Events by Gillian Reviews

22 Reviews for Events by Gillian

• Elaine

Elaine Yeoh · Getting married on 03/07/2021

Gillian is the best!!!

I was trying to save money by doing everything myself, but now I realize I could NOT have done it without Gillian. We hired her as our day of coordinator. My day was super busy from beginning til end and Gillian was there to set up my decorations, manage my vendors, follow our timeline, and assist us (if you think you can do all this on your wedding day and not get stressed out please think again). Our wedding was so perfect thanks to Gillian. She is very sweet, flexible, organized, and I would've guessed she had 15+ years of experience behind her. I found most of my vendors on my own, and it was like Gillian was the missing piece I needed to tie everything together. And watching everything come together on our wedding day was truly amazing thanks to Gillian. Wish I would've hired her sooner than later! Please book her!!

Sent on 10/18/2020
  • Bridget

Bridget Williams-Kief · Married on 09/26/2020

Best wedding coordinator ever!

Gillian is incredible and the entire reason my wedding went so smoothly! We chose her "day of" package and she went above and beyond just that day. She was super attentive to my one million questions, reassuring when any problems occurred, and made sure our wedding day went so incredibly smoothly and amazing! She is 1000000% worth every single penny.

Sent on 10/07/2020

Rachel · Married on 08/23/2020

Life Saver

We were hesitant at first of whether we needed a coordinator or not, but Gillian was one of the best decisions we made in the entire planning process. Incredibly responsive/professional/organized /creative/ easy to work with. Our plans changed a few times due to covid, and she was encouraging and dynamic through the entire thing. Very detail oriented, and amazing at problem solving. Our wedding day was relaxing and we were able to truly enjoy it, and I credit that to Gillian!

Sent on 08/25/2020

Kadia Julian · Married on 08/02/2020

Best Event Coordinator!!

Gillian was our event planner for our wedding at Historic Shady Lane. I am so thankful we connected and were able to walk through a postponement together. She was great with all of our vendors and made the whole day quite easy for us. She has an amazing eye for details and design, and I truly appreciate all she did for us! If you are planning a wedding, or really any event, get ahold of Gillian ASAP. She’s the best!

Sent on 08/10/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda Black · Married on 06/13/2020

Outstanding Work

Gillian was amazing to work with. We had to move our wedding date back due to COVID and she went above and beyond to not only be at our second date but to make it even more beautiful than we could ever have imagined. We hired Gillian for her full planning and design package, and we do not regret a single cent. Thank you Gillian for everything!

Sent on 08/30/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda and Devin · Married on 05/30/2020

Gillian makes wedding dreams come true!

There are not enough words for Gillian! She truly kept our day together, despite a re-schedule and some COVID-friendly replanning when the day came in September, our wedding day truly turned out the way we planned it pre-COVID and that is largely due to Gillian. From the start until the day of she was there for us and went above and beyond her role as a DOC. Our day went off without a hitch on attempt number 2. MY ADVICE TO COUPLES PLANNING - BOOK HER BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!

Sent on 09/21/2020

Tawnie Ross · Married on 02/28/2020

Everything was BEAUTIFUL!!!

We hired Gillian to set up for my daughter's wedding reception and she was absolutely wonderful from the first meeting through follow through! She communicated throughout the whole process which was extremely helpful because I was busy with other aspects, and she kept me on track with reception details that slipped my mind.
    The first meeting with her I shared my ideas of what we wanted. In the weeks leading up to the big day I added a few things, took away a few things, and of course ran into a few things that didn't turn out the way I hoped. And, honestly, I was concerned that she wouldn't be able to get everything set up in the allowed time. Not only did she get it all done, but Gillian nailed my vision! Our guests couldn't stop commenting on how beautiful everything looked! Some of the staff even complimented us!
    I highly recommend her and would definitely hire her again! She is excellent with making your vision come to fruition!

Sent on 08/23/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie Keagy · Married on 01/08/2020

Gillian was amazing to work with and was so helpful!

Gillian was so helpful from the start of planning a wedding! (even with all of the stress with COVID). She came to every meeting prepared and kept us on our toes with what we needed to do. She kept everything running smoothly on the day of the wedding and even saved the day when the cake took a tumble. She was helpful with details and in making sure everything looked good and flowed together. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/13/2020

Courtney Weik · Married on 10/26/2019

The best wedding ever!!

Gillian is the absolute best. She is so trustworthy and genuine. Our wedding was so beyond perfect and she made sure we were taken care of the entire time. As a bride, I also felt so so so relaxed with the day of planning. I came to the venue and was almost brought to tears with the beautiful work of Gillian/ what the vendors did with all of our wedding materials. I would recommend Gillian 110%!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 10/13/2019

Life Saving Coordinator!

Gillian was absolutely amazing! After spending the morning getting sick, she was right there with encouragement, a mint, and ginger ale. She made sure that I had as little stress as possible. I couldn’t have asked for a better wedding day and it wouldn’t have been possible without Gillian!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor Bleiler · Married on 07/27/2019

Can't recommend GIllian enough!!

Gillian is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! In fact, words cannot do justice how invaluable she has been to Chris and I over our epic journey towards our wedding on July 27. From the moment we met Gillian, she instantly brought us out of a state of panic. She had personalized checklists, coordinated all of our vendors, and told us not to worry about countless things, as she did them for us. She was also constantly in touch with both of us to remind us of things we needed to do and always made herself available for a chat or a meeting. Gillian saved us soo much time and unnecessary stress that came with planning our wedding, she is actually a lifesaver. Our wedding was amazing, and was absolutely perfect. Gillian was there from the very beginning coordinating everyone and everything: Caterer, Bar, Caricature Artist, Puppies, bridal party, etc... not to mention arranging the site and coordinating over 200 guests. Not only is Gillian insanely organized, she is a genuine, caring and the sweetest soul you could meet. Her presence made every difference to me before and during the wedding. If you are looking for someone to assist with planning your special day, I honestly cannot recommend Gillian enough!

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 07/05/2019

Smooth Wedding Day

Gillian was amazing! She was super organized from our first meeting. We had found a lot of our vendors before contacting her but she was very knowledgable and willing to recommend others for whatever we needed. She was the only wedding planner we met with that was willing to set up and tear down decor (included in her fee!). As we continued to talk through email and have in face meetings, I felt more and more comfortable with Gillian. She had me send her pictures of ideas I saw on Pinterest and Instagram to get a feel of what I wanted for my wedding decor. I gave complete decorative freedom up to her and she did not disappoint! She even collected all our decor items that we had brought and kept in her car the day before our ceremony! She was so easy to contact and so easy to work with! When it came to our wedding day, she kept me calm when we had to deal with heavy rainstorms hours before our outdoor ceremony. Thank you so much Gillian for helping us plan the day of our dreams!

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Madeline

Madeline · Married on 04/27/2019

Phenomenal Friend!

Words cannot express our gratitude for Events by Gillian! From the beginning, Gillian formed this friend-like relationship with us both that secured the feeling she truly cared about preserving our vision. She is easy to contact and easy to work with due to her down-to-earth and bubbly, yet organized personality. She is quick and knows how to handle situations on the spot and did not hesitate to run and get us more vodka when our bar ran out!

Her attentiveness, friendliness, and care was so genuine that she felt more like a guest than a hired vendor on our wedding day. With Gillian being a part of our day, Kevin and I did not have to worry about a single detail which helped us take in the moment one minute at a time. I couldn’t recommend Events by Gillian enough. Thank you DEARLY for all of your help, friend.

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • kbrands

Kelsey · Married on 12/01/2018

Wonderful Coordinator

Gillian was super affordable and well worth the money! We only hired her as a day of coordinator but she was so much more than that. She met with us numerous times prior to the wedding and made sure everything went as planned! We couldn't have asked for a better experience and highly recommend her to others. She was very patient with us and did everything we could have asked for and more.

Sent on 01/01/2019

Lexis · Married on 09/22/2018

I didn't have to think about anything! With my busy life, between school, work, family, friends, etc. Gillian did a great job of not giving me too much to worry about during the planning process. She did a great job with party supplies...her flower arrangements are to die for! She isn't just a wedding planner she is also an amazing party planner who is able to make any space work.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/19/2018

Gillian was beyond the best wedding coordinator! She was a girls best support before and during and at a great price! Any question I had, and I mean anything I could text her, call her, didn't matter she answered or got back to me as soon as possible even with bride freak-outs. With wedding drama and every other stress she was supportive and understanding. I could tell her anything and she would handle it in a calm and professional manner! Especially the day of!!!! She went above and beyond, even helping us set up the venue beforehand and cleaning everything up and making sure I did not lift a finger!! I honestly could not have done any of this without her by my side helping and supporting every step of the way. If I could give her a million stars I would!! Definitely a whole world above the rest!!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Judy · Married on 07/27/2018

Gillian is so sweet and wonderful to work with. She is very organized and stayed focused on every detail of the day . She was just as excited about the day as we were and did a wonderful job at our sons wedding !!!. Having her coordinate the wedding allowed us enjoy the day . Judy S

Sent on 08/01/2018

Paige · Married on 07/27/2018

Gillian was the perfect Wedding Coordinator for our wedding and made the day go so smooth and feel so peaceful! She is very professional, flexible, and quick to respond to emails and texts. She is also very personable. Even though we only hired her for “day of” coordination, she met with me multiple times, helping me along with the whole planning process. Although I’m sure there were things that did not go as planned on the wedding day, I never knew about it-I knew I could trust Gillian’s expertise and she took care of everything! She truly has a gift of event planning and you can tell she deeply cares about every detail, just like you do!

Sent on 08/08/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 11/11/2017

Fun, professional, and an absolute miracle worker!

Gillian was suggested to me by our venue, Historic Shady Lane, LLC in Manchester PA - after taking a quick look at her website it was evident that she shared the same "vibe" and overall style I was hoping for our wedding. Our first casual coffee-shop meeting really solidified the partnership for me! Gillian was so helpful, suggesting multiple little details that became some of my favorite elements of our wedding, but also being careful to let my vision shine through each moment. I am ~far~ from the ideal bride (take far too long to respond, generally have very little attention to detail, don't take things very seriously, etc.) but Gillian never showed any frustration and was always so incredibly eager to help and quick with an answer to any question. Getting married through Covid-19 was not my ideal situation, but Gillian made it feel like nothing was out of the ordinary and helped us navigate the new terrain with ease. Day-of the wedding she coordinated SO many elements behind the scenes that I never would have had time to address, and was one of the last people to leave the venue. Coming from someone who originally thought she didn't need a Day-Of Coordinator, trust me, you need a Gillian.
    If you're searching for complete confidence and assurance in the professionalism and competency of your coordinator, I would wholeheartedly endorse Events by Gillian & Co.!

Sent on 08/16/2020
  • I

Isabel · Married on 11/04/2017

Gillian handled a two day large family event and she made it fun and easy for us.Great energy and problem solver, so pleasant to work with. Has great ideas for your wedding or event.

Sent on 01/30/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

I can not even begin to express how fantastic Gillian was. I could not have asked for a better coordinator
    for my wedding. She was so sweet, very professional, and extremely organized. Having her at our wedding made the day go so smoothly and for my husband and I that was priceless!
    We highly recommend her to anyone looking for a coordinator for their event!

Sent on 11/19/2017
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/10/2016

Gillian is A+++ - She will make your day AMAZING!

GILLIAN IS AN ANGEL! I cannot say enough about how wonderful Gillian is. From the very start, she made each step so easy, made sure every detail was covered, and triple checked to make sure nothing was missed. Not only is she so easy to work with, but her attention to detail and expertise reassured me that everything was going to be perfect! The day of the wedding was everything I dreamed of and more! She made sure every detail, every candle, that everything was in its place, and every person and vendor was where they needed to be, and when. If you are looking for a wedding planner, stop right now and call her. I will never forget our amazing day and everything Gillian did to make sure it was just that!!

Sent on 09/29/2020