Events by Missy & Co Reviews

44 | West Harrison, NY

44 Reviews for Events by Missy & Co

44 Events by Missy & Co Reviews

Jacqueline · event on: 11/16/2017

We hired Events by Missy & Co to oversee the event day coordination for my company's 10 year anniversary. All aspects of the event were covered completely and with detail. We were able to enjoy everything from getting ready to being able to mingle and celebrate with our guests. I truly that you for a job well done and for your support.

Donna · Married on 07/08/2017

Missy was responsive and guided us through the details such as tipping and etiquette. She kept us on track making sure we didn't miss any important dates.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thanks so much Donna...loved working with another fab MOB!!!

Cara · Married on 06/03/2017

Melissa Fife was worth every penny I paid for a "Day Of Coordinator." I did most of the wedding planning myself and was on the fence about hiring somebody for the "day of." Once shuttle service was involved back and forth to a hotel, I decided to bite the bullet and hire somebody to help out. She was a gem: punctual, organized, experienced, knowledgeable, accessable and attentive. Extremely easy to work with! She was a very calming influence on a day when a mother of the bride is pulled in many directions. Though our venue was phenomenal and extremely well run, Melissa helped us rehearse several times and tied together any loose ends. I am sure she would make an excellent full service planner for those who need one, as well. We have no hesitation in recommending her!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thank you so much for the stellar review Robin ...both your family and Jason's families were a true joy to work with and I'm so happy that you were pleased!!! I wish Karen and Jason all the best ❤️

Kristina · Married on 05/20/2017

Melissa was a pleasure to work with. She was calm and efficient, two qualities every bride needs.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thanks so much for the review Kris...short and sweet just way I like it!!! I hope you and Tom have an amazing honeymoon and an even better life together... I can't wait to see the photos !!!

donna · Married on 03/26/2017

When my daughter and I began to plan her wedding, I wasn’t sure we’d need a day of coordinator. I am so glad we did!!! Hiring Melissa was the best decision we made. Melissa was truly a gem from start to finish! She was organized, quick to respond to my questions, so professional and kept everyone calm. I can go on and on. With Melissa there, I was able to relax and enjoy my daughter’s special day. Thank you Melissa for doing such an awesome job and being a pleasure to work with! I would highly recommend your services to anyone without hesitation!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thank you so much for the rave review Donna...it was a true joy to work with your families during this planning process!! All the best of luck to Kris and Tom ❤️ I wish them all the wedded bliss in the world and I can't wait to see the wedding photos !!!

Shantel · Married on 10/08/2016

If you want a care-free, no worries type of wedding day Melissa and her team are the ones to hire! Before I even get into the perfect day let me tell you Melissa was available at all times even to answer the silliest of questions. She assisted me with vendor referrals, writing my ceremony, making the timeline, and just overall helping me keep calm through the whole process! She sent me updated "to-do" lists to ensure that I was on schedule and completing things in a timely manner for the wedding. As for the rehearsal and day of everything was perfect. She conducted the rehearsal and made sure everyone knew exactly where & what time they were needed. When our big day began she checked in with me to see if there was anything I needed and made sure everything flowed seamlessly. She kept not only myself but my vendors and bridal party right on schedule and we started right on time!! I was never bothered with questions from anyone… I cannot reiterate it any more other than it was PERFECT and I was completely WORRY FREE. Thank you again for making my dream wedding my reality and being such a special part of my "happily ever after". Team Melissa!!!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thank you so much for the rave review Shantel...it was a pleasure to assist you and Danny with your special day! You and your families were as pleasure to work for and I wish you both the happiest of marriages #teamBrideforever !!

Brittany · Married on 09/22/2016

I used Missy as my wedding day coordinator and she was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. She had great suggestions for the wedding planning process and provided a very detailed schedule for the day of wedding. She even had backup readings for mass just in case the readers forget theirs, she thought of everything! I also had a long list of day of tasks, and kept adding to it, for her and Dominique (she was great too!) and even changed up transportation a few days before the wedding and she was able to execute and accommodate it all! During my wedding day, Missy always made sure I was comfortable and calm and kept checking in on me, she helped make my wedding day an amazing day I will never forget!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Brittany - you and Danny were a treat to work for and I'm very thankful to have met you both...your families are truly awesome and I wish you both the most happiness and love a couple can share!

Daniella · Married on 07/09/2016

Melissa was everything that I didn't know that I needed! I had a small budget and planned everything myself and felt like I had done a great job. I then realized that even though I saved a ton by doing things myself that also meant I'd have to set up and execute myself which would have added a lot of work and stress to my wedding day. I didn't want to ask my bridesmaids or family members to work our wedding, they had already done so much. Enter Melissa!! We met and I filled her in on what I needed and she jumped right in and handled everything that I asked her to do and more. From our first meeting I knew I was in good hands and stopped stressing. She thought of things that I hadn't and I'm so glad that I found her! Trust me, even the most organized, DIY, Pinterest bride needs all hands on deck the day of the wedding. I enjoyed having mimosas and giggling with my best friends at the salon a lot more than I would have enjoyed putting out favors and lighting candles. Melissa organized our guest transportation, vendor set ups were flawless, she even made sure the DJ played the right songs at the right times ( we did an elaborate first dance!) Thanks to Melissa and her girls our wedding day was great, we couldn’t have asked for a better planner!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Danielle...I simply loved all of your attention to detail with your DIY wedding and although we only worked together for a short few months I am happy for the lasting friendship we have created! I wish you and Brad the best of everything life has to offer! Smooches =)

Nicole · Married on 06/11/2016

Missy was simply spectacular! we knew we wanted to use her immediately when we met - her sense of style is impeccable, and she has a wonderful, relaxed and excited attitude. She seemed genuinely excited to work with me and make my day perfect. We had our wedding at my friends estate in CT, so we needed a lot of help. Missy was organized, efficient, transparent, and made sure everything from the grass looked perfect - she did not overlook a single detail…and her team was great, they were on point with every detail and then some!

Missy helped us with month of coordination for a wedding of 250 people, and 17 vendors. She organized everything on the day of my wedding, and made sure everything went off without an issue. She created a day of plan, and had her assistants at all 3 of our wedding sides (house, hotels, church). When I got to the estate I was completely breathless - while we had worked together on the plan, I could not believe how stunning everything looked. From organizing a seating map, a full layout of the property, creating outdoor seating areas, the table card display - everything blended together to create the absolute perfect day that I'd hoped for! I would absolutely hire Missy again; she planned the PERFECT party.

Kenneth · Married on 10/11/2015

Melissa Fife planned our wedding and we were in good hands.

From keeping us on task to coming up with original ideas, Melissa was fully invested and even schlepped supplies up to the final hours. Nothing shook her as parameters changed, budgets adjusted and venues threw us an occasional curveball. She works within your budget and personal tastes.

Melissa worked hard to make the day about us and keep the stamp of our personalities on the event. All of our ideas were considered for practicality and budget. She recommended the right talent and services to make it all happen and fought to keep us on schedule.

When the day was over Karen and I wished we had another significant event to hire Melissa again.

I wholeheartedly recommend her and couldn't be happier with her services.

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thank you so much for the rave review Ken...It was a pleasure working with you and Karen...the 6 months we worked together flew by but we were able to pull it all together...it was our pleasure to be able to assist you guys...you are both awesome!!! Best wishes to you (and the cats ) on a blissful marriage!

Glynis · Married on 10/09/2015

Melissa was there to take our vision to the next level. She worked hard to find the best value vendors and to ensure that our theme was carried out tastefully. She took control of the wedding day and my husband and I were able to relax and enjoy our day. Melissa and staff were professional and easy to work with. So glad they were part of the our wedding day.

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thank you so much Glynis - you are John were a great couple to work with and the wedding was a blast...I am so glad to have met you both and wish you health, wealth and happiness on your marriage!

Alita · Married on 09/19/2015

Missy as excellent. She and her assistant-Dominique-were flexible, organized, and super on top of things. I was initially a bit skeptical of the need for a Day of Coordinator (which is the service that she provided, rather than Wedding Planning) but it was WELL worth every penny. Missy made the day run seamlessly and went above and beyond doing things like running out for extra alcohol and holding the gowns ahead of the date. Highly recommend her services.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review Alita!! we had a great time working for you (Dominique thought you were one of our cutest brides ever!) best of luck to you and Evan on the adventure you're about to begin together ❤️

Tushawnda · Married on 09/19/2015

I always knew whenever I got married I’d hire a wedding planner. Being a corporate meeting planner I needed someone organized, creative, humorous and straightforward to help me in my planning for my special day. When I met Melissa approximately 18 months before my wedding; almost immediately into conversation I knew we’d worked together well. During this journey together I received great information including, vendor recommendations, to what details not to obsess over, the best places to maximize my funds, what DIY projects to avoid and everything in between. Melissa kept me on track and it was a great comfort knowing that advice, support was just an e-mail away. Her response time to my questions and concerns during the process was excellent. The day of the wedding she was able to accommodate my last minute request, handled all the vendors and schedule adjustments smoothly. There was a point during our table greeting sessions where she came over to my husband and me and told us to go on the dance floor and “enjoy our party”. It was a much needed break and helped us to further enjoy the moment. I was able to be a guest at my own wedding, as her company motto states. I’d definitely recommend Events by Missy & Co.

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thank you so much Tushwnda ~ you and James were a pleasure to work with; the laughs over the planning process kept me going when you went off the rails with your big ideas :) "reel it in" ... but in the end the wedding came out beautifully, guests loved your little touches and the arch you envisioned for the ceremony was amazing. Continued blessings for you and James as you begin your newest adventure together as man and wife!

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2014

I used Events by Missy & Co. for my October 2014 wedding. I did not start my wedding planning process thinking we would use a planner, but our schedules became pretty hectic as the wedding date got closer--with our jobs, moving into a new apt., and all the details associated with our big day--and we realized that it was a worthwhile decision to bring a planner on board to help keep everything in order and ensure that all went smoothly and according to plan, especially after all the time, money, and effort we already put into the planning process. We booked Melissa for her partial planning package about 7 months out from our wedding date and are so happy we did. She kept us on track and was very prompt in answering all our questions throughout the process regarding everything from timing, details, etiquette, etc. She created our day-of timeline, confirmed timing/arrivals with all our vendors, and made sure that on our wedding day everything went smoothly. The week of the wedding she lightened my load by taking care of chores like dropping our gift bags off at the hotel for me. The morning of the wedding, people kept commenting on how relaxed and calm I was (which is not usually the case!), and I knew it was because everything was taken care of and I was confident that if any mishaps did happen, Melissa and her wonderful assistant Dominique would step in to take care of it. For example, while we were taking family pictures outside, my mother's heels kept sinking into the grass... she mentioned it to Dominique, and within seconds she was provided with heel protectors to prevent her from sinking into the ground. When I got some mud on the train of my dress, Melissa was right there with a shout wipe to get it out. I thought I had a good emergency kit... but it paled in comparison to theirs! It sounds cliche, but our wedding was truly the best day we've ever had, and we are so grateful for all that Melissa and Dominique did to make it that way!

Sent on 12/26/2014

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review Jessica...I loved working with you and Daniel; you and your families were awesome and the ringbearers were the icing on that wedding cake! Best wishes to you and Dan on an amazing, fun filled and lovely life together ❤️

Katie · Married on 08/02/2014

Melissa provided day-of coordination services for our wedding on August 2, 2014. In the months leading up to our wedding, our reception venue underwent multiple changes in management, leaving my husband and I feeling extremely anxious about the execution of our wedding day festivities. We are very thankful to have found Melissa Fife as our coordinator, as she is exactly the type of person you want overseeing one of the most important days of your life: highly organized, professional, and assertive when needed. Melissa and her assistant allowed my husband and me to truly enjoy our wedding day; rather than worrying about timing, Melissa and her team took care of the day’s execution, only consulting us when needed throughout the night. I would highly recommend her to other couples!

Sent on 08/30/2014

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thanks so much Katie <3 you and Sam were so simple to work with from the start and I am thankful we had the opportunity to work together! Your wedding was amazing, your families are the sweetest and best of luck to you and Sam on this journey you are about to begin together!

Destiny · Married on 07/19/2014

We couldn't have picked a better wedding planner! I had a short 6 months to plan my wedding and was a little nervous but with Melissa's help we got it done! Melissa is super sweet and professional. She always was very helpful and always had great recommendations and ideas. Always to back to me quickly and always did the things I requested right away! She kept me on tract. I doubted getting a full time wedding planner at first but I am 100% sure I made the right decision. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thanks so much for the great review Destiny.... Together we made a great planning team! Best wishes on a happy and loving marriage to you and Andrew ❤️
  • Y

Yardley · Married on 07/12/2014

Outstanding service from beginning to end!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Both you and Mirceau were the best couple...thanks for the rave review ❤️ Best wishes

Cara · Married on 07/04/2014

Melissa is extremely helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process. She eased any anxieties I could have had the day of and our wedding was truly the best day ever! I would highly recommend using Melissa for your future events!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thanks so much Cara...best wishes to you and Alex on your next journey together!!!

Melissa was, for lack of a better word, AMAZING! I did a lot of the planning myself and I needs her for the day of to insure things were done properly and for my peace of mind. She went above and beyond! She was professional, responsive, proactive, attentive, and she knew her stuff! I would recommend her to any bride who needs someone to plan with from the beginning or even for just the day of, she can do it all!!!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thanks so much Sandra ~ you were a true pleasure to work with!!! Your and Oronde's wedding was great and I loved your families, much blessings & best wishes for wedding bliss!

Sonny · Married on 08/24/2013

Melissa was a joy and very easy to work with. Her skilled hands in event planning and coordinating with vendors is something we could not have done ourselves. Our ceremony/reception is unique in that it was done in a garden setting at a private estate so all services from catering, event rentals, tent/floors, live entertainment, officiant and decors had to be tackled separately. And it all paid off and came together at the end! The day of the wedding, she and her girls made sure the place was prepped beautifully and that me and my partner do not have to worry a thing and just had to take care of our guests. There was even one time where we almost changed our venue due to an unforeseen circumstance a couple of weeks before the wedding and Melissa came through by being able to secure an alternate venue as plan B. Even though we stuck with the original venue, her experience and tried and true contacts, turned us from groom-zillas to putting our minds at ease.

Sent on 09/02/2013

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thank you both so much for the opportunity to make your wedding wonderful. Both you and Jose were so much fun to work with and I am glad everything worked out the way you wanted to...planning an entire wedding in less than 2 months is never easy! Blessing for a happy and healthy marriage.

Melissa and her assistant, Dominique, were great! We had hired Melissa to be our day-of coordinator. Melissa was there early in the day when we were getting ready and made sure everything went smoothly. Her assistant, Dominique, did a great job ensuring that all our guests got on the bus that we had chartered to shuttle our guests to the wedding venue. Melissa dealt with our vendors the day of the wedding so we wouldn't have to worry about details relating to our vendors, and she had an emergency kit (complete with handkerchiefs and scissors) that proved to be invaluable on the wedding day. We were hesitant to hire a day-of coordinator because we wanted to save money, but Melissa did a great job and didn't cost a huge fortune like some other planners we had interviewed.

Sent on 07/28/2013

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thanks so much...we definitely loved working with you guys, it's awesome when collaboration yields beautiful wedding ... Best wishes for a marvelous life together!

Nicole · Married on 05/11/2013

I don't know what I would have done without Missy & Co on our special day. From the moment we signed on with her she became an invaluable part of our organizing, following up with vendors and reminding me of all the little things that can so easily slip your mind. When I almost forgot about arranging pickup for my groom's cake she was right there to fill in .She was there to calm me down when things got crazy and make sure that everyone and everything was where it needed to be. Her pricing is beyond reasonable and she was worth every dime! I don't know what I would have done without her.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thank you sooooo much Nicole, it was a pleasure to assist you and Rich with your big day. My favorite part was your exit to the Star wars theme...so unique and so Rich!! Many blessings and much happiness as you begin your marriage.

lauren · Married on 01/20/2013

My husband & I were skeptical of using a wedding planner at first. I asked, "why spend money on a wedding planner when we could put that money toward the wedding?" However, I soon realized that the money we saved far exceeded the fee for Melissa and her amazing staff. We used Events by Missy for their full-event planning services and there was nothing Melissa couldn't do!!! The vendors she referred us to were not only amazing but within our budget. Her knowledge of everything from ettiquette to color coordination to seating was far beyond what I expected. We hired Melissa about a year before the wedding and she kept us on task the whole time. Her perspective on our wedding vision was parelle to mine and her recomendartions only made our wedding even better.
    I suggest using Melissa and Events by Missy for your wedding planning, she is an investment in your sanity...trust me!

Sent on 03/31/2013

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thanks so much Lauren ~ I am glad we were able to help make your wedding day event better =) you and Gregg deserve the world together! Best wishes to a happy marriage!

stephanie · Married on 08/11/2012

I was the winner of Events by Missy’s contest last year for free DAY-OF wedding planning services. At first I didn't think I was going to get free services, but I was ecstatic when I received Melissa’s email setting up our consultation. She was kind and friendly and I was excited to be working with her on my wedding. I am not organized or focused at all, but Melissa took care of all of the details perfectly. From her suggested vendors to decor ideas, everything was exactly how I wanted them. Myself and Tony couldn’t have asked for anything more on the wedding day either. Melissa worked from early in the day to late into the evening making sure all of the details were just right. I recommend Melissa’s services to anyone who needs help planning their big day but has no idea on how to get it done!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Steph...your submission to our "Love is in the Air" contest last year was AMAZING and you guys deserved to win! I am so pleased to have worked with you on making your wedding unforgettable, your family was so special and Tony is the greatest!!! Best wishes to many years ahead as husband and wife

Marilyn · Married on 06/16/2012

I would've been a complete mess if it wasn't for Melissa! She was the ideal planner I was looking for. I have to admit, I was not only a little apprehensive to hire a coordinator but finding one I didn't know personally was a huge challenge. I said to myself, "Why would I get one when I can do everything myself?" Man, was I wrong. On top of a crazy work and school schedule and half of my day dedicated to a long commute, I started to panic. People I thought I could trust including family who felt very comfortable with inviting whomever, forgot to consider the work and time dedicated to planning a wedding. After months of research, Melissa was on my top 5 list. Based on her references, her brides spoke highly of her work, professionalism and her prompt response which ultimately solidified my decision. She was very personable and it made the wedding planning that much easier. She thought of everything and was always 10 steps ahead of me. Now that's the sign of a GREAT coordinator. After we came back from our honeymoon, many of my guests raved about the wedding. Pick Melissa..you won't be disappointed! She not only knows weddings, guests, gifts, dresses, decor, vendors, food...but she loves wedding cake =) a girl after my own heart!

Sent on 12/29/2012

Events by Missy & Co's reply:

Thanks so much Marilyn for the rave review ~ we had a great time assisting you plan your wedding! Best wishes and many happy years to you and Mark, you were definitely meant to be.