Events by Gillian Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Sam
    Sam H. Married on 06/10/2022

Events by Gillian Review

Gillian was able to help us out and replied on very short notice. She was the first one to get back to us. She was great to work with. We are very satisfied with her help the day of the wedding and many weeks leading up to it.
  • Malik
    Malik R. Married on 04/29/2022

The Richard’s Wedding

Gillian, I have finally found the time to process the magic we have created. From our first zoom call, on November 29th 2021, I knew you were the one! The only one, who I trusted to help execute my brother’s wedding. You supported my wildest ideas of designs and layouts. Calm and compose by nature you became my peace. The nightmares transpired and we had to dream again of different concepts. You have taught me that our plan b always have to be stronger than our plan A. You always made time to accommodate my busy schedule and always stayed on top of things. Down to the day before the wedding you saved the day. Your professionalism is definitely unmatched! There’s no one as detailed oriented as You. You made my Brother and sister in law felt comfortable and assured that they wedding will go off without a glitch!! It was definitely a MOVIE! Many family and friends commented on how will organize and beautiful the wedding was. Gillian I could honestly write a book about this experience with you! I just want to say thank you soooo muchhh for being so compassionate and patient! I felt like I knew you all my life! We have to be friends in real life after how much time we spent together!! Cheers to more success to you and your business! You are definitely hired for my wedding! Stay tuned!

- Malik Richard Brother, Bestman ,Wedding Planner.
    Linda H. Married on 01/15/2022

Perfect In Every Way

I was a lucky bride to select Gillian as my wedding planner. I thought I could plan my wedding by myself. I was wrong! I reached out to Gillian and from our first conversation Gillian understood my needs and vision for my wedding. Gillian was creative and full of amazing ideas. She was always professional, precise and detail oriented down to the folding of the napkins. Gillian was continually in contact and our meetings were a fun collaboration of each others concepts. The day of the wedding Gillian organized all the details perfectly. Gillian was incredible in every way! I would highly recommend Gillian!
  • Brooke
    Brooke W. Married on 01/02/2022

Gillian = Seamless Wedding Day

I hired Gillian for design and day-of-coordination services. She helped me think through my overall design, colors, etc. for my wedding and was a wonderful sounding board for all of my design-related decisions. As for the day-of-coordination, I honestly don't know how anyone plans a wedding without a coordinator like Gillian. While I am an overly organized person already, it is SO much work to plan a wedding on top of all your other life responsibilities. Gillian was incredibly thorough and captured all the details I didn't think of. She created a full action plan for the day so that every responsibility had an owner and didn't fall through the cracks. She made sure that I was not being bothered on my wedding day to fix anything - that was the most important thing for me. I was completely stress-free about my wedding day knowing that Gillian was handling all the details. Everything was perfectly executed - our ceremony & reception space were GORGEOUS. She knew my style, exactly what I wanted and created my dream day. The day was seamless - that is what every bride wants! I would recommend Gillian to everyone planning a wedding! Worth the investment to truly enjoy your wedding day without all of the stress.
  • Danielle
    Danielle B. Married on 11/20/2021

The. Best!

As I reminisce on my wedding day, the first thing that comes to mind is…wow, I would have never been able to pull off this day without Gillian and her team. My venue required a day of coordinator which is how we found Gillian, and thank god that was a requirement! Even though she was hired as our day of coordinator, she was so much more than that! From the very beginning Gillian was extremely professional and always kept things on track. Leading up to the wedding she asked all the right questions and helped to remind me of details I would have totally looked over. On the day of the wedding Gillian kept everything running on schedule and had the most calming presence, which is crucial for an anxious gal like me on her wedding day! I gave Gillian a vague idea of what I was looking for decor wise and provided most of the decor, but the way her and her team pulled it together on the day of was absolutely amazing! I can’t recommend Events By Gillian enough. Thank you for helping to make our wedding day perfect!
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly N. Married on 11/13/2021

Love at First Site

I first met Gillian at a wedding show and knew right away she was the person for us! Gillian was amazing throughout the planning process and the day of. She went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. She was responsive to her emails, always friendly and overall a very kind hearted person. She even helped my now husband surprise me with a bridesmaid who traveled from Germany! She made sure my florist knew we needed an extra bouquet and was able to have hair and makeup setup for this bridesmaid as well! The day of the wedding she managed everything so well and exceeded my expectations with the decorations. She was able to make my vision come to life. Gillian took care of everything from day 1 of working with her and made the wedding planning process enjoyable. I felt like I was planning my wedding with a friend and feel blessed to have had her a part of our special day.
  • Casey
    Casey M. Married on 11/06/2021

An absolute must-hire!

I am so glad and grateful that I decided to book with Gillian! I went with her day-of coordination package and she was an absolute life-saver to have with me on our wedding day. I'm fairly organized so had the planning under control, but realized about 8 months before the wedding that the one thing I really wanted was someone to handle all the tiny details of the day, from vendor coordination to set-up and tear-down - Gillian was perfect for this! The details session call and timeline creation process were so helpful and she made sure there was absolutely nothing I had to worry about when the day came. Gillian is warm, kind and professional - the best combination when it comes to wedding vendors. I had no stress leading up to the day because I knew all the details would be handled by Gillian and her assistant, and they handled everything even better than I could have imagined. She also has an amazing portal of rental options for her couples which I took advantage of and I loved all the little details of her rentals that brought my whole wedding together. I cannot recommend Events by Gillian enough for any couple looking for the best hands-on coordination and planning ever!
  • Madie
    Madie Married on 10/30/2021

Fabulous and Organized!

Gillian and her team were fabulous to collaborate with throughout the planning process and then fully executed every detail on the day. Gillian has a well outlined contract that makes the expectations clear for scheduling meetings and all the services you will receive in her packages. She was always prompt with meetings and went above and beyond making excel sheets to keep everything organized. She accepted the feedback and pivoted the plans and changes. I wish I hired her sooner in the process! Gillian kept everyone on track during the day and helped to direct all the vendors so my family and friends did not have to lift a finger. We appreciate every attention to detail that made the day extra memorable!
  • Morgan
    Morgan S. Married on 10/23/2021

Every detail I dreamed of came together and I didn't need to do a thing

My husband and I got married at the end of October 2021 at Conestoga House and Gardens / Stevens School Ballroom. Not only was Gillian prepared with every single back up plan, but she communicated everything with me and sat with me through all the tiny stressors and took care of every decision so I didn't need to.

The ceremony & cocktail hour weren't the most decorated because it was a garden venue, but the reception had all the details that I could dream of. I didn't need to worry about anything the day of because when we walked in everything was perfect & beautiful and exactly how I imagined everything to look.

Gillian wasn't only great on the day, but every moment leading up. Any question I had she had an answer. It was amazing to have a friend right there throughout the full wedding planning process to trust their professional opinion and not feel alone in the pile of planning. Highly highly highly recommend Gillian and her team. THEY WERE AMAZING.
  • Ariel
    Ariel F. Married on 10/23/2021

Cannot recommend enough

Stop your search for a wedding planner right now, and hire Gillian. I have nothing but amazing things to say about her! She was always super responsive, knew the answers to all my questions, and of course thought of things I would have never thought of. She also has amazing décor that you can rent from her for the wedding, and everything is gorgeous. On the actual wedding day, she set everything up and I was stress free because I trusted her completely. She has great taste, and makes your vision come to life. I literally thanked her over the mic in front of everyone at my wedding because she deserved it. BOOK NOW.
  • Emily
    Emily H. Married on 10/16/2021

Best planner ever!

Run, don't walk, to hire Gillian for your wedding! I was an incredibly disorganized, indecisive, and neurotic bride, and Gillian is pretty much the only reason that I actually had a cohesive wedding! She guided me through every step of the planning process, was there for me when I met with vendors, and made our actual wedding day a BREEZE. I truly cannot imagine getting through my wedding day without her help. She set up everything I needed, flipped the ceremony space during cocktail hour, and had everyone in place when/where they needed to be. I didn't have to worry about a thing other than enjoying myself and being a newlywed. Not to mention, she's just about the sweetest person I've ever met! I cannot recommend her and her services enough!
  • Katy
    Katy J. Married on 10/09/2021

Gillian is the BEYONCÉ of wedding planning!!!

I simply *cannot* say enough good things about Gillian and her team. I was a postponed 2020 covid bride with a Type A personality that THOUGHT I could skip the wedding coordinator step. When the pandemic postponed our October 2020 wedding, it provided us with more time save & plan, so I ended up bringing on Gillian to help elevate the design of my backyard tent reception. Postponing was a blessing in disguise, because I quite frankly would not have had my perfect wedding day without Gillian and her team!!!

Gillian's eye for creating a wedding space to match your wedding Pinterest board is impeccable. Our wedding venue was unique in that we had a backyard tent reception in my now husband's childhood backyard. Gillian, her team and beautiful rental collections helped me build a boho dreamscape that my guests couldn't stop talking about. I also, to this day, cannot stop talking about it.

Besides the overall wedding design, the greatest gift Gillian and her assistants Karen & Kathy gave me was a frictionless, stress-free and PERFECT wedding day. Most people will tell you something will always go wrong, but when I tell you NOTHING went wrong (to my knowledge), that is not an exaggeration. It allowed me to be present with my girls as we got ready and enjoy the day with my new husband. Gillian is there for you every step of the process and there to answer your questions -- she eases the chaos of wedding planning and has incredible experience planning events both big & small. She also is on top of all the details and logistics that start to pile up a month out, so you can focus on the fun parts of prepping for your wedding day.

I cannot even believe for a second I *almost* didn't hire a coordinator. If you're on the fence, please don't hesitate to reach out to Gillian and hire her ASAP. You will not regret it. I'd plan a whole new wedding just for fun if it meant I could work with Gillian again.
    Corryn Married on 10/09/2021

Best Wedding Planning/Coordination

You NEED to hire Gillian for your wedding day! We had partial planning and she went above and beyond many times while working with us! I am a super type A person, but I really wanted a professional who I absolutely trusted to be able to take over for me on our day. We wanted the true stress-free experience to be able to completely enjoy our day without worrying or micromanaging all the details. Gillian allowed us to be totally in the moment and enjoy the special day with our family and friends. If there were any mishaps, I had absolutely no idea. To me, the entire day was perfect! Her style is also amazing and the rentals were the perfect addition!
    Maggie F. Married on 10/08/2021

Highly recommend working with Gillian

If you are looking for a wedding planner, look no further than Gillian McSherry and Events by Gillian. First she is so friendly and easy to talk to. She truly wants to make your event the best it can be! She really listens to your ideas and forms a design plan to make your vision a reality. You can select the level of service that works for you - we chose the partial plan which suited our needs. We also loved that she has an inventory of all kinds of decor items to rent that made it so easy to get the look and feel we wanted. And she knows how to organize and run the whole day so you don't have to worry! She also has an extensive list of vendors she has worked with and can provide excellent recommendations. We could not have had the successful wedding without her.
  • Melissa
    Melissa P. Married on 10/08/2021

You MUST have Gillian for your Wedding!

Gillian was the wedding planner for a wedding I photographed this past October and I have to say she really impressed me! She was always available when anyone needed her, but somehow remained in the background. She is extremely professional and cares deeply about what she does. Also, she is just super kind which goes a really long way! GIllan's design of the space was GORGEOUS! I kept Ooo-ing and Ahh-ing all day long! If you're on the fence about who to hire to plan your wedding, do not waste any more time and just go with GIllian! You will not regret it!
  • Tessa
    Tessa G. Married on 09/25/2021

Totally Worth It!!!

Gillian is very bubbly and has a great personality. Her expertise really helped guide the wedding planning process by asking us questions about details we never considered. Guiding us with our decision making process made the wedding day seem flawless and the wedding planning process fun. We truthfully debated a day of coordinator but this was some of the best money we spent. We can say we truly enjoyed my wedding day to its maximum potential without a concern in the world. We had all the faith in the world that Gillian would take care of whatever we needed and she definitely did, to all you brides if you are considering a day of coordinator I recommend her 100%
    Riley H. Married on 09/12/2021

Wedding Day

Hiring Gillian as your coordinator is a must! Having her help guide you through the chaos of wedding planning and also having her on your team of vendors during your actual wedding day is incredible. Through the wedding process, there are calls to ensure you are staying on track with your plans and helps break the process down so it's not as overwhelming. Gillian also has a lot of incredible rentals to use as decor which really helps to save some money on decor! Fast forwarding to the day of our wedding, things definitely went wrong (they always do) but it was SO much less stress knowing there was someone who was able to coordinate and talk to the other vendors to try to get back on track.
  • Andrea
    Andrea M. Married on 09/10/2021

Great Communication

Working with Gillian for my wedding day was a dream I didn't know I had. Gillian is so professional yet fun and really helps with all the details big and small. Before our calls My husband and I would stress out because we didn't really know the process but after our call with Gillian we always felt calm and taken care of. Gillian made all our wedding dreams come together and made everything so smooth and effortless for us. Gillian is now a friend I hope to have for life and I am excited to continue working with her for years to come!
    Megan O. Married on 07/24/2021

Beyond Expectations

There are not enough words to adequately describe just how wonderful our experience was with Events by Gillian & Co. From beginning to end Gillian was by our side helping us plan our dream wedding. She was professional, attentive to details, organized, timely, kind, friendly, and a true pleasure! We couldn’t have imagined our day without her and her team. They made our day truly unforgettable, stress-free, and dream-like. Right from our first meeting Gillian completely understood our vision, and entering into our reception was like a dream come true that brought me to tears. She made everything come to life and more beautiful than I can ever have imagined possible. Gillian was so kind and personable we felt as if we gained a new friend through this process. We cannot thank her enough and recommend her highly to all our friends and family!
  • Lisa
    Lisa S. Married on 07/04/2021

Gillian is AMAZING!

Let me start by saying I did not think I needed a day-of coordinator or wedding planner at all. I am extremely organized and type A personality, and for full disclosure only hired Gillian because our venue, Historic Shady Lane, required us to have one. We picked her out of the list they provided because she was the most responsive, friendly on the phone, and we liked that she offered rentals as well.

We hired Gillian as a day-of coordinator, but Gillian was SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT. I truly thought a day-of coordinator would just show up on the wedding day and be a support for setting up, but that doesn't even scratch the surface for what Gillian provided to us. She met with us multiple times throughout our wedding planning process to help us plan ALL of our details, help us create a day of timeline, help us make our vision come to life, give us recommendations, and so much more.

On the day of the wedding, what Gillian provided to us was seriously invaluable and I will be forever grateful for the amount of stress she took off my plate. Here is a few examples:

-On my wedding day, Gillian set up all of our decor at the reception, cocktail hour, and ceremony sites.
    -Gillian handed out all of the tips to the other vendors so I didn't need to worry about it
    -I lost my veil on my wedding day, Gillian went and found it and brought it to me
    -I ripped my dress on my wedding day, Gillian was there minutes later ready to help me repair it.
    -I needed the lights to be adjusted at the venue during the reception, Gillian got them turned off within minutes
    -We had an issue with our shuttle buses arriving on time for our ceremony, Gillian didn't even hesitate to find out what was happening and adjusted the timeline accordingly so I didn't even know anything was wrong.
    -We forgot some decor at the venue after the ceremony, Gillian DROVE TO MY HOTEL to deliver it to me.

She went above and beyond in every aspect of my wedding. She is truly the best and I cannot say enough positive things about her! Everyone do yourself a favor and hire Events by Gillian to plan your wedding!
  • Danielle
    Danielle Married on 06/26/2021

She is amazing!

Gillian was absolutely amazing to work with! She was with us every step of the way through our wedding planning process! She was always extremely responsive with any questions or concerns that I had! She was so organized and genuinely cared about making our wedding day perfect! I would absolutely recommend her!
    Melissa K. Married on 06/19/2021

Fun and stress-free!

Planning a wedding definitely can be stressful and I am so glad we hired Gillian to make our big day stress free! She gave great suggestions, was very organized and was always just an email or call away when we had any last minute questions. I highly recommend her to any couples looking for a wedding planner/coordinator and we cannot thank her enough for helping is create our dream wedding!
  • Kelly
    Kelly B. Married on 06/12/2021

Events By Gillian Was Awesome!

I did not have a coordinator for my older daughter's wedding 11 years ago and I remember feeling so anxious and pressured that it was hard to enjoy the day as I should have. When my younger daughter started wedding planning the very first thing I said was I want a wedding coordinator! We found Gillian for our coordinator and I can't express how great she was to work with! She was very organized and patient. As a person she is very sweet and easy to get along with. I enjoyed the planning process with her. The reception had an event coordinator and they worked very well together. The day of the wedding Gillian was instrumental in the wedding turning out perfect! She kept everyone on schedule, helped to make sure everything was placed where it needed to be and made sure I was calm and enjoying myself, which I was and did. She was very hands on and did so much that day. She was there past the time she should have been helping to get things cleaned up. I highly recommend Gillian as a coordinator. She won't let you down!
    Sachin Married on 06/05/2021

Excellent wedding coordinator

We had an excellent experience with Gillian as our day-of wedding coordinator. She did an amazing job with our outdoor Indian wedding ceremony and reception, displaying spectacular professionalism, enthusiasm, and problem solving on the day-of and our pre-wedding meetings. Would highly recommend her to anyone in need of a coordinator.
    Taylor M. Married on 05/21/2021

Gillian McSherry

Gillian did an incredible job and helped guide us through the process amazingly! We booked her as a full package. She helped us pick and choose our vendors by giving us pointers and things to look for when choosing and reassured us whenever we needed it. She was also prompt in responding when we had questions and she was so organized! She is amazing at what she does!