Events by La Fete Reviews

Events by La Fete 5
Events by La Fete 6
Events by La Fete 7

molly · Married on 03/26/2011

Katie was spectacular! my mind was at ease and i know all the last minute details would not be forgotten and executed perfectly.
    i was able to enjoy my wedding and not worry if anything was forgotten or misplaced. i also didn't have to run around following up with vendors the week of the wedding, because she had it all under control. i most definately recommend Katie and think everyone should have her on the day of their wedding.

Sent on 04/07/2011

Stephanie · Married on 11/13/2010

We used La fete as a day of planner for our wedding, however, Katie was available throughout the planning process. The planners were wonderful. Everything went so smoothly, I was not stressed whatsoever and did not have to worry about a thing. I would highly recommend La Fete. They were helpful, sweet and very organized.

Sent on 12/04/2010

Tina · Married on 11/06/2010

Rebecca with La Fete helped me on my wedding day this November. She was fantastic. She was organized, level-headed, and enthusiastic. I honestly do not know what I would have done without her.

Sent on 12/10/2010

Kathy · Married on 11/05/2010

a 5 Star rating doesn't seem to be enough for how perfect my wedding day was because of the hard work of Katie and Rebecca. They did not miss a beat. My wedding was how every brides should be "Stress Free". I was able to enjoy every minute and take full advantage of the meaning of the day! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Sent on 12/11/2010

Caroline · Married on 10/16/2010

La Fete provides amazing wedding planning services. Katie Cathey has young and fresh but elegant ideas. She does a great job at staying within budget and provides suggestions for savings. She was wonderful at dealing with vendors and family. I give La Fete my highest possible recommendation - 5+++++.

Sent on 12/15/2010

Lyndsey · Married on 10/10/2010

Working with Katie made my wedding planning experience the very best possible. Every small detail was taken care of. I don't know what I would have done with out Katie. I met with other planners who didn't seem to understand the vision I wanted to create at my wedding and reception. From the first meeting I knew that Katie would make my dream wedding a reality.

Sent on 11/04/2010

Melissa · Married on 10/02/2010

Everyone told me to prepare myself, that a few things would inveitably go wrong on my wedding day. I can honestly say however that my day was perfect and went off without a hitch. This was due in large part to Katie. Not only is she completely organized, on top of things, and easy to work with, she is extremely knowledgable and full of good ideas about weddings. I would definitely recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 10/15/2010

Bronwyn · Married on 08/21/2010

There is no single word to describe Katie Dunn, owner of La Fete Weddings & Events. Katie has been unforgettable and her services were imperative to making not only our wedding day, but also the entire wedding process, absolutely perfect.
    One of the most amazing aspects of Katie is her personality, she is kind, sweet, funny, sincere, honest, hard working, and energetic. She made our wedding day seamless without bossing anybody around or yelling or getting irritated at all.
    If it weren't for Katie, our wedding day would have been a disaster, she saved us from making fundamentally huge mistakes and helped us through everything. She was available whenever I needed her and responded to all my thousands of emails or calls immediately!
    Katie also knew all the the perfect vendors and did all the dirty work that nobody ever wants to do. She chose professionals that made our day extraordinary.
    I would recommend Katie to anyone because she is fabulous!! We LOVE LOVE LOVE her! Thank you Katie for EVERYTHING!

Sent on 08/31/2010
  • Tamara

Tamara · Married on 08/07/2010

So there's just no enough words to tell Katie how grateful and thankful we are to have had her during this time! She is truly an amazing woman who has so much knowledge about weddings and proper etiquette, etc. I personally know that she was meant to be my wedding planner, our personalities clicked and the rest was history. Thank you so much Katie for everything! My wedding was truly amazing and it was because of you! Thank you again! I highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 08/25/2010

Susanne · Married on 06/19/2010

I could not have been more pleased with Katie at La Fete. She is truly a wedding and event planning expert - she thought of details that I never would have thought of, anticipated issues in advance, gave us great ideas and suggestions throughout the wedding planning process and then kept the wedding ceremony and reception running seamlessly from start to finish. Not to mention, she is an absolute joy to work with - my entire family commented on what a wonderful job that she did. The entire day and few days leading up the event were completely stress free for me - because of Katie, I could just relax and enjoy the party because I knew all the details had been taken care of. Other than choosing the groom, she may the best decision you will make!

Sent on 07/01/2010

Dare · Married on 05/08/2010

If you would like to have the most amazing wedding in the universe then La Fete is for you! The team at La Fete kept me calm, cool and collected throughout the entire process...from starting the planning months before...through the very end of the wedding reception! Having a great wedding planner is KEY to a successfull event!

Sent on 06/02/2010

Neal · Married on 10/17/2009

Katie Cathy at La Fete Weddings and Events was pleasure to work with. She made the whole wedding day (and all days leading up to it) run smoothly. She helped me prepare for the wedding by meeting with me and helping me pick out plates, tents, table cloths, etc.- everything that we would need for the wedding day. She took time to go to the reception site and meet with the florist and caterer to make sure everyone was on the same page. She was very eager to help in any and every way possible. I thought I could do it by myself, but decided to get her help and it was totally worth it. She thought of things I never would have dreamed of. Our wedding would not have been as perfect without her!!!

Sent on 06/09/2010

Neal · Married on 05/13/2006

Look no further. Katie Cathey, owner of La Fete Weddings & Events is by far the most capable, reliable and trustworthy wedding/event planner out there. From decorations...chair, linen, tent, plate, silverware, drapery, furniture selection to invitations, cake and food selection as well as coordination of unending elements, etc, Katie nevers looses sight of what the client wants and she never stops until every last detail is taken care of and is in place. Katie is highly energetic and has incredible vision for how an event/wedding should look in the end. She helps her clients decide what they want their special day to entail and then she works around the clock to make sure the finished product is exactly what they wished for. As Katie says, she "LOVES her job" and it shows because she stays excited about each event she works on even past the day it's completed. Katie is a jewel to work with and you won't go wrong hiring her!!!

Sent on 06/24/2010

Kate · Married on 05/29/2010

Katie went above and beyond what we thought a wedding planner was suppose to do! She was the reason our wedding was the ceremony/party of the year!

Sent on 06/09/2010

Lindsay · Married on 08/13/2011

One of the best things about Katie (other than her creative ideas and fun personality) is her knowledge of and connection to wedding vendors. She knows so many professional, top of the line vendors in the Triangle area and they were all fabulous. She can do as little or as much planning as you need and is always available for random questions or a second opinion. I couldn't have gotten through the day without her. She was there for us every step of the way, and it was so reassuring to know that someone was there who knew what to do if something went wrong (which it didn't, of course!). Not to mention, she is a pleasure to be around and made the whole experience all the more fun. I would reccomend Katie to anyone!

Sent on 09/29/2011

3.8
      3.5

I received services from Events by La Fete as part of my package at the Carolina Inn, so my experience is limited to day of services. I must commend Carly, however, on not only retrieving my veil from a dumpster 20 minutes before the ceremony (the box was inadvertently tossed), but ensuring that I had no clue that my veil was even missing until well after the reception when my bridesmaids spilled the beans!

Sent on 06/18/2013