28 Reviews for Fairy Tale Weddings & Events

To-Do Lists (1)
Referrals (1)
Non-Religious (1)
27 Fairy Tale Weddings & Events Reviews

Mary and her team truly helped make our wedding day perfect. Everything ran smoothly and I was not bothered with any questions. Being a DIY-er I did not originally plan on having a planner for my wedding but it was SO worth it. There were so many details Mary helped me piece together before the wedding and the day of went so smooth. I didn't have to worry about anything.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The best experience I could have asked for. Beyond my expectations. Thank you so much Mary for making my day the best.

Profile Picture Lupe, 2/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary is so wonderful and helpful. She had made my wedding spectacular. She and her staff made my wedding amazing and beautiful.

Profile Picture Lupe, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary was very professional and truly an asset to our entire wedding experience from selecting the venue all the way through the day of. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a planner.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Mary and her team were a dream come true. We did a decent size DIY wedding. And we would not have been able to do it without her team of amazing women! They have everything under control! The flow of the day went perfectly, and there was not one thing that went wrong. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

From the beginning Mary was so helpful! She truly made every moment of our wedding amazing, and relaxing. Not once the day of the wedding did I have to worry about anything, she made sure everything ran smoothly. I can't express how much I appreciate everything Mary and her assistants did for us, I strongly believe that our day wouldn't have been as enjoyable/ relaxing without her help!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary Homer is a great woman to work with her. She helped me with everything that is going to make my wedding of my dreams. If you on a budget for you're wedding, she is a great help for that. She is actually extermely helpful with everything. I would reconmend her to anyone is getting married.

Profile Picture User6703694, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I hired Mary and her team as a Day of Coordinator for our DIY wedding in the Old Administration building at Green Lakes State Park and it was the best money spent. Such a wedding is no easy undertaking because there are no staff at the facility managing things, so Mary was essential to handling all the details on the day of the wedding so my family and I were able to enjoy the day, get ready and show up. She was also there the day before to help set up, understand my vision, and help with the rehearsal. And she kept everything on task on the day of the wedding. Considering I was trying to keep costs down, this is one expense I was glad I spent ( I should have bought half the desserts I did!)

Profile Picture Cathy, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary was invaluable from the first phone call. I had high expectations, needed a lot of hand-holding, and soothing. Mary come through on all counts with absolute panache and professionalism. I contacted her numerous times during planning. She was not only responsive, but gave all the advise, tips and reassurance I needed when I needed it. The vendors she suggested were all the "right" choices, tailored to my situation: older bride, out of town wedding, budget restrictions, sought high quality. On site, Mary and her assistant, Kim, were like family to me, calming and encouraging, coming up with the extra touches that made the day begin and end so successfully. I appreciate her arriving so early, and overseeing every detail to perfection, coordinating with others, and anticipating/taking care of every need, so I could just be a bride the whole day. This business is aptly named. I would give my highest recommendation to Fairy Tale Weddings. My was!
Ann and Bill

Profile Picture Ann, 6/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary and her staff at Fairy Tale Wedding and Events was money well spent! We purchased the "Day of Coordination" package. They truly do coordinate everything (ceremony, reception, etc.) the day of the event. We didn't have to worry about a thing. They did a terrific job setting up and decorating the reception venue. They decorated the venue based on pictures that I had given to Mary a few days before the event. It looked beautiful. I would highly recommend Mary and her staff and Fairy Tale Wedding and Events.

Profile Picture User5463308, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My son got married in Louisiana in September and almost none of our family and friends could attend. Only a few had met the bride so we wanted to host a holiday party/reception to introduce her and celebrate their recent marriage. Having never done anything like this and unsure of the etiquette involved in a party that wasn't really a wedding reception but similar, I looked for help. Mary Homer and Fairy Tale Weddings & Events was everything and more that I could have wished for. She advised me through every step of the process from planning through vendor selection ( venue, dj, photographer, bakery, etc.). She handled negotiations and successfully arranged for military discounts (my son is in the Air Force) from a number of vendors. She is very knowledgeable about local vendors and venues and able to readily find out answers that she didn't immediately know. When I explained what I was considering for the centerpieces and décor, she actually created them just as I envisioned them. Finally she set up the décor the day of the party, as well as setting up the dessert table (which looked beyond fantastic!) and stayed throughout to ensure that everything went smoothly. There is no doubt that she cares greatly about her clients and is dedicated to providing a high level professional event planning service. I would recommend her without reservation to anyone planning a party or wedding reception.

Profile Picture User4660480, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Mary and her team provided the perfect support we needed on the day of the wedding. She took the time to speak to all of the vendors before to make sure of the timing of when the food was arriving, when certain pieces of music would play, etc. Because of her effort my husband and I were able to truly enjoy our big day.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary & her staff were absolutely wonderful through the whole wedding experience!

Profile Picture User4305463, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary was darling. She was available when needed and gave great support. We planned a lot of the wedding ourselves, but Mary was able to bring the loose ends together. During the last weeks preceding the wedding we needed someone to follow up with the vendors. She was our eyes and ears for the final preparations at the reception site, and there were many details that needed to be attended to. The day of the day of the wedding she was able to assist us in gathering up all the precious mementos left behind, which was a great relief. The day went without a hitch, thanks to Mary and her team... We are ever grateful to her.

Profile Picture Patricia, 11/16/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary from Fairy Tale Weddings was a pleasure to work with. She was very accommodating to all our needs and requests, and she was professional, and very friendly! Mary was able to do everything we asked of her during the planning process. The day of the wedding, she kept things running very smoothly and kept myself and my family on schedule. She also was excellent and relaying our needs and requests to the reception venue and other vendors so that everything turned out just beautifully. I truly enjoyed working with Mary and would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in Central New York.

Profile Picture Christi, 11/16/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary Homer and her team were wonderful. Mary was at every meeting and made sure she understood every aspect of the wedding. The entire day was perfect from start to finish.

THANK YOU MARY!

Profile Picture Amber, 7/5/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary and her team were the best money we spent. When it came down to the wire and I was to stressed to think straight she swept in and took care of it. She was there to answer emails, contact vendors and even went to my dress fitting with me when the shop didn't do it correctly. There were a bunch of things that went haywire at our event, we didn't know about any of them until much later, and neither did most of our guests. She is truly amazing to work with, I would recommend her to anyone getting married!

Profile Picture Kate, 5/11/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary Homer gave me the wedding of my dreams she turned my wedding into a beautiful event that was well organized and left me worry free. I was able to enjoy my wedding without any stress.

Profile Picture Priscilla, 11/19/10, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I am a very very busy person. I am a broadcast meteorologist and I work very strange and long hours. I have to say Mary was a life saver. I explained my vision for the wedding and she made it all happen. It was like she picked the image of my wedding right out of my head and brought it to life. She was extremely attentive to me throughout the wedding planning process. She took all my calls and answered all my questions without having to wait. I recommend Mary to all my friends and to anyone that wants to have a stress free amazing wedding! She was worth every penny! What I love the most is that she keeps in touch via facebook and reaches out even years later after the wedding. Talk about a women that really cares about the PEOPLE and not about the business of weddings. And trust me that is important because there are many vendors that treat you like just another event. Not Mary! She is like a close friend that takes all the stress away from you and shares your very special day with you! Don't hesitate, just give her a call and enjoy your wedding day :)

Vanessa Szwejbka

Profile Picture Vanessa, 10/16/09, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Would recommend to anyone! Very reasonably priced and EXCELLENT service. Helped make our wedding day magical and stress free!

Profile Picture Mike, 10/11/09, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I’ve always had a dream of my wedding and it with this company it’s was better than I had dreamt about. Everything was beautifully put together. All of my guests were pleasantly surprised and had such an amazing time. I could recommend Fairy Tale Weddings to anyone that has a wedding they are planning for.

Profile Picture Amelia, 12/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My daughter contracted Mary's services (Fairy Tale Weddings & Events) for the day of the wedding. The wedding was the weekend after Super Storm Sandy and, although it took place in Syracuse, NY (not affected by the storm), we had a number of relatives coming from Brooklyn and Long Island. Needless to say, the stress factor for us was very high the week before our event. Thanks to Mary we got through the week - she listened to all my worries, answered all my questions, solved all my pre-wedding problems and, on the day of the wedding, took care of every single detail that came up. She and her staff made it possible for me to have the best time of my life at my daughter's wedding, after the most emotional roller coaster week of my life. I cannot say enough good things about her. If you are the bride, or MOB, do not even consider planning the most important day of your life without Fairy Tale Weddings. If you want to enjoy your day make sure Mary (and her staff) is there. Her calm, professional manner will be hard at work for you and, yet, you won't even know they are there. To this day I still don’t know if there were any problems that day...and I'm not asking!

Profile Picture User2972848, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I hired Fairy Tale Weddings for day of wedding services. I knew that I would be stressed and I didn't want my stress and worries to ruin the big day. Even though the contract was for day of services, Mary let me know that if I had any questions or needed any help leading up to wedding that I could ask for her help. She took over the checking of vendors to make sure everyone had the correct information, which relieved that stress. And on the day of the wedding, from getting ready to the end of the reception, Mary and her team were amazing. Everything was taken care of, all the details were exactly as I wanted, and if there were any problems I never knew. Knowing that she had everything under control allowed me to fully enjoy every part of my day. Even when my husband stepped on my bustle, quick as a flash she was there with her sewing kit to fix it!

Profile Picture Kat, 11/3/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We really valued working with Mary and her team for our wedding. She was very helpful as a day of coordinator making sure we covered all of our bases, reaching out to our vendors, setting up decorations, handling last minute surprises (like unexpected guests), and we also had her help clean up decorations. It was also great that she was willing to work with both of our moms making sure that they felt like their voices were heard while also maintaining our vision.
We would definitely recommend her to others!

Profile Picture LT, 6/2/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord.