Events by SB Reviews

42 | Valhalla, NY

42 Reviews for Events by SB

42 Events by SB Reviews

Genna · Married on 11/03/2018

My fiancé and I are in the process of planning our wedding and I couldn’t imagine doing this without Events by SB. Nicole is helping us to execute our vision and make this very daunting process far less intimidating and something that we’re actually enjoying! We are a simple couple and Events by SB is helping us stick to our budget by making suggestions of everything from venue to photographer that are within our price range but still absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 12/01/2017

Events by SB's reply:

Genna - it has been such a pleasure working with you!! Thank you for the very kind words!

Matt · Married on 11/03/2018

We are still in the process of planning our wedding but I can't say enough good things about Events by SB. My fiance plans events for a living so I was concerned that planning our wedding would feel like another run of the mill event for her and I was not sure that we were going to find a wedding planner that she would trust. Not only has Events by SB earned both of our trust but they've ensured that this is a fun and special experience that does not feel like work for either of us.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Thank you so much, Matt!

Tiffany · Married on 08/11/2018

Our wedding was absolutely perfect because of the coordination from Events by SB. Nicole and Jesseca are a team that you NEED for your wedding. They respond quickly to emails, they solve any problem, they are so nice and are extremely helpful/knowledgeable. I had two surprises for my husband and without any errors they were both pulled off without him having any idea! Anything is possible with the Events by SB team :-) Can't say enough positive things about our experience with them. I would and have recommended them to every friend, family member, coworker, stranger that is getting married. Thanks Events by SB team for making our dream wedding come true!!

• User4289785 · event on: 04/27/2014

Nicole, from Something Blue Events, helped us organize our 5th Annual Westchester Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk benefiting The Lustgarten Foundation. Nicole is extremely organized and professional. She also is great at reaching out to vendors to get quotes and find the best companies to work with. She displayed dedication and thoroughness to our event. We are so thankful to have worked with Nicole and Something Blue Events. Our event was brought to a new professional level with the guidance and expertise of Nicole. We will definitely work with Nicole and Something Blue Events again for our next event!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Events by SB's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Tara! We so appreciate it and have loved working with you over the years! Looking forward to next year's walk again!
  • User4289785 · Recently married

Nicole at Events by SB is an amazing and dedicated event planner! She has been a great resource throughout the wedding process (and has helped calm me down with all of the wedding stress). She offers a wonderful month by month wedding planning guide and a variety of wedding planning packages-including even a day of wedding planning package if you’re looking to save some money, but still receive professional support and guidance! Nicole has a wealth of knowledge and resources regarding wedding and event planning in and around the Hudson Valley! I highly recommend her and Events by SB!

Sent on 12/02/2017

Events by SB's reply:

Tara - Thank you so much! It's been so great working with you!

Lauren · Married on 06/09/2018

Nicole, Jesseca and Liz were so helpful on our wedding day and the weeks leading up to it. They were frequently in contact with us and on top of every single little detail throughout. Literally nothing went awry on the big day, it was all perfect and so stress-free because of all their hard work! They are all so sweet and really a pleasure to work with. I highly, HIGHLY recommend the Events by SB team, they are THE BEST coordinators and I seriously don't know what I would have done without them! Thanks ladies! xo

Sent on 08/09/2018

Events by SB's reply:

We loved working with you, Lauren and Alex!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review. And happy 2 month anniversary today!!!

Kelly · Married on 01/27/2018

Having Nicole coordinate my daughter’s Christening was the best decision I made. I was able to take my time after the ceremony, taking pictures and enjoying my family, without feeling the need to rush to the party to set up. I got to my party and everything was already handled and looked absolutely perfect! I didn’t have to worry about a thing, and my day was stress free. Thank you Nicole and Events by SB!

Sent on 01/27/2018
    Events by SB 1
    Events by SB 2
    Events by SB 3
    Events by SB 4

Events by SB's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Kelly! I loved working with you and was so happy to help!

Aleetha · Married on 12/31/2017

I am a hair and makeup vendor and had the opportunity to work with Nicole and Jesseca on NYE! Before meeting Nicole in person I could tell that she was all about business and getting the job done effectively. She reached out to me prior to the wedding day and gave me the important details of the wedding. She even made sure that I had all of the necessary equipment (tables, chairs, outlets, lighting) available at the venue so that me and my team could get the job done as soon as we arrived. Relaxed, Happy and Stress Free was our Bride to be. The entire wedding party and family was EXTREMELY HAPPY! Nicole and Jesseca did not miss a beat and was available whenever you needed them. If you are looking for someone with outstanding communication skills, caring, great personality and pays attention to detail, then they come highly recommended. Working with them was a dream! Keep being awesome!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Events by SB's reply:

Aleetha - thank you for the kind words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you on NYE. Thanks so much for your professionalism and great work. Can't wait to work together again in the future!

Katherine · Married on 12/31/2017

Nicole, Jesseca, and their team were some of the BEST wedding coordinators I have worked with. As the owner of a wedding photography studio that does over 75 weddings per year, we often work with a number of coordinators and planners. I can honestly say that Events by SB were the best planners I have ever worked with as a vendor.

Their attention to detail was extraordinary and bridged the perfect balance of highly professional and feeling like you had a friend along for the day. If anything went wrong, our team and the couple didn't know about it until it had been addressed and resolved. They kept everything running so smoothly despite a tight timeline, an early sunset, a couple wardrobe malfunctions, and a venue that had a very tight turnaround time and was running short on staff.

We will be referring them to ALL of our couples because these ladies are just amazing. You won't regret hiring them for your day because they will seriously make your day what you have always envisioned. If you're looking for a planner or day of coordinator to SLAY your day, LOOK NO FURTHER. This is your team.

Sent on 01/04/2018

Events by SB's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Katherine! It was so great working with such a talented, professional, on-point photographer like yourself on NYE. Cheers to 2018, and to working together again soon!

Alexandra · Married on 12/31/2017

My (now) husband and I worked with Events by SB from the very beginning of our wedding planning process and I can honestly say there's absolutely NO WAY we could have done it without Nicole and her team. Neither of us have ever hosted a party larger than 30 people, so to say we were completely clueless when it came to planning a wedding would be putting it nicely. Nicole and her team not only found our DREAM venue, a venue I assure you we would have never found on our own, but also helped us in our vendor search. I believe that on its own is a testament to how great of a company Nicole is running. We met with Nicole at the end of October 2016 and explained to her our vision of a winter wedding that felt cozy and intimate, but could still host 150-200 people and by the end of November we were in the contract signing phase with our perfect venue. From that point forward Nicole and her team regularly followed up with us to make sure we were on schedule with all of our other wedding duties, most of which we had no idea needed to be handled so early on. Once we reached the 1 month mark things really began to kick into full gear and without Nicole and Jesseca we would have been beyond stressed out! The entire time they were there to assure us that everything was under control and to just look forward to all of the celebrating that was to come. We also chose to get married on NYE, you know, right at the end of the holiday season and arguably the busiest party time of the year, which just reinforced what a wonderful decision we had made to enlist Events by SB's services. Day of was probably the most memorable of all for me and what I look back on most fondly when I think of all Nicole and Jesseca did for us. There are going to be things that go wrong that day, its just a fact, and they so effortlessly keep you both blissfully unaware of any hiccups. So THANK YOU Events by SB we are eternally grateful for all you did for us and you'd be crazy not to work with them!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Events by SB's reply:

Ali! It was so wonderful to work with you and Sean. From the moment we met, I knew we'd have a blast working together on your amazing NYE wedding. Thank you so much for the opportunity, and for the very kind words!!

Gina · Married on 11/08/2017

I run my own wedding photography company and I am always thrilled when I get to work weddings with Events by SB! The owner Nicole pays close attention to detail and is incredibly professional and can handle any situation thrown at her with ease. I can honestly say I’ve never seen any other wedding planner work smoother not to mention the over all turn out is always beautiful, you won’t be disappointed if you pick SB events!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Events by SB's reply:

Thank you so much, Gina!! I always love working with you and Keep It Captured Photography as well!!

sally · Married on 10/07/2017

My daughter's wedding was fast approaching and we had done all of the planning ourselves, but we were starting to feel overwhelmed with many of the "day of details" starting to stack up.
    We hired Events by SB for their "day of" services. We were able to relax the minute we spoke with them and put the details in their very organized, capable and professional hands. They made our event even better than we dreamed by taking over and insuring that everything was done ( florist set up, picture timing, rehearsal, cocktail hour, introductions, speeches....and everything else to insuring the top layer of the wedding cake was in the bridal suite to end the evening).
    I cannot find enough words to express how fabulous these ladies are....they are top notch, fun, friendly and wildly efficient and on top of every detail.
    I want to figure out how to keep them in my life, they are AMAZING.......
    YOUR special day will exceed your dreams having EVENTS by SB in charge of your details.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
    PERFECTION.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Events by SB's reply:

Sally, thank you SO MUCH for the very kind words! We so loved working with you and Jillian - and enjoyed every minute coordinating that fantastic celebration that you planned! Congrats again! <3

Jillian · Married on 10/07/2017

Nicole and her team are the most wonderful people I have ever worked with! They are on point with every single detail, and extremely professional. Nicole and her team are a huge part of the reason my wedding day was flawless and stress free. They are absolutely the sweetest people, and I genuinely enjoyed having them around and working with them leading up to the event. They worked with all of my vendors and made sure that everything was perfectly in place ahead of the wedding, and they stayed through the end of the night on the wedding day to make sure no details were missed! I love them and wish I could work with them again because they are that incredible! I highly recommend their services to anyone in need!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Events by SB's reply:

Jillian - it was such a pleasure working with you and your mom to coordinate your perfectly-planned, amazingly fun wedding! Congrats again, and thank you so much for the opportunity to work together!

Cory Ann · Married on 09/16/2017

Nicole & Jesseca were an after-thought for my daughter's wedding. It was not until several weeks before the wedding day that we had the stark realization that we just might need a wedding coordinator! We had a solid team of experienced professionals, caterer, florist, musicians, & photographer, but it was becoming increasingly clearer that a team leader was needed and neither my daughter, my husband nor I wanted that role! A careful search on the internet led us to Events by SB; and a stroke of good luck that they had just gotten a cancellation on the very day we needed them.
    In very short notice, Nicole and Jesseca asked the right questions and listened carefully to our vision and our wishes. They offered key suggestions for a seamless experience, facilitated a detailed timeline (down to the minute) that worked, and had all our vendors on board, secure with knowing there was lead "go-to" person that could easily be found. As promised, Nicole and Jesseca were always there but never visible. Without a doubt, and we are a family that has thrown a few parties in our day, without them the experience, and most importantly, the memory would not have been as sweet as it is. Thank you! ~cab
    Ps. I am eternally grateful for helping us home with all the stuff we could not fit into our own car! Thank you!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Events by SB's reply:

Thank you for the very kind words, Cory! It was such a great experience working with you! Thank you for the opportunity!

Sheidy · Married on 03/18/2017

On March 18th, 2017 my wedding went absolutely perfect thanks to Events by SB! With all the craziness leading up to the event, Nicole made our lives so much easier with her responsiveness, creativity and ability to help us get exactly what we wanted from our special day! Her organization was the saving grace to our normally extremely scattered brains. I would recommend her to anyone else who wants an unforgettable experience.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Thank you so much, Sheidy! <3

Fantastic event planner. Very informative and allowed me to be as involved as I wanted throughout the process. My family got to maximize their enjoyment of the day, which I can't thank you enough for.

G · Married on 10/09/2016

I was a guest at my cousin's wedding this October. It was a beautiful affair with details that were both well-appointed and personal to my cousin and the groom. While it's never easy to have an event occur flawlessly as this one seemed to, it's even more difficult to make sure that with couple really enjoys themselves by taking their hands off the reins and just having fun with one another and their guests. Ultimately, it is love to celebrate and not details to sweat. NIcole's team clearly inspired confidence to enable this to happen. It was a joy to be part of. Thank you for a truly memorable experience!

Melissa · Married on 07/23/2016

I had the privilege of playing at an event planned by Something Blue Events. They did such an amazing job with personalizing the wedding, giving the entire event a unique touch, and executing a 5 star event. As a wedding band that has been around for 30 year, we work with MANY planners. Something Blue is top notch! Look no further for your wedding planning needs!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Events by SB's reply:

Melissa, it was such a pleasure working with you. You and the rest of the East Coast Band were incredibly amazing and put on a great party! Would love to work with you again!!

Daria · Married on 07/23/2016

Amazing! If you are in the market for an event planning service, look no further. Something Blue planned my wedding in July and I couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out! No matter what I wanted to customize with the venue or which family tradition I wanted to include but wasn't sure how, Nicole at Something Blue was with me for every step. She provided options and advice that I would have been lost without. My husband and I could not have pulled off a 300+ person wedding without her!

Norah · Married on 07/14/2016

Nicole and John are a dream to work with, communication and organization are A+ with these guys and I love working with them and creating a great experience for brides and their nuptials.

Sent on 04/21/2015

Events by SB's reply:

Thank you, Norah! We love working with you as well! Your professionalism and beautiful work is amazing!

Jeremy · Married on 10/24/2015

John and Nichole performed day-of services for our wedding and were amazing in all regards. They took our plan for the day and executed it with ease; handling logistics and aesthetics.

Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Events by SB's reply:

Thank you so much, Jeremy (and Emily)! It was wonderful working with you two and we were delighted to have the opportunity to play a role in your special day! Congratulations and best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!! XO

Andrew · Married on 09/26/2015

John and Nicole made our wedding day smooth and painless, handling all of our vendors timely and professionally. John's design and decor was on a budget, but out of this world. We could not have asked for more - it was so beautiful.

They really allowed us to focus on ourselves and truly made the day more enjoyable!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Events by SB's reply:

Thank you so much, Andrew! We loved working with you and Aisha to help create and execute your perfect wedding day. Congratulations! XO

Vivien · Married on 07/16/2015

We just don't know where to begin! Nicole and John took us on as an "international wedding", as we live in London, England, and needed to find a venue in New Jersey so that my elderly parents could join us on the day and help us plan a wedding 3000 miles away with a 5 hour time difference. From the first exploratory email we knew we were in very safe hands. No question was too small, too large or too weird! Nicole and John are true professionals and incredible human beings! Nicole often seemed to answer emails before we had hit send! They both have such a fantastic intuitive approach to wedding planning and embraced everything we threw at them. Nicole and John gave us great advice, listened well to everything we wanted, did some unbelievable negotiation on our behalf and literally turned our special day into something beyond our wildest dreams! Nicole and John worked so hard but always with great joy. Now that our day is over we miss them!! That's how special they have become to us over the past 10 months.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Events by SB's reply:

Vivien and Andy - we already miss working with you SO MUCH! Thank you for such a wonderful review! Your wedding was such a fun event to work on, and we truly loved every moment of it. THANK YOU for being such amazing clients. We hope to visit you, or have you visit us soon!! XOXO

Nicole at Something Blue is amazing! She made our dream to shoot our engagement pictures at Madison Square Garden a reality. Not only did she set everything up but she was on site with us the day of the event making sure everything ran smoothly. Nicole was by my side the entire time making sure I was happy with with everything going on and she even had awesome input for picture ideas. I felt like such a princess! The day was great! It was all thanks to Nicole!

Sent on 03/27/2014

Events by SB's reply:

Thank you, Krystel! We had so much fun working with you, especially in such a cool venue like Madison Square Garden. Thanks for the opportunity to work on such a fun event!