French Picnic Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• W
    Whitney Married on 12/11/2021

Couldn't be Happier

Edward and his team were amazing from start to finish. Edward was responsive and accomodating, his food was amazing, and his team was professional. French Picnic truly went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect. Due to Covid our guest count ended up being significantly lower than we anticipated when we first reached out for a quote, and Edward was flexible in modifying the quote, which we really appreciated. We had a winter wedding and Edward created a seasonally inspired menu that everyone loved. Guests are still raving about the food and we couldn't be happier with our decision to hire French Picnic.
  • Courtney
    Courtney W. Married on 10/13/2021

Hire Edward and his team for an amazing catering experience!

I truly can’t capture in words the exceptional service Edward and his team provided to my husband and I on our wedding day and throughout the wedding planning experience. Edward was accommodating, flexible, and kind throughout our wedding planning process. He delivered fresh, amazing food and many of our guests told us that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Edward and his team always remembered my dietary redirections and ensured I had delicious food to eat. Edward’s timing with courses and service was impeccable. From the table settings to serving the cake, we did not have to worry about anything food-related on the day of our wedding. If you don’t book French Picnic for your wedding catering, you are missing out!
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey W. Married on 08/28/2021

Best wedding food

Our guests are still raving about the food from French Picnic. Between the passed appetizers and the family style meal there was something for everyone! Edward worked with us to create a menu that just perfect. The value of their services is unmatched, thank you so much French Picnic!!
    Katherine S. Married on 08/21/2021

Our guests are still talking,,,

For us, having amazing food at our wedding was a high priority and French Picnic went above and beyond. Edward was a dream to work with and built a menu that was perfect for us. Everything was fresh and delicious, and our guests are still talking about how amazing the meal was, including our many vegetarian and gluten-free guests who were so appreciative about the selections available to them. The staff was amazing and even set aside a board of the appetizers for us so we could attempt to try everything that was served. The only thing I am sad about is we did not get to eat as much as we wanted, because we were pulled away for photos, cake cutting, etc. and food was taken away when we returned to our table. But our guests were happy and well-fed so that is all that matters!
  • Allison
    Allison C. Married on 07/10/2021

Incredible Food and Experience

Edward and his team were incredible to work with throughout the entire planning process! The food at our wedding was our top priority and we could not have been happier with French Picnic and all of their thoughtful touches on the day of. We kept hearing that it was the best wedding food anyone had ever had. It wasn't just great food "for a wedding" but genuinely great food. Cocktail hour was a hit with excellent oysters and amazing passed apps. The family-style dinner made for such a fun meal for everyone and really encouraged mingling among our guests. It felt like a very elevated summer dinner party! We couldn't recommend French Picnic enough.
  • T Zahn
    Teresa Married on 06/12/2021

Unforgettable!

We cannot think of just one part of the meal that was our favorite because it was all amazing! Guests from the wedding are still raving about the food, from the appetizers to the second course and sides! French Picnic helped to put us at ease with their experience and flexibility and the whole staff was so helpful and kind. Thank you French Picnic for helping to make our day as unforgettable as we dreamed.
  • Ellie
    Ellie F. Married on 06/05/2021

So incredible!

French Picnic is an absolute gem! First – the food. It is so incredibly delicious and made with so much care and attention. Our guests still comment on how wonderful every single item on the menu was. Edward and his team are so knowledgeable on what food brings to a special occasion. They make sure that what they are providing reflects who you are as a couple, and they create something really unique. They make you feel like you aren’t just feeding your guests, but you are throwing the biggest party of your life and the food and service will reflect how extraordinary that is.
  • Travis
    Travis D. Married on 05/29/2021

The food and experience with Ed and his team was 5 star!

My wife had a grand vision of a beautiful family style meal at our wedding whereby everyone would be able to interact as they ate. We found French Picnic with a quick google search and didn’t even bother looking at other options. Once we spoke on the phone to Edward and how he spoke so eloquently about food, we were beyond excited. To say he exceeded our expectations is an understatement. Beyond just all of his staff and how friendly they were, the table settings were beautifully done, the food was perfect and everything my wife and I hoped it would be. We would recommend French Picnic ten times over if we could!

Helen Married on 10/03/2020

Excellent in every way

We had a small outdoor wedding on October 3rd 2020. The food was perfect and the servers were fantastic. All of our guests loved the food and we are very happy that we chose French Picnic to cater our wedding.
    Nathan C. Married on 06/27/2020

Best Wedding Food EVER!

To put it very simply, Edward and his team made the best wedding meal we and any of our guests have ever had. We are a week passed our wedding and still receiving rave reviews about how excellent the food was!
    Due to COVID, we began working with Edward a full two years before we were able to host our event. Throughout the entire process, including the postponement, he and his team were incredibly supportive and responsive to our every need. At our private tasting, he showed us a range of options that he could prepare for a group of our size (180) and allowed us to select exactly what we wanted for the day, rather than stick to a pre-set menu. This flexibility allowed us to feel like even the food was tailored to our wants.
    At the wedding, his team was perfectly professional and attentive. As bride and groom, we felt particularly well cared for that night. His crew set a beautiful table and filled it with a family style meal over three courses that we would have felt privileged to be served at a fine dining restaurant. Every item was gorgeously prepared and delivered, the ingredients were fresh and almost entirely local, and the service was impeccable. They followed our schedule precisely and no one left hungry or wanting.
    Thank you Edward and the entire French Picnic team for curating such a special meal for us and helping us navigate this year with terrific care and consideration. We will be recommending French Picnic to everyone we know so that we can, hopefully, have their delicious food again soon!
  • Alissa
    Alissa Married on 06/20/2020

Some of the best food I've ever had!

French Picnic stepped up and helped us after our original caterer cancelled two weeks prior to our wedding. Having French Picnic serve our guests was probably one of the best decisions we made throughout the process as the food was absolutely incredible. I wish I could order the mini crab cakes and have them delivered overnight (yes they are that good!). Everything from the passed appetizers to the final course was amazing and professionally delivered. We didn't talk to anyone that wasn't impressed by the caterer, even our Venue owners were impressed! French Picnic is on their way to becoming the best caterer in Maine.
  • Perry
    Perry A. Married on 10/12/2019

Cannot Recommend Edward enough

My partner and I really wanted to ensure that we had two things at our wedding: really good wine/beer selection, and delicious food. Edward did not disappoint as our caterer. From our initial tasting to the wedding itself, Edward was incredibly friendly and just an all around cool person. He has a diverse menu to choose from, and is the type of individual who is constantly inspired to create new things. He is incredibly easy to work with and our guests could not get over how delicious the food was. Literally almost every single person said something along the lines of, 'This was by far the best food I've ever had at a wedding...or in general, really.' (Plus, we loved the family style--we don't understand why more people don't do this! It's an awesome way for guests to have more flavor options, more food in general, and is much less of a logistical nightmare). We cannot recommend Edward enough--he is an absolute gem. If you are thinking of hiring him for your wedding, you absolutely should!
    Danielle Married on 09/21/2019

We're still getting compliments on the food!

Wedding planning can be really overwhelming! One of the best decisions me and my husband made was hiring Edward from French Picnic Catering for our September wedding with 150 guests. The food is absolutely the best. We’re still getting compliments on the different dishes weeks after the wedding. The staff is attentive, genuine and will go over and above to make your day great. Lastly, Edward is truly wonderful. From the start, his attitude was positive, relaxed and you can tell how much he really does care about having only the best for your day. He was also very accommodating and provided a vegan option for me and a few of my guests. Thanks to Edward and his staff, everyone had an amazing dining experience at our wedding!
    Caitlin Married on 09/14/2019

Fantastic catering and more

Edward and his team are outstanding from start to finish - the food is fantastic, from delicious passed hors d'oeuvres to a real feast come dinner time. But they really shine in their friendliness and professionalism. We had a DIY wedding on our lawn and they made it feel like Michelin service. The choreography and quality is really outstanding.
  • Anna
    Anna G. Married on 08/24/2019

Incredible!!!

We contacted several catering companies before my dad heard about French Picnic and thank goodness he did! Edward was such a joy to work with. From the moment we reached out all the way till the wedding he was in touch answering any questions we had. Since my husband and I live in Colorado, he offered my parents a tasting which they loved. He helped us plan a family style menu that our guests cannot stop talking about. French Picnic really is a one-stop-shop where Edward will think of everything. The appetizers were phenomenal as were the mains and he even had coffee service for us.

If there is one thing you need to try before you die, it is the steak! It was cooked to absolute perfection and it is the thing of dreams. Edward and his team make you feel like part of the family! Thank you so much for being so kind and for creating the tastiest dishes! 10/10 would recommend.
    Rachel Married on 07/20/2019

Excellent and delicious

Edward and his team were professional and friendly. The food was delicious and amazing and we still have people raving to this day. Many thanks to French Picnic. Can’t go wrong.
    Susan B. Married on 07/20/2019

Susan M Brown

French Picnic catered my cousin's wedding at Bailey Island Library Hall on July 20, 2019. The vegetables, meats, fruit and cheeses were all exceptionally good. The food was served family style with dishes to pass around the table. The servers were attentive and friendly. I usually dont remember the food served at weddings but this is wedding was the exception. If I were in need of a caterer I would definitely hire French Picnic. Since I was just a guest at this wedding, I cant speak to the value for the cost, but my cousin was very happy, so that counts for something. The staff also made sure we had bottles of wine and champagne on our table and they also distributed water bottles later on.
  • Casey
    Laura Married on 07/13/2019

Above and beyond, would choose French Picnic again and again

French Picnic was better than we even could have imagined for our wedding! From day 1 with the tasting Edward was so easy and fun to work with. Every single thing, from the passed apps through 2 full dinner courses, was absolutely delicious and we loved that it was also seasonal and fresh for our July wedding. We had read a number of reviews from others saying that their guests still bring up how wonderful the food was, and now we are living that too. Months later, our guests are still talking about the amazing food at our wedding.

In addition to Edward being a delight to work with and the food being outstanding, the pricing was also extremely reasonable, a great deal for a high quality of service. Given the opportunity to plan another big event, I would honestly choose French Picnic every single time!
    Jennifer Married on 06/22/2019

Best Food Ever

Edward and his staff at the French Picnic were amazing! The family style service of multiple courses satisfied everyone down to my pickiest cousin to my very high taste aunt. Everyone raved about the food for weeks after my wedding. People always say you never get to eat at your own wedding, well Edwards food was so delicious I made sure I wasn't one of those brides. I ate everything! I cant recommend him enough. On top of his amazing food he was also the most affordable I looked at! I wish he would open a restaurant so I could enjoy his cooking again!
  • Kristin
    Kristin Married on 06/22/2019

Best Food Ever

I cannot say enough great things about Edward and his team at the French Picnic. We were BLOWN away by the food. My guests constantly tell me it was the best food they've ever had. I am truly honored that we had the French Picnic team a part of our big day. You never know what you are going to get when choosing vendors - I am here to tell you, you will NOT regret choosing this crew. Edward is a food genius! Make sure you get a to go bride and groom plate so you don't miss out while chatting with your guests!
    Alicia Married on 06/08/2019

Unbelievable food, incredible experience.

The food was our #1 priority for our June wedding. Edward made the entire experience so easy. We felt like we were priority number 1 and that he really understood the vibe we were going for. The process and pricing was extremely straightforward. French Picnic really shines if you let Edward take the reigns a bit and you follow his food suggestions. You will not be disappointed. Guests were very impressed by our 3 course dinner (everyone had a favorite dish including some pickier family members and foodie friends). Service was impeccable and his team was amazing. They brought super positive energy: It was obvious they really love what they do and like to have a good time doing it. Do not hesitate to hire Edward and his French Picnic team.
  • Dani
    Dani L. Married on 06/04/2019

French Picnic made our wedding so delicious and perfect!

I could not more highly recommend Edward and his staff from French Picnic. Our wedding was unbelievably meaningful and perfect, and that was because Ed created the most beautiful meal, served hot to 200 guests who are still raving about how delicious it all was. From our first phone call, we knew we had found someone special. Ed is so warm and professional, and set us all at ease during what can be a stressful, though exciting time. He worked closely with our family, accommodated our dietary needs, visited our venue several times to prepare, and sourced local and fresh ingredients to create the most memorable meal. Tender steak! Slow roasted tomatoes! Lemony asparagus! Juicy chicken! Polenta and shrimp! I still dream about that lovely dinner. On the big day, it all seemed so effortless. Our wedding was decadent beyond our dreams, but still very much well within a reasonable budget. Ed worked with us to create something amazing. We had plenty of foodies in attendance that night who are still raving that it was the best wedding food they've ever had, and I have to agree. Do yourselves a favor and give French Picnic a call!
    Mary Married on 01/19/2019

Ed and French Picnic Catering

Ed from French Picnic Catering was the only vender who wanted to talk to us personally on the phone before we began the decision process to choose a caterer for our daughters wedding. From the moment we first talked to Ed, he was like talking to a family member in regards to all the things we wanted to do to make the wedding special. Upon meeting Ed in person at the food tasting and the following meetings at the venue, we couldn't ask for a better planning partner. By far, the best decision we made on trusting and choosing Ed for the menu and all the details. With his professional warm and caring personality, Ed far exceeded our expectations. The food was hot, fresh, delicious, and plenty of it! Family style worked so well at this venue for our 200 family members and friends. The staff were timely, efficient, pleasant and made all our guests feel at home. Our guests raved about the presentation of how lovely the tables were set and how declicious, fresh and plentiful the food was. We would highly reccomend Ed from French Picnic and his staff to choose for your special occasion. Most importantly keeping us at ease throughout the process. Hands down to Ed and French Picnic Catering for an amazing, personal, wonderful and exceptional experience!
    Elizabeth F. Married on 09/22/2018

The absolute best.

From the very first point of contact, Edward was extremely professional. We decided to go with him after the tasting, we only had to try a few dishes before we knew we definitely wanted to go with him — everything was amazing and the presentation was beautiful. You can tell how much Edward cares about freshness, taste, and the overall dining experience. We were concerned due some allergies in the family, and Edward and his team were extremely meticulous in ensuring all allergies were taken into consiration and made accommodations accordingly. You can tell that Edward and his team put their heart and soul into the preparation and delivery of each piece of food, everything was absolutely delicious, it’s been a month since the wedding and people are still raving about the food... thank you so much Edward for being such an integral part of my big day and helping create an overall experience that is truly unforgettable. Highly recommend Edward and his amazing team! ❤️
    Rachel Married on 09/08/2018
    French Picnic was by far my favorite vendor at our wedding. Edward and his team cook amazing food! We did a tasting with Edward when first hiring him, and my father, who fancies himself a good cook, could not stop raving about how great the food was. We couldn't wait for the actual wedding. Our guests have not stopped raving about how amazing the meal was, and how much food there was! We've even had people ask if Edward has a restaurant so they can eat his food on their own. Not only was the food delicious and abundant, but the price was extremely competitive. I am so incredibly happy we hired Edward, and would recommend him to anyone planning a wedding.