Eventology Weddings Reviews

101 | Houston, TX

101 Reviews for Eventology Weddings

Austin Lewellen · Getting married on 12/01/2020

The perfect day-of planner

Kelly was FANTASTIC! We found her rather last minute, and she was able to swoop in and take care of every little detail that we almost certainly would have overlooked. She helped us feel calm and taken care of, so we could focus on the most important thing: getting married!

Sent on 09/05/2020

Ladonna Littlejohn · Married on 06/13/2020

Wonderful Beyond Words!

I can't imagine planning my daughter's wedding without Kelly. She was so helpful every step of the way and a godsend when we had to change venues at the last minute due to Covid. She made sure everyone had everything they needed, was so thoughtful and considerate and really made the day perfect. Kelly went above and beyond our expectations and I would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 09/30/2020
  • Ally

Ally Smither · Married on 01/12/2020

Kelly and her team are the ONLY people you should hire for your wedding!

Kelly and her team UNBELIEVABLE. We found her just about two weeks before our wedding when we realized we really needed someone to help. Our meeting was so helpful and she helped us create a system so nothing fell through the cracks. Day of she was perfect. Everything went so smoothly, I barely noticed that everything was happening. We had a bunch of tiny details (like a temp tattoo station) that she made sure were perfect. She even handled a couple of strange situations we had to deal with from people being, well, people. I knew I could trust her and everyone she worked with and that knowledge let me relax and have the best wedding day ever. Would 10/10/10 recommend her!!

Sent on 09/05/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Koch-Chelly · Married on 10/06/2019

Day of Perfection ❤️

KELLY IS FABBBBBBULOUS! I can’t tell you how impressed and thankful we were for her. Kelly was recommended to us throughout venue The Parador as a planner. After lots of research, she was the perfect fit for us. We chose to do her day of package as we had picked a few things on our own. TOTALLY WORTH IT! She gave us a very detailed paper on what we got with our package, and followed everything exact as said. She was also flexible with scheduling our meetings which was a bonus for us! She had everything organized and precise and followed the timeline perfect. My husband and I felt NO STRESS the day of. Everything was perfect! We can’t thank you enough Kelly! If you’re considering a day of coordinator or full planning, please reach out to her! She is absolutely worth it!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Erica Talosig · Married on 09/11/2019

The Best Wedding Planner!

My new husband and I first met Kelly about 1 year ago, where we were greeted by her big smile and energetic personality. We opted for her comprehensive services where she assisted us with everything imaginable when it comes to planning a wedding. Simply put, Kelly played a key role in making our wedding the wedding of our dreams.

When it comes to wedding planning, Kelly is very experienced having worked in the industry for many years. She has planned literally hundreds of beautiful and successful weddings. She has connections with dozens of vendors, whether it be venues, bands, florists, décor, you name it. In addition, Kelly was available, pretty much anytime we needed her. She was able to accommodate our busy schedules and many times, she met us after business hours and at locations that were conducive to us. If we needed to communicate with her, it was not a problem contacting her by email and her personal cell phone. Although wedding planning can be stressful, I never saw Kelly frustrated. She was always cool and calm, handing every situation well.

I am not exaggerating when I say Kelly helped us out with everything. She set up over a dozen venues for us to explore not only for our wedding reception, but also our rehearsal dinner. In addition, she found our band, food vendor, florists, photo booth, created and printed our programs and seating chart, amongst other things. Because she is so well connected in the industry, she was able to find us the best deals, which added up to thousands of dollars saved.

What really left a positive impression on us was how she was there hand and foot for our rehearsal dinner and reception. For example, more people showed up to our rehearsal dinner than planned and they were without seats. She took care of this without us even knowing until later. Another example is that for our reception, she personally stringed outdoor lights, wrapped 200 champagne glass party favors (which allowed our groomsmen to party it up the night before) and she even picked up a red bull for my husband when he needed a boost before cocktail hour!

If you’re looking for someone to plan your dream wedding, Kelly is the person. I would give her a 10 star rating if this website allowed me. She is the best!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Carolyn

Carolyn Ballesty · Married on 07/12/2019

A Beautiful Forever After

Months later, guests still talk about “The best wedding we’ve ever attended.” Thanks to Kelly, we all had an amazing time and everything ran perfectly. Her expertise, exuberance, and flexibility made the planning process creative and fun. My daughter had a detailed vision of what she wanted. Kelly made that vision come to life. She has strong relationships with vendors, who responded to her immediately so that all of our questions and concerns were quickly addressed. She offered suggestions that proved to be invaluable. She took care of things that never even occurred to us. Eventology, with Kelly at the helm, was the best investment we made for the celebration of our daughter’s wedding. We highly recommend Kelly to help you start the first of many amazing events in your life.

The right wedding planner will help make your dreams a reality - but only if you pick the right one. At the time that we called Kelly, we were feeling stressed and overwhelmed. We were six months out with many unanswered questions, over budget, far behind schedule, and a wedding planner who offered to refund our money because she was changing careers! From our first phone call, we knew Kelly was the right person for the job. She was so calm, re-assuring, and understanding. Kelly customized her service to meet our needs and put us at ease. After meeting with us, Kelly took the reigns with the vendors that we had already booked; she knew them well. Contracts were clarified which saved us money, meetings were arranged and questions were answered. Once Kelly became involved, the only stress this MOB felt was watching the weather forecast. I’m not sure how much influence Kelly had with that, but it was such a beautiful weekend that all of our out of town guests fell in love with Houston in December.

Sent on 05/13/2020
  • Kate

Kate Roberts · Married on 06/22/2019

Hire kelly now

Kelly is amazing and made all my wedding dreams come true. I live in Los Angeles and was able to plan a pretty big wedding in Galveston with her help. I worked with her for a year and a half to create my dream wedding and there is no way I could have done it without her. She was always so on top of everything and went to tons of vendor meetings with me. When I would come in town she always made sure to make the best use of my time and was super efficient with all our meetings. She was never pushy on wanting me to hire one of her vendors and was always very honest with what peoples/vendor strong suits are or if what I wanted was possible/practical/fit in my budget etc. She was such a joy to work with and worth every penny. I had a pretty specific vision in mind and she truly made it come to life and my day could not have been more perfect. She also had so many great ideas that I hadn't thought of or seen yet. My wedding day felt so organic and like everything just magically happened even though Kelly was behind the scenes MAKING everything happen. The day of she never stressed me out or worried me with anything she just took care of it. Working with Kelly was a breeze and I cannot recommend her enough. When you DO hire her, trust her - she knows what she is doing!

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 04/06/2019

Kelly helped us plan our dream wedding

We couldn't have had the wedding of our dreams without Kelly! She did a amazing job helping us plan for a year & a half. When I met with Kelly I instantly felt a connection because she really listened to my needs! I met with a few planners before Kelly and I could tell from the start they were not gonna listen to my fiancé's concern about keeping to our budget. Some planners even told me that I need to add another $10k to my wedding to really have it the "wedding of my dreams". That's great, but I don't know where I would find this 10k. LOL! Kelly is going to listen to your needs, care about your budget, and fight for you as a couple to get the best vendors possible! Kelly is a true professional & she's been a coordinator for years so she is able to give you great recommendations for vendors. We were able to find our dream venue through Kellys recommendation. Which was the star of our wedding! We also relied on Kelly for recommendations for our photographer, caterer, officiant, rentals, cake. All of those vendors turned out fabulous!!! Day of our wedding Kelly was also on it! Everything went smoothly for us and Kelly handled any issues and vendor coordination. People will tell you, you don't need a wedding planner but Kelly paid for herself by getting us the best deals on vendors and honestly your sanity is worth it! We got so many compliments on our wedding & we are so happy we with our big day! I would highly recommend hiring Kelly to coordinate/plan your wedding! Thanks Kelly we appreciate you :)

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Emily

Emily Keim · Married on 03/02/2019

Amazing Day-of Coordinator

My husband and I enjoyed working with Kelly. I used Kelly for day-of coordinating. I had planned and arranged everything for my wedding all by myself, so when Kelly stepped in the week before it was like an angel came down from heaven to help me... haha! She was helpful and had a lot of ideas that I hadn't thought of yet. On the weekend of, Kelly was great at "herding cats"... AKA, my family and friends, at our rehearsal. On the day of our wedding, we were behind schedule (due to venue, not because of Kelly!) and Kelly helped get everything back on track. Also, Kelly really did a great job styling all of my decor items for our wedding. I'm so appreciative that I had someone who understood my vision available to me on my wedding day.

Sent on 04/10/2019
  • Janell

Janell Ng · Married on 02/16/2019

A dream to work with!!

Kelly with Eventology was a dream to work with!! From our very first consultation, she was full of ideas that would fit our budget and style. She recommended our venue, florist, DJ, rental company, and bakery for our groom's cake. We were beyond impressed with all of her vendor selections!! Kelly also had great cost effective tips for us leading up to the wedding. On the day of the wedding, Kelly made sure that everything ran smoothly and that my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing! She really went above and beyond from start to finish. Kelly even spent over an hour helping us inflate our grand exit favors. Talk about dedication!! We are so happy we entrusted Kelly for our special day.

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn · Married on 06/28/2018

Wonderful to work with!

Kelly did a great job, and helped us immensely on the craziest day I've ever experienced! Couldn't have done it without her.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Lyndsey · Married on 12/16/2017

Hiring Kelly as my day of coordinator was the best decision I made during wedding planning. We hired her on late notice, around 4-6 weeks out, but she fortunately wasn't already booked for our wedding weekend. She immediately jumped right in on where I was in the planning and coordinating process and provided great advice on the schedule for the day, the order of events for the reception, etc. She met with us for almost 2 hours around 2 weeks before the wedding to iron out all the details, and we had a few calls and emails the week of. Then the day of the wedding she was there hours before she was contracted to be at the reception site (we had ceremony at our church and reception off-site, and only hired her for coordination at the reception), just to ensure vendors were getting set up and everything was running smoothly. From the moment we arrive at the reception site I knew we were in good hands. She seamlessly directed us through our reception and kept everything running on schedule. We weren't aware until the morning, but our DJ apparently tried to leave mid-reception and take his equipment! Can you imagine? Our wedding would have been a disaster. Unbeknownst to us, Kelly sprang into action and contacted the DJ company to demand the original DJ stayed until our replacement DJ arrived.
    Thank you SO much Kelly for everything- our wedding was so memorable and fun! I HIGHLY recommend Kelly as a day of coordinator.

Sent on 02/09/2018

Katie · Married on 11/25/2017

We are so happy that we ended up choosing Kelly as our planner/coordinator. We were planning a 750 person wedding in Houston while living in San Francisco. We ended up hiring Kelly for partial planning services and day of coordinating. She made a huge difference in providing recommendations for vendors that she trusts, and since she's been in the business for some time, we really needed her expertise. Trying to schedule interviews with vendors while working a full time job in a different time zone was nearly impossible. Kelly acted as our liason between vendors and even met with them while we were in SF. Throughout the process, she was less responsive in the beginning but definitely made up for it near the end. Leading up to the wedding, we texted all the time! She did not limit our communication which is something I really appreciated. We had a small ceremony at River Oaks Garden Club before our large reception, and we ended up changing vendors for the chair rentals and light snacks. Kelly pulled through and found us rentals, wait staff, sound system within a month before our wedding. She tries to help you get the best bang for your buck in all the vendors and is not afraid to negotiate pricing. This is definitely something I preferred to not do! On the day of the wedding, she had two assistants working with her. She was willing to run last minute errands like pick up our large Tiff's Treats order before the wedding. I truly felt like there was nothing to worry about with her help! Kelly's pricing is extremely reasonable, and we are so happy we found her!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Lorimar · Married on 10/21/2017

Kelly was amazing, wonderful, and incredible!!! I did the Full Wedding Plan and it was the best decision I made since I lived out of town. The vendors she recommended were incredible and the day of the wedding was amazing. I didn’t had to worry about anything. She took care of the vendors and went above and beyond with my ideas. My expectations were already high but everything went above my expectations! Nothing short of beautiful and amazing!
    Thanks Kelly! Recommended 100%! Will use her again for any event with my eyes closed!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Nada · Married on 09/23/2017

Kelly was amazing! I felt so comfortable from the first time we met and not stressed one bit of how things would turn out. She was def on point with everything and made sure all the vendors were coordinated. Our wedding went so smoothly, I couldn't ask for a better night! Thank you Kelly for everything!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Rimir · Married on 09/01/2017

Kelly at Eventology is seriously AMAZING! We went with the day-of coordinating service, and Kelly absolutely went above and beyond and knocked it out of the park! We decided to hire Kelly because we could tell she really understood our style and vision from the initial meeting. Then Hurricane Harvey hit just days before the big event and tried to throw a wrench in all our plans, but Kelly went out of her way to ensure every last detail came together perfectly. Thanks to all her hard work, we were able to FULLY experience and enjoy our wedding despite all the chaos that week. I wholeheartedly recommend Kelly and Eventology to anyone considering a wedding in Houston! I don't know what we would have done without them.

Sent on 10/13/2017

Danielle · Married on 06/17/2017

If you are looking for somebody that is friendly, detail oriented, professional, attentive and a lot of fun to work with while keeping your wishes at the center of it all, then look no further! I have known Kelly for a while now and can attest to her creative and beautiful artistic approach to events. She created beautiful and very detailed birthday parties when our girls were younger so I knew when it came time for my wedding she was the person I needed to help me!

I had a budget in place and she was very willing and capable to work with that, bringing my vision to life. I was able to go through the day not worried about a single thing and knowing that my mother was able to relax and enjoy the wedding and not worry about any details either made it even more special for me.

Even though we hired Kelly for day of services, she helped throughout. She helped connect us with different vendors to check out, attended vendor meetings, helped come up with seating plans and gave us input on things like linen colors, menu advice, and floor layouts.

When it came to the day of, I don’t remember having to worry about a single detail! Kelly made everything run so smoothly and beautifully that I really was able to just enjoy my day and take it all in. From lighting to wax dripping on table cloths, to helping fix my dress and everything in between, Kelly handled it all.

I had so many compliments on what a beautiful wedding it was and that the pace was very good without that dreaded awkward dead time.

If you want to be able to know that your wedding will run smoothly so you can enjoy it and watch all of your visions of your fairytale wedding, that you have thought about ever since you were a little girl l, come to life then hire Kelly. She won’t let a detail go unnoticed and you will be forever thankful!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Sheridan · Married on 06/10/2017

Kelly Balfour of Eventology Weddings is 5-stars. As good as it gets. She was so warm and accommodating. We just loved working with her. Our initial planning meeting went longer than probably necessary just because we enjoyed talking to her so much. She helped get everything set up, managed our vendors, made sure my husband and I knew where to be, what to do, and when to do it. Having her there the day of our wedding truly took the pressure off of me and my family so that we could really enjoy the day. I would recommend her a million times over. Kelly, thank you so much for making our special day so perfect!

Sent on 05/07/2018

carol · Married on 05/20/2017

Kelly was fantastic, and very professional and accommodating down to every last detail. Our special day couldn't have gone by smoother!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Vanessa · Married on 04/29/2017

Kelly is unbelievably awesome!! She really is the best wedding planner there is! My sister got married in 2009 and she used Kelly, so when I got married this past April, I knew the only choice would be Kelly. She was SOOO helpful, and made my wedding weekend go as smooth as possible. I couldn't imagine going through that weekend with out her and her team. They all did such an amazing job, and would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Rose · Married on 02/04/2017

I am so glad I went with Eventology for my wedding coordination. Kelly did an awesome job working with my venue to make sure everything went according to plan. We really benefited from her knowledge and connections in the wedding industry. Kelly went above and beyond to try to make sure our needs were met. There were slight hiccups at the reception, but we were pleased overall. Kelly was friendly and easy to work with. She was available when we needed her. I would highly recommend Eventology!

Sent on 02/12/2017

Sarah · Married on 01/14/2017

Eventology weddings was one of my favorite vendors to work with. Kelly went above and beyond to ensure that everything went off without a hitch. I decided to hire Kelly because I knew she understood my vision and the several cultural components of a mixed wedding. Our wedding had 2 entrances/processions, 4 dress changes, and over 400 guests. Kelly and her team handled it all with grace. She was thoughtful and mindful of all of my requests, and was such a pleasure to work with. Thanks to all of her hard work, we were able to truly enjoy our wedding day. I wholeheartedly recommend Eventology and Kelly to any bride in Houston! For a day as important as your wedding day, make sure to check out Eventology. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Laura · Married on 12/03/2016

I worked with Kelly Balfour for my December 3rd wedding. I hired her as a day-of coordinator. She was a DREAM. I didn't have to worry about a thing on my big day and everything ran flawlessly. Kelly was also extremely helpful in providing tips on various vendors in the Houston area. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Jessica · Married on 11/05/2016

Kelly is awesome

Kelly is the absolute best! She was truly a life saver! She made wedding planning and our day a breeze! I cannot recommend her more! I did not worry about one thing on my wedding day. I enjoyed my morning with my bridesmaids and family and didn’t lift a finger or feel I needed to coordinate a thing. I literally just showed up, took pictures, got married, and partied! During the planning process, Kelly made everything so easy. She is very quick to reply to emails or texts especially when you’re feeling overwhelmed. She is flexible and goes out of her way to make every detail special and unique to you! Since she is established in the business, she has so many wonderful recommendations for venders and ideas for decor. I went with several of her suggestions including photography, DJ, and cake. All were amazing! I only did the partial planning and day of coordinating plan with her, but I would recommend her to anyone wanting full planning. If I could do it again, I would have paid for it! She just made everything so easy and she was so sweet to work with! I highly recommend her. 10 out of 10 for sure! Worth every penny to make your day stress free and also beautiful!

Sent on 04/06/2020

Megan · Married on 10/15/2016

Kelly, the business owner, was my wedding planner for my 10/15/2016 wedding. I signed up for the month of package and Kelly provided above and beyond what is listed in her services sheet. She was absolutely amazing! I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about her and her talent. We met with her several times prior to the wedding, never felt rushed or like we were taking up too much of her time, and these meetings were invaluable as she had tons of last minute tips and tricks for things still on our to-do list and for things we didn’t even know needed to be on our to-do list. The day really would not have happened without her. She attended our food tasting, ran our rehearsal the day before the wedding, set up all of our decorations, ran the ceremony, made sure the night stayed on schedule, bustled my dress (which would have never happened without her), returned our rented cake stand, and even packed everything back into boxes so that all we had to do was pick it up the next day. While many wedding planners will list the ability to do all of the things I just listed, what really sets Kelly apart is willingness to go above and beyond in all of those tasks. For example, she set-up my entire wedding and there was tons to set-up. She listened to how I had envisioned everything looking and being set up and then took it to the entire next level! She was so creative with the items I had brought to decorate with and set things up in a way that was true to my vision, yet elevated. This can be said for the candy bar she set up in the middle of the reception, to the way she displayed our favors, down to all the photos she spread of us throughout the venue. I would highly recommend Kelly to any bride and she was a pure joy to work with!

Sent on 11/30/2016