Essence Photo & Video Reviews

Essence Photo & Video 5
Essence Photo & Video 6
Essence Photo & Video 7

Rachael R · Getting married on 02/15/2020

A great company to work with

We had an amazing experience working with Essence Photography. Before going into the first meeting (we booked online several weeks ahead of time), I didn't really know what to expect - my assumption was that we would receive a brief (15 minutes tops) session outlining services and costs and then we'd be on our way. It only took a few minutes meeting with Chris to realize he would completely exceed our initial expectations and then some. The first meeting lasted more than an hour - Chris was extremely thorough and helped us brainstorm the best ways to optimize our photography/videography while maintaining our budget, and all of this was before we even committed to Essence. The fact that he spent so much time working through options with us, and never once made us feel like we were taking up too much time, meant so much to us both personally and as customers. We would absolutely recommend Essence to anyone looking for professional photography, whether it's a wedding or something else - the quality is incredible, the cost is reasonable, and the staff/owners really care about their clients.

Sent on 02/10/2019

Andrea · Getting married on 09/22/2019

Our experience with Chris was awesome! He was the only vendor to take the time to call me immediately after inquiring info and met with us right away.

During our meeting, Chris was very transparent and did an excellent job at answering all of our questions. He was not overwhelming and did not make us feel pressured into making our decision right then and there.

We are very impressed with their services and their price for the quality that they provide. - We are excited to work with Essence Photo & Video and would highly recommend them to our friends and family!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Alyssa · Getting married on 09/14/2019

We met with Chris at Essence last weekend to see if they would be a good fit for our upcoming wedding and the appointment was a breeze.

I had submitted a request for pricing on their website and Chris followed up with a phone call to go over all the details and address any of our questions or concerns. He even met with us on a Saturday evening so my fiancé and I could both be at the appointment.

When it came time to discuss which plan worked best for our wedding he offered multiple options an tailered a package to fit all of our needs.

I would highly recommend Essence Photo & Video for your big day, we cannot wait to continue to work with them.

Sent on 05/31/2018

Alyssa · Getting married on 08/31/2019

Today, my fiancé (Zack) and I had the pleasure of meeting with Mike from Essence photography and videography. Zack and I recently got engaged and have begun the very intimidating process of planning our wedding. Both Zack and I are not the most photogenic people in the world so meeting with photographers was one thing we were a bit nervous about. Approximately five minutes into the meeting, both Zack and I knew we wanted Essence to be our photographer and videographers (as well as providing us with a photobooth!).
    Walking into this meeting, I expected to meet for about 20 minutes, discuss pricing, wedding information, etc. Instead, the meeting lasted for about an hour and was centered around getting to know Zack and I. Mike asked us about our engagement, how we met, our family, what we were truly looking for in a photographer, and much more. Mike made us feel like he didn’t just want to show up at our wedding and take the “normal” pictures that everyone takes. Instead, he wanted to photograph our wedding day to creatively reflect our relationship and who we truly are, in additional to capturing the “normal”/ “traditional” wedding shots. After really getting to know Zack and I, Mike walked us through the online portal that Essence offers which allows couples to be in constant contact with their photographers. Additionally, we were able to see various wedding albums that displayed some of the amazing work that Essence does, as well as watching an example wedding video.
    The one thing that really confirmed my interest in Essence photography was the genuine advice that Mike offered to us. He gave us so much advice that took away some of the stress and “not-knowing” that comes with the beginning steps of planning a wedding. The advice that he offered was very genuine and not in a direction that was pushing us to spend more money. It was very clear that he just wanted us to have the perfect wedding day.

Sent on 01/17/2018

Katie · Getting married on 08/17/2019

After becoming engaged and booking a majority of our vendors for our wedding, my fiancé and I began the nerve-wracking task of selecting a photographer and videographer for our engagement and wedding photos. After hearing countless horror stories from family and friends about their experiences with photo and video from companies they selected, we knew we wanted to take our time and choose the best company for us that fell within our budget but did not sacrifice on quality. After all, we knew at the end of our wedding all we would have to take with us is our photos and video so we wanted to put a lot of energy and time into this selection.
    Essence was the first company we met with after finding them online, and right from the start we could tell what a great fit they were. We met with Chris who was thorough, personable, and went out of his way to understand us as a couple and what our needs were. Our interaction never felt like a sales pitch, but that he truly wanted us to feel comfortable with what Essence had to offer. Their packages were customizable and we were able to add an engagement session, second photographer, and album all without feeling we were breaking the bank. We even had the opportunity to view demos of several photographers they had on staff to make sure their style matched what we wanted. Of course since Essence was the first company we met with, we went to go see two other companies (1 independent and 1 high volume) and at the end we went back to Essence as their package best fit our needs. An added bonus was their video package included a cinematic 3-5 minute trailer that we were unable to match at the other companies. Through their online portal we have already been able to schedule our engagement session with Karen, their wedding coordinator, and I will say we are impressed by the quick response times and like the fact everything is stored in a central location so we don’t have to go back-and-forth over emails.

Sent on 08/08/2018
  • Izabella

Izabella · Getting married on 06/29/2019

I am writing this review in a reflection of my consultation with Essence Photography.

As I began my search for a photographer, I went through probably at least 15-20 companies' portfolios that I had found through WW. Yes, every single photo of each portfolio because I am that picky. I was able to narrow it down to about 8 companies I liked. After that, I looked at reviews and general pricing info that was available on WW. And alas, I found myself with a top 5 that fiancé and I liked, including Essence. We met Essence at a bridal expo, along with 2 other companies from our top 5, and Essence left us feeling the happiest. Mike was professional, informational, and not pushy with sales. We decided to proceed with booking a consultation, and I am VERY glad I did!
    We got to meet with Mike again, and rather than him just sitting us down and shoving pricing & sales pitches down our throats, Mike talked with us to get to know us better as a couple. He tried his best to get a general understanding of our personalities, our families, and what we are looking for in a photographer. It was a very laid back experience, laughs were shared, and Mike helped us better understand what we should look for in a photographer. He was really good at explaining things we had never known, and also brought our attention to things we never knew to look for. Of the 4 pages of questions I brought into our consultation (told ya, I'm picky!), there were only 2 that Mike had not touched on.
    After the experience we had at Essence, we are canceling a previously set consultation we had made with one of their competitors, as we have realized how much the experience and bond you have with your photographer means, meaning, we do not want a big chain company that's just there to make some $$$.
    Thank you, Mike, for such a pleasurable experience and for all your help!

Sent on 01/24/2018

Lisa Seitz · Married on 06/02/2019

Great experience!

We met with Chris to talk about photo and video options for our wedding and had such a positive experience. He thoroughly explained all of the options and the packages that would work best for us. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and really seemed interested about learning about my fiance and I. We were unimpressed with the two consultations we had with other photography companies prior to meeting with Chris so we were not necessarily looking forward to our meeting. However, meeting with him was exactly what we were hoping for. We are very much looking forward to our big day and look forward to working with Essence!

Sent on 12/30/2018
  • VIRGINIA

VIRGINIA · Married on 06/02/2019

Amazing team of professionals

When my (now) husband and I met with the owner, Mike, we instantly clicked and loved his candor. So, when he mentioned he would not be the photographer for our wedding, I admit I was skeptical, but something about his confidence and the fact that he seemed to "get us", eased my mind. He did not disappoint.

I can't say enough great things about Ryan. Within the first minute of our conversation, we knew he was the right fit for us. He communicated with my bridal party and offered guidance without being pushy. He blended in well with our guests and didn't feel invasive. He truly made us feel comfortable and was such a pleasure working with. We strongly recommend Ryan and look forward to seeing all the images captured from our magical day.

Mike you're a match maker! Karen, you are a rock star!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Kelli · Married on 05/26/2019

So far just have met with Chris but he was awesome. He took the extra time to call me and find out my needs while other places just emailed me. He came in on his day off to meet with my mom and me. I love their online portal to have communication with everyone. They also have back up people in case anything happens which really makes my stress level go down. I will update again later!!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Sara Stiegal · Married on 05/26/2019

They are great!

We first met with Chris to talk about different packages, and he helped us decide the package that would best fit our needs. He also recommended getting a photo booth, which I highly recommend because everyone had a blast with it. They have this super cool online portal that you can access any time. They let you view the portfolios of different photographers and pick which one you like best. The portal also allows you to communicate with Karen, who answers any questions you may have. Karen was able to help us pick a great picture location near our venue. About a week before our wedding, our photographer was in an accident and was injured and unable to photograph our wedding. Essence automatically assigned another photographer to our wedding and he was AMAZING. He was super friendly from the beginning, and let me know what was happening every step of the way. Michael was able to recommend a cute place for my husband and I to take our first look pictures. He also was able to deal with our crazy families. He was glued to my side the entire time and was able to get pictures with anyone who asked to take a picture. I was so incredibly happy with everything that Essence was able to do for my husband and I. I would definitely recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 05/18/2019

I went to a Bridal Show and talked to a rep for Essence and looked at there sample books and loved there quality of work right off the bat. We met with Mike for a meeting to discuss budget and options and the meeting went really well. They discussed all the options and packages with sample books and videos which made the decision process even easier for us. Mike explained that we would get an email from them to a website to provide the photographer all the info on pictures that were most important to us and we thought that was pretty cool that they would incorporate what we liked into our special day. As of right now everything has gone great and I would highly recommend Essence Photo & Video for your special day, we cannot wait to continue to work with them.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Melissa · Married on 05/18/2019

Great Company to work with!

We first met with Chris during our consultation and he made us feel so comfortable and kindly answered all of our questions (we had a lot haha) We went over the different packages they offered. He showed us photo and video samples and we loved their work! We knew we wanted to work with them as soon as we saw their talent! They provided us with an online portal so if we ever needed help planning or has any questions we can easily login and Karen would answer through the portal! Super easy to use and super convenient! We had Chris as our photographer and Patrick as our Videographer the day of the wedding. Chris was super energetic and outstanding to work with! He was super outgoing and came prepared with a lot of posing ideas for myself, my fiancé, and bridal party. We talked over all the details a few days in advance to make sure we were on the same page. He made everyone feel super confident and comfortable! Patrick was great, friendly, and super professional! He showed up on time and made sure we had enough time to make it to the next location to set up his equipment. I can't wait to see our photos and video soon! Thank you Essence!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Rachel · Married on 05/04/2019

If you're not sure where to start with photo/video for your wedding, go with Essence- they know what they are doing. Chris is extremely easy to work with. He did a very good job of putting together a great package for us that was customized to our needs. It was a quick, sit down haggle-free, transparent experience. Plus, you get to pick out your photographer and upload types of pictures you like to the online portal. Price is good too for the quality! We are VERY happy we have chose Essence photography and video. The photos we have seen are beautiful, high quality, and the videography they provide is top notch!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Jill · Married on 03/02/2019

I worked with Essence as a Maid of Honor in my sister's wedding and our photographer Ben was great to work with. We were facing rain and he was able to fit in all of the photos we wanted while still having a great time with us. We laughed like you wouldn't believe and the photos turned out great. Booking Essence for my own wedding this spring and I was very impressed with their flexibility! Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Jacklyn · Married on 01/04/2019

After looking everywhere and not finding anything that I was looking for until I found Essence at a bridal show this past June. I immediately needed to book them for my big day. It was like finding the perfect dress or the perfect venue all over again. I visited the Schaumburg location for my meeting and right there I knew I was going to sign a contract 5 minutes in. The staff is amazing they make you feel like you are part of the family. You're honestly paying for what you're getting and that's amazing photo and video. At amazing prices. This is the place to go. Look no further.

Sent on 08/30/2017
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 12/08/2018

I met with Essence because i was interested in photography, videography and photobooth for my wedding and a friend recommended them. I had a consultation with Mike and was very impressed with the professionalism and detail he went into. Mike painted a clear picture of how my wedding day would look and even included samples of video so i would know what the video would come out like. Being a detail orientated person, i was very excited to see the portal Essence uses to keep the client and photographer in the "loop" with each other. I am happy to say that i 100% will be booking with this company, and i now have a piece of mind that my wedding day will be captured perfectly!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Taylor · Married on 11/17/2018

My fiancé and I just recently booked with Essence for our November 2018 wedding, and we are beyond pleased with this company so far! They are so friendly, accommodating, and client-oriented! Chris was a great help and made our decision to book so easy. The pictures taken by them that we have seen are absolutely beautiful! We are so excited to work with this company next fall for our wedding :)

Sent on 09/03/2017

Randi · Married on 11/17/2018

Excited to have booked with Essence! They photographed my soon to be brother-in-laws wedding a few years back and we were happy with the work, then meeting with them was great too. There's a lot that goes into planning the wedding and meeting with Chris he really helped us figure out the best packaging for US rather than being really pushy with getting everything, which is such a nice relief when you have so much else to worry about while planning!
    We met with more than just them and overall everything offered, being able to personalize it and not take what we don't need while adding in what matters to us, the pricing was VERY competitive and they were very thorough with the consultation. Will keep posted as time goes on but as of right now very happy with how everything has gone!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Andrea · Married on 11/02/2018

We met with Essence because they did a close friend's wedding and we loved their pictures and video so we decide to try them out. Our consultation was with Chris, and we connected right away. They care about your budget and the vision that you have for your wedding. They addressed all the question I had for them and it was quite a few let me say. Of course after the consultation, I came up with many more questions to ask and Chris was super responsive which is a big plus for me because I hate when you meet with someone and they take days to respond. I love that he had a sense of urgency to every call and email from us! We have met with a few other places and Essence is the best fit by far for what they offer and at a great price. If you are on the fence on visiting them, just do it! You don't have nothing to lose but a lot to gain from them!!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Evan C · Married on 10/28/2018

Incredible

Essence Photo and Video was just a wonderful experience! Chris worked with my wife and I a lot on our package and pricing to get us everything we wanted and needed and within our budget. We will definitely be using them again in the future for other events and HIGHLY recommend for anybody getting married or needs for any other types of events.

Sent on 10/15/2018

rachel · Married on 10/20/2018

This was our first and last stop when it came to photography. Chris was very thorough and made sure that our desired style was a match to their photographers. They are a very modern company with new advances and I can not wait to see how our photos come out from our wedding.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Kevin · Married on 10/20/2018

Chris with Essence photo was the best experience I have had with choosing a photography. They really customize the experience when it comes to your taste in photography styles along with the photographer. I have complete confidence in this company and I am looking forward to working with them to create a memorable experience.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Andrea · Married on 10/07/2018

Mike was amazing to work with. He took the time to get to know us in order to understand what we were looking for. I can't wait to see the pictures from our big day! Thank you Essence Photography

Sent on 12/01/2017

JEFFERY · Married on 10/06/2018

If you are looking for wedding photography we would highly recommend going through Essence Photography. Our consultant was Chris Sigl we are so grateful we were paired up with him. He did an amazing job informing us of the products and services Essence Photography has to offer. The communication between Chris and ourselves could not have been better, he was always there whenever we had a question comment or concern. Chris is very knowledgeable, helpful and personable but the best part was that he did not try to push Essence Photography down our throat. He asked us what we wanted out of our wedding photography and told us how he could give us the service and products we wanted in our budget. We are so grateful we met Chris and checked photography off of our wedding To Do List.

Sent on 08/20/2017