EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS Reviews

83 Reviews for EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS

83 EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS Reviews
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 10/13/2018

The best wedding planning choice you can make, EIW!

Chucky and I got engaged this past March 2018, and literally the day after our engagement I was calling Kim to see if it was possible to do a wedding in October 2018. I am so blessed that she was actually available for the date we wanted! Our wedding was on Oct 13, 2018... And Kim was true to her word that it was MORE than possible to plan our wedding in 7 months. From our first official meeting I knew I had made the right choice. Kim was organized, knowledgeable, listened to our vision... And for lack of better words, just ON IT! I felt so comfortable letting her take the reigns to plan our special day. And when the day came, it turned out even better than what we had imagined it to be! Because exclusive island Weddings is an established company, Kim knew which vendors to call and book to make our dream wedding come true. EIW also let us use items they carried for even more personal touches to our wedding, and by doing so it helped us save some money! From decor to lighting, they had it all!

I got a lot of push back from my family and even friends asking why I needed a wedding planner? Couldn't we do it ourselves? Isn't it easy to call vendors and book what you want? And if I really wanted to... Sure I could've planned and executed my entire wedding, but I would not have enjoyed it the way I did with having EIW by our side. I enjoyed EVERY moment of my wedding, from planning to the actual day! I did not stress or feel overwhelmed. When people asked me if I was ready to get married, I could truly say yes because that was really all I needed to focus on. Is EIW worth it? HELL YEAH!!! I would never change my decision to go with a wedding planner... And not just ANY wedding planner... It has to be Kim at Exclusive Island Weddings! She is a wedding game changer. If you want your family and friends to truly enjoy and have a good time at your wedding, than EIW is the way to do. Everyone who went to our wedding keeps telling us how beautiful and how much fun they had. Our wedding even sparked love in our friends marriages saying they wanted to renew their vows. Now that's what you get with an EIW wedding.

Thank you to Kim and Keala and the entire Exclusive Island Weddings team for executing such a one of a kind, beautiful, memorable, wedding! Truly an A team! so if your reading this and are planning on getting married, there really is no other choice... Exclusive Island Weddings is the best!

EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS 1
    EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS 8
    EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS 9
    EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS 10

Ann & Wade · Married on 09/22/2018

We can't thank you all enough!! Kim, Keala and the entire Exclusive Island Weddings crew as our wedding planner. We knew from the very start that we did a right decision in hiring them as our wedding planner. We had a very stress free, beautiful, elegant and memorable wedding. Everything wouldn't be possible without them, everything was perfect!!!! Thank you EIW for giving us the best wedding ever. You all went over and beyond our expectation! I will definitely recommend Kim and her Exclusive Island Weddings team.

EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS 11

Chrissy · Married on 09/09/2018

If there was a doctorate degree in wedding planning - Kim and Exclusive Island Wedding staff would achieve this designation. Kim's knowledge, vendor contacts, problem solving, creativeness, patience, diplomacy, and adaptability make her the most qualified event planner I have ever met. Her organizational skills will amaze you. If you want an enjoyable, fun, well orchestrated wedding day, don't hesitate, call Exclusive Island Weddings and have an awesome day!

Katherine · Married on 09/09/2018

If anyone is ever planning a Maui wedding, I would immediately send them straight to Kim! I went through four wedding planners before I found her, and she was like a breath of fresh air! I was working with her for about ten months leading up to our wedding, and each month, she gave me a few simple tasks to complete so everything would be set up for the big day- and she does think of literally EVERYTHING! I took all of her recommendations, and entrusted her with the flowers and decor, and everything flowed as smoothly as could be, and it was BEAUTIFUL! WE LOVE KIM!

Lynne · Married on 08/18/2018

Where do I even begin... Exclusive Island Weddings had given me then BEST wedding experience and without a doubt a game changer for all weddings. Overall I wanted to acknowledge Keala and Kim and their amazing team for making it all happen. From their one-on-one consultations, which I felt were very much a friendly conversation rather than just business, which was comfortaing. Another aspect was how Keala was very responsive and always puts the clients as the first priority. We can all agree that weddings are stressful! Though with the help of EIW I thankfully had things taken cared of which left me carefree before and during my special day. But above all, just a special and amazing thanks to Keala & Kim and the EIW team for the beautiful experince that will forever be memorable to my husband and I.

CLARISSA · Married on 07/28/2018

First off, I’d like to give a HUGE thanks to Keala, Kim and EIW team for helping us plan and execute a gorgeous wedding. We were overwhelmed with compliments from guests during the reception and days after the wedding! Everything from the decor, entertainment, and food came together so amazingly. I enjoyed every minute of the wedding (from getting ready early in the morning to the end of the night)! We seriously wouldn’t have been able to create such a beautiful and fun wedding without these ladies :)

Keala and Kim are super organized - which an organized person and lover of spreadsheets can appreciate. They drafted up a timeline for the wedding day months ahead, which was refined as the big day got closer; and provided spreadsheets to help us keep track of our wedding costs. We really appreciated their honesty and valuable insight on everything from selecting vendors to determining the number of chairs to have at the ceremony. We were very comfortable brainstorming and sharing our ambitious ideas with them. We were one of those couples with a lot of DIY projects...including hanging 3,500+ cranes from the ceiling for our reception (which was never done at our reception venue before us). They were very personable and willing to do their best to make our vision come to life. Once we shared our vision for the wedding, EIW was on top of the stressful wedding planning tasks allowing us more time to focus on our DIY projects. Being able to personalize our wedding with our handmade decor was really important to us and EIW made it possible for us to do so.

Early in the morning of my wedding day, there was a moment (before the ceremony) where I felt pure happiness and complete confidence … like no mishaps of any kind would be able to ruin our wedding day. This moment speaks volumes of the amount of trust and confidence I had in EIW’s ability in tackling any unexpected mishaps while orchestrating an awesome wedding. Hire these ladies!! :)

EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS 12

Krisha · Married on 06/24/2018

Kim and Keala are just so great with what they do. I’m someone who is very indecisive. After I got engage, I tried planning everything on my own with help from my family and friends but then i realize i have a newborn baby, i have to start planning her first birthday, and I’m super indecisive and I already knew that I’m going to need a wedding coordinator. My cousin referred me to her and since our first meeting, I knew I made the best decision! They are very responsive in getting back to you and very easy to work with. Even though in the beginning I was still indecisive on vendors and decorations but she had given me ideas to narrow everything down and was still within our budget. During the planning process, I told them our ideas/vision on how we want our wedding, showing different ideas from my “future wedding” board on Pinterest and they listened to every bit of detail. Within our vision, she even tweaked it out to make it better.

As the days got closer, everyone would ask me, how’s wedding planning going? I’d say, “great!” They would be so shocked asking how I’m not even stressed. Trust that Kim and Keala will make sure we have everything, from us, bridal party, family, guest, everything! They make sure we’re stress free.

The day of the wedding, she called to see how we were doing. Making sure if I had any last minute questions and just to relax because it’s our day, we’ve been planning it for so Long. The moment we pulled up to our ceremony and even entered the reception, everything from my “future wedding” Pinterest board came true!

I can’t thank them enough to making our dream wedding come true. Thank you so much! ❤️❤️❤️

EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS 13
    EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS 20
    EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS 21
    EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS 22

Brittany · Married on 05/19/2018

THE BEST INVESTMENT IN MY WEDDING! Kim and Keala are amazing! We 1st met Kim at a wedding convention, where we won their selfie contest. After meeting with her we knew immediatly that we needed her. She knew just how to translate my wants and needs, as well as my husbands, without going over our budget. It was amazing, the whole time it was like they could read our minds with all the things that we would want but also making sure we didn't forget the things we'd need. Both Kim and Keala kept us completely well informed and responded quickly. They both even managed to somehow keep my "Groomzilla" of a fiance happy and calm through out the whole planning process. They helped us find the best ways to get more bang for our buck, which included help with all the centerpieces and recommending things and ideas we never would have thought of! Our meetings were so much fun and we loved seeing and working with them both, which really made the whole planning portion LESS stressful. I could not imagine that a wedding we planned without Kim and Keala could ever compare to the beautiful magical wedding they gave us. They even had made a beautiful lockett made with my husbad's sister's photo to pin on his chest, which earned a few happy tears. That thoughtfulness just touched my heart and glad that we met them amd were able to work woth them both. I truly believe that Kim, Keala and their team are an INVESTMENT in a wedding! They gave us our dream wedding at a dream price! Thank you so much!

EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS 23

LC · Married on 05/12/2018

Kim and Keala are simply AMAZING and I can't thank them enough for all that they've done for us.

I am one who loves to plan and organize things so I've always wanted to plan my own wedding. I never thought of hiring a wedding planner until one of my friends recommended Kim to me. I gave her a call and just from talking to her on the phone, I already felt like I needed her.

At our first meeting with Kim, my fiance was very impressed and he wanted to hire them right away.. It made me excited that he was excited but I was still hesitant because of the money. My fiance convinced me and I must say, it was the best decision ever! They're definitely worth every penny!

Throughout the whole process, they were very easy to work with and they were very responsive to any questions I had leading up to the big day. They are so good at coordinating and planning your wedding down to the smallest details (things I would have never thought of).

They are amazing at what they do! So if you're looking for a wedding planner, Exclusive Island Weddings is the way to go! You won't regret it!

Shanelle · Married on 05/05/2018

Where do I even begin to list all the great things about Kim, Keala, and the EIW team. Everyone kept telling me planning a wedding is so stressful. Well planning my wedding with Kim wasn't even stressful at all. I had a bunch of ideas off of Pinterest that I wanted for my wedding and Kim made all those dreams possible. Kim is so busy with other weddings she's planning yet if you have a question or anything she is timely with her responses. From setting up all our vendors, decorating our ceremony and reception venue ( she made a community center look like a hotel ball room), and cleaning up everything they do it all!!! And trust me that took away so much stress!! I would recommend EIW to any friend or family member that is getting married. My photographers and videographers kept telling me they have never seen a bride the day of so relaxed and free of stress and my response was well I have Kim to thank for that. Thank you again Kim and the EIW team!!!!! We'll miss our monthly meetings with you guys!

Kainoa · Married on 01/13/2018

I knew my wife had been planning our special day for years on Pinterest. But I knew she wanted a planner and I didn’t want her to stress so we decided to go with Exclusive Island Weddings, and we’re so happy and satisfied we did! They did an awesome job and even wanted my opinions. They got down to the littlest details and made sure my wife’s visions came to life. They were so easy and awesome to work with and also gave us their ideas when we didn’t have any. Our wedding day was more then we could ever imagine and the smile on my wife’s face was all worth it. Kim and her team did an amazing job from wedding to the party! Thank you guys very much!

• I

Irene · Married on 12/02/2017

We knew choosing the right wedding planner was very important since neither the groom nor I would be able to visit Maui before our actual wedding. Kim, Keala, and the EIW staff did a wonderful job working with us remotely - they planned the venue layout, sent us several options for caterers, hair and makeup artists, photographers, bartenders, MCs, and officiant. We also especially liked how EIW is a local company run by locals. The venue was at a family friend's private home, and their comments were all extremely positive and noted how professional and prepared Kim and her team were during site visits. In addition, we especially liked how transparent EIW was about payment - invoices came directly from vendors and checks were made out directly to them. EIW was not taking any commission off of any bills due. EIW charges one flat rate and that is that. Kim and Keala communicated with us well and were immediately responsive to our questions and comments - there was never a time we felt ignored or "unattended" to (even with the East Coast/Maui time difference). We trusted Kim and Keala's opinions and suggestions and our wedding was a huge success. Everyone had a wonderful time and both the groom and I received so many compliments on the final result; several guests even asked for EIW's contact details. It was the stress-free wedding of our dreams, and EIW was key to making that happen. Thank you!

EXCLUSIVE ISLAND WEDDINGS 24

Shayne · Married on 11/11/2017

Words can't describe how grateful we are to have EIW be part of our wedding planning. We did not hesitate to go with them just because we've already heard so much good reviews from our family and friends who have hired them prior. From day 1 of our first meeting, I've already felt a sigh of relief knowing that our wedding was going to be taken good care of. We appreciated Kim and Keala for their professionalism and at the same time for being very personable. We were very indecisive and we would be making last minute changes and requests up to the day of the wedding, but they were very patient and accommodating to it all. They would always reassure me that everything was taken care of in their part, and that is something you just love to hear as a bride who is a perfectionist. We had so much fun at our reception and that was a big thing for us because we didn't want to be worried or stressed about little things. EIW handled every little problem and fixed it with such professionalism. If you're still on the fence about hiring them, please do not overthink. This is the BEST investment you'll ever make for your wedding.

Dominic · Married on 11/11/2017

Working with Kim and Keala has been an absolute pleasure. As the groom they even asked me my opinions on things I wanted in the wedding. They kept us updated at every turn. Having them as our planners even helped us save a little here and there because of their connections with vendors and storage of party decorations; vases, cake stand, cutter, etc. I could go on and on.
    On our wedding day they made things very smooth taking care of all complications that happened without letting us know about it and their decorating at both the ceremony and reception was incredible. I give them 5-stars and would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding

Ashley · Married on 10/14/2017

We would like to just say how grateful we are to have had Kim, Keala, and all of the Exclusive Island Weddings staff be part of our beautiful wedding. There is definitely a lot of planning when it comes to a wedding and details that you would have never thought of and there is no way that we could have pulled it all off without the help and expertise of EIW. The vision we had for our wedding was put into reality and every detail was executed to perfection. On the day of the wedding Kim and Keala and the EIW staff were able to coordinate everything and we were able to enjoy our wedding day free of any worries. Hiring EIW will surely be the best decision when it comes to planning the wedding of your dreams.

Kim · Married on 09/30/2017

EIW is the ONLY way to go! They made our wedding dreams a reality, everything was perfect! We worked with Kim and Keala for 9 months and I was never stressed! They made me feel relaxed and I knew they had it all under control. They helped with all the vendor decisions and did all of the coordinating. Each one fit us perfectly! Everyone was so great to work with. The day of the wedding was perfect, we got so many compliments from our guests. Everything ran smoothly and the EIW team managed everything so Lundie and I could just relax and enjoy the evening. I contacted other planners who told me my wedding was "impossible" to do under 45k. Um... that's ridiculous! Kim and Keala made it happen and stayed in our budget (way below 45k)! They have the best, most creative ideas. Book these ladies for your Maui wedding, you will NOT regret it.

Lundie · Married on 09/30/2017

Huge thanks to Kim and Keala for planning our wedding! My Wife would have been a MESS if it wasn't for them. They have all of the great vendor hook ups on island and really made our day perfect! They care about the grooms perspective on everything, even though I lost on the gold silverware debate! Their meetings are always fun, and just to say it again, they will make your Fiances into happy, stress free brides, not bridezillas! Totally worth it!!! Thanks ladies

Kylie · Married on 09/09/2017

Our wedding was so amazing! Our families still tell us how beautiful it was. Kim, Keala and the rest of their team did such a fantastic job with everything. At first we weren't going to hire a wedding coordinator and thought we could do this on our own, but after doing research I'm glad we got one especially Kim. She made the process so smooth and easy.
    I told her I wanted to surprise my husband and have him stop by the graveyard to visit his dad before going to the ceremony. At first, it didn't seem like it was going to go through, but she made it happen. To see his reaction on video touched my heart and I'm soooo happy that Kim helped me with this.
    Kim and her team is so professional at what they do. I recommend Kim and her team to make your dream wedding come true. Thank again Kim, Keala and the rest of the Exclusive Island Wedding team. You guys rock!
    -The Paets 09.09.2017

Allyce · Married on 08/31/2017

Wow! I want to say the biggest THANK YOU to Kim and her team! You made mine and Matt's wedding dreams come true and day we will cherish forever! From the beginning to our wedding day was a wonderful experience. Kim and her team paid close attention to all the little special details to make our venue flawless. Kim and Keala were always punctual on any request. I would highly recommend Kim and her team to anyone who is having a wedding on Maui!

Dennis & Julie · Married on 08/05/2017

Words cannot express how grateful we are for Kim and her staff at Exclusive Island Wedding. Kim and her team did a phenomenal job to make our wedding so special. Thank you so much for being such an awesome wedding planner! You helped us stay organized and on time with every step of wedding planning! Thank you for being so responsive to our many questions and for all your advice. You've really helped us ease the stress of wedding planning by keeping us on schedule with the handy timelines. You ladies are the best and thank you for making our wedding a dream come true!

Vanessa · Married on 07/22/2017

We don’t even know where to begin….Kim, Keala and the rest of the Exclusive Island Weddings crew are just AMAZING! Simply the BEST in the business! We can’t praise them enough! When we got engaged we started planning our wedding by calling vendors, comparing prices, and planning the many things a wedding needs. We had mixed emotions on whether we should hire a wedding coordinator or not until we found out we were expecting our 2nd child 4 months before the wedding date and from that moment we knew we had to get a coordinator. When I initially spoke to Kim I already knew she was awesome at what she does and in no doubt decided to move forward with her. We are so glad we did! Our wedding turned out way more beautiful than we expected! Within our budget and with absolutely NO STRESS! We couldn’t believe it! They were on top of everything and made sure everything ran smoothly throughout the night. Ourselves as well as our family and friends we’re amazed at their work, creativity, and skills. We are extremely thankful for them for making our wedding dreams into reality! We HIGHLY recommend Exclusive Island Weddings to anyone planning a wedding!

Amber · Married on 07/15/2017

To put it simply, Kim and her team are AMAZING! From the very first meeting I knew we were in good hands. She worked with our budget and was straight forward about what would work and what wouldn't. She took my plain idea of a "country/rustic" theme and added to it and the end results were more then we could have ever dreamed of! From the bird cage flower arrangements hanging in the tree, to the rose curtain backdrop, to the beautiful rose petal design that Keala laid out down the aisle--it was all so beautiful! Thank you Kim, Keala and the rest of the girls for a night we will never forget!

Joann · Married on 07/08/2017

Kim, Keala and Staff...
    Hardworking, efficient, dependable, takes care of your problems so you can relax, magic makers, dream catchers...just to name a few.
    From the start, communicating with them was seamless, very important for any bride to know, that helps a bride to communicate effectively.
    All throughout,
    Everything we wanted and envisioned for our wedding, their team delivered and superseded our high expectations.
    It's every brides dream to have an unforgettable wedding, but to hear your husband experienced and felt the same is rare and what their team does, they help make your dreams a reality.
    We couldn't thank kim, keala and staff enough for the unforgettable, loving happiest of memories as now Mr & Mrs Pokipala

Trish & Chrystal · Married on 07/01/2017

Our wedding plans started with Kim almost 3 years and 4 months ago and it has been nothing shy of an amazing experience. With that being said, we had years of planning and being that I (Trish) am one indecisive person, we've changed colors, themes, centerpieces, favors, flowers, food, booze, venues and so on...but Kim stuck by our sides to make sure that it was everything and more then we hoped and dreamed for. Kim was able to sort through all our changes, figure out our vision and made it a FABULOUS Reality! A day that we along with family and friends will NEVER FORGET! A BEAUTIFUL day to start the rest of our lives together as one! I (Trish) must say that I wish that night never ended and I wish I could do it all over again....she made it just simply amazing! If we could give any couple looking to marry advice, it would be to do yourself a favor and hire KIM! Let her and her CREW work their magic so that you can enjoy what should be one of the best days of your life! We certainly did and will forever be grateful! Kim is very dependable, organized, understanding, knowledgable, professional and exceeded our highest expectations. We love you KIM, KEALA & the whole EIW Crew! You folks are DA BOMB.com! Much love, Trish & Chrystal Kitayama