Events by M and M Reviews

Events by M and M 6
Events by M and M 7
  • Steven

Steven Hentges · Getting married on 12/04/2019

A wedding coordinator that goes above and beyond...

In the near 3 months since our wedding in Malibu, CA my wife and I have written several glowing reviews for the vast array of vendors that helped us celebrated a truly magical night. We have saved the very best for last. It was our wedding coordinator who skillfully and patiently guided us to choose the very best DJ, flouriest, photographer, videographer, transportation, cake & dessert designer, and make-up crew. Thank you to Meg West and the entire team at Events by M & M for putting together a night my wife and I will forever cherish. Early on, Meg listened to all of our crazy ideas and specific preferences and ran with it. This was no small feat. My wife and I had very different approaches to our wedding aesthetic. Meg was able to process what was most important to us both and put together a theme and look that not only pleased us, it wowed us. She was able to make the months, weeks and days leading up to our wedding seem easy and stress-free. We almost started to worry about how un-stressed we were. On the day of, Meg and her team skillfully commanded all the moving parts of a massive wedding machine while remaining near invisible to our guests. I cannot begin to express my eternal gratitude to Meg and everyone at Events by M & M for their hard work and dedication to making our wedding day so special. To say they went above and beyond would be an understatement. We write reviews (both good and bad) to help others make informed choices. I write this review to help future bride and grooms to make the wise choice. In searching for the perfect wedding coordinator, stop looking, Events by M &M is at the top of the list.

Sent on 06/27/2019
    Events by M and M 8
    Events by M and M 9

Melanie Bronstein · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Exceptional service

Meg was fantastic! We put our trust in her and she really delivered. She set us up with a wonderful caterer and dealt well with all the vendors. We did not worry about a thing!! She was calm and professional throughout, was responsive to emails, etc. We highly recommend Events by M and M!!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Sarah · Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful Wedding at the Riviera Mansion, Santa Barbara

Meg was amazing to work with! From our first conversation with her, my husband and I both felt very confident that she knew exactly what she was doing. She had great advise and we loved her spreadsheets that she provided for tracking our guests, decor and budget. We brought Meg on as our "Week of" coordinator. On the week of, she was incredibly helpful in communicating and organizing with our vendors and made sure everything ran smoothly from the rehearsal and through the big day. I would highly recommend Events by M and M!

Sent on 08/25/2019

Catherine John · Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful Adamson House Wedding!

Meg and her team were excellent! Right from the beginning she worked with us to help us envision the type of wedding we wanted, keep us on budget, and keep us on a good timeline. She was very knowledgable about the venue. Everyone has told us our wedding was one of the most beautiful they had seen, and it was all because of Meg and her team. The florist she works with in southern california was particularly amazing. We couldn't have done it without their dedication and vision, she comes highly recommended!

Sent on 08/06/2019
    Events by M and M 10
    Events by M and M 11
    Events by M and M 12
    Events by M and M 13
  • Samantha

Samantha Sincock · Married on 11/10/2018

Meg and her team saved my wedding from going up in flames....LITERALLY!

We started planning our wedding like any other couple would, throwing every half-composed idea at wedding planners in hopes that they could bridge the gap between my ramblings and an overloaded Pinterest board. I knew I wanted it to have a very relaxed romantic feel without seeming too uptight. We had picked a gorgeous winery as our venue and I knew it could embody both of our wants. After interviewing with Meg I instantly clicked with her “get-it-done” personality and humor! It was only a few conversations with my parents, and we began our 7-month planning journey! Now, seven months isn’t a lot of time in the wedding planning world but, Meg and her team absolutely nailed every vision, vendor, and walk through. Her design board checked off every “want” and provided options within our budget without every sacrificing the experience. It was the easiest and most enjoyable event process I have ever been a part of even with some type of meeting or walk through happening back to back. I knew Meg was executing every detail as her and her team kept me in the loop with where we were at in processes and answered any random question I had without having to wait. My fiancé and family were all very excited about the big day and could not wait to see what our vendors had dreamt up in person. Unfortunately, the unthinkable happened. We had arrived the Thursday before our wedding, just as the fires struck Malibu. Friday morning, I was trying to keep my calm and without hesitating Meg immediately called me and started working with vendors to secure a game plan to make the day come together despite the road closures and air conditions. A few hours later, while watching the news from our hotel surrounded by smoke, I saw a reporter in front of my venue with flames behind him. Everyone expected me to be a total mess but, it was my faith in Meg and her stellar team that kept me so calm. In the matter of half a working day, with no WiFi, she had found a new venue, secured new vendors, and assisted in signing new contracts and getting memos out to our guests all before dinner. I didn’t get a rehearsal, I never got to say “I do” where I had envisioned I would. But I wouldn’t change anything that happened that weekend. The day was absolutely gorgeous and filled with more love than it would have originally been, I think. I owe all of my memories, peace, and happiness from that weekend to Meg and her team. I am almost crying happy tears writing this. I cannot thank them enough for everything they did for me and my family. I love you always Meg, thank you for everything.

Sent on 07/18/2019
    Events by M and M 25
    Events by M and M 26
    Events by M and M 27

Events by M and M's reply:

What an adventure we had with you - I think everyone experienced the whole spectrum of feels! Thank you so much for trusting us to make it all happen for you! xoxo

Claire · Married on 07/29/2018

Best Planning and Execution

Meg and her team fulfilled my dream wedding to the best details possible. To think back, I absolutely made the best decision to have them as my wedding planners. My initial contact to Meg was around 6 months before the wedding. Meg was caring and sensitive. She was able to quickly capture my wedding vision and needs after a few phone calls and email exchanges. Her design board presented so many beautiful details that matches our styles and personalities, some of which I was not even aware of before. What I appreciated the most was they left me with no stress and any possible hectic from the planning, so I really enjoyed my time of almost being a worry-free bride-to-be. On the wedding day, Meg made sure everything was carried out smoothly. Her passion and sunny personality was such an impeccable part that everyone enjoyed.

Sent on 05/17/2019
    Events by M and M 28
    Events by M and M 29
    Events by M and M 30
    Events by M and M 31
  • Jenn

Jenn C. · Married on 06/29/2018

You will be so happy with Events by M and M!

I got married in Santa Barbara nearly a year ago now...needless to say, this review is long overdue! I am still so thankful for Meg, Noel, and the rest of the team for putting together a beautiful wedding that was so seamless. We could not have asked for any better!

When we began the planning process, my (now) husband and I were looking for someone who could take the reigns, so we decided on the partial package. We had already decided on a venue and photographer, but I wish we had found M and M sooner, because it would have made that process so much easier!

I tend to get overwhelmed with minutiae and can become paralyzed when too many options are presented. Meg was fantastic at helping to narrow things down for us. M and M provided us with a short list of recommended vendors so that we didn't have to constantly sift through numerous websites and reviews, only to then have to play phone/email tag with each one. Not only were their recommendations well qualified, but the list appeared to have a range of prices to choose from.

Meg and Noel were also extremely responsive (both by email and phone), and I always felt better after having talked with them. They listened to my ideas intently, understood exactly what I wanted, and was able to run with it and make fitting suggestions when I was totally lost. Meg's warmth and energy leading up to the wedding and on the day of made me feel so at ease and confident that all would go well.

And it did! On the day of the event, everything was set up beautifully as planned, and vendors were on time and working hard. The team made sure that the wedding party stayed on schedule as well, and I was so glad that they made sure my husband and I had a huge plate of food (with time to actually eat it)!

With open communication, superb attention to detail, great listening skills, and a clear love for event planning, you cannot go wrong with Events by M and M. They will definitely take care of you!

Sent on 06/09/2019

Stacey · Married on 06/09/2018

The BEST wedding planner- Events by M&M!

We had such a great experience with Events by M&M. My husband and I got married 5/27/18 and would not have been able to pull off the wedding without Meg. She was very responsive with emails, detail-oriented, and made helpful charts and itinerary leading up to the wedding. Meg allowed me to have a stress-free day by directing and communicating with all vendors, helping with layout and decor, and pulling off my dream intimate wedding. I would definitely recommend Events by M&M to all of my friends and relatives. I honestly cannot thank them enough for everything they did for us on our special day.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Azadeh · Married on 05/12/2018

Everything was so amazing that I do not even know where to begin! From the moment that my husband and I started working with Meg and Noel we knew we were in great hands. They were so professional and nice! They were so organized and helped keep me on track, which I definitely needed! They did not make me feel pressured with time requirements as they planned everything out so perfectly! When my husband and I met them at our walk through, it was even more confirmed that I would not have to worry about anything going wrong on our wedding day. We had the pleasure of having Noel as our coordinator for our wedding day and couldn't have been happier! She was on top of EVERYTHING! If I needed anything she was on it and got it done immediately! She made sure everything was in order and occurring on time. She was pleasant the entire time and my whole family loved her! I am so grateful to have worked with Events by M and M and as a result had the wedding of my dreams! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Melissa · Married on 05/03/2018

Dear Meg from Events by M & M,

Two years...two years of planning this wedding event for 100 people and just like that it was over in eight hours. It was a pleasure working with you and Noel. Noel was amazing, to say the least. Noel was alert, attentive, welcoming and such a hard worker on Friday. Our family is a tad needy and you took control of each scenario polity, professional but firm. Your entire team was amazing. Your responsiveness was amazing when a situation was brought to your attention for whatever the reason was, you and your team was there to step in and mediate the situation immediately. Our family was ranting and raving how you gave clear and concise directions throughout the wedding rehearsal and most importantly with our mom’s fear of heights. Events by M & M professionalism far exceeded our expectations and the overall vision we were going towards. Definitely, such a memorable event that will never be forgotten.

We and our close friends and family enjoyed every single second of it. Words cannot express the magnitude of gratitude I have for you and your team at Events by M & M.

We are truly thankful and thank you for the bottle of Brut. We are saving it for our one-year anniversary. KIT! XOXO
    Warm Regards,

M/M Childress – May the Fourth Be with Us!

Sent on 05/09/2018
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 01/14/2018

Unforgettable, Perfect, Beautiful, Stress-Free Day

Let's face it. Like many other brides, I am a bit of a control freak. Or a "boss" as I'd say. Handing over the reigns to execute the most important day in our lives was not easy to think about at first. BUT, once I began working with Meg and her amazing team at M&M Events, those worries simply melted away.
    From our initial budget and planning meeting - when I literally knew nothing about where to start - to the rehearsal, Meg and her team were professional, informative, and able to offer their industry experience to get me and my husband started. We selected M&M Events for their coordination package, where they assisted coordinating set up and tear down of our vendors and day-of coordination of events. This helped us have a completely seamless event that literally went off without a hitch. We had about 100 guests at a beautiful venue in the arts district in Los Angeles, and my guests are still saying almost a year later that this was the best wedding they have ever been to. M&M Events allowed us to create our unique vision and bring it to life perfectly. We are so grateful to have had the pleasure of working with them and they get my highest recommendations! I've also attended several of their weddings as a guest - and they are no exception. The best I have been to. Thank you M&M Events for all you did for my husband and I to have the perfect wedding!

Sent on 10/26/2018
    Events by M and M 40
    Events by M and M 41
    Events by M and M 42

Samantha · Married on 10/13/2017

I was incredibly nervous on my wedding day, and had no idea what to expect. I'm SO HAPPY that Noel was present because she TOOK CARE OF BUSINESS! My wedding was absolutely beautiful, and even exceeded my expectations! She handled EVERYTHING from deliveries, getting guests to their places, decorations, event timeline, she even helped me put on my veil before I walked! Honestly, out of everything spent on the wedding, SHE was the MOST important. My wedding would have been a mess without her running around and handling EVERYTHING!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Stefani · Married on 09/23/2017

We booked coordination services with Events by M and M and are very happy we did! The services provided were so helpful. We worked with Meg and Noel and they really helped make sure our day ran smoothly by thinking of things we would never even have thought of! I loved having Noel there wedding day. She is the sweetest and helped our day go off without a hitch! Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Grace · Married on 08/13/2017

Meg was a dream to work with. Her design vision for our wedding was impeccable, and her organization leading up to and for the day was wonderful. We're so grateful for all her help!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Devon · Married on 07/22/2017

We loved using Events by M and M, we did the week of package with Mary and I can confidently say it was worth every penny! The last couple of weeks leading up to the wedding was extremely stressful for us, but Mary stepped in and kind of took the reins when we were overwhelmed and assured us that everything would come together beautifully... and she was right! She helped make sure the venue set up was on point and done in time, the ceremony went so smoothly, she kept us on schedule so we didn't miss any of the important moments, and she really let us enjoy our wedding without worrying about vendors and deliveries and setup/clean up. She was absolutely amazing and I HIGHLY recommend her if you're in the market for a coordinator. Thanks Mary!!!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Monica · Married on 06/11/2017

Meg and her team made our wedding a breeze! We only needed a day of coordinator for our wedding so we got their "week of" package and we were so impressed! They went above and beyond for our wedding and made sure that what we wanted was what we got that day. Mary, our day of coordinator worked professionally and helped our vision come to life! We are so grateful and thankful for these coordinators.

Sent on 07/28/2017

Malia · Married on 05/14/2017

We booked Events by M and M for Week of/Day of Coordination services. Easily one of the best choices I made during my wedding planning process! Meg and Mary were super helpful and super sweet and Meg made me feel so comfortable and was very tolerant of my quirkiness! They helped me stay organized and focused, and talked me through all the little details that I wasn’t sure of! I’m a very indecisive person, and Meg helped me process things in a way that not only helped me MAKE the choice, but helped me make a good choice! Even though I did the “planning” piece myself, Meg is the one who really brought everything together that day and made my vision come to life. On the day of, Meg ensured every detail was perfect! Even things that I hadn’t thought of! She filled all the gaps. And to top it all off, Meg sure that I was taken care of that day. She helped me stay calm, and not feel rushed or in a hurry. She made me feel like my needs were priority and she made sure that I was happy every second of that day! I absolutely adored her and her team and would recommend them 1,000 times over. THANK YOU SO MUCH MEG!!!! You are a freaking rockstar and were a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 07/29/2017

anabelen · Married on 08/20/2016

She is amazing and her team is always on top of everything. She knows what to do and make your day special and go accordingly. She know exactly knew what to do with my decorations and how to decorate my diy decor.

Sent on 10/24/2016
  • F

Frances · Married on 07/30/2016

I hate writing reviews, but after all that Meg and her team did for me and my new husband - it has to be done! Both of us work 80+ hours/week as residents and so we knew we had to hire a full package wedding planner. The moment I spoke to Meg on the phone, I knew that even though her price was slightly above our budget, I wanted to go with her because I felt an instant connection. She promised to make the wedding unique to us with special personal touches...and she certainly did! So many of our guests can't stop raving about our wedding, and how it was the most beautiful and fun wedding they had ever been to, and how it was SO "us". Throughout the planning process, Meg had to deal with me being indecisive, constantly too busy to look at vendors and venues and rentals, but still was so accommodating. She knew how busy our schedules were, and would schedule everything all in one go for us. She came to all of our cake tastings, venues and meetings with us (!! not true of most planners). She talked me through all of my freak out moments and made sure I was comfortable with every decision I made. I basically inundated her with 1000 photos of weddings I liked, and she made sense of all of it, created a theme, the decor, the colors and planned the wedding of my dreams!! I took 2 weeks off before the wedding to prep all of the "DIY" type things that needed to be done before the wedding - but of course, Meg and her team went above and beyond and took care of everything for me, so that I could focus on getting myself ready!!! Even on the day of, our bridal party commented how professional Meg and her team were and how perfect she was as a wedding planner - type A go getter get things done personality, but still so sweet. I rarely give anyone 5 stars for anything because I have such high expectations, but Meg exceeded all of them! I am so glad I ended up going with her, she is worth way way more than we paid for her! Thank you so so much Meg!!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Julie · Married on 07/16/2016

Loved working with Meg and her team. I plan educational events for a living and my husband didn't want to look at me at the altar and see me not being present. He knew if we didn't get a planner I'd be running lists in my head. With Meg on board everything was so smooth. We had a partial planning package and it helped so much!! Every question I had, she had an answer or handled the issue. The hotel catering manager changed three weeks out but it was ok because Meg was there.
    As I peeked out the window to the ceremony site, EVERY touch we discussed was in place. We had a unique entrance into the hall. Meg made it happen. When my dress pleats were being torn because my dress was being stepped on, Meg was prepared and fixed it right outside the reception and I returned with little time lost!!!. Amazingly prepared.

I had the best wedding and reception because of Team M and M.

Sent on 07/31/2016

Angelica · Married on 06/24/2016

I had the best day of my life a little over 5 months ago and I attribute my stress-free and magical day on large part to Weg West and her staff. Through the entire process Meg was very professional, organized, and had many great ideas. She was also flexible and understanding when my husband and I wanted to do things a little "different" than most weddings. She also worked well with our families to include my Mexican and his Persian Culture. I would highly recommend Meg and her Wedding Planning services!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Cassandra · Married on 05/21/2016

I can't express enough how amazing this team is. On my wedding day people were so amazed on how cool and calm I was and my response was, "Meg and the team have it all under control." They we went above and beyond the call of duty. I can't not express how grateful I am for them AND I couldn't stop thanking them throughout the day/night of our wedding. Whatever vendor or ideas you need, they have multiple options and solutions for you. These woman are the bomb!

Sent on 07/27/2016
  • Lucia

Lucia · Married on 03/05/2016

My wife and I were married on 3/5/16 and Meg was our week of coordinator for our reception only (the church venue came with a coordinator). After reading Cindy P's review, I'm simply just going to piggyback her glowing review.
    "Never once felt the need to walk into the reception area to make sure all the items I gave her were where I wanted them." - FACT
    "When she needed my husband and I to be somewhere for a scheduled event (garter, bouquet, cake, etc.) she definitely came to find us, but she never became pushy or intrusive. If we were in the middle of a conversation with someone, she would patiently wait and do her best to let us finish. She would simply and lightly place her hand on our arm, shoulder etc. to discreetly let us know it was time to move on." - FACT
    "When the night was over, all of my personal things from the sweetheart table, the photo and the bridal suite were completely packed up..." -- FACT
    When you read that Meg goes "above and beyond", this is true. When my wife and I were taking a short break between the ceremony & the reception to grab some things from our hotel room, I went in to find our room was cleaned and Meg had left a bottle of champagne (which we quickly guzzled haha).
    Literally, the transition from the church ceremony to the reception was FLAWLESS. Never once did my wife and I ever wonder what was going on, who was where, what was next. There were no hiccups or bumps in the road and if there was, my wife and I certainly didn't know about it. My vendors were VERY impressed with her timeline guide she provided them for the order of events for the reception.
    We were SO impressed with the work M & M did for us, as they were such an important part of our reception. The night went by so fast and if I could do it over, I definitely would have grabbed the mic and gave M & M a standing ovation for all the work they put into our special night. #FLAWLESS
    THANK YOU M & M! YOU ARE AWESOME!

Sent on 04/09/2016

Elena · Married on 01/29/2016

Meg and her team go above and beyond their expectations. I felt completely relaxed and stress-free the day of my wedding. Everything was as I imagined and all flowed perfectly.

Sent on 02/17/2016

Megan · Married on 11/07/2015

Events by M&M were absolutely amazing! After months of trying to plan our wedding in Santa Barbara - I reached out to Meg at Events by M&M. She instantly made me feel a million times better about the entire wedding planning process. She and her team took care of every detail from helping me pick our location to helping us manage our guest list, vendors, decorations, menu and timeline - all while keeping us within our budget. Thanks to Meg & her amazing Team, our Wedding Day (and the whole week leading up to it) was more perfect than we could dreamed!!! One of best decisions we made on our Wedding Day (besides saying "I DO!") was having Events by M&M plan it!

Sent on 06/22/2016