Fig and Pig Catering Reviews

15 | Brooklyn, NY

15 Reviews for Fig and Pig Catering

15 Fig and Pig Catering Reviews

Nancy · Married on 09/22/2018

I can't say enough good things about Holly and Pig and Fig. Countless guests at our September 22 wedding told us it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding and we couldn't agree more. My husband and I are both vegetarians who love to cook. We wanted to go mostly vegetarian but to have some fish on the menu as well for guests. Holly is not a mainly vegetarian chef, but the options she proposed were numerous and all sounded delicious. We went to their space for a tasting and were blown away - the food was not only delicious, but also beautiful and well presented. We were spoiled for choice and had some tough decisions to make between the options. People with specific or limited dietary situations will appreciate how amazing it is to feel like your options are not limited to a few after-thought dishes with the meat taken out or tasteless "healthy" (=no seasoning or luscious savoriness) offerings.
    As our venue was an empty space, Holly's crew helped us with the rentals for not just serving (plates, linens) and bar items, but also with other furniture we needed. She also referred me to most of the other vendors we used, including a wedding planner, florist, and photographer. She worked with us to wrangle and serve gelato from another vendor since Fig and Pig doesn't make it. Her servers were delightful: friendly and efficient.
    All in all, Holly and Fig and Pig were the driving force behind making our wedding everything we'd hoped it would be, and more.

• Y

Yulia · Married on 09/14/2018

The best decision we made for our Sept-18 wedding is hire Fig and Pig to cater it! I can't say enough great things about Holly, Lainey, and the whole team. Our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was and it's been several weeks since the wedding. Holly, the chef is so talented and the food is truly some of the best we've had.

Other than creating an amazing menu for us, Fig and Pig was so easy and pleasant to work with. Our first tasting was catered to what we mentioned we like in our initial inquiry, and during the planning months, both Holly and Lainey (the coordinator) were always so quick and helpful in their replies to all our questions. During our wedding, the service was quick, professional, and all around outstanding (and we had 160 guests at the wedding!). If I could give Fig & Pig 10 stars, I would. So if you're in search of a talented caterer who will create the most delicious food and be a joy to work with, go with Fig and Pig. I hope to find myself at an event catered by Holly and the Fig and Pig team again!
    Thank you to the whole Fig and Pig team for helping make our wedding the memorable day that it is!

Brie · Married on 02/24/2018

Holly and the Fig&Pig team hit a homerun on our wedding day. The food was absolutely delicious. Never have we had food at a wedding this good. The menu was thoughtful, creative and responsive to our preferences. Holly’s staff executed flawlessly. We highly recommend Fig & Pig for anyone looking for top-notch food and a professional catering service for their special day. Thank you Fig & Pig! xx, B+P

Fig and Pig Catering 1

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2017

Everything from Fig & Pig was delicious. Everything. And everyone was raving about it! The passed hors d'oeuvres, the salad, the entrees, the desserts, all of it delicious. We were looking for a farm to table menu for our fall wedding and Holly totally delivered. We had family style servings of short rib and arctic char, which were out of this world tasty. And we suggested a butternut squash carbonara dish, and she made it and totally nailed it. Our tasting itself was one of the best dining experiences we had all year, and everything at the wedding tasted as made to order as it did on that tasting day. The staff were attentive and lovely and amazing. Huge thanks to Holly and her team at Fig & Pig!

Mrs. · Married on 10/07/2017

Chef Holly Sheppard is one of New York's Best! Her catering company Fig & Pig met all our guests expectations with the hors d'oeuvers, salads, entrees and desserts for our wedding! Everyone commented on how delicious the food was, and as the Bride I actually ate! Everything came out perfectly for our family style meal. Fig & Pig has the experience and staff to make a wedding everything a Bride and Groom wants and needs it to be. Holly's practical side helped in bringing everything together, and her patience and creativity helped realize our personal vision. Fig & Pig are seasoned New York Catering Professionals that have a personality all their own. It was truly a pleasure to communicate with them during the entire planning process and we felt very much connected to the food because of that. I would also like to note that Fig & Pig handled all the bartending for our vastly stocked bar and made outstanding cocktails throughout the evening. This was another important item for us, as many of our guests are in the wine & spirits industry and the beverage service required knowledge and expertise. And lastly Fig & Pig really came through when orchestrating the rental order and setting up, our 'look' was perfectly executed. Fig & Pig are a delight for your wedding day!

Fig and Pig Catering 2
    Fig and Pig Catering 3
    Fig and Pig Catering 4
    Fig and Pig Catering 5
    Fig and Pig Catering 6
    Fig and Pig Catering 7
    Fig and Pig Catering 8

Tom · Married on 08/26/2017

Food was very important for us. For our wedding in Hudson, NY, we looked at several of the top-rated Hudson Valley caterers, going so far as getting a tasting with the #1 ranked vendor. It was good, but it felt like we might have been settling, so we broadened our search to NYC caterers.

A friend of ours had used Fig & Pig and raved about the experience. Our initial consultation was great and the tasting sold it for us -- Holly and Maddie deliver the complete combination of cooking and customer service.

They helped us plan an amazing cocktail hour of mini lobster rolls, wild mushroom quesadillas, fried chicken & waffle bites, a raw bar and more. Then it was a beautiful summer gazpacho leading into a family style dinner that included vietnamese skirt steak, squash lasagna, arctic char and delicious sides. It looked amazing and tasted even better.

Wedding food often gets held to a lower standard, but Fig & Pig delivered a date-night quality meal to 120 people. A month later, our friends are still texting us that they are "dreaming about the bechamel sauce on that lasagna."

Maddie was great about hiring local waitstaff to help keep the service cost down, without sacrificing any of the professionalism. They were able to provide the liquor license our venue needed, and their bartenders were fast, talented and polite.

Fig & Pig was everything we could have hoped for in a caterer. Not only do we give our strongest recommendation, but ask that if you hire them for your wedding, please consider inviting us so we can have their food again.

Stella · Married on 07/08/2017

Fig and Pig made the most amazing dinner for our reception and cocktail hour. The food was creative but approachable, and the team is so accommodating and kind. We loved everything about them! They even packed cartons of their kale salad for me (the most delicious thing I've ever tasted in my life) so I could continue to enjoy the food after the wedding!

• W

Blake · Married on 05/27/2017

We built our whole wedding around the genius of Fig and Pig. Their food was matched exactly to what we love most: inventive, playful, daring, accessible imaginings of what you crave. It's now a month after our wedding, and guests are still describing individual bites in great detail that have lingered in their joyful memories of the day. In addition to their food, they guided us along the way with regard to rentals, crafting the look of our event, pacing the day, customizing our bar, and the list goes on. Fig and Pig made our wedding, and we give our highest recommendation without hesitation!!! Our only regret is that we can't eat their food every day.

Heejin · Married on 04/30/2017

Holly, Maddie, and their team were absolutely amazing!! During the preparation process, they were so friendly, helpful, and professional-- not to mention that they fully accommodated all of our last-minute changes of mind regarding the menu, rentals, etc. We had asked for various Korean-inspired items on our menu, and Holly absolutely nailed it. She is so talented. All the food on our wedding day was absolutely scrummy (I've been watching a lot of GBBO lately) and our guests kept coming up to us to rave about each course-- canapes, dinner, and dessert. Fig & Pig also handled our rentals for us, and everything-- the food and the rentals-- was executed flawlessly. I would whole-heartedly recommend them to anyone. Not only do they serve incredible food, but they are delightful to work with.

Joanna · Married on 11/18/2016

Exceptional food! Caroline was beyond helpful and Chef Holly is seriously skilled. We had creative cocktail list which their servers executed PERFECTLY! We couldn't have been happier with their execution. Highly recommend!!!!

Dina · Married on 10/02/2016

If you want bomb food that you have countless guests coming up to you during your reception saying it's the best food they've ever had at a wedding and even in the months following after, then Holly is your girl. Holly aka 14carat is not only an amazing chef, but also just an awesomely funny person you'd want to be friends with in real life. I did not fall under the typical bride who doesn't eat during her wedding. I made sure to eat every single course during the reception because I wanted to and cause her food is just that good. Holly was so phenomenal in creating a menu that was customized to us as a couple and our palate (Southern, New American with a touch of Chinese). If you have a chance to taste her Szechuan short ribs dish, you can thank me for throwing that idea which she then concocted that delicious and unforgettable creation. We also had a dream of a french fry bar that our guests absolutely loved and was mentioned in the headline of our front page Style Me Pretty feature. She came up with the most amazing dips and sauces with the various types of fries we asked for. The food experience at our wedding was something we chose to splurge on so our guests had happy stomachs and mouths and Holly, Caroline and their team definitely above and beyond delivered. I couldn't have asked for more from Fig and Pig and they made my wedding planning experience with them all the more fun and exciting.

Lauren · Married on 09/06/2015

Picking a caterer was one of the most challenging decisions for us since food is our greatest passion and we needed to find someone who embodied our love for food. Holly and the Fig & Pig team is absolutely that and more. Holly's style is creative, genuine and modern which is truly rare in the catering world. It is impossible to find someone doing something different - she is a true chef, not a massive catering enterprise. We couldn't have imagined having better food at our wedding from start to finish. Every ounce of the meal was a tremendous hit and our guests couldn't stop talking about the phenomenal food. Her menu options are all so fantastic, you truly cannot go wrong. Our specialty cocktails were perfection and service was stellar. We HIGHLY recommend Fig & Pig!

Blythe · Married on 06/11/2016

Working with Fig & Pig was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Holly and her team are awesome to say the least. Not only was the food at our wedding delicious (we are still getting compliments, including "best wedding food ever" accolades from family and friends), but Holly and her team were easy to work with and flexible throughout the planning process, and on the night of the wedding her staff did a fantastic job and helped make the evening even more fun. We can't say enough good things about the whole Fig & Pig team,

Eric · Married on 11/18/2017

So after dealing with a number of food vendors for my November wedding, I felt I was loosing steam. I came across Fig & Pig and was immediately drawn to their food style and presentation. Upon further inquiry I noticed that they were reasonably priced. I contacted the business and the Executive Chef/Owner picked up the phone and addressed all of my concerns. My wife and I went back in forth with ideas and settled on a date to meet. We entered the establishment and was greeted by Holly and her staff with a sturdy handshake and a bottle of wine. After the tasting I was not only sure that they were amazing, but that they would be the stars of our reception. The only issue was there was only 6 weeks to prepare an already speedy wedding. Holly always made herself available through text, talk, email etc. and was very well organized. She didn't shy away from asking tough questions or calling the venue to square away the details. Our night of went off without a hitch and our guests are still talking about the food. Her bartender was also great and gave us plenty of delicious cocktail options. It is a night we will never forget, in part of Fig & Pig Catering. We wanted the best and surely got it with Holly and her team.

I wish I wrote this sooner,
    Eric & Youstina

Fig and Pig Catering 9
    Fig and Pig Catering 10
    Fig and Pig Catering 11
    Fig and Pig Catering 12
    Fig and Pig Catering 13

Fig and Pig catered our recent Brooklyn wedding, and it's hard to imagine being happier with their services. Holly was very easy to work with and put together a fantastic menu for our guests based on extensive conversations about what kind of wedding we were looking for. As with most caterers in NYC, she also handled the rentals, which we wanted to keep simple and they were. She did a family style dinner with a dessert bar, and helped us to do our own beer, wine and liquor bar by providing 2 bartenders and a mixers package that was very reasonably priced. This obviously helped to keep costs down a bit.

Nearly every guest I spoke to the night of the wedding commented on both the food AND the service - the servers and staff were absolutely impeccable. Professional, seamless, coordinated. Our guests were blown away by Fig and Pig, which is exactly what we wanted, as food is such a huge part of our lives as a couple.

One comment: compared to some other caterers we spoke with, Holly can seam a bit laid back and casual. For some people, this might create the impression (or fear) that she won't be reliable or might be flaky, especially because so many caterers are very "polished" and come across like a well-oiled machine. Do NOT be fooled. Holly knows exactly what she's doing. She hires awesome staff and puts together a great team, while avoiding the feeling of stuffiness that some other companies had. We chose her in part because she was laid back and easy to work with, and other than a few emails that took some time to respond to as peak wedding season picked up, there was never a time we did not have complete confidence in her. And, as I've said, she knocked it way out of the park for us.

Also, Holly works with an administrative assistant, Caroline Sheahan, who can also act as a day-of coordinator for additional fees. This was the best money we ever spent - she was incredible to work with, very reasonably priced, and made the day of our wedding go very smoothly