Refined Beauty Inc. Reviews

49 | San Diego, CA

49 Reviews for Refined Beauty Inc.

Refined Beauty Inc. 1
Refined Beauty Inc. 6
Refined Beauty Inc. 7

Kaylee Vasquez · Married on 06/08/2019

Wedding Hair and Makeup for the bride and daughters

Flora and her team were incredibly flexible and patient with coordinating a destination wedding! They were professional and had the girls and I looking our best for the wedding ceremony! Thank you!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Christella · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing makeup and hair by Cherry!

Cherry and her team did an incredible job on makeup and hair for my wedding. She is so knowledgeable about hair and makeup for different types of hair and skin, and I seriously learned so much from her. We finished hair and makeup early on wedding day, even with applying individual lashes!!! Cherry even did my husband's hair - he looked amazing and his bun stayed up all night too. An absolute pleasure to work with, I had so much fun at the trial and on wedding day!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Katerina · Married on 08/11/2018

Flora and her team did an amazing job with my hair and make up, also with my mom and bridesmaids makeup. Flora is such a sweetheart, she was so easy to talk to and to communicate what look I want, she did an amazing job. The makeup lasted a whole day, even though it was so hot and humid the make up stayed on point through out the party. I am so glad that she was available for my big day, because I am one happy bride. They made sure to come in 10 mins early and we were done 15-20 mins before we needed to head out. Thank you ladies for doing an awesome job, and for being so flexible with some minor changes.

Sent on 08/26/2018
    Refined Beauty Inc. 10
    Refined Beauty Inc. 11

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much Katerina! Your kind words are appreciated. The photos look great! We are so glad to have been a part of your big day.

Rachel · Married on 08/10/2018

Flora and her team did an amazing job! All my bridesmaids hair & makeup looked amazing and I loved my makeup! Pricing is super affordable for hair & makeup and I love that lashes were included (and airbrush for bride).

Sent on 08/29/2018

Naho · Married on 08/09/2018

Flora and her team are such amazing people! Each one of my bridesmaids and I absolutely loved our hair and makeup look on the day of the wedding. For someone like me who did not know what I really wanted, Flora really brought out the best features of my hair and face, all while letting me look like myself. I brought in some photos of hair and makeup that I wanted done for my wedding, and she completely nailed it - she tailored the hair/makeup to look natural on me, while maintaining the feel that I was going for. On the day of the wedding, she was so punctual, and the way she arranged her team to do hair or makeup on the bride or bridesmaids/ mothers, everything went so smoothly and it made me and the wedding party feel so relaxed and not worried that we would run out of time. She was so accommodating to my schedule (considering I don't live in San Diego where she is based) and let me stop by for a trial on the day of, within a few hours of calling her. She was very responsive and professional for the entire time that we had been in communication, months out from the wedding date. If you are in the San Diego area (although they travel too), I would highly, highly recommend Flora and her team to do your hair and/ or makeup! We are so happy and very satisfied with this vendor! :)

Sent on 08/28/2018

Brianna · Married on 08/08/2018

Flora is an absolute gem! She did such an amazing job with my hair and makeup during an intense heatwave. She takes the time to really understand your skin, what works best for your face shape, and most importantly (for me) how to best take tiny Chinese monolids and make it pop in a classic way! She is accommodating and patient, professional, punctual, has the sweetest personality and the cutest dog! There is a reason why she's won those choice awards!

Sent on 08/23/2018
    Refined Beauty Inc. 12
    Refined Beauty Inc. 13

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Brianna you were one of the sweetest clients ever! Thank you for your sweet words and for being so helpful on the day off. You even offered me food! I wish you nothing but the best!

Holly · Married on 07/07/2018

Flora and her team were amazing! Not only did they get all of us done in a timely manor (6 bridesmaids, 3 groomswomen, 2 mothers and me the bride) we all looked incredible throughout the day/night! Thank you Flora!!

Sent on 07/20/2018
    Refined Beauty Inc. 14
    Refined Beauty Inc. 15

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Hollly thank you so much! Everyone was so fun and excited, we loved the energy. The photos look amazing. We're very happy to have been a part of it!

Stephanie · Married on 07/05/2018

Flora did such an amazing job on my hair and makeup. She is an amazing artist! She captured every aspect of what I was looking for in bridal makeup. I looked so natural yet glowy and my hair lasted the while night.

Sent on 08/21/2018

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thank you for the sweet review! We are glad to have helped you on your wedding day!

Regina G · Married on 06/23/2018

Amazing job!

I got married in June last year and had the most wonderful experience with Flora and her team. Kerry was my assigned stylist, and she glammed me up just enough to feel like a princess, but without going crazy and making me look like a doll. It was perfect! Her team was professional and Flora was really accommodating towards helping me book (since I called SO last minute.) Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/04/2019

Jess · Married on 06/03/2018

Flora is incredibly talented and kind. She cares a lot about her clients' happiness and is particularly great with makeup for Asians—which is harder to find/guarantee in the wedding makeup industry. She also has the sweetest dog that you might be lucky enough to meet at your trial.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Honest · Married on 05/19/2018

Flora and her team were amazing! They were professional, on time, and very easy to work with.

Flora was especially great. Not only did she seem to have magical skills in terms of transforming me into a beautiful bride, but she also was personable and had an exceptionally calming influence. She did such an amazing job with my hair and make-up which made my wedding day a dream come true. I gave her minimal direction (essentially, just to make me look natural), and I let her work her magic. In the end, I could not believe how perfect my make-up and hair came out. I had some tears during the wedding, but the make-up stayed flawless. I would highly recommend Flora!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thank you for the amazing review! We would also like to thank you for being so sweet and considerate of us. We glad you loved everything and we wish you a happy marriage.

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2018

Flora was fantastic!! I had Flora for my engagement and wedding hair/makeup service. Flora is very accommodating and easy to work with. This was my first time getting professional makeup service, I thought I had an idea of my “vision”, but in fact I had no idea! I changed mind on my makeup style a few times, Flora is very patient and asked for feedback throughout the process to make sure I get exactly what I wanted. I absolutely loved my makeup/hair look on my wedding day! Also, I found her pricing to be very reasonable.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thank you for the sweet review. We are filled with joy! So so glad you loved everything.

Crystal · Married on 10/14/2017

I absolutely loved Flora!!! I found her by just going online, and I won the jackpot! I got married in Mexico, and she was willing to travel. In fact, she made quite an addition to the wedding party and the guests. Flora is so easy to work with and she is incredibly talented. I would recommend her to every bride! In fact, I can't wait for another wedding so I can hire her to do my hair again!

Sent on 01/05/2018
    Refined Beauty Inc. 16

Ally · Married on 10/07/2017

Flora did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding last weekend. At my bridal trial I was not sure of what I wanted. I showed her pictures of a trial I had with another MUA and pinpointed what I did not like, showed her pictures that I found on Pinterest of things I did like. I have Asian eyes (monolids) which is the hardest feature for most MUAs to work with, but Flora handled it with ease. I can tell she has a true understanding of how to hide imperfections and accentuate one's natural beauty. She is patient, gentle, and took her time to listen to what I wanted. She is artistically applying each stroke and tailoring it to fit my features. Flora also took the time with my hair. She listened to my concerns about my hair not holding a curl and suggested that I have it layered some more to bring out more texture (she was right!). I had a late trial that started at 5:30pm and ended almost at 9:00pm, but not once did Flora rush me and she always gave me her undivided attention throughout the whole trial.
    After booking, I provided some feedback on the trial and Flora made sure to notate everything I said so that she did not forget them on the wedding day. She always responded to my texts and emails in a timely manner which greatly reduced my stress level as the wedding date approached. When I told her a few days in advance that my 4 bridesmaids would also want hair and makeup done, she immediately gathered her team and confirmed that everyone of my bridal party will be taken care of.
    I cannot express my gratitude enough to Flora for making me look my very best on this special day. It was a sincere pleasure getting to know her and having her work her magic. I hope my review gives anyone who is unsure the reassurance to reach out to her for a trial. I am so very happy with Flora's work and highly recommend her! If I ever need my hair and makeup done for any event, she will be the first person I contact.

Thank you Flora. You are AMAZING!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much for trusting me and the team. It was an honor to be there with on your special day! <3

Audrey · Married on 09/30/2017

Thank you so much to Flora and her team! We absolutely loved Flora, who did my make-up and hair three times--bridal trial, engagement shoot, and finally at our wedding (and for our entire bridal party and mothers). She was super professional and an absolute joy to be around each time. She made me feel beautiful, but still myself and very natural. Flora also gave great advice on hair styling, extensions, and make-up choices. My bridesmaids, mother, and my husband's mother were very happy with Flora's team and the exquisite and detailed work that they did. My mother actually still cannot stop raving about Flora and hopes to get her make-up done by Flora again soon :) Flora stayed through all of the pictures and ceremony for touch-ups, which was wonderful and much appreciated. The entire booking process was easy and flexible, and Flora communicated very well. If I'm ever down in San Diego again for an event, I will for sure call her! Thanks Flora!

Sent on 01/18/2018

Amy · Married on 09/17/2017

Flora was absolutely wonderful to work with and did a truly amazing job on my hair and make up for my wedding day.

I booked a trial for both services and she took directions and customized the look to fit my needs.

The time quotes to complete the job was spot on and her prices are quite reasonable.

I've never felt more beautiful in my life and am so thankful to her. I felt so confident with my look and received so many compliments.

I highly recommend Flora!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Evelyn · Married on 09/10/2017

This team is professional, organized, punctual and just simply AMAZING! Flora and her team were meticulous about their work, resulting in flawless results. If ever I need a professional makeup/hair stylist again, I will definitely hire this team again.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thank you Evelyn! It was such a pleasure working with you and your family!

Tim · Married on 08/19/2017

Flora was the make-up artist for our wedding and she was fantastic! She’s fun, professional, and most importantly, great at her craft. She was great at communicating and answering any and all questions. The girls all looked incredible and we really enjoyed working with her!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Jiaxi · Married on 08/12/2017

I had Flora do my wedding and engagement hair and makeup and I was really satisfied with her work. I showed Flora few images I found online, and being a first timer at getting a professional make over, I really had no clue what suites me or what is involved in achieving my "vision". But Flora was really nice and easy to talk to and I felt comfortable in letting her take control. Since I also went to Flora for the engagement makeup, we were able to experiment more times in addition to the bridal trial. Even if there are things I don't like, she was able to fix them and make adjustment based on my feedbacks. And together we were able to work out the look that I feel the most comfortable with. In the end I think the look on my wedding day was great!

Sent on 08/29/2017
  • User7155015 · 1+ year ago

I love Flora! She and her team were super professional and gave me and my guests exactly what we asked for. Moreover, Flora was so sweet and friendly, and she's really experienced and has an eye for detail. I felt absolutely comfortable having her and her team. She made me and my guests feel great on my big day. I couldn't be more happy about the result!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Refined Beauty Inc.'s reply:

Thank you, love! It was a pleasure to work with you.

Patricia · Married on 07/08/2017

Finding a make-up artist was the most stressful part of the wedding planning for me mainly because I’m not a make-up person also because my 1st trial didn’t turn out good and made me not want to go through it again. So 2 weeks before the wedding I started researching and that is when I came across Flora on Yelp. She was really accommodating and scheduled the trial same day which I was grateful for.
    Flora is an amazing make-up artist/hairdresser she is also very sweet and calm which is so needed on the wedding day! My trial make-up and hair looked beautiful!
    She was on time on the day of the wedding so sweet and calm I’m truly thankful she was there the whole process went smoothly and her presence helped me remain calm.
    When I looked in the mirror I was blown away I felt like the prettiest girl around it gave me so much confidence. I don’t wear make-up and I’m also an older bride so I was worried about looking older or not looking like myself. Flora made me look beautiful she highlighted my features and the make-up didn’t feel or look heavy. My make-up/hair were done at 9:30AM it was a hot day and 1PM ceremony make-up lasted until 9PM when I got back to the hotel it looked as beautiful as in the morning.
    I’m so glad I found Flora last minute she was really a Godsend her talent, kindness and professionalism really set her apart.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/01/2017

Flora was awesome to work with; her hair and make-up skills are on point! I was nervous that on my wedding day I wouldn't feel like myself with all the hair and make-up but Flora did an incredible job of balancing the bridal look while still being natural looking. She is one of the sweetest people ever and so fun to work with. She truly exceeded my expectations in both hair and make-up and she made all my bridesmaids look so perfect. She made the entire process really easy and having the trial before the wedding day really made me confident in her skills. I highly recommend Flora and her team to any bride!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Justine · Married on 06/17/2017

Flora was an incredibly sweet person to work with and made me feel comfortable immediately! Her work is amazing, and she is very knowledgeable about makeup and what works best for each person. She went above and beyond the call of duty, helping my bridesmaids and I with tons of beauty questions and even with some minor wedding details. I couldn't be happier with the results and highly, highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Patricia · Married on 06/10/2017

Flora is amazing!! She is very talented and an wonderful person. She did my makeup and my hair for my wedding. It was absolutely perfect until the end of the party. Everyone send me complements for my makeup and my hair. And she is very punctual and professional and has great packages for wedding!

Sent on 06/13/2017