Events by La Fete Reviews

Events by La Fete 5
Events by La Fete 6
Events by La Fete 7

Lisa · Married on 12/01/2012

It’s not every day you find someone that blows you away both professionally and personally. For us, that person was Katie Dunn. She was the best decision my husband and I made during our wedding planning process.

On a professional level Katie knows how to manage that fine line of taking charge and getting things done while still being amazingly calm, calming (essential for a Type A bride), and fun. I must have written her hundreds of long, detailed emails – all of which she responded to quickly, effectively, and somehow always made me feel like her #1 priority. Every vendor she helped us select was phenomenal, easy to work with, and exceeded our expectations 10 fold on the day of. The impeccable organization, flow, and execution of our entire wedding weekend was 150% Katie’s doing and she truly went above and beyond on so many occasions I couldn’t begin to include them all. Lastly, I love that she won over my husband, and to say she did that with flying colors would be an understatement.

On a personal level Katie is simply amazing. Her humble and down to earth personality makes her easy to work with while her enthusiasm and fun loving disposition make her an absolute joy to share this experience with. In between all the crazy emails and meetings full of wedding details there were tons filled with jokes and laughter. It’s with all sincerity that I say one of the saddest parts about our wedding being over is that we no longer get to work and talk with her on a regular basis.

In a discussion a few weeks after our wedding, Katie asked if there was anything my husband and I would have changed about our wedding. Simultaneously and without hesitation we BOTH responded that we only wish we would have hired her sooner.

Katie was amazing from beginning to end and I truly cannot write a review that does her or her team justice. Our day was incredible and we are so thankful for everything Katie did and for the opportunity to have worked with her.

Sent on 12/27/2012

Rebecca · Married on 10/27/2012

Our experience was so wonderful and perfect. Not only did we have the best time, everything was even more organized and thought out than I could have imagined. It was nice to have a friendly and in control person at each event, and I know the weekend would not have turned out the way it did without La Fete! Rebecca and her team were extremely personable, on point, organized, thoughtful and friendly. Every detail was in it's place, every timing was on point and every guest had the most amazing time.
    Thank you again! You really were the best, and an absolute joy to work with

Sent on 12/04/2012

Beth · Married on 10/27/2012

Absolutely fantastic! The entire wedding weekend was flawless thanks to Rebecca Dunn's work and help. If there were any problems, we didn't know about them --- just the way it should be!!!

Sent on 12/05/2012

Amanda · Married on 10/13/2012

I found Katie halfway through my wedding planning when I realized I was in over my head with too much to do. She immediately made me feel at ease over our initial phone call and from jumped right in to help with what was left to accomplish. She is friendly and has such a positive, fun attitude. She was willing to meet as many times as needed and was so flexible when changes were needed to be made. She did a great job of keeping my mom and I on track when we didn't see eye to eye. Katie continuously stayed in contact though email and was easy to get in touch with when needed. She made a very helpful timeline for the wedding weekend and touched base with all vendors beforehand. She handled all special items that needed to be transferred to the church and/or the reception. This was all so helpful for me not to worry about!! All the details were so perfect and the I was so pleased when I saw the reception room and all the details on the tables. All our guests keep telling us how beautiful everything was. I couldn't have put it all together without the help of Katie! Thank you Katie for making the wedding planning process turn from stressful to stressfree!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Catherine · Married on 10/06/2012

Katie Dunn and her team were extremely professional, courteous, and responsive to all of my needs, from the moment we signed the contract to the days after my wedding. She was always available by phone and email to answer any and all questions about every single part of the planning. And she patiently and willingly took the time to understand my preferences for flowers, colors, textures, and design before any planning got underway. She accompanied me to meetings with vendors and oftentimes knew better than me what I wanted in the decor! And she made suggestions for how we could achieve certain looks while staying on budget. I highly recommend Katie to brides who are cost-conscious but need and value a professional's expertise. Trust Katie's experience, reliability, and kindness, and your wedding day will be exactly as you envisioned it to be.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Ginny · Married on 09/29/2012

Katie Dunn with Events by La Fete was the single best decision I made when planning my wedding. Because I worked with Katie my wedding planning process was not only enjoyable, but was downright FUN! Katie understood my vision for the wedding and was able to execute it in a way that far exceeded my expectations. She is professional, personable, dependable, trendy and hardworking. No detail was left untouched which made the wedding, reception and the planning leading up to it run smoothly. She took all the stress off of my shoulders so that my mom and I were able to relax on the wedding day and enjoy ourselves. And the feedback we received from our guests was amazing! Some people said it was the prettiest and most elegant wedding they had ever been to. And it's all because of Katie!
    Katie is such a great person, fun to work with and is the absolute best at what she does! I would recommend Katie and Events by La Fete to everyone!! She's worth every penny and more!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Cackie · Married on 09/29/2012

Katie was a pleasure to work with. Thanks to her, the months of wedding planning were mostly stress-free, and at the actual reception, we were able to relax, dance and leave the timekeeping to her. And the venue looked just the way the bride had envisioned, a testament to Katie's creativity and her team's hard work. Throughout the planning process she kept us on task, gave guidance when and where it was needed, responded to emails at all kinds of crazy hours, and calmed frazzled nerves. Her people skills and organizational abilities get A+. Best of all, Katie is just a really nice person!

Sent on 10/21/2012

C · Married on 09/01/2012

I worked with Carly for my wedding, and she was awesome! She handled everything and took loads of stress off of me. She ran the rehearsal so well that my officiant told me that he has never seen a wedding planner/coordinator as efficient as Carly (and he has been doing weddings for decades). She is organized, detail oriented, and professional. She handled everything so well that I didn't have to think about any details on my wedding day. I highly recommend Carly and La Fete Weddings & Events!!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Meghan · Married on 07/28/2012

Katie Dunn is absolutely wonderful! At the beginning of the wedding planning process my mom and I were very overwhelmed so we decided to get a wedding planner. We interviewed 4 different planners. Katie was the most personable. La fete didn't really have a package deal that worked for us but Katie was more than willing to create a package that met our needs. Every vendor we used Katie referred to us. She did not steer us wrong, they were all just as wonderful to work with as she is! Also, Katie quickly responds to emails and is more than willing to answer all questions and find solutions to all/any issues. Lastly, my wedding day was perfect- everything I could've ever imagined. I have to thank Katie and her La Fete team for helping my dreams come to life! The entire event was flawless!

Sent on 08/07/2012

Sue · Married on 07/28/2012

I can not say enough about the professionalism, yet personalized attention we received for my daughter's wedding from Katie Dunn and her assistant at La Fete. She was NEVER too busy to answer an email or handle a vendor. She made every bit of my daughter and her husband's vision come true for their special day.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Laura · Married on 06/11/2012

We used La Fete for our Day of Wedding Coordination and could not have been happier. We worked with Carly, who made the entire day go off smoothly and consequently my husband, family, and I were able to enjoy the wedding and not have to worry about all the little details. I couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/27/2012

We cannot say enough good things about Katie Dunn with La Fete. She really helped to give us the perfect wedding. She was extremely responsive to emails, had fantastic ideas for the wedding, and most importantly, was great about knowing how to manage our stress levels. Our family and friends also raved about how calm she was during the wedding itself, and the event flowed so smoothly. We absolutely loved her!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Emily · Married on 04/21/2012

Katie and her La Fete staff helped Joe and I plan our wedding from beginning to end, and we both agree that this was the best decision we could have made! Katie helped our vision come to life on our wedding day. I could not have been more relaxed and happy with Katie handling the big day. All of our friends and family were blown away by the unique and special touches that Katie created. She is an amazing planner, and you will feel so lucky to have her design your wedding!

Sent on 05/21/2012

Terri · Married on 03/10/2012

I do not have enough good things to say about Katie Dunn and La Fete. Initially, I thought hiring a wedding coordinator was an additional and extraneous expense. I am so glad I second guessed myself! My husband and I are busy professionals and do not live locally to NC. I cannot imagine what a nightmare wedding planning could have been without the help of La Fete. Katie is thorough, thoughtful, organized and efficient. She removed all stress from the wedding planning process by helping with vendors (from research, contract review and hiring to pre-wedding coordination), budget management, decor vision, timeline review and organization and day-of management. I had absolutely nothing to worry about on our wedding day because Katie was on top of it all. Katie is quick to respond to requests and is always so positive and helpful. On a personal note, she's also just a really cool person. It would be absolutely foolish to pass up the opportunity to work with Katie.

Sent on 04/03/2012

Claire · Married on 11/12/2011

L.O.V.E. Katie Dunn with Le Fete. She did such a great job with all of my wedding needs. I could never have gotten everything done without her, especially on the actual wedding day. Everything was beautiful and a huge success! I would recommend La Fete to everyone. Thank you again Katie for making my day so easy and special :)

Sent on 11/23/2011

Rebecca · Married on 10/15/2011

Katie Dunn of La Fete Weddings & Events was a dream to work with. My now-husband and I loved working with her--as did our families--and we would recommend her highly to anyone. Katie coordinated all of our vendors and details of the wedding with such professionalism, style and charm, so that we were able to enjoy every precious minute of our wedding day... worry-free!

Sent on 11/09/2011
  • Denise

Denise · Married on 10/08/2011

Katie was our wedding planner and am so thankful I was referred to her. She was recommended to me when I was presented with a list of people and I had no idea who they are.
    I asked, "who on that list is the one that gets the job done, is to the point, focused and won't let herself get wrapped up in stress..."? They pointed to Katie's name with confidence...

For a brief time, I felt I hadn't needed a planner because I had 8 bridesmaids. But, I quickly realized I really did need Katie and her extensive experience to guide me. She took care of so many details that I hadn't thought of and she was ALWAYS quick to get back to me.

Katie led the rehearsal with grace, the venue was set up brilliantly and it allowed me so much more time with my bridesmaids before, during and after the wedding who travelled so far to be there.

All the guests were raving about how it was the best wedding they had ever been to!

We'll always be thankful to Katie for all her efforts and professionalism. :)

Sent on 11/08/2011

Heather · Married on 10/01/2011

Can't say enough great things about my experience with Katie. She was the day of coordinator for my wedding and was so great to work with, so accessible and really responsive. After hiring her, I was able to take a deep breath because I knew my wedding was in good hands.

Sent on 11/18/2011

Lida · Married on 07/22/2011

Rebecca was so easy to work with, and I'm so glad I had her help on the day of the wedding! My parents, maid of honor, and I were all better able to focus on the joy of the wedding day because we knew that Rebecca was taking care of the details. Thank you!

Sent on 08/20/2011

Tonia · Married on 07/09/2011

Katie is AMAZING! We planned our entire wedding from Califorinia and Katie was our only connection to NC making all the details come together. We only got to meet with her once before the wedding weekend in person, yet I felt like I had been working with her for years. She was very responsive via email and the phone so I never felt disconnected. She was so patient with me as I changed my mind numerous times regarding venue locations. She is such a professional and made the weekend as stress free for me as she could. She's also just tons of fun to be around!

Sent on 12/22/2011
  • Z

Suzanne · Married on 06/12/2011

Katie was phenomenal to work with. From the moment I hired her, the stress was literally lifted off my shoulders. I was able to relax and enjoy my engagement and wedding weekend because she handled every little detail and aspect. She is truly the best of the best and I consider myself very lucky and honored to have worked with her. Our guests complimented us on one of the most organized and well thought out weddings they'd ever been to. I certainly give Katie all the credit.

Kimberly · Married on 06/04/2011

Katie ensured I received the wedding day of my dreams. I didn't have to think about a thing that day. She is extremely thorough, detail-oriented, knows how to get things done and incredibly sweet.

I lived in a different state and have a very demanding job. I think I wrote Katie a million emails on random ideas, lists of items that needed to get done and she made sure it was all taken care of. She went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and at ease that day, and it worked.

She was a joy to work with, and I only wish I had another event she could plan! Everything turned out beautifully. Even my parents, bridal party and guests commented on how professional and efficient my wedding planner was!

I would truly recommend her company without hesitation. She's amazing!

• Des+Si

Despina · Married on 05/28/2011

You know how you play out this fairy tale in your head of what your dream wedding will be, feel and look like? Katie and her team make that happen. Without a doubt I know that without her continuous help, expert planning, stress-free process, genuine heart, excellent recommendations, sister-like guidance, dedicated management and catchy enthusiasm, my wedding would have been short of perfect.

With her, it was more than perfect. I will never forget two things: when I walked into our reception space. I was so deliriously happy all I could do was smile and skip (the guests were enjoying cocktail hour, don’t worry I know what you’re thinking). And the other was when I looked at our photos for the first time. Every detail was better than the last and each guest's face looked awestruck.

So, I can’t possibly list all the stand out things she did but here’s a start for prospective:

1. Katie communicated with the vendors and ensured we got a fair, if not better, price. For example, before her caterers were quoting me double what she would negotiate. That’s right, almost double for the almost the same menu (about $110 a plate down to about $60)! And she recommended a caterer who was the best of the best. That one single area of savings of many right there paid for her services!
    2. Everything I wanted, I got it in some way while staying within the budget range. I wanted a specific charger that was super expensive and she made it work, with no real sacrifice at all.
    3. She handled and sent out well organized time lines that took the stress out of the worst parts of the planning. I look back now and can’t even imagine the time I would have spent and time I would have lost if I didn’t have her by my side.
    4. I asked her to follow up on a few last minute RSVPs and while I considered that out of scope, she gladly did it and made my life that much easier.
    5. She would take all the details I had and keep them with her until the day-of. I must have had 50+ and each single thing made it (from framed family member pictures, to welcome bags, to favors) and set them up all with as much attention as I would have given each!

On wedding day about a million things could have or should have gone wrong but they didn’t. Any issues never made it to me. I remember nothing but being an amazingly happy bride in an unbelievably perfect setting. And I have La Fete to thank for that!

I consider her the most vital wedding investment I made... You will be in the best hands with La Fete! I adore, love and thank you from the bottom of my heart Katie!!

Tabatha · Married on 04/16/2011

Katie knew I did not want a traditional wedding and was able to come up with great out of the box ideas. She sent me e-mails with suggestions, ideas and visuals constantly and was not satisfied until I was happy with every detail.
    THANK YOU KATIE for making my dream day perfect!

Sent on 04/19/2011

Nam · Married on 04/16/2011

As you can see by Katie's other reviews, she is top-notch at what she does. We were initially hesitant about a wedding planner, as you'd think that it's an extra expense, but she was great throughout the entire planning process and even better the day of the wedding. We don't know what we would've done without her knowledge and planning of meticulous details. With the crazy events that occurred during our wedding day it was so great to have a planner, who you've already built a year-long relationship with, handle the details on your wedding day. I would highly recommend getting a planner for the entire process and not just the day of for this reason. Thank you so much Katie, you were awesome!

Sent on 05/23/2011