Events by GS Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Amanda
    Amanda H. Married on 07/09/2022

Dream team

If I could give 1,000,000 5 stars to Luciana and Masumi on this platform I would! Luciana and Masumi designed and planned my dream modern Chinese wedding and my husband and I were completely blown away by the details. Our guests still rave about how much fun and unique our wedding was!

I was referred to Luciana and Masumi by our photographer Hannah from Hannah Berglund Photography as she’s worked with this power couple for multiple weddings and raved that they were extremely hard-working, detail-oriented, and overall a fun spirit to be around. It was important to me that my vendors enjoy working with each other so I had my call with Luciana and the rest was history.

We hired Luciana and Masumi for partial planning and design - but I’m going to be honest, they went ABOVE AND BEYOND just partial planning to make our day the best day of our lives. The past year working with them was so enjoyable and stress-free. They would show up to every single venue walk-through we had with our vendors just to make sure every detail was ironed out for the big day. Masumi also has a brilliant design eye and created a mood board based off of the most important qualities my husband and I had and in the end it was executed to perfection.

During the day of the event, they did everything and more. Here are only some of the details I noticed that took away all the weight off our shoulders: 1) They stayed beyond their contract hours to pack up all of our linens/napkins to be returned back to our rental vendors 2) they loaned us some of their personal decor and it elevated our reception even more 3) THEY HANDLED WEDDING CRASHERS WITH GRACE. We had no idea there were crashers but Luciana came to us mid-dinner and says “they’re taken care of” - talk about a secret agent! 4) Luciana held my veil up for some iconic photography shots since the wind started to pick up 5) We were behind schedule for cake cutting after returning from couple photos but Masumi acted so quickly and moved our cake table from our sweetheart table to the dance floor which ended up being the most iconic SF cake cutting location (photos attached).

Overall, Luciana and Masumi are a dream team to have as planners and I am happy to say that we are looking forward to remaining close even after our dream day. THANK YOU LUCIANA AND MASUMI FOR EVERYTHING!
  • Ryan
    Ryan M. Married on 06/11/2022

I Can't Imagine How They Could Have Been Better

Luciana and Masumi are insanely effective at what they do. We had a lot of great experiences with vendors at our wedding, but these two were easily my favorite. Their confidence, enthusiasm and experience made the day of the wedding so much easier to enjoy. They would proactively think about all of the minor details and organized our agenda thoroughly so that everything went smoothly at the wedding. It was the best day of my life, and I owe much of that feeling to their hard work. If you're considering them for your event, I would save yourself the time and just set up a call with them before you consider anyone else. They are so much fun and after just a few minutes of talking to them, it becomes obvious that you're in good hands. I feel so lucky that we had them at our wedding. I hope that you get to work with them as well.
    Mal S. Married on 05/28/2022

Magical Weekend celebration

The thought of planning a wedding was extremely overwhelming to us but Even by GS took that all away. They seamlessly made each step digestible and fun. They heard our wants and needs and prioritize what was most important to us with our budget in mind. The ease of communication and responsiveness made for a very collaborative process. We planned a destination wedding with them and it was the best decision we ever made. They also had services to help us plan the rehearsal and after wedding festivities which allowed us to enjoy our celebration with no pressure on us. The cadence of calls we had together fit right in to our normal schedule and they were so accommodating. Leading up to the big day they were exceptional in hyping us up while simultaneously keeping us calm.
    My wife said it best Luciana was “everywhere and no where” all at the same time. Our family and friends raved about every aspect of the wedding. From the napkins to the surprises they somehow kept from us, it was a gorgeous weekend of fun from start to finish. We could not recommend them enough. 10/10 best wedding ever.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Michael
    Michael A. Married on 04/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Masumi & Lucian are a crack team of wedding planners!

Luciana and Masumi made planning the wedding MUCH MUCH MUCH easier than it would have been without them! My wife and I had zero idea what we wanted for a wedding other than "forest". They guided us through the process and kept everything humming along. They were able to work with us to figure everything out but also worked behind the scenes with the various vendors & venue. For everything, they had shortlisted a few vendors ready to go and we could look and choose who we wanted. They were always communicative and clear about what the timeline required and what was needed.

Then on the wedding day, they were on top of everything and took a load off of our shoulders. Luciana and Masumi were also well-loved by the family even when they were prodding everyone to get to the right places at the right time (e.g. time to get on the shuttles to the ceremony/time to get back onto the shuttles/time to do the first look/time for dinner...). Our wedding party had people from different continents, completely different cultures, and all of them loved Luciana and Masumi.

5/5 would work with again!
    Michaela Married on 03/12/2022

The best team ever!

Luciana and Masumi were amazing to work with! We hired them as a month-of and day-of coordinator as we had already booked the majority of our vendors by the time we came across them. I thought there wouldn't be much for them to do after I booked everyone, but wow was I wrong. They worked with all the vendors to create an extremely detailed timeline, made sure a procrastinator like me was on top of all my tasks, made appropriate recommendations when I felt paralyzed by decisions, and generally just made sure every last minute detail was taken care of, most of which I wouldn't even think of myself. Everyone kept telling us how chill and not stressed we were throughout the process, and it was only because we trusted that we were in such great hands with Luciana and Masumi. I highly recommend them and would not have wanted anyone else on my team!
    Brenda A. Married on 10/02/2021

I highly recommend...

I highly recommend Events by GS. Luciana was attentive and quick to respond. She made the day easier and took care of a lot of my worries. She was extremely fair with prices for the amount of work and dedication she put into our special day.

If you book your event or wedding with EBGS I hope you get the privilege to work with Luciana, she is personal and dedicated to making sure that everything goes right and it's the way that you want it.

We are so grateful to Luciana for making everything perfect and being apart of creating a romantic beginning to our journey.
  • Thomas
    Thomas T. Married on 09/25/2021

Above & Beyond

EBGS was an absolute blessing. Luciana and Masumi were consummate professionals. The time and dedication that they put into the preparation and execution of our wedding even before the day of the event went above and beyond. During the actual wedding, they somehow managed to be everywhere at all times ensuring that everything went perfectly. I do not know how they did it, but we did not need to worry about a single thing during the wedding. I cannot speak highly enough of EBGS other than to say that you must select them for your event!
  • Kerry
    Kerry G. Married on 06/19/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Events by GS won't just execute your dream wedding, they'll become the friends that you want to invite to your wedding!

If you are considering Events by GS, stop considering and GO FOR IT. We worked with the founder and coordinator, Luciana, and her wife, Masumi, designer. Together, they blew our ideas of our intimate, small wedding completely out of the water. We had a 50-person backyard wedding (after a church ceremony) on Saturday. We started working with Events by GS in October 2020 and we had no idea of our "vision" back then. Luciana & Masumi helped pull this "vision" out of us based on our relationship and truly getting to know us. Over the last 8 months, we had dozens of calls and in-person meetings to plan and frankly, to hangout.
    Everytime we got together to "work" on the wedding planning, it was enjoyable. We had Zoom calls, got drinks together, and had a lively group text.
    Because it's so hard to find the perfect vendor, I want to highlight just a few things that Events by GS did for us that were completely above & beyond expectations (and contract!).
    > They drove hours (in Bay Area traffic) to visit our venue site and visit rental warehouses for us. > During the event, they stayed well beyond contract!
    > They picked up extra ice from the store at 11pm to keep our party going.
    > They even got behind the bar and mixed drinks when our other vendors had left!
    > They loaned us rentals (such as candle holders) and walked us through each and every rental and order we needed to make.
    > When we emailed them our table setup (placecard locations) at midnight the night before our wedding, they didn't flinch.
    > They created signs at the last minute and hung them appropriately to help some of our guests needing extra help. They also met some of these guests and helped them throughout the night.
    > These are just some of the things I NOTICED. There's so much more that happened behind the scenes that I didn't even notice.

Masumi has an unmatched eye when it comes to design. After we landed on our "vision," Masumi built design boards that helped with obtaining all our other vendors (especially florals). Luciana and Masumi built maps and charts for our event, helping to better organize our rentals and delivery. During the ceremony, Masumi and Luciana setup the venue (our backyard) to completely exceed our expectations. Even though they checked every item with me beforehand and where it should be, I trusted their creative license with the whole reception. On the day of my wedding, I was so happy that Luciana & Masumi were there not just to coordinate and design, but also as friends. I had every ounce of trust on my wedding day knowing it was all in their hands. I look forward to keeping in touch with their team and I'm truly sad that our time working together has come to an end.
  • Britney
    Britney H. Married on 05/21/2021

We loved them!

We hired Luciana as a month-of coordinator for our wedding, and it was a great decision! She and Masumi were a great support leading up to the wedding - and when the big day came, they were indispensable! They helped us stay calm, keep track of all details, and pull off our perfect day! Not only were we happy, but so many guests and family members also complimented Luciana, telling us how amazing she was and that we couldn’t have done it without her! We are so glad we hired them to help us pull off our dream day!
    Maria Married on 01/03/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

An incredible event coordinator you must have.

Luciana is a fantastic event coordinator !!! She has an eye for detail, is very professional, listens to your every little desire, and then some !!!! I hired Luciana to act as day-of coordinator for our wedding in Pacifica, Ca. She and her team provided excellent service and were on top of everything, especially the little details that can make or break an event. Very professional and reasonably priced. Highly recommended.
    MJ
    Naomi Married on 04/27/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Luciana literally saved my wedding and my sanity!

I had reached out to several planners before Luciana, and she was the only one to return my call in a decent amount of time (which spoke volumes to me).
    As soon as we met her, we knew she was the one. I signed the proposal right away and never looked back. Although she was hired as a "month -off" coordinator, she went about and beyond. I couldn't have imagined going through the process with anyone else.
    The wedding day came, and everything went off without a hitch!
    Thank you so much, Luciana- we couldn't have done it without you!
    Luciana Married on 05/05/2018

Best day Ever!

My husband and I celebrated our wedding and reception in SF and we couldn't be happier that we picked EBGS because we truly had a perfect day. Luciana was wonderful to work with, making everything in the entire process extremely easy. She went out of her way from day one to make any and every accommodation so that our day would be exactly what we hoped for. She did everything from helping me arrange a surprise musical performance during the ceremony that my husband totally didn't see coming, to figuring out some meals for folks with special diets, to strategizing layout for the games we set up in the garden for the reception. She is super experienced and always had great suggestions for any decisions I wasn't sure how to make and I knew I could rely on her to remember every detail. Thank you !!!
    Erin Married on 10/06/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best wedding planner I could have hoped for!

Working with Luciana took all my wedding worries away. All I told her was that I wanted a destination wedding in Maui and she found me the perfect venue, helped me with wedding invitations, coordinated my favorite foods and an excellent local cake shop to make our dream cake a reality. On top of it, she negotiated room rates for a block for all of our guests!