Refined Beauty Inc. Reviews

60 | San Diego, CA

60 Reviews for Refined Beauty Inc.

Melissa · Married on 11/09/2019

Great team!

Kerry and her team were wonderful to work with! Planning a destination wedding required a lot of coordination and Refined beauty were so flexible in coordinating my trial and the wedding day hair/makeup. All of our hair and makeup looked great for our 16 hour wedding day. I am so thankful I had the opportunity to have them be part of my big day!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thanks for the awesome review, Melissa! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We are so luck to have a customer like you, and I agree with you - Kerry is truly a gem and the rest of the team!

We look forward to have again in your any event in the future!

Kylie · Married on 10/26/2019

So kind and talented!

I can’t say enough good things about Flora and her team! I really wanted a natural makeup look for my wedding and Flora delivered better than I could have ever expected. I felt beautiful, and my makeup and hair lasted throughout the entire wedding and reception.

The entire team worked so quickly and efficiently, even though we had 10 women who needed hair and makeup done in a short period of time. Flora has a very soothing presence and gave me excellent advice about being present during my wedding day when I was starting to feel stressed. I’m so fortunate to have found Flora and her team, they really made my wedding day so special.

Sent on 11/19/2019

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kylie. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We look forward to have you again in any of your events in the future!

All the best! ~ Refined Beauty Inc.
  • Hannah

Hannah Pak · Married on 09/28/2019

Thank you!

Had a great experience with Flora and her team! Flora was kind and calm during the whole process and she did an amazing job on my bridal hair and makeup. She also gave us a touch up kit which was so nice! Thank you Refined Beauty!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Hi Hannah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review! We're so happy to hear that you are pleased with our services. We look forward to the opportunity of working with you again in the future!

Denise Dacurro · Married on 09/15/2019

Everything I could have hoped for.

I’ll preface this my mentioning that I have never really thought of myself as pretty. It was extremely important to me that I felt confident and beautiful for my wedding, so after a disastrous trial with a different artist two weeks before the day, I was beginning to lose hope. But my fears and worries were eased when I booked a last minute trial with Flora who is probably one of the sweetest and most talented people I’ve met. I didn’t give her much to work with as far as what I envisioned my hair and makeup to be, but she really took the reins and worked her magic, doing what she thought would look good on me, but always taking my opinions into consideration. I was blown away. I’ve never felt more beautiful. On the day of the wedding, she and another member of the team (I forgot her name, I’m so sorry!) came a few minutes early to set up and started on two of my bridesmaids right on time. My bridesmaids looked so good, it made me tear up lol. By the time that we got started on my makeup, I learned that my mom, who needed to get her hair done, was running very late. It wasn’t a part of her job, but Flora did such a good job at keeping me calm and helping me not have a nervous breakdown. They managed to use what little time was left to do my mom’s hair, which turned out amazing. My makeup was everything I could have asked for. Full coverage without looking fake and cakey and nothing was too harsh and everything was blended seamlessly. I went for a half up look for my hair with loose braids and loose, beachy waves. Both lasted the whole day, from 11:00am to midnight in 90 DEGREE SEPTEMBER WEATHER for an outdoor wedding! And I have facial hyperhidrosis, which means that I can easily have sweat streaming down my face with minimal effort, and that makeup did not budge through all the wiping and dabbing. They do provide a touch up kit with setting powder, extra lipstick, etc. and I did not need to use it. My bridesmaids' makeup, which was done by the other artist, lasted the whole night as well, and they were receiving so many compliments. Thank you so much to Flora and the team. As somebody who has a very low self-esteem, I look back at my pictures with such warmth and happiness, because I truly looked and felt beautiful, which is something that I never thought I would feel. The quality of the service I received was worth so much more than I paid. I highly, highly recommend booking with them.

Sent on 10/12/2019

Hi Denise,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. It was such a pleasure to work with! You are kind and beautiful inside and outside! Thanks for being such an amazing and beautiful bride.

Sincerely,

Flora & Team
  • Z

Zirley · Married on 08/17/2019

Awesomely pleasant experience

Part 1 - Trial Appointment

When I first met Flora at my initial wedding makeup trial I was a bit nervous but her soothing and calm demeanor made me feel secure. We went over what styles of makeup I was interested in , and was very honest in her abilities. When getting the makeup started we began learn about each-other , she is really easy to talk to and again she has a very calm voice that make me feel calm, which for the wedding was key in keeping my cool. My makeup was stunning that I booked her right away for my wedding. I would recommend Refined Beauty to anyone. My makeup trial was amazing and she is easy to get along with. I also did hair which was amazing and stunning. Thank you Flora.

Part 2: Wedding Day Makeup and Hair
    When I the day started I woke up a little nervous but when Flora arrived to my hotel she made me feel calm and re-assured me that we would have more than enough time to do myself, my mother one of my bridesmaids. My mother was first she is 56 years young and she loved her makeup and hair she knows how to work with mature skin and did a perfect job improving her wrinkles and made her feel beautiful my mother also loved her hair . Then it was myself with my makeup Flora really knows how to read people and know when to give helpful advice. Flora told me to breath and gave me relaxing techniques that I really needed at the time. If you are looking for a makeup artist that will help aid in making you feel good inside and out this is your girl. I loved my hair it did stay all night and my makeup stayed all night until the honeymoon suite. My bridesmaid was last and I loved that Flora knew how to work with dark skin tone and made my friend look beautiful. Flora brought all her professional makeup supplies and stayed for makeup re-touches and photos at the end. She is very professional and would definitely re-hire her for future events.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Hi Zirey!

We are so happy to hear you are happy with your wedding services! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this beautiful review, you were such a delightful bride to work with as well!
    Once again, congratulations on your special day, we look forward to the opportunity of working with you again in the future.

Sincerely,

Refined Beauty Team
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 08/02/2019

Just Amazing!

Jennifer at Refined Beauty is amazing!! She made my bridesmaids and me so incredibly happy on my wedding day with her talented makeup skills! She was able to create a look exactly how I wanted: long lashes, sparkly eyeshadow, and a little bit of eyeliner. I highly recommend Jennifer to all bride-to-be’s for their wedding!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Yay! Thanks for this amazing review Victoria! You were a joy to work with. We can't wait to see your wedding photos. :)

Kristin Peake · Married on 07/03/2019

If you want to feel beautiful, hire Refined Beauty!

I recently hired Refined beauty to do my hair and make up while traveling to San Diego for a wedding weekend. Flora, the owner of Refined beauty showed up for both days that I had booked her and exceeded my expectations. I've never felt more beautiful and I was just a guest attending. Both events she did my makeup and hair exactly how I had explained. My makeup was flaw less and the compliments I received from guests was the highlight of my weekend! I would highly recommend refined beauty for any occasion big or small. It is worth every dime and the whole experience was so enjoyable! Thank you Flora!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Hi Kristin,

Reading this review brings joy to my day! We are very happy that you loved our service. You made it so easy for us to work with you :)

Hope we can doll up again n the near future!

Melissa · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Experience!

Flora was wonderful! She is so personable and great at her job. My hair and make up was amazing and lasted until the end of the night. Definitely would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Hi Melissa,

Thank you so much for this beautiful message! We enjoyed working with you! =]

Hope to work with you in the future again!
  • Michelle

Michelle Lin · Married on 06/16/2019

Made My Wedding Perfect!

Kerry was lovely to work with from Redefined Beauty. She is incredible at makeup and was patient with me throughout the process, allowing me to make edits and be honest when I wanted something adjusted. She worked on getting the Hollywood wave hairstyle I was wanting to complete my look from my trial to wedding day and kept me updated through texts and pictures of her progress. I was blown away by the quality of makeup and hair she provided. My wedding photos are proof of her talent. The makeup and hair lasted all night and I could not have asked for more. Thank you for the work you do!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thank you much for the great review! I'm so glad to hear that you love Kerry as much as we do! We hope to get the opportunity to work with you again!

Refined Beauty Team

Kaylee Vasquez · Married on 06/08/2019

Wedding Hair and Makeup for the bride and daughters

Flora and her team were incredibly flexible and patient with coordinating a destination wedding! They were professional and had the girls and I looking our best for the wedding ceremony! Thank you!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Matt

Matt and Laurie Yagyagan · Married on 03/23/2019

Refined Beauty is the best!

Kerry and the Refined Beauty team were amazing! I wanted to have a natural glam look with airbrush, and Kerry definitely delivered. Being Filipina, I know from experience that not all makeup artists know how to do makeup for Asian faces, so I did my research to find artists who knew what to do. Refined Beauty was the best of the bunch!

Kerry and her partner did the makeup for 6 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and 2 sisters. I was nervous we would be cutting the timeline close, but these talented artists made it all happen. They even gave us all little touch-up packages to touch up our makeup throughout the day. They were so fun to be with the day-of, and helped keep the morning stress-free.

Some tips for brides: Ask your MUA to stay after you've opened a present or read a letter from your soon-to-be husband and do a makeup trial before the wedding so that you can purchase the lipcolor ahead of time! I did do the makeup trial but didn't think ahead enough to buy the lip color Kerry used on me. She mixed two colors to make a unique one so I couldn't find one similar at any of the stores I went to. I also cried a ton when I read my husband's letter, and wish that I had asked Kerry to stay to touch me up. Still, the makeup stayed, despite all my tears!

I would highly recommend Refined Beauty! They are super professional, friendly, and affordable for the quality of service they provide.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Christella · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing makeup and hair by Cherry!

Cherry and her team did an incredible job on makeup and hair for my wedding. She is so knowledgeable about hair and makeup for different types of hair and skin, and I seriously learned so much from her. We finished hair and makeup early on wedding day, even with applying individual lashes!!! Cherry even did my husband's hair - he looked amazing and his bun stayed up all night too. An absolute pleasure to work with, I had so much fun at the trial and on wedding day!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Katerina · Married on 08/11/2018

Flora and her team did an amazing job with my hair and make up, also with my mom and bridesmaids makeup. Flora is such a sweetheart, she was so easy to talk to and to communicate what look I want, she did an amazing job. The makeup lasted a whole day, even though it was so hot and humid the make up stayed on point through out the party. I am so glad that she was available for my big day, because I am one happy bride. They made sure to come in 10 mins early and we were done 15-20 mins before we needed to head out. Thank you ladies for doing an awesome job, and for being so flexible with some minor changes.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much Katerina! Your kind words are appreciated. The photos look great! We are so glad to have been a part of your big day.

Rachel · Married on 08/10/2018

Flora and her team did an amazing job! All my bridesmaids hair & makeup looked amazing and I loved my makeup! Pricing is super affordable for hair & makeup and I love that lashes were included (and airbrush for bride).

Sent on 08/29/2018

Naho · Married on 08/09/2018

Flora and her team are such amazing people! Each one of my bridesmaids and I absolutely loved our hair and makeup look on the day of the wedding. For someone like me who did not know what I really wanted, Flora really brought out the best features of my hair and face, all while letting me look like myself. I brought in some photos of hair and makeup that I wanted done for my wedding, and she completely nailed it - she tailored the hair/makeup to look natural on me, while maintaining the feel that I was going for. On the day of the wedding, she was so punctual, and the way she arranged her team to do hair or makeup on the bride or bridesmaids/ mothers, everything went so smoothly and it made me and the wedding party feel so relaxed and not worried that we would run out of time. She was so accommodating to my schedule (considering I don't live in San Diego where she is based) and let me stop by for a trial on the day of, within a few hours of calling her. She was very responsive and professional for the entire time that we had been in communication, months out from the wedding date. If you are in the San Diego area (although they travel too), I would highly, highly recommend Flora and her team to do your hair and/ or makeup! We are so happy and very satisfied with this vendor! :)

Sent on 08/28/2018

Brianna · Married on 08/08/2018

Flora is an absolute gem! She did such an amazing job with my hair and makeup during an intense heatwave. She takes the time to really understand your skin, what works best for your face shape, and most importantly (for me) how to best take tiny Chinese monolids and make it pop in a classic way! She is accommodating and patient, professional, punctual, has the sweetest personality and the cutest dog! There is a reason why she's won those choice awards!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Brianna you were one of the sweetest clients ever! Thank you for your sweet words and for being so helpful on the day off. You even offered me food! I wish you nothing but the best!

Holly · Married on 07/07/2018

Flora and her team were amazing! Not only did they get all of us done in a timely manor (6 bridesmaids, 3 groomswomen, 2 mothers and me the bride) we all looked incredible throughout the day/night! Thank you Flora!!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Hollly thank you so much! Everyone was so fun and excited, we loved the energy. The photos look amazing. We're very happy to have been a part of it!

Stephanie · Married on 07/05/2018

Flora did such an amazing job on my hair and makeup. She is an amazing artist! She captured every aspect of what I was looking for in bridal makeup. I looked so natural yet glowy and my hair lasted the while night.

Sent on 08/21/2018

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thank you for the sweet review! We are glad to have helped you on your wedding day!

Regina G · Married on 06/23/2018

Amazing job!

I got married in June last year and had the most wonderful experience with Flora and her team. Kerry was my assigned stylist, and she glammed me up just enough to feel like a princess, but without going crazy and making me look like a doll. It was perfect! Her team was professional and Flora was really accommodating towards helping me book (since I called SO last minute.) Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/04/2019

Jess · Married on 06/03/2018

Flora is incredibly talented and kind. She cares a lot about her clients' happiness and is particularly great with makeup for Asians—which is harder to find/guarantee in the wedding makeup industry. She also has the sweetest dog that you might be lucky enough to meet at your trial.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Honest · Married on 05/19/2018

Flora and her team were amazing! They were professional, on time, and very easy to work with.

Flora was especially great. Not only did she seem to have magical skills in terms of transforming me into a beautiful bride, but she also was personable and had an exceptionally calming influence. She did such an amazing job with my hair and make-up which made my wedding day a dream come true. I gave her minimal direction (essentially, just to make me look natural), and I let her work her magic. In the end, I could not believe how perfect my make-up and hair came out. I had some tears during the wedding, but the make-up stayed flawless. I would highly recommend Flora!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thank you for the amazing review! We would also like to thank you for being so sweet and considerate of us. We glad you loved everything and we wish you a happy marriage.

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2018

Flora was fantastic!! I had Flora for my engagement and wedding hair/makeup service. Flora is very accommodating and easy to work with. This was my first time getting professional makeup service, I thought I had an idea of my “vision”, but in fact I had no idea! I changed mind on my makeup style a few times, Flora is very patient and asked for feedback throughout the process to make sure I get exactly what I wanted. I absolutely loved my makeup/hair look on my wedding day! Also, I found her pricing to be very reasonable.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thank you for the sweet review. We are filled with joy! So so glad you loved everything.

Crystal · Married on 10/14/2017

I absolutely loved Flora!!! I found her by just going online, and I won the jackpot! I got married in Mexico, and she was willing to travel. In fact, she made quite an addition to the wedding party and the guests. Flora is so easy to work with and she is incredibly talented. I would recommend her to every bride! In fact, I can't wait for another wedding so I can hire her to do my hair again!

Sent on 01/05/2018

Ally · Married on 10/07/2017

Flora did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding last weekend. At my bridal trial I was not sure of what I wanted. I showed her pictures of a trial I had with another MUA and pinpointed what I did not like, showed her pictures that I found on Pinterest of things I did like. I have Asian eyes (monolids) which is the hardest feature for most MUAs to work with, but Flora handled it with ease. I can tell she has a true understanding of how to hide imperfections and accentuate one's natural beauty. She is patient, gentle, and took her time to listen to what I wanted. She is artistically applying each stroke and tailoring it to fit my features. Flora also took the time with my hair. She listened to my concerns about my hair not holding a curl and suggested that I have it layered some more to bring out more texture (she was right!). I had a late trial that started at 5:30pm and ended almost at 9:00pm, but not once did Flora rush me and she always gave me her undivided attention throughout the whole trial.
    After booking, I provided some feedback on the trial and Flora made sure to notate everything I said so that she did not forget them on the wedding day. She always responded to my texts and emails in a timely manner which greatly reduced my stress level as the wedding date approached. When I told her a few days in advance that my 4 bridesmaids would also want hair and makeup done, she immediately gathered her team and confirmed that everyone of my bridal party will be taken care of.
    I cannot express my gratitude enough to Flora for making me look my very best on this special day. It was a sincere pleasure getting to know her and having her work her magic. I hope my review gives anyone who is unsure the reassurance to reach out to her for a trial. I am so very happy with Flora's work and highly recommend her! If I ever need my hair and makeup done for any event, she will be the first person I contact.

Thank you Flora. You are AMAZING!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much for trusting me and the team. It was an honor to be there with on your special day! <3

Audrey · Married on 09/30/2017

Thank you so much to Flora and her team! We absolutely loved Flora, who did my make-up and hair three times--bridal trial, engagement shoot, and finally at our wedding (and for our entire bridal party and mothers). She was super professional and an absolute joy to be around each time. She made me feel beautiful, but still myself and very natural. Flora also gave great advice on hair styling, extensions, and make-up choices. My bridesmaids, mother, and my husband's mother were very happy with Flora's team and the exquisite and detailed work that they did. My mother actually still cannot stop raving about Flora and hopes to get her make-up done by Flora again soon :) Flora stayed through all of the pictures and ceremony for touch-ups, which was wonderful and much appreciated. The entire booking process was easy and flexible, and Flora communicated very well. If I'm ever down in San Diego again for an event, I will for sure call her! Thanks Flora!

Sent on 01/18/2018