Foundry Art Centre Reviews

14 | Saint Charles, MO

14 Reviews for Foundry Art Centre

Kelsey · Married on 10/08/2016

The Foundry is such a beautiful venue for wedding. Melanie was so helpful and was always there to answer any and all of our questions! Their preferred caterers were all great and they even gave us recommendations for photo booths, DJs and photographers which is so helpful when planning your big day. Having your tables and chairs already set up and ready made the day go that much smoother. All in all it was an absolutely beautiful venue and made our dream wedding complete. I would highly recommend the Foundry and Melanie!​

Sent on 05/02/2016

Stephanie & Eric · Married on 11/08/2014

Our experience with Foundry Art Centre was great! We have no bad comments about them! When we wanted to come check it out to get ideas, they were available immediately. They gave us great ideas, and were so easy to work with. We loved it! Plus it is already so beautiful as is! Great wedding venue for sure!!

Sent on 12/09/2014

We loved the venue! Make sure though if you have more then 220 guests you have a slightly smaller dance floor. We had a huge floor which crunched our guests tables together.

Sent on 09/02/2014
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 05/31/2014

I found this venue when they had a Wedding show there. I fell in love! It's a beautiful open space that you can do anything with! We had our ceremony and reception in the same location. Our caterer provided draping to separate the ceremony and reception space, then took it down after the ceremony to open it up. The feel of this place is absolutely amazing. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a different location than the typical banquet hall!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Kelly · Married on 11/10/2012

We had our wedding reception at the Foundry, and we really enjoyed it! Our guests loved the space as well. The Foundry is great because of it's unique space, and the flexibility to set up the room. The staff was very nice, and allowed us to test out some features before the day of the event. We loved it!

Sent on 12/10/2012

Brian · Married on 04/13/2013

If you have a large wedding, this place is wonderful. We invited over 300 people and had plenty of room for everyone. They have a stage if you have a band. I was surprised, when we sat down with the event coordinator, just how many different options we could choose when it came to tables and setup. The Foundry gave my bride and me, one less thing to worry about.

Sent on 05/07/2013

Meghan · Married on 02/09/2013

The Foundry is a fantastic venue and really pretty! Our wedding ceremony & reception were both there, and they were so perfect everyone is still talking about it. And we got some awesome photos in their art gallery and down at the riverside park.
    The bride that left the bad review about the staff is totally nuts! The event manager isn't there to work on your wedding - she does Foundry stuff and rents the place. We thought she was sooo nice and friendly & helped us out on a lot of things she didn't have to. We kept going in to see other reception setups and she always came out to give us ideas. And on the day of she helped us set up our slideshow and hang our globe lights.
    If jsbuffy needed more help with her own wedding - she should have used a preferred caterer. We used Russos and they did EVERYTHING for us before they even brought the food! They put out all our little placecards & photos & put together our centerpieces and even pinned up the tableclothes in pretty patterns :) Yeah it costs more for the whole package - but soooo worth it on the day of when you don't want the extra fuss for you & your family. We wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 08/12/2013
  • The future Mrs. L

Hilary · Married on 09/20/2013

My fiancé and I LOVED having our wedding reception at this venue! Our wedding turned out beautiful and everything that we envisioned happened. This is a great venue for any size wedding however they do have preferred caterers that you are pretty much required to work with unless you pay an "up charge" fee.

The facility manager that we worked with was wonderful. I'm not sure the experience of the other reviewer but the person we worked with was very accommodating, responsive and easy to work with.

Our caterer somewhat dropped the ball the day of the wedding with the our floor plan and the facility manager helped us out tremendously.

The only downfall is that the venue is a little pricey but if you have your wedding in "off-peak" times or on a Friday or Sunday evening you will save a significant amount of money. They also book up EXTREMELY quickly due to weddings and other events so you should book this venire before you decide on an exact wedding date.

I can not express how much I loved The Foundry Art Centre. Our wedding reception was beautiful and unforgettable.

Sent on 10/04/2013

Kelly · Married on 03/28/2009

The Foundry Art Centre was perfect for our reception! Everything was as promised and made a beautiful backdrop for our event. They were very easy to work with.

Sent on 04/14/2009

Tara · Married on 11/09/2013

4.2
      3.5

I LOVED the Foundry. The venue was beautiful and unique! I had multiple guests say they wanted to look into the Foundry for their upcoming weddings. The location was a great size for the amount of guests we had. (140). We had a large space for the bar, a cocktail area, large dance floor, and a photo booth! They also had a separate room where the buffet was set up. Perfect so the guests aren't walking around or avoiding the buffet.

My only complaint was not being notified when the event coordinator resigned about 2 weeks before my event. I had to call up there a few times before finding out who to contact (phones answered by a volunteer). The new contact only worked 2 days a week so finalizing things was a little difficult, but they did their best to accommodate my needs

Sent on 11/19/2013

Amanda · Married on 10/04/2008

3.0

I had such an amazing experience with The Foundry.

People were FLOORED by our wedding reception and how gorgeous it was. And the best part is that it comes with a LOT of free decor that you can use to your advantage instead of spending a bunch of money on expensive chair covers or cheesy toulle.

If you're planning a reception here I highly recommend getting the white fabric draped and the bubble lights lit. Total it will cost you $200.00, but it is REALLY worth it. They can do parties with up to 400 people which was a must since we invited 380. This is by far the best place to do your reception in St. Charles ESPECIALLY if it's going to be a big affair.

Catering is done by preferred vendors. A little bit more expensive than going with a location that does everything in-house, but you're paying for ambiance as well, so it really wasn't that drastic of a difference for us.

I've heard rumors that it is closing which makes me so very sad. We made some wonderful memories that night and I'll remember it forever!

Sent on 11/15/2008

3.5

The Foundry Art Centre was the perfect venue for my wedding! The space available is incredible and unique. You can arrange the venue any way to your liking. We had both our ceremony and reception at the foundry with 160 guests and there was plenty of room for both the ceremony space and reception.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Carolanne · Married on 10/03/2009

3.8
      3.0
      3.5

There was a small issue where they were trying to tell us we had to pay for something they had previously told us we wouldn�t be charged for, but we got it worked out. We also rented out their Ameristar gallery to use for our buffet tables which was extremely helpful. We had a lot of people and it just made getting dinner so much easier when they didn�t have to all squeeze onto the dance floor to get through the line. They provide all of the tables and chairs. The chairs are attractive enough that covers/sashes are NOT necessary unless you really want them.

Sent on 10/20/2009

Jessica · Married on 06/29/2013

2.5
      0.5
      0.5

Don't let the low review fool you, We loved the venue and how our wedding turned out. However the event coordinator at the venue may be the most difficult person to work with.....EVER!!!. If you are patient and know how deal with a very difficult person you will love the venue.

A wedding is already a stressful time then having the venues coordinator stress you out even more makes it very tough.

If you don't plan on not using their preferred caterer plan on her not helping you out at all. Even the caterer told us how rude she treated them. Our caterer may not work at the venue again just because of her.

I'm not going to go into all of the issues. She was just very rude, didn't show us any respect and just plan hard to work with.

If you can deal with all that then you'll be fine, because in all honesty the venue is fantastic.

Sent on 07/02/2013