smoothly! So many brides I talk to say they never got to eat on their wedding day, and they have these sad stories about grabbing McDonalds on their way home that night, and so I was prepared to be very hungry the day of my wedding, but Kristee was sure to bring Matt and I our signature drinks and appetizers, so we could snack during the photo shoot, and the event was so well timed, we actually got to EAT DINNER! Some brides may not care about that, but. . .some of us want to eat and enjoy the food we paid for! lol. . .(my midwestern roots I suppose). Anyway, the day was beyond beautiful and it was like dream come true. . . everyone keeps telling us how our wedding was 'one of the most beautiful they've ever been to' or that it 'looks like something out of a magazine'. . .honestly, it was beautiful, and perfect. But even more important, was just how easy and stress-free the day was. It really allowed us to focus on each other, our family and our guests, rather than stressing out about last minute details. I could continue to gush about how fantastic she and her team are for days. . . but bottom line: SHE IS FANTASTICALLY TALENTED!! She'll take care of you and make all your dreams come true too!

Sent on 03/16/2019

Kathy Goerke, Mother Of Bride · Married on 01/28/2019

Kristee is the supreme wedding planner!!

I don't even know where to begin. Words can't describe the experience we had from start to finish working with Kristee as my daughter's wedding planner. From our first phone call we knew we could expect great attention to detail and dependable service from someone who truly loves what she does. Every testimonial you read on her website is exactly who she is. My daughter's wedding exceeded our expectations. I remember taking care of all the little details of my own wedding by myself, even having to call the florist the morning I was getting married. None of this was a concern at all with my daughter's wedding...Kristee has every detail coordinated. Every vendor she booked provided great service and arrived on-time as expected. We we able to relax and enjoy our time with our family and friends, all the while hearing from our guests how stunning all her design details were. Look no further for a wedding planner, you have found the perfect one!

Sent on 01/28/2019

Katie Cachia · Married on 01/17/2019

Great Experience!

Kristee was absolutely amazing from the very start of our wedding planning process. She helped us plan the most picture perfect wedding we could have ever dreamed of.

Planning a wedding all the way from Canada was a little stressful, but she truly made this such a wonderful experience for my fiance and I. I 100% trusted her advice and knew she was taking us in the direction that was going to lead to the most unforgettable day.

She is very professional, responded to our million of questions immediately and always gave us the best advice.

We cannot thank her enough.

Sent on 01/27/2019

Nadine Kaplan · Married on 01/10/2019

Best In the business

Words cannot describe how thankful we are to have found Fresa Weddings. Kristee and her team are the best in the business.

Having a destination wedding can be totally nerve wracking, but not with Kristee. From our very first call to our very last communication she calmed our nerves with constant professionalism, enthusiasm and her killer personality. We were at total ease throughout the entire process.

What we loved most about working with Kristee was her attention to detail, and the fact that she gets to know you, your vision and your styles...wraps it all up and runs with it, with total excitement (even if the ideas are ones she’s never done before. Ie Bubbly bar and Entry way doors :)

We can’t thank Fresa Weddings enough for executing the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 01/25/2019

Brenda B · Married on 11/18/2018

Simply put...AMAZING

Kristee was our wedding planner for our Nov 2018 wedding in Tulum. Planning a destination wedding is extremely nerve wrecking & requires a great deal of trust in your wedding planner. My first call with Kristee, I knew she had the knowledge, experience & Will to bring my vision to life. She is honest, she will stay within budget, she will give you options, she asks the right questions, & is simply an amazing person. Her energy is magnetic. The day of went off without a hitch, I was so impressed with Kristee & her team, the vendors she works with, Everything flowed perfectly. Kristee, I can’t thank you enough for putting together the wedding of my dreams. We had so many compliments from our guests, Thank You Thank You Thank You!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Albert · Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding of our dreams!

We are so lucky to have found Kristee! Without her, there's no way we could have managed our destination wedding, and she made every step so fun, comfortable, and organized. We arrived to Mexico trusting that everything would be in order and looking fabulous for us, and it was!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Lisa · Married on 04/07/2018

Kristee and her team are absolutely fabulous! Kristee is always responsive and helpful with questions throughout the process. As a bride she made my wedding process planning easy. I was so nervous going into planning a destination wedding in Mexico until i had my first talk with Kristee. She eased my worries and made me feel confident that all was going to go great. When i arrived to my own wedding i was BLOWN AWAY. It exceeded our expectations and was the most beautiful day! We can't thank her and her team enough for making that day so special and designing exactly what we wanted for our beach vows.

Sent on 06/04/2018
  • Y

Yuri · Married on 03/03/2018

Kristee was absolutely amazing. My dream wedding wouldn’t have happened without her. She is professional, energetic, and I had a blast working with her. From the very beginning of planning to the very end, she always there with great advice. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 02/12/2018

Jojo · Married on 02/23/2018

Kristee is an absolute dream of a wedding planner! Not only is she fun to work with, but she is also very communicative, highly experienced and willing to work within my means to achieve my exact vision for my wedding. She is detail-oriented, creative and thoughtful about guiding her clients through the wedding planning process. I had a strong aesthetic vision for my wedding and she helped me bring every detail I wanted to life. She was upfront and practical about logistics without ever sacrificing the ambience and experience.

My wedding was more than I ever could have hoped for. Her attentiveness and professionalism allowed me to fully relax and soak up every moment of my wedding week in Tulum, not having to worry about a thing for the wedding. THANK YOU Kristee and team Fresa - I couldn't be happier to be a Fresa bride <3

Sent on 03/19/2018

Nikita · Married on 02/17/2018

Where do I start?! Our wedding at Akiin Beach on 2/17/18 was unforgettable as all our family and friends keep telling my husband and I. Kristee guided me every step with suggestions when I was completely lost or unsure of ideas. She went above and beyond to help in any way she could when an unforeseen circumstance occurred a few months before the wedding! She searched high and low for specialty liquor we wanted for our signature drink that held a special place in our hearts! She was so professional, so sweet, and having a destination wedding I was worried about a planner being unresponsive since we had never had a face to face conversation, but Kristee put me at ease every step of the way and quickly responded to all emails. I am just so thankful we found her. Thinking of a wedding in Tulum, BOOK HER!!! You will not regret it! Thank you so much again Team Fresa!

Sent on 02/26/2018

Nicole · Married on 02/10/2018

My goodness, not sure where to start! I am not the bride who has dreamt of her wedding day since I was a child.. I am not detail oriented, nor am I creative. When Kristee and I met, I told her I just wanted a fancy fiesta full of bright flowers, an ocean breeze and plenty of alcohol. She executed everything to.a.tee!!! Kristee is so organized, she knows Mexico well and knows what to recommend and she is just a pleasure to be around. I loved working with Kristee, she truly made our wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 02/19/2018

Teresa · Married on 02/10/2018

If you are looking for an amazing, magical, special, wonderful and beautiful wedding then look no further than Kristee Smith of Fresa Weddings!
    My daughter decided that she wanted a destination wedding and so she landed on Tulum as the location. She throughly researched different wedding planners and Kristee’s name kept coming up. In November 2016 my daughter, her fiancée and I had a conference call with Kristee. We had so many questions and she answered all of them and put our minds at ease. She was so comforting to me on that call and I knew that we had made a great decision to hire her. Then we started planning for the February 2018 wedding. Boy does time fly! We had so many visions in our minds and Kristee brought those visions and many more to reality. Being the control freak that I am, I was involved in everything. I sent so many emails to Kristee and each and every one was answered in a prompt manner.
    Kristee has a wonderful eye for detail and nothing goes unnoticed. I think her favorite part of planning has to be the flowers. Oh, the flowers!! For the life of me I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many at a wedding. It was like walking into a floral warehouse. Just beautiful.
    The wedding was on the small side, 45 guests at Akiin Beach Club. Very private. All of our guests had so much fun and they ALL danced the night away. I don’t think I’ve ever been to a wedding where literally every single guest danced all night long!
    I lost count of all the guests that came up to me to tell me it’s the best wedding they have ever been to and I think they truly meant it.
    It’s been a week now and we are still on cloud 9, constantly looking at the pictures. The pictures just don’t do it justice because I have never seen anything so beautiful.
    It was clear to my husband and me that Kristee and her staff worked tirelessly to create the best wedding possible while staying within our budget. We feel that we got our money’s worth and so much more.

Sent on 02/19/2018

Shirin · Married on 12/16/2017

Of all the Wedding planners out there, Why work Kristee? The answer is simple. You simply won't find another person that is as dedicated, passionate and dependable as her. I firmly believe that this is her true calling in life and it shows through and through. And the cherry on top? She's one of the most cheerful and positive people you'll ever meet, which comes in really handy for your bridezilla & groomzilla moments. As two busy executives, having a "low stress" wedding planning processes and a "stress-free" wedding was a top priority for Eric & I. We met Kristee down in Tulum and we instantly knew we had to work with her. We loved that we didn't have any language barriers with her and that she was always on top of things (highly responsive to emails, etc). Later on we found out that unlike other planners in the area, she only takes on a few select clients each year which allows her to really focus on delivering your dream wedding. She had the wedding planning process so dialed in, that I distinctly remember 3 weeks before the wedding **everything** was done. I was basically sitting at home twirling my thumbs because every detail was already accounted for and gosh I loved that. Fast forward to our Wedding day. We woke up to a massive downpour of rain (not exactly "ideal" weather for the dream beach wedding that we'd been planning for over a year). Naturally, I was a bit bummed but I distinctly remember that I didn't worry for a second about the ceremony or reception details because I was sure Kristee was already executing on our Plan B. And as luck would have it by early afternoon, the clouds parted and the beautiful sun came out. And I married the love of my life on the beach with beautiful pampas floral arrangements and 80 of our closest friends and family surrounding us just like Kristee had promised me. I feel so incredibly lucky that we found Kristee because I know for certain there isn't another planner that could've delivered the way Kristee did.

Sent on 03/04/2018

Jessie · Married on 11/08/2017

Kristee and the Fresa team were nothing short of amazing! They took our ideas and vision and turned it into everything that we wanted, and more ! From the tiniest of detail Kristee had us covered and always kept our best interests in mind! Organizing from another country can be stressful, but we were so thrilled when we saw everything come to life and had guests gush about how beautiful it was ! We can't thank Fresa enough for a magical day!
    Jessie & Stephen

Sent on 11/28/2017

Andrea · Married on 07/17/2017

My fiancé and I chose to get married in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico because we heard it was a gorgeous place, so why not right?! However, deciding to do a destination wedding in a place you’ve never visited before can be a daunting task to say the least. What wedding vendors do we use, what venue do we choose, and who will take care of it all for us? By pure luck we stumbled upon a GEM - Kristee at Fresa Weddings! We instantly fell in love with her website because we knew we weren’t getting a typical cookie cutter wedding. From the very first interaction to the last Kristee was always wonderful to work with. She was so easy to work with, extremely professional, and genuinely excited to help create the wedding of our dreams! Throughout the entire planning process, Kristee always set our minds at ease by recommending trust worthy vendors to take care of all of our wedding needs. She even helped avoid a disaster when the resort we were staying at decided not to allow any of my vendors inside to help get me ready for my big day. Kristee truly saved the day, she found an alternate place for me to get ready at and it worked out amazingly! The entire day was beyond perfect and we never worried about a thing! Her attention to detail and vision are one of a kind. The decor, food, music, photography, everything...was spot on and exceeded all of our expectations!

Thank you so much Kristee and your amazing Fresa dream team for everything you did for us on our special day! We are so thrilled with how everything turned out. You brought our wedding dreams to life and we will never be able to thank you enough for that.

If anyone is looking for an amazing wedding planning team look no further - Fresa Weddings is your answer!

Forever grateful,

Andrea & Kris

Sent on 09/17/2017

Emily · Married on 06/15/2017

We can't express how happy we are with Kristee and her team at Fresa Weddings! We planned our destination wedding in Playa Del Carmen from Canada and Kristee made the entire process so straight forward! She saw my vision for our day and took it to the next level, all while staying within our budget. She was super responsive to any questions and concerns we had and kept us in the loop with all of the planning. She also had the best recommendations for vendors, including hair, makeup, photography and videography. All of the vendors she recommended were incredible, and this saved us so much time and stress! On the day everything ran so smoothly without myself or bridal party having to lift a finger. Kristee and her team had everything organized to perfection! We were able to enjoy our day getting ready, arrive, get married(!!!), celebrate and relax the day after! Our guests could not stop commenting all night and ever since, about how beautiful the entire day was and that it was the best wedding they had been too! My number one tip for brides-to-be is to hire a wedding planner, and if you are getting married in Mexico - Fresa Weddings are the BEST!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Natasha · Married on 05/20/2017

When you think of your dream wedding and dream day you think it can be perfect. What you don't imagine is that it can actually be better than perfect. Kristee and her team are beyond your wildest imagination and exceed perfection. From the moment I first contacted Kristee (pre-engagement might I add haha) she was so excited and enthusiastic about what I envisioned for my big day. Throughout the year and the countless emails I sent leading up to the wedding, adding things and people last minute (like 4 days before the wedding last minute) Kristee handled it like a pro. She made sure that every detail was taken care of and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I got to sit back and enjoy my wedding day stress free!

I did a site visit with my mom before the wedding and getting to meet Kristee in person was such a great experience. She is so kind and loving and makes you instantly feel as though you've known each other for years. She makes every detail about your wedding important to her and not because that's part of her job, but because she genuinely cares and want's to make your wedding as perfect as humanly possible.

The wedding day was unbelievable. I had a vision of what I hoped it would look like and it was blown out of the water. TeamFresa is just WOW! They turned a beautiful venue into a spectacular one!! All of my guests kept coming up to me saying they felt like they were on a movie set. The vendors that Kristee has hand selected are the best I've ever seen. BesoBrides, are a husband/wife hair/makeup team and they literally make magic happen. Her florist is incredible, one of my guests is a wedding florist back home and she was blown away. The DJ, food, cake, venue - perfection! Everything Kristee does, she does with her whole heart. She pours herself into every little detail and her passion shows in the beautiful weddings she creates. Thank you Kristee from the bottom of my heart for making my dream wedding a reality. XOXO Natasha and Coedy

Sent on 05/27/2017