First Coast Weddings and Events Reviews

18 | Jacksonville, FL

18 Reviews for First Coast Weddings and Events

Blanca Hoppe · Married on 02/01/2019

Heather is amazing!

Heather is amazing!! We had our daughter's Quinceanera party this weekend and it was everything we could have asked for. She is extremely professional and takes care of every detail. She's on top of it!! Any issues that could arise, she's right there to find a solution. I am so thankful we had her to organize and coordinate everything the day of the event and I was able to actually enjoy the party! Thank you Heather!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Caitlin · Married on 01/06/2018

I had the pleasure of working with Emma Murfin on my wedding day. From when she first reached out to get in touch with me to the actual day of the wedding, she was amazing! Every single detail was taken care of without issue. I never had to worry that something wasn't going to get done. She helped everything go so smoothly, and I couldn't have asked for a kinder person to work with. I highly recommend Emma and First Coast Weddings and Events for your special day - they are phenomenal!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Caitlyn · Married on 02/18/2017

Everyone at our wedding LOVED the photo booth! It was definitely a highlight of the evening, and we have some amazing memories from it!

Sent on 03/11/2017

Stephanie · Married on 12/10/2016

First Coast Weddings and Events Day of Coordinator was part of my wedding package through the Hammock Dunes Club. I chose to work with Heather Canada and am so glad I was lucky enough to have the opportunity. Heather is very organized and professional. When we first met, we bonded over our Lilly Pulitzer planners. I knew after our meeting that I wanted her to be my day of wedding coordinator, and I did not regret that decision one bit. If anything went wrong on my wedding day I certainly didn't know (in a good way!). Everything was on time which I attribute to Heather and really my whole team of vendors. She was flexible during the reception and gave us time to enjoy our guests and still do everything you do during a wedding. I never felt rushed to do 'the next thing" and really think the timing was perfect. Heather will be a great asset on your big day!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Kyle · Married on 06/06/2014

Heather was a true professional combined with true romantic throughout our wedding planning process. We spoke with her over the phone to interview for her services, and her enthusiasm for our interests and needs, and delight at the details that at the time we were considering, really helped us to know she was the right one for us.

Heather worked with us to keep everything organized and moving on schedule. She came out to our rental house the day before to pickup flowers and helped organize the wedding party through both the rehearsal and actual day.

On our wedding day, Heather was a calm voice throughout. Though family and friends were all around, and the excitement and nervous energy had everyone on edge (in a good way!), Heather's calm presence and voice helped me to stay focused and hone in on each step along the way.

They say all wedding days have their challenges or flaws, but ours did not! At least, if there was I am still blissfully unaware, as Heather handled everything which gave me the chance just to be in that moment.

We are so grateful to Heather for helping us and allowing us the freedom to be in love rather than plan the party. :) Thank you Heather!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Amanda · Married on 04/12/2014

First Coast Weddings was the way to go for wedding planning! We worked closely with Heather and we were so glad we did. We are from Boston and had our wedding in Florida along with the fact that we've only been to 3 weddings ourselves. Heather answered the many questions we had, quickly replied to emails and pricing was great. In everything that Heather helped us with- she made our wedding a wedding without worries! Thanks so much!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Marta · Married on 03/01/2014

Heather is absolutely amazing. I planned my wedding from across the country and she made it all so easy for me. I showed her just one picture of what I wanted the wedding to feel/look like and she executed everything to a tee. Absolutely amazing. Professional, detailed, super nice and even helped me redo my wedding dress when the bustle broke. Very flexible with my crazy schedule. Not enough words to describe how wonderful she was. Thank you again and again !

Sent on 03/08/2014
  • Rocketdog

Sharon · Married on 10/22/2011

Heather is so professional, organized, and just the best wedding planner we could hope for! The wedding was held in Jacksonville with the Bride and Groom each residing in distant cities. Planning would have been extremely difficult for us, but Heather and her team made it completely stress-free and easy for out of town couples.

Heather is a very prompt and efficient communicator and is always warm and understanding. She worked extra hard to find us the perfect vendors, some of which we would not been able to find on our own.

She is very keen to detail and design. I had changed my vision at least three times during the planning process, however Heather was always very patient and kind.

The day of the wedding went so perfectly! We are so fortunate that Heather and FCWE were there to prevent any snags, organize the vendors and deliveries, and let us enjoy our special day!

Thank you Heather and FCWE team for working so hard to make our day extra special!!

Sent on 11/08/2011
  • User2048701 · 2+ years ago

FIrst Coast Weddings and Events was very helpful in organizing and planning my son's wedding. The vendors that were recommended were all very good and Heather Canada, with First Coast Weddings, was a real sweetheart. On the day of the wedding, everything went as planned and I was able to enjoy the day without having to tend to anything or anyone. Heather took care of everything. I would highly recommend their service.

Sent on 10/24/2011

Jocelyn · Married on 10/08/2011

Heather and her team are amazing!! I didn't think I needed a coordinator but boy was I wrong. We worked with Emma Murfin from First Coast weddings and events and we can't say enough great things about her. She is very organized and so easy to work with. She helped the day flow without a hitch and I felt like she was an old friend instead of a vendor. Thank you so much for all your help with our special day!!

Sent on 11/09/2011

Rebekah · Married on 05/28/2011

Melanie Wood was excellent!! I will definitely be recommending her to other soon-to-be brides!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Lauren · Married on 07/11/2009

Heather,

Thank you so much for all your help during the last month and a half of planning. It was so nice to have your additional staff at the wedding day. It made my parents and I feel completely relaxed and we were able to really enjoy the day/evening. I know that you changed personal plans to be at our wedding and I cannot thank you enough. You went above and beyond what was expected.

Thanks again!

Sent on 07/27/2009

Kirsten · Married on 05/27/2007

I would recommend First Coast Weddings to anyone and everyone. Heather and her staff are amazing. She really helped me to get things done since I was so far away. She also helped to find some great vendors in the area.

Sent on 01/26/2008

Jeisha · Married on 12/23/2012

We used First Coast Events for our ceremony/reception DJ and photo booth. David was great at fulfilling what we wanted in a DJ and allowed us to hand pick Hector for our wedding. We weren't sure if our guests would enjoy and get use out of the photo booth, so we only booked it for two hours. Everyone had so much fun with it though and I wish we would have gotten it for longer!

Sent on 01/01/2013

Susan · Married on 04/21/2012

We definitely got a great bang for our buck using the First Coast Wedding team! We had four event planners at our wedding at TPC Sawgrass. All four of them were amazing to deal with - calm, cheerful, professional and had a solution to every problem we had! Leading up to the wedding, Emma was an absolute saint - she was so patient with us and handled all of our panicked "what do we do about this" with ease. With a bridal party of 23 people, a rained out ceremony and a groomsman passing out mid-ceremony, she had her hands full with our group! I could not recommend anyone better!

Thank you Emma, Heather and the whole team at First Coast!!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Kristen · Married on 07/26/2008

Danielle Gregory was my wedding planner. I must start by saying that without her services, my 6 months I had to plan the wedding would not have been possible. She is a extremely organized, which I need, planner that would meet with me and would have the BEST ideas for my money. She not only was my planner, she was my design consultant, all in one. She was up to date on the must-haves in the wedding world. Her experience with local vendors in the Jacksonville area only worked to my advantage. Since we were limited on time, she made sure she was able to book the best vendors for my event. Luckily, they all knew her personally, which I'm sure worked to my advantage. She was always just a phone call or email away. Thorough in her scheduling and making sure I was on track with all I was supposed to do, which I needed.
    The wedding day, she had the idea of my husband and I talking to all the guests at their tables, avoiding the typically line at the Bride & Groom's table. We went to our guests tables while each table was being dismissed to the buffet. This was the number one thing that we received feedback on from our guests. Most guests said they had never been to a wedding where the bride & groom did not start eating FIRST and then talked to a few guests. Thank you to Danielle for all her great ideas and professionalism. She really knows her stuff!!!!

Sent on 08/27/2008

Amy · Married on 10/14/2010

I am very happy that we chose to work with Heather and the staff of First Coast Weddings for our wedding last October. Heather was very professional and was able to keep control of our rehearsal and ceremony. There were a lot of tasks that they took care of that left us and our families free to enjoy our day with.

I would like to see just a little bit better care though when packing our things at the end of the night. some things were missing and that left us to track down the items and some things were broken when we did receive them in the mail. The company did pay for the damages though and overall I would still recommend their services.

Sent on 01/09/2011

Kathleen · Married on 07/26/2008

1.8
      1.0
      2.0

I am sorry to say that I was very disappointed in my wedding planner. While before the wedding it seemed like everything was going well, it turned out that my wedding planner was a more of a "yes man" who would smile and nod and then roll her eyes when I turned away. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

1. At the rehearsal, I asked my wedding planner to help us walk through the procession etc. She acted like I was being a crazy bride and wouldn't speak up to my wedding party. It ended up being that we had to organize things ourselves while she stood by, too embarrassed to look bossy or something? Isn't being "bossy" a wedding planner's job?

2.Wedding planner LEFT MY CEREMONY to go to another ceremony DURING the wedding.

3. My wedding planner told us that she had contacted the car service. This was clearly NOT the case. The morning of the wedding, my groom was contacted by the car service asking if we were going to send a contract! Needless to say, my wedding coordinator DID NOT contact the car company, and we had no car the day of the ceremony.

4. The wedding planner said that she would contact each vendor and work out the specifics of the contract. My maid of honor and I also spoke with her many times and asked if things were on track. She would say "yes" but clearly wasn't listening. While we paid the caterer for meals for out band, and the caterer put those meals out, the band was never told by the wedding coordinator that food was available. Embarrassingly enough, the band was not fed.

5. Just when everyone started dancing at the reception, my mother and father also got up to dance together, a very special moment. My groom and I really wanted pictures of this moment, and looked around for the photographer--- nowhere to be seen. We looked around for our wedding planners--- also nowhere to be seen. We LEFT THE RECEPTION to look for them. They were in the back eating.

6. After the ceremony, the wedding planner was contracted to stay and help clean up. This did not happen, and my parents were brushed off.

7. You would think that with all of these mistakes occurring, the wedding planner would have contacted us expressing some sense of remorse. No. In fact, we left 3 messages and 2 emails before we had any response. This response did not address any of the mistakes that she had made. She did not offer to follow up with the car service to get our money back.
    I understand that mistakes can happen, but a professional should address those mistakes, not ignore them.

I wish that I could leave a better review here. My wedding was beautiful and unforgettable. But I truly feel that this was due to my own efforts and the efforts of my bridesmaids and catering service, not of my wedding planner.

Sent on 09/20/2008

First Coast Weddings and Events's reply:

This review is completely false. If you want to hear the real story, give us a call.