FabDay Events Reviews

17 | Farmingville, NY

17 Reviews for FabDay Events

• Maria

Maria · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Incredible Wedding Coordinator who took off so much stress from the bride’s shoulder

Amaira was wonderful and such an effective coordinator, MashAllah! She was our day of coordinator for a wedding reception in Southern Jersey with 200 guests. Amaira knows how to listen and deliver what her client desires. She’s a strong communicator. I specifically remember how she came up to my husband and I on stage & while we ate dinner to check on us. It made a difference by making us feel more comfortable. I highly recommend hiring her to take off a lot of stress on your big day! Future brides, no matter how much you plan out your big day, stress is almost inevitable. Hire the fabulous Amaira to take off all that stress from you!

Sent on 02/22/2020

Alexa Osani · Married on 10/17/2020

Amazing! Had such a great experience!

My husband and I found Amaira and a few other possible event planners when we decided to pull the plug on our original plans of a destination wedding. Due to covid and all the craziness that came along with it, we felt it was too risky to have family members travel. We spoke to a few companies and received prices, but after speaking to Amaira, we had a feeling that was it, our search was over. Not only did some of these other companies lack with quick responses, their prices were so far out of reach. We only gave ourselves a 6 week planning process due to weather restrictions (October on Long Island) and personal preferences. While some other event planners, as well as Amaira told us that was a short timeline, Amaira was the only one who made me confident it was completely doable while achieving the new vision I had. Our new mindset was a fall/chic backyard/tent wedding to finally have our wedding. Amaira was very straight forward and told us from the start that she would “hold our hands” (I was so nervous because my original mindset was on a beach in Dominican Republic. I had no idea what to start with for a wedding at home) and help us plan, however, her assistant would be the person with us on the day of our wedding. A little nerve-racking, but she assured us we would meet her prior and everything would be fine. My husband and I both work in the healthcare field during this pandemic and had VERY minimal time to speak to vendors and that was no longer a problem in my hands because Amaira completely took that off my plate. She was available to speak after long work days and weekends which was very helpful. I really can’t say enough great things. She would do her research, provide me options/her opinions, and ask for my decisions. She set up FaceTime meetings, a tasting with our vendor, came to site visits, organized day of timelines, negotiated prices, and came the weekend before to personally go over all the minor details with her assistant so we were absolutely all on the same page.

The day of went absolutely perfectly. Everything was completely handled as we didn’t lift a finger. We even got to FaceTime her on the day of our wedding during our reception haha. If you are looking for someone to help you make your event come to life, do NOT hesitate to reach out. Thank you Amaira and Anika for all of you hard work and dedication.

Love, The Manninos

Sent on 12/13/2020

Lena Darden · Married on 10/12/2020

Best Wedding Planner EVER

Working with Amaira from FabDay events was by far the best decision I made in regards to my wedding (aside from my groom, of course). Amaira is everything you could ask for in a wedding planner; she is highly professional-- there was a never a time I questioned her judgement from the smallest decision to the biggest one; she is also quite savvy in the wedding business and is up to date on the latest trends and faux pas. Amaira has great connections with vendors and is honest about expectation management.

Communication is certainly one of Amaira's strongest skills; there was never a missed call or text between the two of us and there was never a time I felt I couldn't reach out to her regardless of how minute the worry. She was also professional when speaking with potential vendors and venues and I felt comfortable with her reaching out to them on my behalf. Staying within the budget was a huge deal for me and Amaira really took that into consideration with every decision she made; she fought on my behalf to find the fairest price and truly took it upon herself to find highest quality services for me.

I initially sought out FabDay events because I was hoping to have my wedding in New York; however, plans changed and she was kind enough to help me plan an entirely different wedding in an entirely new city.

Amaira works tirelessly to make her couples happy and it truly shows. She is down to earth and loves what she does; I couldn't recommend her more highly.

Sent on 04/08/2020

Maira Ghani · Married on 10/06/2020

My wedding coordination/planning with Amaira

Amaira is awesome. I hired her two weeks before my 3 day wedding. She was very helpful and was very flexible. She worked with me on pricing and she even went above and beyond. Not only was she there physically to help out but she was also there emotionally and was a really good support for me throughout my wedding time. I would definitely recommend amaira to anyone looking to get married or plan an event!

The day of my wedding when my decorators messed up, amaira was there to monitor and make sure they did everything that they were supposed to as per our contract. She even made sure to ask if we wanted dinner and she kept everything organized throughout.

You will not go wrong if you hire amaira! Highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/20/2020

Rhea Alexis · Married on 09/26/2020

The Best of the BEST!

CHOOSE AMAIRA AS YOUR WEDDING COORDINATOR! I can't say enough positive things about our experience with Amaira. Ive worked with wedding planners in the past and I can say working with her was a pleasing experience to say the least. She was organized, kind and helpful and I witnessed her warm professionalism with the bride on her day. She also provided a calm atmosphere for everyone to work and removed all possibilities of jitters!

Our restaurant catered the event with dinner and she made sure we were comfortable and had all the resources needed to serve her wedding. Amaira is detailed and follows up on her promises and tracks progress and time management.

We will be recommending Amaira to future customers at Pasha Turkish for events to coordinate and host. I ALSO WILL BE CHOOSING HER FOR MY OWN SPECIAL EVENTS IN THE FUTURE...BRAVO! A JOB WELL DONE!

Sent on 10/05/2020

Lauren · Married on 09/12/2020

Loved working together!

From our first consultation, Amaira was super easy to talk to and provided open and honest feedback in helping me plan my wedding. Her research, expertise and personality were invaluable to me as a new bride with no clue where to start. I would definitely recommend her to other brides looking for a savvy, non-pushy, supportive planner!

Sent on 06/16/2020
  • Mercy

Mercy Vega · Married on 09/06/2020

Amaira from FabDay Events

Amaira was the most helpful, responsive and supportive wedding planner. She answered emails/texts quickly. As soon as we discussed my vision, she went straight to work contacting vendors. I was never dissatisfied because she completely understood me. I couldn’t have asked for a better person. The pandemic had interfered with the original planning as you can imagine, but Amaira stood by my side every step of the way. I think what I appreciated and loved the most about her, was how much of a friend she was to me. If family got in my head, she quickly grounded me. I barely fell stressed throughout the process. I may be saying goodbye to my wedding planner, but gaining a friend instead. Thank you Amaira.

Sent on 10/21/2020

Sophie Kaye · Married on 05/30/2020

Wonderful to work on a team with!

I photographed a wedding that Amaira planned. She was wonderful to work with - so organized and efficient, but easy going. Made our jobs as the couple’s vendors go more smoothly, which is the best I can ask for as a photographer. Truly had a wonderful experience with her as the person who ran the show - looking forward to hopefully working with her again!

Sent on 05/30/2020
  • Soombal

Soombal · Married on 05/25/2020

A planner who's efficient, caring, fun, and honest!

I contacted a number of wedding planners before deciding on Amaira. Not only was she the most reasonably priced, she was also the only one to have showed her patience, flexibility, and understanding at our very first meeting. As beautiful as weddings can be, they are also so difficult with the number of personalities and decisions involved. Amaira was always there as someone level-headed that I could go to for advice, She was prompt, remembered to check in with me during the madness of COVID, and very understanding when it came time to canceling larger wedding plans. I ended up having a beautiful wedding at home and am grateful for Amaira's support along the way (during the most uncertain of times). Hope to be in touch with her again for my brothers weddings :) Would recommend her to any friend looking for a planner!

Sent on 06/23/2020
  • Carmela

Carmela Bernad · Married on 06/23/2019

Great service

I highly recommend Amaira! She made sure that everything flowed smoothly at our wedding. I wasn't planning on booking a day-of-coordinator, but as the planning got more and more stressful, I decided to look for one on Thumbtack. I didn't have a lot to spend on a coordinator, so I messaged Amaira asking if she can cut down on some services. She responded to me that she would want to offer me everything she could and will work with me on my budget. I'm so glad I made the decision to hire her. She is very knowledgeable and detail-oriented, and she helped me get all the details of my wedding straightened out. She brought up a lot of items that I hadn't thought about - this is my first time organizing a 125-person party - and looking back, we wouldn't have had the wedding I had if not for her. Booking Amaira will definitely help you enjoy your wedding day even more!

Sent on 03/07/2020
  • Z

Zarin · Married on 04/14/2018

A true gem!

Amaira was incredibly supportive and truly collaborated with my vision while also elevating it with her elegant touch. She helped me plan a wedding in another state, and helped me stay calm on the day of and bring order to a hectic day. She got things done and allowed me to focus on getting ready and relaxing. From coordinating with all our vendors, to decorating on the fly when I forgot a box of decorations, to checking in with me and making sure I was alright, she truly held it all together. I highly recommend surrendering the reigns to her if you really want to enjoy your wedding!

Pranita S. · Married on 01/09/2018

Could not have asked for a better wedding planner!

Amaira was essential in helping me bring to life the vision that I had for my wedding and create the wedding of my dreams. She did everything from helping me find the perfect dress to the perfect flowers and decor -- and all within my budget. She knows the industry inside and out. I could not have pulled off my wedding without her expertise, care, and dedication.

Sent on 06/09/2020

Anika · Married on 05/06/2017

Couldn’t have gotten through this without Amaira!

Amaira planned our wedding two years ago and it is an experience my husband and I will always cherish. Wedding planning is of course, very stressful, and I was very overwhelmed, but Amaira made everything seamless and easy! She listened to what we wanted, and created an event that our family still talks about. She anticipated our needs, was extremely organized, and prioritized our day so that we got to enjoy our day without worrying about anything. We ended up with a beautiful and memorable event. Don’t know what I would have done without her!

Sent on 06/09/2020

Elizabeth Jaikaran · Married on 08/08/2015

Amaira is phenomenal!

Amaira planned me the most gorgeous baby shower; I could not have even dreamed it up. She was responsive, flexible with my time, and directly coordinated with all required vendors for the event. She also sent out my invitations, coordinated key tasks with my family, and made sure that I did not have anything to do but get dressed and show up. I cannot recommend her more for your special day. She will leave no stone unturned in the effort of executing your dream event.

• Sarah

Sarah Jean · Married on 11/30/2019

All Around Superwoman of a Planner

I couldn't have enjoyed my wedding day without the help of my planner, Amaira from Fab Day Events! She attended church, reception venue and floral meetings with us and coordinated the wedding day. She was instrumental in:
    - following-up with vendors & venue managers
    - walking us through, managing and executing the day-of timeline
    - coordinating the set-up & break-down of decor
    - organizing vendor meals
    - and most importantly, making us feel taken care of on our wedding day

We are grateful for Amaira's help!!!

Sent on 06/29/2020

Meghan Manangón · Married on 05/10/2019

Day of coordinator

Amaira did a great job in a short period of time and a slightly challenging situation. Our wedding was a little non-traditional, involved several locations in busy Dumbo Brooklyn and we brought Amaira on board kind of late. We initially contacted her just for decoration but quickly hired her for day-of coordination. It's not easy to take a thing someone else planned and jump in and make it a success but our wedding was amazing nevertheless. I wish it could have been a little more seamless but it was just the nature of the plan that we came up against logistical challenges that resulted in me needing to give instructions a few times throughout the day. Throughout it all, Amaira was professional, communicative & responsive. Thanks for being a part of our day!

Sent on 03/11/2020
  • Lauryn

Lauryn Matovich · Married on 08/08/2020

1.8
      1.0

No, just no

I think once coronavirus hit, I began to realize the difference between my good vendors and bad vendors. Good vendors have shown compassion and understanding for how difficult it is to reschedule your wedding given the unknown. There is a mutual understanding that it is hard for everyone. I ended up canceling the wedding altogether and decided a private ceremony would be fine for 2021. Amaira was unresponsive, unwilling to compromise or be flexible and was completely cold and rude. I would not recommend her. Sure, others experiences clearly are different but I think true colors show when something like a pandemic hits and all they care about is money and contracts and not mutual compassion and understanding.

As far as my experience, she did no work for me and I feel robbed of the 50% deposit I put down and for finding someone so uncaring. I constantly had to follow up with her if I had a question. Obviously others have had a different experience and I am happy to see that but this was the worst vendor I dealt with when canceling the wedding.

FabDay Events's reply:

Hi Lauryn,

Although it truly saddens to me to read this review, it was expected. I cannot allow you to bully me into compromising the integrity of my business as you may have done to others in order to get a refund. I stand by my actions. Your contract indicates that you are not entitled to a refund of your deposit, as you missed that window by several weeks. The terms of the contract don’t change just because you are inconvenienced. During COVID, I lost family members and dealt with a number of personal losses. I hope that you have shown the compassion and care you speak of to others experiencing trials during this mighty time, and do not similarly exercise this kind of entitlement when the rules don’t bend to your whims. Small businesses like mine have suffered greatly during this time, we cannot work for free. Here are a list of wedding items I completed on your behalf:

1. Negotiated and reviewed contracts for venue and caterer, thereby saving you nearly my entire fee
    2. Researched and secured two florists for you
    3. Responded to nearly one hundred pieces of communication from you regarding your wedding over the course of several months as well as countless hours on the phone with you in preparation for your big day
    4. Created multiple, sample day-of timelines for you as you decided to change the layout of your wedding on numerous occasions
    5. Was in the process of securing churches for you closer to your venue when you changed the layout again.

Although you’ve made it clear that you expect me to do so, again, I cannot work for free. Additionally, as we discussed, I held your date for you and rejected any other opportunities to work during peak wedding season. Your claim that I was unresponsive could not be further from the truth. It was only once you began threatening me with legal action, that I reiterated my contract, explained the language and terms to you in further detail, even offering to honor the original contract if you chose to reschedule at no additional cost. It wasn’t until you started sending me harassing emails, that I politely asked you to stop.

Every couple I have ever worked with can attest to my responsiveness, professionalism, and the love and care that I put into every wedding. I was genuinely excited to work with you and bring your vision to life. Although this situation hasn’t been ideal for anyone, I hope when you decide to tie the knot, you are able to find a planner who is a better fit for you.