Erica Gray Beauty Company Reviews

Erica Gray Beauty Company 1
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 05/11/2019

Artist and professional

Erica is a true artist and professional, while still being a great person to hang out with for the morning of your wedding! She made my crew feel beautiful. I absolutely loved my hair!

Sent on 07/10/2019
    Erica Gray Beauty Company 2

Amanda · Married on 06/03/2016

I hired Erica for hair & makeup for a boudoir, bridal portraits, & my wedding. I absolutely adore how she made me look for all three occasions! She listened to what I wanted & combined what I liked from multiple pictures into one cohesive look. Even with all the dancing I did at my wedding, my hair stayed in place. I definitely recommend Erica for all your hair & makeup needs!

Sent on 06/23/2016
  • BKPaints

Brittany · Married on 10/03/2015

I heard about Erica’s incredible talent through our preferred vendor’s list from Pearl Events Austin. After having a previous hair and makeup trial elsewhere, Erica knocked it out of the park with her styling and artistic ability! I also hired her to do my hair and makeup for our engagement portraits and finally for our wedding. On the day of, she kept me calm and cool while giving me a simple blowout (I had changed my mind last minute for what I wanted) and it was great because I didn’t get worked up from nervousness! I’m sure hairdressers and artists see all sorts of crazy things go down on the day of a wedding, but she was so reliable to make sure we had plenty of time to get ready and beautified for the big day! We hired her for an extra hour to come with us to the wedding venue for touchups and the flower girl’s hair do. Erica is very knowledgeable with most beauty brands of makeup and hair products and is great for brides who want a catered and unique sense of style!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Laura · Married on 07/12/2014

I LOVED Erica! I have very fine and thin hair and I wanted a more full up do and she pulled it off wonderfully! All of my bridesmaids could hardly believe how full and great my hair looked! We did a trial session together before my bridals which gave us a chance to get to know each other as well as find my perfect wedding day style before the day of. The day of the wedding she arrived right on time with all of her assistants at my parents house. They used time effectiently to get hair and make up done for all 5 bridesmaids, two moms and me. All of the girls loved their hair and make up and were happy with the final product. Erica, not an assistant, gave everyones hair and makeup a final check before leaving. She is extremely talented and her prices were very reasonable. I would highly recommend her as your wedding day hair and make up lady.

Sent on 07/25/2014

Kendrick · Married on 06/21/2014

Erica was AMAZING to work with and we all looked beautiful! I would recommend her to anyone. She was willing to negotiate on price, which I really appreciated and did a phenomenal job. Each of my bridesmaids looked incredible and I felt amazing. She and her assistant also did my mom's hair at the last minute, which I really appreciated and my mom loved. Our hair held for the whole night with plenty of dancing. Considering the June weather, our make up also held incredibly well (we all did airbrush make up).

Working with Erica was so much fun, it was like having a friend hanging out with you doing your hair and make up. It was so important to me to be relaxed and have fun getting ready for the wedding and Erica definitely contributed to that!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Carly · Married on 06/14/2014

I chose Erica Gray beauty for our Austin, Texas wedding on 6-14-14 and wouldn't have had it any other way! My mom and I searched incessantly for beauty services online since we were living in Ohio during our wedding planning process and were first captured by the professionalism of her website. Erica offered to conduct a wedding day hair and makeup trial, opening up her home to me and making me feel at ease as a bride. I brought pictures of the look I wanted to create for my wedding day, and she used my vision, along with her expertise in the field to create the exact hair/makeup I was hoping for on my big day. Erica and her assistants are willing to come to any venue to conduct the services for the bridal party, which many vendors do not. They were on time, outgoing, and did an amazing job! Everyone in my bridal party and family members loved the outcome and their services. I would highly recommend Erica Grey Beauty for your wedding or any other special event. She is a top-notch professional!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Stacy · Married on 12/31/2013

Hire Erica and her team, you won't regret it!

We had so much fun with Erica. I'm so happy with the hair and make up she did for me and my bridesmaids. Everything was gorgeous!

Erica is very professional. She is poised and prompt and always responded to me when I needed her. I can't say enough how much she contributed to such a perfect day for me!

Stacy

Sent on 01/03/2014

Chelsea · Married on 12/29/2013

I met Erica at a photo shoot I was helping out at for the event planning company I work for and we immediately clicked! She was a blast to work with and could get along with basically anyone.

I decided to have her as my hair and makeup artist for my own wedding, a big decision being a wedding planner myself! I could not be happier with my decision for so many reasons:

-She got along SO well with all my bridesmaids and the mothers, grandmothers and aunts who had their makeup done. (Not an easy task!) She does an amazing job of finding common ground with anyone and making their experience fun. She even did some false lashes for my bridesmaids - an addition I didn't even ask for.
    -She was super flexible with times to do my bridal portraits. She gave me several options to choose from and even ended up coming along to the venue where i had my portraits done to meet my photographer and do some final touch-ups. Above and beyond!
    -After I had a look at my bridal portraits (something I advice EVERY bride to do) there were a couple of things I wanted to have done differently. Nothing major, just some things I more so changed my mind about and wanted to tweak with my hair. She completely understood what I wanted to change and executed my vision perfectly.
    -On the day of the wedding she was completely calm and collected. She wasn't stressed for time and didn't make me feel nervous.
    -I didn't even need to tell Erica what look I wanted my bridesmaids to have. She made each of my unique bridesmaids look beautiful but also managed to give them a clean, uniform look.
    -Erica gave me an amount of time she thought she would need to do all 11 of my wedding party and she stuck to it perfectly. She had an assistant with her who also did an amazing job.

Basically Erica is the coolest. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a makeup artist who is equally talented and fun to work with.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Kcie · Married on 11/02/2013

Erica did an amazing job, could not be happier with how my makeup turned out! My makeup lasted through several hours of tears, hugs, and dancing. One of the things I appreciate most about Erica is that she always responded right away to any email questions I had - the month before the wedding was crazy busy, and I loved that I never had to chase her down for a response or ask her the same question more than once.

My makeup was gorgeous - she made me look glamorous, but completely natural. I know that I will look back on our wedding photos and be thrilled with how I looked, Erica is great!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Stephanie · Married on 09/26/2013

I really lucked out by getting Erica Gray. Our wedding was a destination wedding and seeing that you can't just run over and have a trial setting whenever you want can be nerve wrecking. Erica is AWESOME!!! She was able to look at the pictures I had sent her and we just hit it off right away. If you have the chance to book her you NEED to book her!!! Her assistant (Jasmine) is amazing too! They did wonders to me, my mom and my bridesmaids!

Sent on 10/07/2013

K · Married on 09/15/2013

I couldn't have been happier working with Erica for my makeup. I used her for both my bridal pictures and on my wedding day. She does such a great job! On my wedding day, she had a major family emergency but she still showed up to the venue to do my makeup. I felt so bad for her and what had happened to her mom, but she was extremely professional and still did an amazing job even though it was obvious she was upset and in tears. Even though she was having a family emergency, she still put my needs as a bride first and there is no one else I would recommend to do your wedding day makeup.

Sent on 09/30/2013

I absolutely love Erica!! I hired her to do make-up for myself, 8 bridesmaids, and my mother on my wedding day and it was fantastic! There were times leading up to the wedding where things got a little stressful, and Erica was so easy to talk to and calming, she really helped me relax. She is fun to have around a crazy group of girls :) I would recommend her to anyone!! Thank you Erica!!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Claire · Married on 05/26/2013

Erica and her team did wedding hair and makeup for me and my bridal party this past weekend. As anyone can see from her photos, she does a fantastic job with hair and makeup. Not only is her work beautiful, but the fact that my bridesmaids walked away from our session talking about how much they enjoyed Erica really speaks volumes! She is so easy to work with and I will be recommending her to every bride I know. THANK YOU ERICA!!

Sent on 05/31/2013

Erica Gray Beauty Company did a great job for me and my bridesmaids on my wedding day. I had a bad experience with a previous company I had contacted so was excited to find out Erica had availability and was so easy to work with. I was impressed with how easily she recreated a hairstyle I liked at our trial. I'm kind of a picky person so that says a lot! On the day of my wedding she arrived on time and everything went smoothly. Her and her assistant (who did our makeup) were very efficient and made everyone look great! They were both very friendly and I had a great time working with them. Would recommend her to anybody!:)

Sent on 06/23/2013
  • User2919759 · 2+ years ago

Erica travelled all the way to North Carolina to make me beautiful on my wedding day. She is completely dependable and always willing to work with your schedule. Erica provided the best hair and makeup service that anyone could ever wish for.
    Not only did she provide an amazing finished product, but she also provided support during the day to keep me calm and collected. Erica was able to quickly switch direction under tight time constraints. She actually completely changed my hair after I changed my mind during the whole process and we still remained on time for photos and the ceremony.
    I left Erica feeling happy and relaxed. I felt like we were best friends by the end of the day and I hope we can stay in touch for my next hair and makeup event.

Sent on 12/30/2012

Jennifer · Married on 07/07/2012

Erica did my hair and makeup for my bridal portraits and wedding. I did not even have a set style I wanted--I just let her "go with it". She did AMAZING. I was completely happy with the way my hair and makeup turned out. It was great to have someone to do hair AND makeup. Very cost efficient. I would highly recommend Erica.

Sent on 07/09/2012

Erin · Married on 05/05/2012

Erica Gray's talent for calming otherwise crazy situations and making everything feel super-positive is second only to her talent at bringing out the best in everyone with her artistic vision, style, and skill. I first got to work with Erica at a performance in New York City and since she's been in Austin, I've used her for photo/video shoots, special events, and many more performances. It was a no-brainer that she would make us all beautiful for my wedding. Erica gets along with everyone on all my various production teams, but most importantly, she gets along with MY MOM and made her look incredible on my wedding day. Erica instinctively knows how to bring out the best in people's features. She also has this jedi / ninja calming power which is so important before any nerve-charged event where you only have one shot at getting it right. She is an artist and a professional. After working with Erica on many important occasions, I can wholeheartedly recommend her for any situation, especially your wedding! P.S. I never have a pre-conceived vision of what style I want and Erica always does something amazing, so don't be afraid to roll with it if you are in the same boat.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Rhianna · Married on 04/20/2012

I was lucky enough to use Erica for my cocktail party, my rehearsal night, and my wedding. For my cocktail party, I told her I wanted to do a Beyonce-style side ponytail. She did just that, and even the men at the party were commenting on how great my hair looked! For my rehearsal night she just did simple curly hair and makeup, and it looked amazing. She was a doll, and came to 3 different locations to do my hair and makeup (3 different days). Her prices are affordable, especially since she has worked with celebrities. She is very busy, so if she doesn't respond right away to email, just give her a call!

Sent on 06/01/2012

Sally · Married on 03/03/2012

I have gotten my hair and makeup done several times in the past year for other weddings and events, but Erica, by far does the best makeup I've seen. I don't wear makeup everyday, and I still wanted to look myself on my wedding day. I wanted to find someone who would NOT just paint my face with makeup to where I looked completely different. Erica did a fabulous job. She is sweet, easy to work with and deceptively good at her craft. She makes it seem so easy and natural.

Sent on 03/12/2012

Varsha · Married on 10/15/2011

Erica did my hair and makeup for my wedding, as well as the hair for my sisters and family. I was very pleased with the reults and happy i chose her! She was extremely professional and punctual and moves at a quick pace!

Sent on 11/18/2011

E · Married on 04/17/2011

Erica is incredible. She created some serious "magic" with her team for my wedding weekend. I knew right away in our trial that she was the gal for me...we had an insta-friendship, which is so important for The Big Day. But more importantly she is such a talented stylist. My hair and make up looked beyond fabulous BOTH nights (she did my rehearsal party too). The night before the wedding, friends and fam were wowed by the look she gave me and asked why I don't look like this every day (I explained it involved a stylist to maintain this look). I felt amazing, like a rockstar that night---as you should during your wedding weekend. Then wedding day...everyone looked amazing and most importantly, still like themselves. My mom, my mother-in-law, sisters, etc all looked like their A+ version of them. If, I may say so myself, I looked truly divine...romantic, beautiful, elegant. I really can't thank her enough for making me feel like a gorgeous bride.
    - E Levin

Sent on 07/25/2011

courtney · Married on 09/12/2009

Erica made me look exactly how I dreamed of looking on my wedding day. Really, worth every penny.

Sent on 02/24/2010

Katherine · Married on 05/29/2011

Erica Gray made wedding day hair and makeup process easy and relaxed. Erica agreed to meet with me prior to me hiring her to make sure it would be a good fit. I really enjoyed her friendly, laid-back demeanor. Some have mentioned in reviews that Erica is not the best with responsiveness, so I voiced my concern to her. She did admit that response time is not her strong-suit, but she would work on it. She does respond within 24 hours when possible. Since we discussed it openly, I felt fine about it. I did experience some lag-time with her responding to me; however, it was on a very busy weekend when she was booked with weddings. I found with other vendors this to be true as well, so I can't really hold it against her, especially during wedding season in Austin.
    Erica came to my house for the trial run, which made it very easy on me. We discussed what I was thinking about and I showed her some pictures for ideas. What she did with my hair, hair extensions and make-up was just beautiful. We did discuss making some minor adjustments for the wedding day, just to make my look more perfect. My hair and make-up stayed all day.
    I had a morning wedding, so Erica had to come to my house at 5:00 AM…and no problems, she was on-time and very professional. Erica completed my hair and makeup with the adjustments that we discussed. My hair turned out even better than it did at the trial and my makeup was perfect! That morning, Erica also did hair and makeup for the mother and stepmother of the groom. She was even able to use her airbrush to cover some leg scrapes and bruises my mother had unintentionally gotten from mowing her yard a couple of days before.
    It was extremely windy the day of the wedding. My hair stayed up all day with no problem and my flower stayed securely fastened to my head. My veil did end up blowing off my head, but I guess that is the risk you take with an outside hilltop wedding…it was more like a sail than a veil. Of course that was not in any way a reflection on Erica's work…just the weather we ended up with.
    Overall, Erica is professional and talented, yet flexible, friendly and open. Her prices are extremely competitive and I liked that she was willing to come to me for the trial. I definitely recommend her to Austin-area brides.

Sent on 06/19/2011

Heather · Married on 09/25/2010

Erica was great, she is a joy to work with! She provided hair and make-up for myself, 4 bridemaids, MOB and the flower girl. Everyone of of the girls loved their hair and make-up and looked great in the pictures. Erica is really flexible as some of the girls knew exactly what they wanted and she made it happen, but she was also great at making recommendations for those that didn't.

I love the work she did because you look like yourself, only better. My husband really is not a fan of a ton of makeup and was really pleased with how I looked...he was worried I would look cake-y :)

In addition to being great at what she does, she is just fun to be around which makes the process more entertaining. Erica is so good that I have 2 friends getting married soon and they both are using her for hair and make-up as well!

Sent on 10/13/2010

liz · Married on 06/29/2013

I think Erica did an overall great job with hair and makeup. She did my hair and makeup for my bridal portrait and I gave her a guideline of what I wanted and I loved what she did. It was a very intricate braid pulled into a bun. She did take a really long time, so make sure you account for extra time on your hair. She also did my makeup, but it wasn't airbrushed. For the wedding she brought a makeup artist who did air brushing and it was awesome. She also brought another hair assistant, but she ended up not knowing what she was doing which ended up costing us some wasted time. So again make sure you leave plenty of time and tell her exactly what you want if you know or bring pictures. She does talk in baby talk and she is pretty particular about noise, but she powers through. I think she would do better with smaller groups bc she seems to get overwhelmed easily. But she and the makeup artist did great with 11+ people!

Sent on 09/25/2013