Favor Me Events Reviews

Favor Me Events 5
Favor Me Events 6
Favor Me Events 7

Nicole · Married on 05/19/2018

Anne is #GOALS when it comes to having a wedding planner! Words cannot express how absolutely AMAZING she is! She took the time to understand my personality, style, lifestyle and budget and was able to make my dream wedding come to life! She was supportive, understanding, decisive, organized, professional and has impeccable style. Most of all, she was always my advocate. Whether we were picking out rentals, in a design meeting, or dealing with a possible torrential down-poor the day of the wedding, she was my rock-- always having my best interest in mind, and never disappointed me once. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her and her guidance. She is hands down worth every penny and more! Thank you Anne for everything!!

Favor Me Events 8
    Favor Me Events 15
    Favor Me Events 16
    Favor Me Events 17

Bekah · Married on 01/27/2018

Anne created the perfect wedding for us. She was super professional throughout the experience, and I was immediately comfortable that she understood what I wanted and would offer good insights. She had previously planned a wedding that I loved from photos, she understood what I liked about it and adapted that to fit my husband and I. She offered options for each facet, helped us make decisions when needed, and helped us pick awesome vendors that fit exactly what we wanted. Numerous guests told me that our wedding was the best run that they had been to, which allowed all of us to kick back and have a good time. I can't think of enough good things to say about this except that I would have lost my mind without Anne's help. Once I handed everything over to her I instantly felt better. She did a great job of navigating working with both my mom and I, and working with my mother in law for the rehearsal dinner (which was also flawless). I'll recommend her to everyone I know that's getting married because she's the best.

Nicole · Married on 08/26/2017

I absolutely could not have planned my wedding without the help of Anne! She connected me with the perfect vendors to make my wedding a dream come true. Her constant communication with myself as well as the vendors allowed the planning process to be extremely organized and seamless. The weekend of the wedding I was able to enjoy spending time with all of our family and friends that came into town without having to worry for a second about any wedding logistics thanks to Anne! We can't thank Anne enough for making our wedding beyond perfect and would absolutely recommend Anne to anyone planning a wedding!

Anna · Married on 07/22/2017

Anne was an absolute LIFESAVER to say the least.... I truly can't imagine what our wedding day would have been like without her. We planned our wedding from a distance, which was definitely an added stress. Having someone who was not only knowledgeable on vendors but also had years of experience working with vendors in the area, helped tremendously in alleviating the concern we had with not being able to visit with vendors in person due to distance. Even with the logistics of the wedding, we received so many compliments regarding the timing and flow of the whole day!! :) I learned from Anne there are so many tiny little details behind the scenes that factor in to organizing a wedding, and without her I would not have been able to put them all together.

Meagan · Married on 04/29/2017

Favor Me Events and Anne Markey helped us create a wedding day that was even better than my husband or I could have ever imagined. Anne went above and beyond helping us plan every detail-the details that made our wedding day incredibly special. She quickly responded to every one of our questions and was with us every step of the way. We are very thankful for Favor Me Events and for Anne Markey and would strongly recommend her to every bride and groom!

Curt · Married on 06/18/2016

**A Groom's Perspective** Like most grooms-to-be, following the proposal I had no real concept of wedding planning, or everything it entailed. Thankfully, our first post-proposal decision was retaining Anne! As DC residents, the specter of long distance wedding planning loomed large, but following our first meeting with Anne, we knew that at a minimum, we had selected the perfect planner for our wedding in my wife's hometown! By the time of our first meeting, we had only selected our venue (the Charlotte City Club). Beyond the venue, we were a blank canvas. Anne helped us develop a vision, and ultimately executed it flawlessly.

After understanding our general preferences, budget, and schedule, Anne coordinated a whirlwind one day tour of multiple vendors. By day’s end, we had selected our florist, linens, cake, and our save the date/invitation vendor. For an out-of-town couple, the efficiency of this day was remarkable. Anne has established relationships with all of Charlotte’s top vendors and was able to leverage those relationships to accommodate our schedule and provide us with numerous great options. Further, because Anne understands their processes and her clients’ wishes, she is able to articulate your vision coherently to the vendor even if you are unable to do so yourself. Because my experience with Anne was so positive, my family separately retained Anne to plan the rehearsal dinner.

From our first meeting, Anne kept us on schedule, organized and informed. Her value and professionalism cannot be overstated, and I cannot imagine enduring the planning and wedding day without her. Because of Anne, we were able to truly embrace the moment without concerning ourselves with the details. Our wedding weekend exceeded our grandest expectations in no small part due to the efforts of Anne. We unequivocally recommend Anne, and hope you are fortunate enough to work with Charlotte’s best planner.

Brittany · Married on 06/11/2016

FANTASTIC WEDDING PLANNER! We used Anne for the design aspects of our wedding and we are so thankful that one of our vendors recommended that we reach out to Anne for help! There is no way we could’ve pulled off our dream wedding without her! When we first met Anne, we knew we did not want a “DIY” wedding… we knew what we wanted and had an idea of the final vision we were going for but had no idea how to make those ideas come to reality. That’s where Anne came in. She took all of our ideas and expanded on them, helped reign us in when we needed it and gave us ideas that brought our whole look together perfectly!

Anne always made us feel like a priority and was so easy to communicate with throughout the whole process. The day of the wedding we were able to relax knowing that Anne was at the venue finalizing all of our design elements and making sure everything was ready to go for our guests. I highly recommend using Anne if you are looking for someone to help you execute your own ideas and expand on them to make your dream wedding become a reality! – Our only regret is not bringing Anne on board sooner!

Alex · Married on 04/24/2016

Anne was great! She did partial planning with us (design) and month-of coordination, and she was absolutely essential to the success of our wedding. Anne was very responsive and helpful, and really made planning so much easier and more fun for us. All of the vendors she recommended were excellent, and she did a great job identifying our preferences/interests and translating them into a clear, cohesive design. Our wedding was the best day of our lives, and we could not have done it without her!

Lyndsey · Married on 01/09/2016

I have nothing but incredible things to say about Anne. She made the wedding process an absolute dream -- everything was seamless, simple, and yes, FUN! She is truly FABULOUS at what she does and I am confident in saying that she is the absolute best in the business. Anne was able to capture a less than articulated vision from my mind and created a masterpiece from it. I was blown away at what she created; it was definitely immeasurably more than I could've even dreamed of. But honestly, i'm not surprised at all because Anne is fabulous. Our wedding day was truly magical! I had zero stress leading up to the wedding and on my wedding day because I knew Anne would make sure everything happened as it should -- and it did. I am so grateful to her for making this such a wonderful experience.

Emily · Married on 11/06/2015

The best decision I made about my wedding (outside of the groom) was selecting Anne as our wedding planning. We had our reception on Nov. 6th at Charlotte Country Club and I can not tell you how many compliments we have received on the event. I tell each person that I owe it all to Anne at Favor Me Events and can not speak highly enough about her and the services she provided to us! Even though I was living out of town, she made planning a big wedding in just 5 months a breeze and so much fun. She is so organized, very responsive, creative, and a joy to be around. From the beginning design conversation to the wedding day schedule, she handled everything and made me feel comfortable that all was taken care of. I didn't have to worry about a thing on the day of the wedding and felt completely comfortable with everything leading up to the day because I knew Anne had it taken care of. Anne met me at every vendor meeting I had and even went to some on her own when I was unable to be in town. With her help and guidance, we selected the greatest vendors and helped us plan the wedding of our dreams. I know I could not have done it without her and would highly recommend that no one else try either!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/02/2015

First of all I would like to start off saying that Anne is awesome! From the moment I went to her house for our first meeting, I was completely sold. She is very professional and most importantly I trusted her right away. My Wedding was Oct 2 in uptown Charlotte. When we contacted Anne, we already had our venue picked out but she completely took care of the rest. Anne brought us to amazing vendors that she met us at for every single meeting. I was very undecided about the design I wanted and truthfully trusted her
    'that much,' so told I her to throw some ideas out there and we will take it from there. The first idea that she mentioned, I fell in love with. Through the process, she always checked in with us and anytime we had insanely crazy questions, she was right there responding so quick. When we got to our wedding day, I literally cried when I saw my bouquet. It was beautiful!! Better than I imagined! When we arrived to the reception, it was a fairytale! I couldn't be happier with the design and colors and all the details that Anne put together for us. All of our guests give us compliments daily on how beautiful our reception was. Thank you Anne!! I would recommend her to every bride!

vanessa · Married on 05/23/2015

I met with Anne a few months after locking our wedding date, knowing I would need help with planning our wedding since I was living far from where our wedding would be held. Planning a wedding long-distance was not an easy feat. Hiring Anne to help us was by far the best investment toward our wedding. She was very knowledgeable and professional and helped make sure all of our needs were met, while being mindful of our budget. She was very accommodating to our situation (being a long-distance bride) - and regularly communicated with me while away, keeping me on track with deadlines, upcoming appointments, etc. She was able to connect us with some great vendors that made our dream day a reality and that understood our needs. Anne attended all of our meetings, and it was very helpful to have a professional help communicate your vision during appointments. Anne was supportive every step of the way, not only helping with the little questions (like invites and RSVP etiquette) but also guiding us through all the ins and outs of planning our wedding.

On the big day, I was relaxed and stress-free knowing Anne was handling all the behind-the-scenes details, making sure our vendors delivered, that everyone was on time, and making sure every last detail was perfect. Our day was magical and everything we dreamed of and we couldn't have done it without her!

Meghan · Married on 05/16/2015

Working with Anne at Favor Me Events was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She was extremely professional, had incredible design ideas, and most importantly, made the weeks leading up to and day of our wedding stress-free and perfect. My husband and I trusted Anne completely to pull together all of the ideas we had been talking about for a year, and she truly delivered. She has great relationships with other vendors in the Charlotte area, and worked with them seamlessly to ensure that the flowers, rentals, lighting, venue and photography all came together more perfectly than we ever could have imagined. THANK YOU Anne, for everything you did to make our wedding the best day of our lives. love, Meghan and Patrick

Rebecca · Married on 10/04/2014

This review has taken me a few weeks to write as I slow down from post wedding, honeymoon, moving, and buying a home, etc…however; it has also taken me a few weeks to write my review for Favor Me Events because I'm still not sure how to convey in a few short sentences how amazing my experience working with Anne Markey was. During my initial meeting with her, I was blown away by her professionalism, and her ability to put me at ease and answer all of my questions. I wanted the entire package she had to offer us. We carefully selected our wedding day dream team and I had full confidence that we were in excellent hands. She didn't force us into using certain vendors and made it clear that she was not receiving a percentage of their profit. Anne also attended the meetings I had with each vendor which was a huge help as she knew what questions to ask and made helpful suggestions. Also, it was very obvious that the vendors in the Charlotte area have a lot of respect for Anne which was very evident during our meetings. A few short months into our planning, Anne let me know she was expecting (Yay, Baby Charlie) and again I had full confidence that she would create nothing short of a fairytale for us. She rocked that baby bump to every vendor meeting, consult, and always communicated with us as quickly as she could during her maternity leave. Our wedding was her first since Baby Markey made his grand appearance, and as tough as I'm sure it was to leave that precious baby for the day/night, she never let it show and our wedding was perfect. I could not have been happier with our experience with Favor Me Events.
    Thank you Anne!

Virginia · Married on 07/12/2014

Anne was a pleasure to work with. She coordinated all of our day of needs. She gathered all of our vendor contracts and interfaced with them making all arrangements, developed our wedding day timeline, coordinated all deliveries and set up. She made sure that everyone was where they needed to be for all day of events. Having her take control of all the details that were so critical to a smooth and enjoyable day meant no worries for me or the bride. I would highly recommend Anne to anyone looking for an excellent wedding planner. She was extremely helpful in directing me to some specialty vendors for last minute details such a printing of menus, place cards and seating charts. She definitely knows all the go to vendors in Charlotte. Anne, Thank you for making our day a very special one.

Erica · Married on 07/12/2014

Hiring Favor Me Events as our wedding planner was the best wedding decision we made! Anne was such a professional and a joy to work with. She was a great resource throughout the whole process. You can tell she's a true professional in this industry that is highly regarded. She worked great with all of our vendors. Before becoming engaged, I had no idea how important it was to have a wedding planner, and now I can't imagine executing on our big day without her.
    It was so nice to have FME take care of everything on our big day and just relax with our families and soak it all in. It was definitely a big relief for my mother too, because she got to enjoy the day worry free too.
    Don't hesitate. Hiring FME is a must!

Ashleigh · Married on 02/15/2014

We were so happy to have had Anne be apart of our wedding! She was the best decision hands down we could of ever made! I wish I could of given her more than 5 stars for all of these categories. Our wedding got a little crazy with winter storm PAX. Anne made sure everything was perfect! We seriously cannot thank her enough! I would highly recommend that you NEED Anne to plan the wedding of your dreams! Love you! Ashleigh & Mike

Sarah · Married on 11/16/2013

Anne is fantastic! Not only did she anticipate every question I had, but she thoroughly followed up with me regarding every open item on our checklist ensuring it was completed. Anne also has very good relationships with numerous other wedding vendors here in Charlotte which is priceless when planning a wedding as it relieves the bride of making sure all vendors will coordinate with each other to make everything come together! I highly recommend Anne's services to the next couple getting married!

Lori · Married on 10/12/2013

Anne was professional and attentive. She stepped in and made the day all it could be - perfect! Even guests mentioned how well they thought the planning was and complimented Anne to me. We had a beautiful event that went on with only one hitch...our marriage!

Lori

Kelsey · Married on 08/17/2013

Anne did an amazing job putting our wedding together. They say the devil is in the details, but she truly thought of everything to make sure the day went smoothly and the reception looked absolutely gorgeous. It was such a pleasure working with her, and I cannot thank her enough for having every minute of our wedding planned perfectly.

Alyssa · Married on 06/01/2013

As you can tell, it has taken me 4 months to write my review for Favor Me Events. That is because I am not really sure how to put into words how wonderful my experience with Anne was. From our initial meeting with her, my mom and I both knew we were in excellent hands considering we knew nothing about wedding planning. Anne was organized and it is clear she is a perfectionist. What I liked most about Anne is that she would ask me what I was looking for regarding photographer, florist, etc. and then would give me the names of vendors who she thought would meet my needs. I then had the chance to narrow down those vendors after looking at their website and previous work. She did not force us to use certain vendors and made it clear that she was not receiving a percentage of their profit. Anne also attended the meetings I had with each vendor which was a huge help as she knew what questions to ask and made helpful suggestions. Also, it was very obvious that the vendors in the Charlotte area have a lot of respect for Anne as it was evident through our meetings.
    Our wedding day was nothing short of a fairytale and we have Anne to thank for this. Her organization and clear communication with my husband and I as well as the vendors made the entire day run smoothly. I could not have been happier with my experience with Favor Me Events.
    Thank you Anne!!!

• Priya

Priya · Married on 03/16/2013

Six months before my wedding date, I was completely overwhelmed. Having gotten the locations set and some basics out of the way, I realized I had no idea how to plan a wedding and make it look how I wanted it to. Anne Markey stepped in at this point and helped me create the weddings of my dreams. From sorting out all the things I still needed to have for the perfect wedding to being there as a sounding board for all my ideas, Anne gave me her full support. If I ever had a question, she would answer me within a day and always kept me up to speed with what was going on with the vendors, contracts, and anything else that came up. She is meticulous, efficient, and the best planned person I have ever me. She had each step of the wedding planned out to the exact moment and allowed me to be completely involved in all aspects of the planning.
    I was one of those brides that had an idea of what she wanted, but did not know how to make it happen. Anne not only helped create a cohesive idea for the day but also got me in contact with all the perfect vendors for my tastes and my budget. She would also send me almost daily emails letting me know what still needed to be done and what I still had left on my checklist. Without her, I would not have known what I was doing.
    The kicker is she helped me plan not one but TWO weddings (one American, one Indian)! Both weddings had similarities just how I wanted and still had their completely perfect styles and customs. Anne was able to help me make everything work out better than I ever expected. I cannot tell you how important she was to helping me have the weddings of my dreams!

I am now a believer of Day Of Coordinators! Brides, save yourself the trouble and put your minds at ease. More importantly, hire Anne because she does an amazing job!

Anne will work with you prior to the wedding to help organize your thoughts and ask any and all questions to ensure you have thought of everything. You can miss a lot of details due to "wedding brain" and being overwhelmed, but this is what Anne does best. She will help you create a detailed time line (seriously, minute by minute at times) for the wedding day. She has experience with numerous vendors, and she will work well with them to make your day go smoothly.

Anne is also "The Fixer". Things WILL go wrong on your wedding day, but Anne is there to figure out a solution. We ran out of wine about half way through our reception, and Anne went out to buy more.

THANK YOU for helping make our day so special. We appreciate everything you do!!

Kate · Married on 11/03/2012

My November 3rd Uptown Charlotte wedding was an absolute dream thanks to Favor Me Events. Anne's help was invaluable leading up to the big day. She has great experience and recommendations and ensured no detail was missed. On my wedding day, I didn't have to worry about a THING, which was wonderful so I could just focus on having fun. :) She also took all stress and worry off my parents which I know they really appreciated as well. Whether you need full planning or just "day-of services" as I did, it's the best money you can spend to make sure the day runs without a hitch. I 110% recommend.

Spencer and Mary Ellen · Married on 09/22/2012

Favor Me Events was, hands down, the best money we spent on the wedding. They took care of every little detail (most of which we never even thought about) before and during the wedding. Anne is patient, profesional, and highly organized. She knows all the vendors and gives honest feedback and reviews on what vendors will best fit your wedding style and budget. Most importantly, she knows how to throw a classy affair.

Many people told us that they always have more fun at other people's weddings because they were so stressed out at their own wedding. Thanks to the Favor Me Events crew, the only thing we worried about on the wedding day was being able to utter "I do" through our tears of happiness.