Exclusive Island Weddings Reviews

Exclusive Island Weddings 6
Exclusive Island Weddings 7
  • Casey

Casey Nishikawa Morrin · Married on 12/29/2018

If you want to start your married life off with as little stress as possible, you'll want to hire a wedding planner, and EIW is who you'll want.

Hiring Kim Yonamine and the entire Exclusive Island Wedding team was the best decision my husband and I ever made about planning our wedding. Not only on a personal level because of how well we got along with them and how comfortable and at ease they made us feel about the whole process, but also because of the efficiency and value Kim brings to the table. There are so many aspects to a wedding that you simply can't remember, coordinate, and handle all on your own, unless you do this full-time as a profession, and Kim make it seem effortless. She was there to walk us through every step of the way, even when you have silly questions or insane requests, Kim handles them with grace and patience and professionalism.

Kim also has so many connections to vendors and businesses you'll need to hire when it comes to any element of the wedding (flowers, rentals, photography, catering, decor, entertainment, etc). She can point you in the right direction and let you know which vendors have been previously good to work with and which will cause you trouble. This saves you a lot of headache down the road, I know. Other married friends who did not have planners encountered a lot of issues that we never did because we had Kim! There is no doubt that Kim saved us from a ton of bad experiences because she has had so much experience in this industry and knew the right people to call. That was just one of the many reasons we decided to hire her. EIW also has a collection of decor items that her company has collected, and welcomes you to borrow anything you think might fit within your vision of decor for your wedding. This also saved us a lot on miscellaneous things we would never use again like candle holders, signage displays, chargers, lanterns, decorative wine barrels, a dessert ladder, etc. Kim and her EIW team even assembled our floral centerpieces, aisle decor, and bridesmaid's bouquets by hand, and they were absolutely flawless.

I can't even begin to say how amazing it was to have them there for us on the day of the wedding. Their full-service, day-of package they offer ensures that you are not running around stressing out about setting everything up yourself. Kim and the EIW team handles making sure that vendors are arriving on time, coordinating your family members, finalizing all decor, and everything about the venue is perfect. They take all the stress away and just want to make sure you ENJOY your wedding day. I know 100% that I would have been a nervous wreck that day without them.

Kim herself is just so pleasant to work with. We felt like she was more of a friend than a paid consultant. I had thought that a professional wedding planner would be regimental and uptight and pushy about all the decisions that need to be made or upcoming deadlines, but Kim was so so patient and understanding, and best of all, helpful with anything that we had questions about or didn't understand. She listens to everything you say (and remembers those notes for later when you've forgotten), and especially to any concerns you might have. She only wants to help you bring about the vision you have for your wedding. When any issues came up, Kim was there to help us solve with creative solutions and a can-do attitude. Her expertise is apparent in every way.

Essentially, if you want to start your married life off with as little stress as possible, you'll want to hire a wedding planner, and you'll never regret hiring Kim Yonamine and Exclusive Island Weddings.

Sent on 01/16/2019
    Exclusive Island Weddings 18
    Exclusive Island Weddings 19
    Exclusive Island Weddings 20

Mary Akau · Married on 11/03/2018

Best Decison

You know when you’re young, you dream of a perfect wedding. Well, this dream came true when I married my best friend. It also came true with the help of Exclusive Island Weddings. We worked primarily with Keala. She was diligent, professional, punctual, and very caring. She was always on time to meetings, always listened and addressed any of my concerns. She helped with any decisions I needed help with, giving me pros and cons to specific things/questions I had. She also helped with listing multiple vendors within my price budget, helping me decide on which vendor best suited my needs and vision. I imagined what the day would be like, but I would have never thought it would turn out like what I dreamed about! Everything was perfect from the timeline we went through months and months before, to the flower arrangements, the pedal isle, the decorations, the food, the coordination, to everything you could think of about a wedding. The most important thing I planned for this specific day was for it to be stress free for us and more importantly for our family and friends. I wanted everyone to come and enjoy, have a great time, and not worry about setting up/cleaning up. I’m very glad Exclusive Island Weddings were the ones to carry this burden of stress for us. We thoroughly enjoyed our special evening and would definitely hire them again if we had the chance. Thank you Keala and Kim for making our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Shaynna · Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome!!!!

Kim and Keala were a pleasure to work with. They are intelligent, organized, creative, and honest, which are necessary qualities of a wedding coordinator. From day 1, I felt that we developed a great working rapport. What I appreciated most about EIW is that they didn’t just treat us like clients, but they also took the time to get to know us on a personal level.

We always looked forward to our meetings because we knew that everything was taken care of. By our third meeting, EIW practically had our whole wedding planned, from vendors, timeline, and décor. They are so professional and handle everything with such eloquence and grace, from last minute changes, to issues that occur on the day of, nothing fazes them. They’re always up for the challenge and will do anything and everything to ensure that their clients are taken care of.

What I’ll also always remember is how much love and support they had for us. Exactly a week before our wedding, our dog,Toby, who my husband proposed to me with passed away unexpectedly. We had initially planned for him to be our doggy ring bearer, but unfortunately he didn’t make it to our special day. On the day of our wedding Keala and Kim surprised us with a locket that had Toby’s picture inside on my bouquet and on Ron’s boutonnière. This meant so much to us and we’re so grateful that Toby was still able to be part of our wedding.

Kim and Keala are amazing. We will forever be grateful for everything that they have done to ensure that we enjoyed our wedding day with our family and friends.

Sent on 11/30/2018

Shanelle & Jasper Tapec · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect! The Best!

Without Kim and Kaela, we would have not had the best wedding we could have asked for. All my dreams and visions were brought to me on our very special day, Kim even went the extra mile to add any special touches she could. Our family and friends were just so surprised at the work that was done to a Community Center, we are still receiving compliments at how beautiful everything turned out! From the start of this process until the end, we are thankful to say we enjoyed this whole process being STRESS FREE! I can only wish to relive this day again and I would do it all with Exclusive Island Weddings!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Ann & Wade · Married on 09/22/2018

We can't thank you all enough!! Kim, Keala and the entire Exclusive Island Weddings crew as our wedding planner. We knew from the very start that we did a right decision in hiring them as our wedding planner. We had a very stress free, beautiful, elegant and memorable wedding. Everything wouldn't be possible without them, everything was perfect!!!! Thank you EIW for giving us the best wedding ever. You all went over and beyond our expectation! I will definitely recommend Kim and her Exclusive Island Weddings team.

Sent on 09/24/2018
    Exclusive Island Weddings 21

Chrissy · Married on 09/09/2018

If there was a doctorate degree in wedding planning - Kim and Exclusive Island Wedding staff would achieve this designation. Kim's knowledge, vendor contacts, problem solving, creativeness, patience, diplomacy, and adaptability make her the most qualified event planner I have ever met. Her organizational skills will amaze you. If you want an enjoyable, fun, well orchestrated wedding day, don't hesitate, call Exclusive Island Weddings and have an awesome day!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Katherine · Married on 09/09/2018

If anyone is ever planning a Maui wedding, I would immediately send them straight to Kim! I went through four wedding planners before I found her, and she was like a breath of fresh air! I was working with her for about ten months leading up to our wedding, and each month, she gave me a few simple tasks to complete so everything would be set up for the big day- and she does think of literally EVERYTHING! I took all of her recommendations, and entrusted her with the flowers and decor, and everything flowed as smoothly as could be, and it was BEAUTIFUL! WE LOVE KIM!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Lynne · Married on 08/18/2018

Where do I even begin... Exclusive Island Weddings had given me then BEST wedding experience and without a doubt a game changer for all weddings. Overall I wanted to acknowledge Keala and Kim and their amazing team for making it all happen. From their one-on-one consultations, which I felt were very much a friendly conversation rather than just business, which was comfortaing. Another aspect was how Keala was very responsive and always puts the clients as the first priority. We can all agree that weddings are stressful! Though with the help of EIW I thankfully had things taken cared of which left me carefree before and during my special day. But above all, just a special and amazing thanks to Keala & Kim and the EIW team for the beautiful experince that will forever be memorable to my husband and I.

Sent on 10/02/2018

CLARISSA · Married on 07/28/2018

First off, I’d like to give a HUGE thanks to Keala, Kim and EIW team for helping us plan and execute a gorgeous wedding. We were overwhelmed with compliments from guests during the reception and days after the wedding! Everything from the decor, entertainment, and food came together so amazingly. I enjoyed every minute of the wedding (from getting ready early in the morning to the end of the night)! We seriously wouldn’t have been able to create such a beautiful and fun wedding without these ladies :)

Keala and Kim are super organized - which an organized person and lover of spreadsheets can appreciate. They drafted up a timeline for the wedding day months ahead, which was refined as the big day got closer; and provided spreadsheets to help us keep track of our wedding costs. We really appreciated their honesty and valuable insight on everything from selecting vendors to determining the number of chairs to have at the ceremony. We were very comfortable brainstorming and sharing our ambitious ideas with them. We were one of those couples with a lot of DIY projects...including hanging 3,500+ cranes from the ceiling for our reception (which was never done at our reception venue before us). They were very personable and willing to do their best to make our vision come to life. Once we shared our vision for the wedding, EIW was on top of the stressful wedding planning tasks allowing us more time to focus on our DIY projects. Being able to personalize our wedding with our handmade decor was really important to us and EIW made it possible for us to do so.

Early in the morning of my wedding day, there was a moment (before the ceremony) where I felt pure happiness and complete confidence … like no mishaps of any kind would be able to ruin our wedding day. This moment speaks volumes of the amount of trust and confidence I had in EIW’s ability in tackling any unexpected mishaps while orchestrating an awesome wedding. Hire these ladies!! :)

Sent on 08/08/2018
    Exclusive Island Weddings 22

Krisha · Married on 06/24/2018

Kim and Keala are just so great with what they do. I’m someone who is very indecisive. After I got engage, I tried planning everything on my own with help from my family and friends but then i realize i have a newborn baby, i have to start planning her first birthday, and I’m super indecisive and I already knew that I’m going to need a wedding coordinator. My cousin referred me to her and since our first meeting, I knew I made the best decision! They are very responsive in getting back to you and very easy to work with. Even though in the beginning I was still indecisive on vendors and decorations but she had given me ideas to narrow everything down and was still within our budget. During the planning process, I told them our ideas/vision on how we want our wedding, showing different ideas from my “future wedding” board on Pinterest and they listened to every bit of detail. Within our vision, she even tweaked it out to make it better.

As the days got closer, everyone would ask me, how’s wedding planning going? I’d say, “great!” They would be so shocked asking how I’m not even stressed. Trust that Kim and Keala will make sure we have everything, from us, bridal party, family, guest, everything! They make sure we’re stress free.

The day of the wedding, she called to see how we were doing. Making sure if I had any last minute questions and just to relax because it’s our day, we’ve been planning it for so Long. The moment we pulled up to our ceremony and even entered the reception, everything from my “future wedding” Pinterest board came true!

I can’t thank them enough to making our dream wedding come true. Thank you so much! ❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 08/20/2018
    Exclusive Island Weddings 30
    Exclusive Island Weddings 31
    Exclusive Island Weddings 32

Brittany · Married on 05/19/2018

THE BEST INVESTMENT IN MY WEDDING! Kim and Keala are amazing! We 1st met Kim at a wedding convention, where we won their selfie contest. After meeting with her we knew immediatly that we needed her. She knew just how to translate my wants and needs, as well as my husbands, without going over our budget. It was amazing, the whole time it was like they could read our minds with all the things that we would want but also making sure we didn't forget the things we'd need. Both Kim and Keala kept us completely well informed and responded quickly. They both even managed to somehow keep my "Groomzilla" of a fiance happy and calm through out the whole planning process. They helped us find the best ways to get more bang for our buck, which included help with all the centerpieces and recommending things and ideas we never would have thought of! Our meetings were so much fun and we loved seeing and working with them both, which really made the whole planning portion LESS stressful. I could not imagine that a wedding we planned without Kim and Keala could ever compare to the beautiful magical wedding they gave us. They even had made a beautiful lockett made with my husbad's sister's photo to pin on his chest, which earned a few happy tears. That thoughtfulness just touched my heart and glad that we met them amd were able to work woth them both. I truly believe that Kim, Keala and their team are an INVESTMENT in a wedding! They gave us our dream wedding at a dream price! Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/25/2018
    Exclusive Island Weddings 33

LC · Married on 05/12/2018

Kim and Keala are simply AMAZING and I can't thank them enough for all that they've done for us.

I am one who loves to plan and organize things so I've always wanted to plan my own wedding. I never thought of hiring a wedding planner until one of my friends recommended Kim to me. I gave her a call and just from talking to her on the phone, I already felt like I needed her.

At our first meeting with Kim, my fiance was very impressed and he wanted to hire them right away.. It made me excited that he was excited but I was still hesitant because of the money. My fiance convinced me and I must say, it was the best decision ever! They're definitely worth every penny!

Throughout the whole process, they were very easy to work with and they were very responsive to any questions I had leading up to the big day. They are so good at coordinating and planning your wedding down to the smallest details (things I would have never thought of).

They are amazing at what they do! So if you're looking for a wedding planner, Exclusive Island Weddings is the way to go! You won't regret it!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Shanelle · Married on 05/05/2018

Where do I even begin to list all the great things about Kim, Keala, and the EIW team. Everyone kept telling me planning a wedding is so stressful. Well planning my wedding with Kim wasn't even stressful at all. I had a bunch of ideas off of Pinterest that I wanted for my wedding and Kim made all those dreams possible. Kim is so busy with other weddings she's planning yet if you have a question or anything she is timely with her responses. From setting up all our vendors, decorating our ceremony and reception venue ( she made a community center look like a hotel ball room), and cleaning up everything they do it all!!! And trust me that took away so much stress!! I would recommend EIW to any friend or family member that is getting married. My photographers and videographers kept telling me they have never seen a bride the day of so relaxed and free of stress and my response was well I have Kim to thank for that. Thank you again Kim and the EIW team!!!!! We'll miss our monthly meetings with you guys!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Kainoa · Married on 01/13/2018

I knew my wife had been planning our special day for years on Pinterest. But I knew she wanted a planner and I didn’t want her to stress so we decided to go with Exclusive Island Weddings, and we’re so happy and satisfied we did! They did an awesome job and even wanted my opinions. They got down to the littlest details and made sure my wife’s visions came to life. They were so easy and awesome to work with and also gave us their ideas when we didn’t have any. Our wedding day was more then we could ever imagine and the smile on my wife’s face was all worth it. Kim and her team did an amazing job from wedding to the party! Thank you guys very much!

Sent on 01/23/2018
  • I

Irene · Married on 12/02/2017

We knew choosing the right wedding planner was very important since neither the groom nor I would be able to visit Maui before our actual wedding. Kim, Keala, and the EIW staff did a wonderful job working with us remotely - they planned the venue layout, sent us several options for caterers, hair and makeup artists, photographers, bartenders, MCs, and officiant. We also especially liked how EIW is a local company run by locals. The venue was at a family friend's private home, and their comments were all extremely positive and noted how professional and prepared Kim and her team were during site visits. In addition, we especially liked how transparent EIW was about payment - invoices came directly from vendors and checks were made out directly to them. EIW was not taking any commission off of any bills due. EIW charges one flat rate and that is that. Kim and Keala communicated with us well and were immediately responsive to our questions and comments - there was never a time we felt ignored or "unattended" to (even with the East Coast/Maui time difference). We trusted Kim and Keala's opinions and suggestions and our wedding was a huge success. Everyone had a wonderful time and both the groom and I received so many compliments on the final result; several guests even asked for EIW's contact details. It was the stress-free wedding of our dreams, and EIW was key to making that happen. Thank you!

Sent on 12/12/2017
    Exclusive Island Weddings 34

Shayne · Married on 11/11/2017

Words can't describe how grateful we are to have EIW be part of our wedding planning. We did not hesitate to go with them just because we've already heard so much good reviews from our family and friends who have hired them prior. From day 1 of our first meeting, I've already felt a sigh of relief knowing that our wedding was going to be taken good care of. We appreciated Kim and Keala for their professionalism and at the same time for being very personable. We were very indecisive and we would be making last minute changes and requests up to the day of the wedding, but they were very patient and accommodating to it all. They would always reassure me that everything was taken care of in their part, and that is something you just love to hear as a bride who is a perfectionist. We had so much fun at our reception and that was a big thing for us because we didn't want to be worried or stressed about little things. EIW handled every little problem and fixed it with such professionalism. If you're still on the fence about hiring them, please do not overthink. This is the BEST investment you'll ever make for your wedding.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Dominic · Married on 11/11/2017

Working with Kim and Keala has been an absolute pleasure. As the groom they even asked me my opinions on things I wanted in the wedding. They kept us updated at every turn. Having them as our planners even helped us save a little here and there because of their connections with vendors and storage of party decorations; vases, cake stand, cutter, etc. I could go on and on.
    On our wedding day they made things very smooth taking care of all complications that happened without letting us know about it and their decorating at both the ceremony and reception was incredible. I give them 5-stars and would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding

Sent on 11/13/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/14/2017

We would like to just say how grateful we are to have had Kim, Keala, and all of the Exclusive Island Weddings staff be part of our beautiful wedding. There is definitely a lot of planning when it comes to a wedding and details that you would have never thought of and there is no way that we could have pulled it all off without the help and expertise of EIW. The vision we had for our wedding was put into reality and every detail was executed to perfection. On the day of the wedding Kim and Keala and the EIW staff were able to coordinate everything and we were able to enjoy our wedding day free of any worries. Hiring EIW will surely be the best decision when it comes to planning the wedding of your dreams.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Kim · Married on 09/30/2017

EIW is the ONLY way to go! They made our wedding dreams a reality, everything was perfect! We worked with Kim and Keala for 9 months and I was never stressed! They made me feel relaxed and I knew they had it all under control. They helped with all the vendor decisions and did all of the coordinating. Each one fit us perfectly! Everyone was so great to work with. The day of the wedding was perfect, we got so many compliments from our guests. Everything ran smoothly and the EIW team managed everything so Lundie and I could just relax and enjoy the evening. I contacted other planners who told me my wedding was "impossible" to do under 45k. Um... that's ridiculous! Kim and Keala made it happen and stayed in our budget (way below 45k)! They have the best, most creative ideas. Book these ladies for your Maui wedding, you will NOT regret it.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Lundie · Married on 09/30/2017

Huge thanks to Kim and Keala for planning our wedding! My Wife would have been a MESS if it wasn't for them. They have all of the great vendor hook ups on island and really made our day perfect! They care about the grooms perspective on everything, even though I lost on the gold silverware debate! Their meetings are always fun, and just to say it again, they will make your Fiances into happy, stress free brides, not bridezillas! Totally worth it!!! Thanks ladies

Sent on 11/16/2017

Kylie · Married on 09/09/2017

Our wedding was so amazing! Our families still tell us how beautiful it was. Kim, Keala and the rest of their team did such a fantastic job with everything. At first we weren't going to hire a wedding coordinator and thought we could do this on our own, but after doing research I'm glad we got one especially Kim. She made the process so smooth and easy.
    I told her I wanted to surprise my husband and have him stop by the graveyard to visit his dad before going to the ceremony. At first, it didn't seem like it was going to go through, but she made it happen. To see his reaction on video touched my heart and I'm soooo happy that Kim helped me with this.
    Kim and her team is so professional at what they do. I recommend Kim and her team to make your dream wedding come true. Thank again Kim, Keala and the rest of the Exclusive Island Wedding team. You guys rock!
    -The Paets 09.09.2017

Sent on 09/13/2017

Allyce · Married on 08/31/2017

Wow! I want to say the biggest THANK YOU to Kim and her team! You made mine and Matt's wedding dreams come true and day we will cherish forever! From the beginning to our wedding day was a wonderful experience. Kim and her team paid close attention to all the little special details to make our venue flawless. Kim and Keala were always punctual on any request. I would highly recommend Kim and her team to anyone who is having a wedding on Maui!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Dennis & Julie · Married on 08/05/2017

Words cannot express how grateful we are for Kim and her staff at Exclusive Island Wedding. Kim and her team did a phenomenal job to make our wedding so special. Thank you so much for being such an awesome wedding planner! You helped us stay organized and on time with every step of wedding planning! Thank you for being so responsive to our many questions and for all your advice. You've really helped us ease the stress of wedding planning by keeping us on schedule with the handy timelines. You ladies are the best and thank you for making our wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Vanessa · Married on 07/22/2017

We don’t even know where to begin….Kim, Keala and the rest of the Exclusive Island Weddings crew are just AMAZING! Simply the BEST in the business! We can’t praise them enough! When we got engaged we started planning our wedding by calling vendors, comparing prices, and planning the many things a wedding needs. We had mixed emotions on whether we should hire a wedding coordinator or not until we found out we were expecting our 2nd child 4 months before the wedding date and from that moment we knew we had to get a coordinator. When I initially spoke to Kim I already knew she was awesome at what she does and in no doubt decided to move forward with her. We are so glad we did! Our wedding turned out way more beautiful than we expected! Within our budget and with absolutely NO STRESS! We couldn’t believe it! They were on top of everything and made sure everything ran smoothly throughout the night. Ourselves as well as our family and friends we’re amazed at their work, creativity, and skills. We are extremely thankful for them for making our wedding dreams into reality! We HIGHLY recommend Exclusive Island Weddings to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 10/09/2017