Event Planning DC Reviews

25 Reviews for Event Planning DC

1 User photo

Event Planning DC 1

Adriana · Married on 09/26/2018

Michele was amazing to work with, she helped with decor ideas, vendor recommendations, she was always professional and extremely responsive. I believe she and her assistant Caryle went above and beyond for our wedding and everything came out beautifully. I highly recommend her services I am sad that I am no longer planning with her :-)

Taylor · Married on 10/28/2017

Michele and Kristina were more than we could've asked for. They helped plan, coordinate, and deliver beyond our expectations. My stress levels were very low as they were always responsive before the wedding day and they were on top of every minute the day of. Michele guided our wedding party and vendors with ease and worked hard, yet effortlessly allowing me to feel at ease. Kristina was also on top of every moment and went as far as bustling my dress and helping me specifically with things I, myself , wasn't even prepared for. I know they handled much more behind the scenes. I'm thankful for their passion to help and their organized fashion of doing so. Anyone who needs a coordinator in the D.C. Area, I highly recommend Event Planning DC.

Lindsay · Married on 10/06/2017

Michele and Debby with Event Planning DC were so wonderful to work with for so many reasons. First and foremost, they were so friendly and accommodating. We started working with them a year before our wedding so we spent lots of time together :) They were always willing to meet with us whenever we felt we needed to catch up or when we had questions about what to do next. They kept us on track with all the planning responsibilities with their very detailed checklist and a shared Google drive that made things easy to share and access. They were very responsive, always getting back to us in a timely manner, and we so helpful with contacting vendors or liaising between us and vendors. Our wedding day was absolutely magical! Perfect in every way. If anything changed or went wrong, we were not aware. They made our big day SO special and memorable... Michele even played the drums with our band during "Brick House" for us! Loved Event Planning DC and would highly recommend them!

JoAnn · Married on 07/29/2017

Michele Palmer, Debby Goldberg and their team were the month-of-coordinators for my son and daughter-in-law's recent wedding. It was so reassuring to know that one of them was only a phone call, text message or email away. All of our questions and concerns were answered promptly and professionally. I worked closely with Debby to secure transportation for our guests at the end of the evening back to the hotel. Since the venue and hotel were only three city blocks away we originally were not going to provide transportation to the venue earlier in the day. Then midweek the weather forecast changed and rain was forecasted for the day of the wedding. I sent an email to Debby with my concerns and she quickly contacted the transportation company, confirmed a vehicle would be available should we want it and gave me until the morning of the wedding to make a decision. Michele and her team took care of so many other details. These included creating a timeline, going on a site visit, securing rentals for the reception, contacting the vendors just before the wedding, printing the escort cards and creating a beautiful display of the cards on the escort table. At the end of the evening when we were all exhausted Michele and her intern Carly took care of all of the wedding gifts and even delivered them to my son and daughter-in-law the next day! The services Michele and her team provided were invaluable! They helped to make it a memorable and beautiful wedding day!

Megan · Married on 07/22/2017

Event Planning DC totally helped me create my dream wedding! These ladies are organized, knowledgeable, creative, and SO friendly! It was so easy to work with Michele throughout the whole process and she truly understood my wedding vision. Once the day of my wedding arrived I didn't have anything to worry about! The team completely took charge which allowed me to have the time of my life. I would highly recommend Event Planning DC to anyone with an upcoming event or wedding who is looking to create a beautiful, fun atmosphere in the most stress-free way possible!

Lexi · Married on 07/02/2017

Michele and her crew at Event Planning DC were AMAZING!! We couldn't imagine our special day without them. They helped with every aspect from floor plan to table numbers and keeping track of all of my 'maids' cell phones! You will not be sorry that you hired them!

Lindsey · Married on 10/22/2016

Michele & Crew were a blessing and so easy to work with. They start a month out from your date and take the reins of coordinating (re: rental delivery, cake delivery, venue, florist). She basically becomes your assistant so you can focus on the little things because it's always the littlest things that are the hardest to get through. Michele was so helpful when it came to suggestions and ideas if I was stuck between a decision or lost inspiration leading up to my big day. Her knowledge and connections are vast and even in a pinch she keeps it calm and helps solve the problem (my food truck pulled out on me weeks before the wedding and Michele got me setup with a caterer in no time). Michele and her team were present at the rehearsal and stayed after to tend to furniture placements and decorations too. On the day-of, she kept everyone to the set schedule yet staying behind the scenes as to not distract. I honestly do not know how I could've planned and executed my wedding without her and her team. I cannot stress enough how important and lifesaving it is to have a day-of wedding planner!!! This was by far the best money spent and the best ROI I received. Michele is truly a rockstar and a saving grace. You will not regret having her by your side on one of the most important days of your life!

Alanna · Married on 10/21/2016

I had the distinct pleasure of working with the incomparable Michele Palmer (and her dynamic team) for my recent wedding in October 2016. I hired Michele and her team to help with month-of wedding coordination. Initially, I thought I only needed someone to help set up the venue on the day of the wedding and handle week-of phone calls with the other vendors to make sure that everyone was on board and had the correct details. However, as this was my first time planning a wedding, and despite my tendency to be an extremely organized person, there were so many little things that Michele and her team took care of that I hadn’t even expected or anticipated and that helped my wedding go off without a hitch. I would ABSOLUTELY hire Michele and her team again, for any event I host, and merrily pay whatever price to secure her services. There are literally more kudos that I want to give Michele than wedding wire will give me space for, because I copy-pasted from Word and it cut off 2/3 of my review. Basically Michele made my vision a reality and did WAY more than I thought I needed, kept me sane, and really truly made the wedding go perfectly. I did not have bridesmaids and Michele and her team were 100% responsible for making it happen. Due to Michele and her team, my husband and I were able to enjoy our wedding and feel like guests at an event that we had been planning for months. Re-read that last sentence until it sinks in. We felt like GUESTS at our own wedding, not crazy stressed-out hosts. So amazing! Hire her! You will not regret it!

Galina · Married on 10/01/2016

I hired Michele Palmer to be my day-off wedding coordinator for my 220-person wedding, and I could not be more pleased with the services that Michele and her colleague, Debby, provided! FANTASTIC!!! The wedding day-off coordination service is more that just the "day-off" - Michele came out to the venue and went over details with me a month prior to the wedding, her and Debby attended the rehearsal dinner (and patiently waited for our tardy wedding party), and Michele was quick to answer any questions I had and give me advice in the months leading up to our wedding. During the actual wedding day, Michele and Debby made sure everything went smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Michele was also instrumental in providing me with great advice regarding asking my rental company for an early tent delivery - since it was expected to rain all week prior to our wedding. This ensured that the grass under the tent was relatively dry for our wedding day. Overall, I am soo extremely happy with the services. I searched around for wedding coordinators via Wedding Wire and Thumbtack, and after comparing the prices/services, Michele's company far exceeded everyone else in terms of value. I would 100% recommend Michele and her company to any future bride. Trust me, you need the help!!!

Kelsey · Married on 07/08/2016

We Plan You Party was amazing! Incredibly easy to work with, very flexible with my schedule and so creative. The ladies there really know what their doing and made my wedding a breeze from start to finish. I am so happy I decided to go with them. You won't regret it!

Eileen · Married on 11/07/2015

We loved working with Michele, Laura, and Brooke! We felt like we were their only clients. The team met with us on multiple occasions to understand our vision and help execute the wedding of our dreams. I was having trouble finding the right flowers, but Michele has many contacts in the area, so she recommended one that fit our needs perfectly! The day of we didn't have to worry about anything. Everything ran so smooth and if there were any issues or questions, the ladies were there to help make everything right again! I highly recommend We Plan- You Party for your event planning needs!

Andrea · Married on 09/25/2015

I was a lost bride, I only knew I wanted to have the opportunity to have fun with our family and friends on the special day. Michele and Laura were a great asset, they walked me through my ideas and took in consideration our budget to make it all possible. It was like they read our minds, they helped find the venue, decorations, the food and even the officiant! All we basically did was say yes and go to our wedding party. Once the day arrived they assisted with the entire day process, from being there before the ceremony and making sure everything was ready to go to assisting with coordinating our family and our party. What I enjoyed the most is that they are very friendly and accessible they make this process easy and take all your concerns in mind when making your big day possible.

We had a great experience with We plan your party. They made me enjoy planning and having a wedding when I always though it would be a nightmare.

Toni · Married on 08/02/2015

We Plan - You Party are wonderful to work with, they are extremely organized, they clearly know what they are doing and go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect.

I highly recommend their services.

Nicole · Married on 05/23/2015

We Plan - You Party more than exceeded our expectations! Michele was the one who guided me through all my planning, helped me with my vendors, and made sure I even had my checklist done of everything I needed to do (which wasn't much because she took care of everything!). From the very beginning she "got me", and planning was a breeze. Another important thing I feel like I need to mention is that communication was amazing. An email or phone call never went unanswered, and they were always prompt! Our wedding day was nothing short of a fairy tail, and we owe Michele and her team a huge thank you for that. I would recommend We Plan - You Party to everyone who needs any kind of event planning services!

David · Married on 05/23/2015

Michele was a delight in providing meaningful, relevant and creative approaches to the planning, coordination and execution of our daughter's outdoor plantation wedding and indoor barn reception. She was readily available, responsive and receptive to our needs and complemented the services of all vendors.

If your desire is to unlock the "perfect" wedding planned by a truly-committed, collaborative, creative and respectful professional, Michele Palmer is your key!

• Amy

Amy · Married on 05/02/2015

Thank you so much to Michele and Laura. I didn't think we needed a day of coordinator, to cut costs. I WAS WRONG!!! Our wedding ceremony and reception would not have happened perfectly (and it was perfect!) without them. They helped us wrangle in our wedding party, officiant and family on the rehearsal. We SO needed their help during the rehearsal to figure out timing and music. I always thought, all they have to do is walk down the aisle and stand in place. Well, the last thing YOU (bride and groom) want to do is worry about that on your rehearsal day. They were patient, provided expert advice to guide us all on the day of, and in the right direction . We had in person meetings prior to the wedding where they accommodated our schedules and came to our home to plan and listen to our vision. They helped me in dealing with an overbearing mother that wanted to be a part of every minute decision. But most important... they listened and I trusted them. They didn't need a lot of guidance and I was blown away by how they coordinated and organized all of the little things for the reception... The escort card table, the sweetheart table, all my signage.. It was SO AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how I could have pulled that all off without them. They have the experience and the right touch. They executed my vision and it was very classy and elegant. We Plan You Party helped in making all my wedding dreams come true. They are the best and I couldn't imagine you not using their expertise.

Jennifer · Married on 01/24/2015

Michele and Laura did a fantastic job working with my husband and I before, during and after the wedding. I came across WPYP during a final desperate Google search to try and find a coordinator who wasn't over priced and wouldn't waste my time. Throughout the entire process Michele never made us feel like a burden, was always prompt to every meeting and very responsive. She even helped us with last minute decor.

The day before the wedding the forecast called for snow. Michele was very prepared with the impending weather and made sure there was a back-up plan. As for the day of, she and Laura were both on time and ready to start the day. Every detail was spot on with the ceremony and reception. We were truly amazed at how everything came together and we had not one worry, thanks to them. Everything my husband and I imagined it would look like was multiplied by 10. It was aboslutely amazing how Laura and Michele were took our ideas and diagrams and turned it into a day to remember. They worked very well with our vendors and we never had one complaint because they took care of everything. If you are looking for an excellent team, go with WPYP. They will go above and beyond to make sure you are worry free and taken care of.

Megan · Married on 10/25/2014

Michele and her group was absolutely amazing! She turned every request into reality and made my wedding better and more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. I would recommend her to anyone who wants to have the wedding of their dreams!

Emily · Married on 08/16/2014

Michele and Laura are absolutely amazing and I highly suggestion them for any type of event! They were such a delight to work with that I now consider them friends. I hired them as day of planner for my wedding about 30 days before the wedding date and they jumped right in and help me with all details and logistics for the day so I didn't have to think about anything. They worked with all of the vendors I hired to coordinate and schedule out the day of the wedding as well as the details needed before the day. They also came to every meeting with me that I had at the hotel(reception site) from the day I hired them to the day before the wedding. They were there to protect me and my ideas and vision for my wedding day. Every email I sent with questions was answered within hours if not sooner. And trust me, I sent a lot of emails :-) My wedding was amazing and I owe it to them for it being possible. They were able to source signs and décor I wanted last minute, the day before the wedding!!There were some hiccups that happened the "Day of" but I didn't even know about them because Michele and Laura from hotel to the church helped smooth it all out and knew what I wanted and were able to make decisions for me. They really do it all, the hotel coordinator left before my desserts were plated, so Michele and Laura were in the kitchen plating desserts for the buffet. And the last song of the night Michele, the multi-talented lady that she is, played the drums with our band!! Honestly, their professionalism, coordinating skills and genuine care and passion for their events make these two the BEST!

Deborah · Married on 06/14/2014

Michele was fabulous! She worked with me to provide the specific services I requested and she made the day completely stress-free!

Abby · Married on 10/06/2018

We had a wonderful experience working with Event Planning DC for our wedding. Our special day could not have gone better (really!) and Michele and her team played a huge role in making it a success. We loved how Michele listened to what we wanted and did everything she could to make sure our wedding was true to us, while providing really helpful insights and guidance.

Michele served as our month-of coordinator, and we are SO glad that we had her leading up to the wedding. From a logistical standpoint, Michele provided incredibly helpful guidance a number of decisions (from day-of timeline and vendor drop-offs to escort cards and the final food counts, and more), and took the lead on coordinating with each of our vendors to ensure all went smoothly day-of. Knowing we could depend on Michele and Carly for all these details provided such peace of mind.

Beyond that, Michele helped us to create a vision for our wedding that was beautiful and true to what we wanted – romantic, warm and elegant - tying together linens, flowers and lighting details to create a breathtaking space. She brought us ideas for décor that complimented our flowers while staying in budget. When we walked in the room on the day of our wedding, we were so delighted to see it all come together, from what we had planned together to Michele’s gorgeous touches! Just WOW!

Event Planning DC 2

Kc · Married on 08/12/2018

Michele and her assistant Valerie were such an awesome help on the day of our wedding. Michele made sure we had everything straight after planning on our own for a year, and put all of our details into place. She and Valerie kept us on track while we got distracted with all of our friends and family but also let us keep the evening our own. I would recommend them to anyone to ensure an event they can actually enjoy!

A. · Married on 06/15/2018

Michele and Event Planning DC was great to work with! Very friendly staff willing to help make your special day less stressful. They were there for us when some other vendors caused some hiccups in our plans - and for that we will always be grateful! They also helped us shop around a bit for some other vendors we enjoyed working with too.

Susan · Married on 05/02/2015

Michele and Laura could not have been nicer to work with. They thought of so many more things that we thought we had covered. Our group would still be trying to figure out in what order to walk down the aisle if it wasn't for them taking charge (it was a little like herding cats).
    The wedding was at the Bolger Center and the dining room has a small dip in the floor as you walk in. Michele stood at the entrance and made sure no one tripped. That was just a small example of their thoughtfulness.