44 Reviews for Events by Missy & Co

Event Design (1)
Guest List (1)
Partial Planning (1)
43 Events by Missy & Co Reviews

Missy was responsive and guided us through the details such as tipping and etiquette. She kept us on track making sure we didn't miss any important dates.

Profile Picture Donna, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Melissa was a pleasure to work with. She was calm and efficient, two qualities every bride needs.

Profile Picture Kristina, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

When my daughter and I began to plan her wedding, I wasn’t sure we’d need a day of coordinator. I am so glad we did!!! Hiring Melissa was the best decision we made. Melissa was truly a gem from start to finish! She was organized, quick to respond to my questions, so professional and kept everyone calm. I can go on and on. With Melissa there, I was able to relax and enjoy my daughter’s special day. Thank you Melissa for doing such an awesome job and being a pleasure to work with! I would highly recommend your services to anyone without hesitation!

Profile Picture donna, 3/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you want a care-free, no worries type of wedding day Melissa and her team are the ones to hire! Before I even get into the perfect day let me tell you Melissa was available at all times even to answer the silliest of questions. She assisted me with vendor referrals, writing my ceremony, making the timeline, and just overall helping me keep calm through the whole process! She sent me updated "to-do" lists to ensure that I was on schedule and completing things in a timely manner for the wedding. As for the rehearsal and day of everything was perfect. She conducted the rehearsal and made sure everyone knew exactly where & what time they were needed. When our big day began she checked in with me to see if there was anything I needed and made sure everything flowed seamlessly. She kept not only myself but my vendors and bridal party right on schedule and we started right on time!! I was never bothered with questions from anyone… I cannot reiterate it any more other than it was PERFECT and I was completely WORRY FREE. Thank you again for making my dream wedding my reality and being such a special part of my "happily ever after". Team Melissa!!!

Profile Picture Shantel, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I used Missy as my wedding day coordinator and she was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. She had great suggestions for the wedding planning process and provided a very detailed schedule for the day of wedding. She even had backup readings for mass just in case the readers forget theirs, she thought of everything! I also had a long list of day of tasks, and kept adding to it, for her and Dominique (she was great too!) and even changed up transportation a few days before the wedding and she was able to execute and accommodate it all! During my wedding day, Missy always made sure I was comfortable and calm and kept checking in on me, she helped make my wedding day an amazing day I will never forget!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Melissa was everything that I didn't know that I needed! I had a small budget and planned everything myself and felt like I had done a great job. I then realized that even though I saved a ton by doing things myself that also meant I'd have to set up and execute myself which would have added a lot of work and stress to my wedding day. I didn't want to ask my bridesmaids or family members to work our wedding, they had already done so much. Enter Melissa!! We met and I filled her in on what I needed and she jumped right in and handled everything that I asked her to do and more. From our first meeting I knew I was in good hands and stopped stressing. She thought of things that I hadn't and I'm so glad that I found her! Trust me, even the most organized, DIY, Pinterest bride needs all hands on deck the day of the wedding. I enjoyed having mimosas and giggling with my best friends at the salon a lot more than I would have enjoyed putting out favors and lighting candles. Melissa organized our guest transportation, vendor set ups were flawless, she even made sure the DJ played the right songs at the right times ( we did an elaborate first dance!) Thanks to Melissa and her girls our wedding day was great, we couldn’t have asked for a better planner!

Profile Picture Daniella, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Missy was simply spectacular! we knew we wanted to use her immediately when we met - her sense of style is impeccable, and she has a wonderful, relaxed and excited attitude. She seemed genuinely excited to work with me and make my day perfect. We had our wedding at my friends estate in CT, so we needed a lot of help. Missy was organized, efficient, transparent, and made sure everything from the grass looked perfect - she did not overlook a single detail…and her team was great, they were on point with every detail and then some!

Missy helped us with month of coordination for a wedding of 250 people, and 17 vendors. She organized everything on the day of my wedding, and made sure everything went off without an issue. She created a day of plan, and had her assistants at all 3 of our wedding sides (house, hotels, church). When I got to the estate I was completely breathless - while we had worked together on the plan, I could not believe how stunning everything looked. From organizing a seating map, a full layout of the property, creating outdoor seating areas, the table card display - everything blended together to create the absolute perfect day that I'd hoped for! I would absolutely hire Missy again; she planned the PERFECT party.

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Melissa Fife planned our wedding and we were in good hands.

From keeping us on task to coming up with original ideas, Melissa was fully invested and even schlepped supplies up to the final hours. Nothing shook her as parameters changed, budgets adjusted and venues threw us an occasional curveball. She works within your budget and personal tastes.

Melissa worked hard to make the day about us and keep the stamp of our personalities on the event. All of our ideas were considered for practicality and budget. She recommended the right talent and services to make it all happen and fought to keep us on schedule.

When the day was over Karen and I wished we had another significant event to hire Melissa again.

I wholeheartedly recommend her and couldn't be happier with her services.

Profile Picture Kenneth, 10/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Melissa was there to take our vision to the next level. She worked hard to find the best value vendors and to ensure that our theme was carried out tastefully. She took control of the wedding day and my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy our day. Melissa and staff were professional and easy to work with. So glad they were part of the our wedding day.

Profile Picture Glynis , 10/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Missy as excellent. She and her assistant-Dominique-were flexible, organized, and super on top of things. I was initially a bit skeptical of the need for a Day of Coordinator (which is the service that she provided, rather than Wedding Planning) but it was WELL worth every penny. Missy made the day run seamlessly and went above and beyond doing things like running out for extra alcohol and holding the gowns ahead of the date. Highly recommend her services.

Profile Picture Alita, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I always knew whenever I got married I’d hire a wedding planner. Being a corporate meeting planner I needed someone organized, creative, humorous and straightforward to help me in my planning for my special day. When I met Melissa approximately 18 months before my wedding; almost immediately into conversation I knew we’d worked together well. During this journey together I received great information including, vendor recommendations, to what details not to obsess over, the best places to maximize my funds, what DIY projects to avoid and everything in between. Melissa kept me on track and it was a great comfort knowing that advice, support was just an e-mail away. Her response time to my questions and concerns during the process was excellent. The day of the wedding she was able to accommodate my last minute request, handled all the vendors and schedule adjustments smoothly. There was a point during our table greeting sessions where she came over to my husband and me and told us to go on the dance floor and “enjoy our party”. It was a much needed break and helped us to further enjoy the moment. I was able to be a guest at my own wedding, as her company motto states. I’d definitely recommend Events by Missy & Co.

Profile Picture Tushawnda, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious

I used Events by Missy & Co. for my October 2014 wedding. I did not start my wedding planning process thinking we would use a planner, but our schedules became pretty hectic as the wedding date got closer--with our jobs, moving into a new apt., and all the details associated with our big day--and we realized that it was a worthwhile decision to bring a planner on board to help keep everything in order and ensure that all went smoothly and according to plan, especially after all the time, money, and effort we already put into the planning process. We booked Melissa for her partial planning package about 7 months out from our wedding date and are so happy we did. She kept us on track and was very prompt in answering all our questions throughout the process regarding everything from timing, details, etiquette, etc. She created our day-of timeline, confirmed timing/arrivals with all our vendors, and made sure that on our wedding day everything went smoothly. The week of the wedding she lightened my load by taking care of chores like dropping our gift bags off at the hotel for me. The morning of the wedding, people kept commenting on how relaxed and calm I was (which is not usually the case!), and I knew it was because everything was taken care of and I was confident that if any mishaps did happen, Melissa and her wonderful assistant Dominique would step in to take care of it. For example, while we were taking family pictures outside, my mother's heels kept sinking into the grass... she mentioned it to Dominique, and within seconds she was provided with heel protectors to prevent her from sinking into the ground. When I got some mud on the train of my dress, Melissa was right there with a shout wipe to get it out. I thought I had a good emergency kit... but it paled in comparison to theirs! It sounds cliche, but our wedding was truly the best day we've ever had, and we are so grateful for all that Melissa and Dominique did to make it that way!

Profile Picture Jessica , 10/19/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Melissa provided day-of coordination services for our wedding on August 2, 2014. In the months leading up to our wedding, our reception venue underwent multiple changes in management, leaving my husband and I feeling extremely anxious about the execution of our wedding day festivities. We are very thankful to have found Melissa Fife as our coordinator, as she is exactly the type of person you want overseeing one of the most important days of your life: highly organized, professional, and assertive when needed. Melissa and her assistant allowed my husband and me to truly enjoy our wedding day; rather than worrying about timing, Melissa and her team took care of the day’s execution, only consulting us when needed throughout the night. I would highly recommend her to other couples!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/2/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We couldn't have picked a better wedding planner! I had a short 6 months to plan my wedding and was a little nervous but with Melissa's help we got it done! Melissa is super sweet and professional. She always was very helpful and always had great recommendations and ideas. Always to back to me quickly and always did the things I requested right away! She kept me on tract. I doubted getting a full time wedding planner at first but I am 100% sure I made the right decision. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Destiny, 7/19/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Outstanding service from beginning to end!

Profile Picture Yardley, 7/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Melissa is extremely helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process. She eased any anxieties I could have had the day of and our wedding was truly the best day ever! I would highly recommend using Melissa for your future events!

Profile Picture Cara, 7/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Melissa was, for lack of a better word, AMAZING! I did a lot of the planning myself and I needs her for the day of to insure things were done properly and for my peace of mind. She went above and beyond! She was professional, responsive, proactive, attentive, and she knew her stuff! I would recommend her to any bride who needs someone to plan with from the beginning or even for just the day of, she can do it all!!!

Profile Picture User3769655, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Melissa was a joy and very easy to work with. Her skilled hands in event planning and coordinating with vendors is something we could not have done ourselves. Our ceremony/reception is unique in that it was done in a garden setting at a private estate so all services from catering, event rentals, tent/floors, live entertainment, officiant and decors had to be tackled separately. And it all paid off and came together at the end! The day of the wedding, she and her girls made sure the place was prepped beautifully and that me and my partner do not have to worry a thing and just had to take care of our guests. There was even one time where we almost changed our venue due to an unforeseen circumstance a couple of weeks before the wedding and Melissa came through by being able to secure an alternate venue as plan B. Even though we stuck with the original venue, her experience and tried and true contacts, turned us from groom-zillas to putting our minds at ease.

Profile Picture Sonny, 8/24/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Melissa and her assistant, Dominique, were great! We had hired Melissa to be our day-of coordinator. Melissa was there early in the day when we were getting ready and made sure everything went smoothly. Her assistant, Dominique, did a great job ensuring that all our guests got on the bus that we had chartered to shuttle our guests to the wedding venue. Melissa dealt with our vendors the day of the wedding so we wouldn't have to worry about details relating to our vendors, and she had an emergency kit (complete with handkerchiefs and scissors) that proved to be invaluable on the wedding day. We were hesitant to hire a day-of coordinator because we wanted to save money, but Melissa did a great job and didn't cost a huge fortune like some other planners we had interviewed.

Profile Picture User2565681, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I don't know what I would have done without Missy & Co on our special day. From the moment we signed on with her she became an invaluable part of our organizing, following up with vendors and reminding me of all the little things that can so easily slip your mind. When I almost forgot about arranging pickup for my groom's cake she was right there to fill in .She was there to calm me down when things got crazy and make sure that everyone and everything was where it needed to be. Her pricing is beyond reasonable and she was worth every dime! I don't know what I would have done without her.

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/11/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband & I were skeptical of using a wedding planner at first. I asked, "why spend money on a wedding planner when we could put that money toward the wedding?" However, I soon realized that the money we saved far exceeded the fee for Melissa and her amazing staff. We used Events by Missy for their full-event planning services and there was nothing Melissa couldn't do!!! The vendors she referred us to were not only amazing but within our budget. Her knowledge of everything from ettiquette to color coordination to seating was far beyond what I expected. We hired Melissa about a year before the wedding and she kept us on task the whole time. Her perspective on our wedding vision was parelle to mine and her recomendartions only made our wedding even better.
I suggest using Melissa and Events by Missy for your wedding planning, she is an investment in your sanity...trust me!

Profile Picture lauren, 1/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I was the winner of Events by Missy’s contest last year for free DAY-OF wedding planning services. At first I didn't think I was going to get free services, but I was ecstatic when I received Melissa’s email setting up our consultation. She was kind and friendly and I was excited to be working with her on my wedding. I am not organized or focused at all, but Melissa took care of all of the details perfectly. From her suggested vendors to decor ideas, everything was exactly how I wanted them. Myself and Tony couldn’t have asked for anything more on the wedding day either. Melissa worked from early in the day to late into the evening making sure all of the details were just right. I recommend Melissa’s services to anyone who needs help planning their big day but has no idea on how to get it done!

Profile Picture stephanie, 8/11/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I would've been a complete mess if it wasn't for Melissa! She was the ideal planner I was looking for. I have to admit, I was not only a little apprehensive to hire a coordinator but finding one I didn't know personally was a huge challenge. I said to myself, "Why would I get one when I can do everything myself?" Man, was I wrong. On top of a crazy work and school schedule and half of my day dedicated to a long commute, I started to panic. People I thought I could trust including family who felt very comfortable with inviting whomever, forgot to consider the work and time dedicated to planning a wedding. After months of research, Melissa was on my top 5 list. Based on her references, her brides spoke highly of her work, professionalism and her prompt response which ultimately solidified my decision. She was very personable and it made the wedding planning that much easier. She thought of everything and was always 10 steps ahead of me. Now that's the sign of a GREAT coordinator. After we came back from our honeymoon, many of my guests raved about the wedding. Pick Melissa..you won't be disappointed! She not only knows weddings, guests, gifts, dresses, decor, vendors, food...but she loves wedding cake =) a girl after my own heart!

Profile Picture Marilyn, 6/16/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My partner and I hired Melissa right off the bat after meeting her, all of the details she explained were in her full wedding package were just what we needed help with. We hit it off right away and we made a very good team. We purchased her full package so she was there every step of the way. Melissa was always available to answer all of our questions and concerns, even our silly ones. She put both of us at ease and made sure that we knew everything that was going on between her and our vendors. She helped negotiate with our vendors so that not only did we maintain our budget, but Melissa and her team actually paid for herself by getting us a venue that usually quotes others half the price of what we got it for, due to her working relationship with them!!! We couldn't have been more happy.

At the wedding, everyone of our guests were amazed at how smoothly the night progressed and how lovely everything was. I also had couples ask me for Melissa’s number so that they can use her services when their time comes. Also much props to her day-of assistant Dominique, she was so amazing! We love Melissa and not only did she plan our wedding, she has become our friend.

Profile Picture megan, 5/19/12, 2 Reviews