36 Reviews for ENCORE | LESLIE KAPLAN EVENT DESIGN

Day-Of Coord. (4)
Full Planning (4)
Destination (2)
36 ENCORE | LESLIE KAPLAN EVENT DESIGN Reviews

When it comes to planning, I like to have all my ducks in a row and to see ORGANIZATION. As soon as wedding planning became a part of my life, I quickly realized I was going to need additional help outside of my own and my mom’s planning abilities. A close friend of mine had worked for Leslie and recommended her as soon as I needed a coordinator. Simply put, hiring Leslie was the BEST thing I did when it came to the wedding. Between the fast email responses and the Google drive documents updated between the two parties, my itch for organization was scratched!
Even though I pretty much knew exactly what I wanted when it came to florals and color schemes, I needed a lot of help with attention to detail and working with vendors. The excellence and professionalism that Leslie brought to working and communicating with vendors made my family and I feel so at ease. We knew she was working on our side, quickly, efficiently, and getting us the best deals! She clued us in to the ins and outs of the business side of planning a wedding and really helped us understand where our money was going and which aspects were worth spending more or saving on!
Leslie gave me all of the best vendor recommendations and is the reason our wedding was so beautiful and successful. We had SO many compliments on how smoothly the day went, on the details that were exhibited on the day, and the amazing staff running around behind the scenes. This was al thanks to Leslie and the ENCORE team. My husband, family, and I got to enjoy the day, stress free, and completely trusted Leslie with everything!
I couldn’t imagine a better woman and company to work with. If I ever need assistance with a party or event in the future, you can bet Leslie will be my girl!
Thank you so much to Leslie and her team.

If you’re looking for someone to completely make you feel at ease and comfortable during the most stressful & enjoyable time in your life...I truly suggest calling Leslie. Love her!!

Profile Picture Stephanie , 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Wow! I can't say enough about how Leslie handled my daughter's wedding over the past several months.

Her firm attention to detail while working with vendors/partners while always maintaining a soft and supportive approach when working directly with my wife and daughter is a rare find.

To be able to create the vision and style of your bride's wedding and then have the business skills necessary to bring everyone together to pull it off flawlessly is a special skill. I'm here to tell you, Leslie has it!

Leslie, you helped to make Saturday one of the most special memories for our bride & groom, our families and our friends. For that, we will always be grateful.

You're the best. Thank you!

Profile Picture Kevin, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If I could write a thousand 5-star reviews for Leslie I would! As a magazine editor who spent much of my career covering celebrity weddings, I definitely had visions for my perfect day, and a lot of experience with top-notch vendors. But Leslie exceeded our expectations in every way. On a personal level, Leslie is the kindest, most thoughtful person. On a professional level, she is beyond organized (Google Drive + email response times will make you feel as if yours is the only wedding she's working on); she is highly respected by vendors, and she guides her clients through the planning process without even the slightest hint of pressure or judgement. She offers advice on etiquette, timelines, spending, and design, but is 100% respectful of each couple’s budget and preferences. She makes an effort to incorporate personal touches and unique details to reflect each couple’s personality. And Leslie is a master at making sure the wedding is seamless and the couple never has to worry about anything but enjoying their day. My husband and I included our 6-month-old daughter and our dog in our ceremony, so we had our hands full. Yet I was happier and more relaxed on our wedding day than ever before, because I was completely confident with Leslie running the show. All I had to do was soak in every precious moment with my loved ones. Oh, and it was also the most gorgeous wedding I’ve ever seen and every single person there — even the guys! — was blown away by the level of beauty, the impeccable service, and the flow of the day. Even planning from afar (we are based in L.A. and our wedding was in Pebble Beach), Leslie handled every single detail and vendor flawlessly. Whether you are working with a large budget or a more modest one, it is well worth it to allocate a portion of your funds for coordination so that you will actually enjoy the planning process and the wedding itself. The best wedding decision we made was to hire Leslie; everything else fell into place from there!

Profile Picture Angela, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Full Planning, Destination

Leslie and the Encore Event team will be THE BEST investment you make on your wedding! As a wedding photographer, I've worked with several planners in the industry and Leslie is hands down my go-to recommendation! I know when I send clients her way they're in the best of hands. Not only is she extremely talented, hardworking and on top of it, she's also the most thoughtful, kind and generous person. Her eye for details and design is unmatched! Every time I have a wedding with her I know it'll be one of my favorites of the year and print worthy because she doesn't miss a detail. She makes my job easy by creating the most stunning setups and goes above and beyond styling everything to perfection for me to capture. She's like my secret weapon! It's in the little things that make a huge difference in what could be a very chaotic day. For example, most coordinators make one huge master timeline with everything on it (I've received a 14 page one before!) and then each vendor is left to sift through an overwhelming amount of details to sort out what matters to them. When I work with Leslie she takes the time to create individualized timelines for each vendor, so they only have to focus on what's important to them and make their work shine all the more. That's one small example of a huge detail where she will go above and beyond to create the best possible day for everyone and it's something that a bride and groom would never even see. She spoils her vendors and everyone loves her for it and the day is that much more relaxed because of it. And with all that said, what stands out to me the most is how much she truly cares about each couple. I see her get emotional every time because she truly loves her couples and puts her heart and soul into every event as if it was her only one.

Profile Picture Valorie, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We knew that planning a wedding in California from NYC was going to be an impossible feat without a planner, so we feel SO fortunate to have been referred to Leslie and the ENCORE team. Her attention to detail and complete control of the process was impressive every step of the way. We planned the wedding for almost a year, yet Leslie made it seem our wedding was the only one of which she was concerned. She took our very rough vision and made it a beautiful event that we will treasure for life. I appreciate also that she listened to what we had to say and made some changes that I am sure she didn't 100% agree with :) Our wedding was nothing short of spectacular and we have Leslie and the ENCORE team to thank for this!

With regards to her working style, she is very efficient and quick with responses....even accommodating the 3 hour time difference. I LOVED the use of Google Drive where she kept track of all of our details. I will miss checking it daily :) The monthly and then weekly reports kept us in line and prevented last minute fire drills. She helped assemble a dream team of vendors and negotiated expertly on our behalf. On the day of the wedding, she was cool/calm and kept everything running on schedule and executed our design scheme flawlessly.

Obviously, we could not recommend Leslie and the ENCORE team more!

Profile Picture Shelley, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Leslie and her team deserve 5 stars and more. Our wedding was prefect thanks to Leslie and Adam. There wasn't a moment that Leslie was not there for our wedding. I highly reccomend Encore Events they were there for us at every turn. Absolutely amazing day thanks to them. Also, I gave Leslie a verse for our officiant way last minute and she jumped on it to get it done for us. Encore Events is professional, friendly and absolutely wonderful to work with.

Profile Picture Felecia, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

When I was told we needed a wedding planner I was doubtful. But Leslie made her money with in the first 30 minutes of the rehearsal. Leslie and Adam were absolutely attentive to our needs and most times knew what we needed before we did ,they had it ready and waiting. The wedding was seamless. Out of everything going on that day Leslie and Adam were the ones that made our wedding easy for us to enjoy. Thank you to you both!

Profile Picture Mathew, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Encore / Leslie Kaplan as our wedding planner for our late July wedding. Leslie helped us for a year - completely from start to finish. The attention to detail, expertise, design, professionalism, friendliness and willingness to help made our wedding day absolutely perfect! I know our day wouldn't have come together so seamlessly without the Encore team. We would recommend them over and over!

Profile Picture Jessi, 7/29/17, 13 Reviews
Services Used: Full Planning, Day-Of Coord., Destination

Leslie, Stacey and the Encore Event Design Team were absolutely amazing! We had an added complexity of arranging our wedding in California from overseas in Australia, and they made the process so easy for us. Throughout the 12 months of planning, Leslie and her team were not only incredibly detailed and professional, but they also provided a calming influence where we knew everything was always in plan and under control. She made the process run smoothly and we simply couldn’t have done it without her. She was very quick to respond to emails and was technically very proficient in Google Drive and spreadsheets which made budgeting and tracking the progress of the wedding easy.

Leslie has a terrific knowledge of vendors, and she has this amazing ability to help everything come together to fulfill your vision. On several occasions, she raised ideas that I hadn’t previously considered, and she really helped our designs come to life. When I saw all of the small details in person, I was completely blown away with how well they fit in our our decor theme, and they were so gorgeous and unique to anything I had ever seen before.

On the day, Leslie and Stacey ensured that everything ran perfectly and we never worried about a thing. They were so professional, and the entire bridal party was commenting on how amazing they were. We are so lucky and thankful to have had Encore help us plan our wedding, and we would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Christina, 6/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We are so lucky we found Leslie and Encore early in our wedding planning. We like to say Leslie saved our wedding (and our sanity). First, she is extremely professional and organized. Every month we got a list of our goals for the month, along with a checklist so that things didn’t pile up at the end. Leslie was always very responsive and followed up all the time to make sure we were satisfied. She was also extremely adept at negotiating contracts with vendors and saved us a ton of money after we let her run with this.

When it came to the day-of, there was not a SINGLE hitch. Not one. We kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, and it never did. Leslie and her staff coordinated everything so that it ran like a well-oiled machine and we were able to just sit back and enjoy the day. And what an amazing day it was.

Moreover, while the work she puts in is top-notch, what was striking and refreshing was that we could tell that Leslie really loves what she does, and genuinely cares about us and making our day as memorable and perfect as possible. She can’t come more highly recommended and any couple would be lucky to work with Leslie and her dedicated staff at Encore.

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot express how happy I am with how Encore took care of myself and my family during the wedding planning process. I was an indecisive Bride in the sense that I just wasn't exactly sure what I wanted. BUT! I had a few ideas. With the few ideas I had, Encore assembled a top notch team that made my wedding somehow EXACTLY what I wanted without a hiccup - not even one!!! They were on top of EVERYTHING and never once made me feel overwhelmed. Right down to the day they were with me making me feel at ease. I have a very busy job and they were so patient with me but made sure I never fell behind. If there is advice I could give it would be, if you can, hire a wedding planner and make sure it is Encore. Best money we spent on the wedding hands down. LOVE THEM!!!!!!

Profile Picture Allie, 4/29/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Leslie and Stacey are the best of the best. From the moment that my husband and I met with Leslie, I knew that she would make our dream wedding come true. We engaged Leslie to provide complete wedding planning and design services and I am confidant to say that it was the best decision we made in the entire wedding process.

Throughout the entire planning process Leslie and Stacey were extremely organized, professional and a pleasure to work with. At the beginning of the planning, we received a checklist/ timeline of tasks. Each week, I received an email that detailed the items completed the week before, those that needed to be completed in the coming week and those that needed to be completed that month. This made an endlessly long and overwhelming list a set of manageable tasks.

Everyone told me I was the calmest bride they had ever worked with and I truly believe that this is a testament to how wonderful Leslie and Stacey are at what they do. The day of the wedding, everything ran extremely smoothly and not a single detail was out of place. It was truly a dream come true. If there were any issues, I had no idea. My bridesmaids, my mom and I were at the venue all day. Every once in while someone from the team would check in or give me an update. Leslie, Stacey and their team members were there all day and always with a smile on their face. Everything was executed to perfection.

Profile Picture Katrine , 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I wish I could give more than 5 stars in every category. Leslie, along with her incredible team members, Taylor and Stephanie, BEYOND SURPASSED our expectations of what a wedding coordinator should/could do. We initially were not going to book a wedding coordinator because we thought it was too far outside our budget but, when things got tough, we knew we had to take action. We now wish would have booked ENCORE from day one. Worth every penny and more. Leslie keeps you on track with your to-do list, she takes over all contact with your vendors, she planned our timeline perfectly, right down to the minute. There were ZERO hiccups in our day and it was all because of ENCORE. Small example, during the reception, a server had mistakenly taken one of our personalized champagne flutes. I told Stephanie this and she said calmly, "No problem". I thought it would be impossible to retrieve amongst 150 other glasses and she had it back in 10 min!
Leslie's experience in the industry coupled with her friendly, down-to-earth demeanor is invaluable. She advised on so many details that I was so lost on: positioning my 12 bridesmaids... yes, 12!... ceremony chair set up, how to set up the reception room (with DJ, Cake, photo booth, bar), I could go on and on. And the timeline... I know I already said this but, man, the timeline was PERFECT, down to every last bridesmaid's hair and make-up time slot. Lastly, every single physical item that no bride wants to remember to take home was completely taken care of and accounted for from the moment I handed them to Encore. Leslie helped me to draft a list of all items; And when the weekend was over, I had every last photo booth prop, picture frame with family members we've lost, ring box, veil, champagne flutes, personalized cake cutter..... there are SO MANY MORE ITEMS.... it was all back in my room.
IF YOU WANT A STRESS-FREE WEDDING PLANNING EXPERIENCE AND A PERFECT WEDDING DAY, HIRE LESLIE KAPLAN AND ENCORE EVENT DESIGNS!!!!

Profile Picture Hillary, 8/20/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord.

There is a reason why everyone before me gave them 5 stars all the way through, hiring them would be the BEST thing you could possibly do for your wedding. When you first get engaged it's hard to imagine just how much work lies ahead, and without them my wedding would have been a disaster. It's a ton of work even with their help, so trust me, you need them! On top of exceeding our expectations professionally, they have exquisite taste. Their eye for design is classy, unique, personal to your individual style, and all accomplished within your budget. I honestly can't rave about them enough. THANK YOU Encore for the perfect wedding, we couldn't have done it without you!!! Love, Nicole and Jaime

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/19/16, 1 Review

The second my husband and I met Leslie
we knew she was the best person to help bring our wedding vision to life and execute an unforgettable event. Leslie's impeccable taste and unique styling are unmatched by many; our guests are still swooning over our beautiful wedding.

Leslie and her team also made the wedding planning process exciting and stress free. They maintained open and effective dialogue thru out the planning process while ensuring we were on budget and on task at all times.

We truly loved (and miss) working with Leslie and team and can't wait to work with them again on a future event!

Kate and Martin

Profile Picture Kate, 5/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The Encore Event Design team is phenomenal! Hiring Encore to plan my April 2016 wedding was easily the best wedding planning decision I made. My wedding was more beautiful, more personal, and more fun than I ever imagined it could be, and the credit for that goes to Encore. Encore made wedding planning stress free and enjoyable. At every step of planning, Leslie and Stacey were exceedingly organized, dedicated, creative, responsive and professional. The event planning experience and expertise that they bring to the table is extensive and invaluable. They answered my questions quickly and thoroughly. They provided logistical suggestions that made our wedding day run smoothly, and they gave aesthetic advice that brought the vision we had for our wedding day to life. Leslie and Stacey demonstrated an uncanny ability to keep track of every small detail while remaining constantly mindful of how those details would come together and contribute to the overall experience we wanted to provide for our guests. The results were spectacular. When I walked up to the venue on the day of the wedding, it took my breath away.
I was so impressed by all of the vendors that Leslie and Stacey recommended. Working with such a talented and fun team made for such an enjoyable wedding day. I could never have put that team together without Encore. Speaking of an enjoyable wedding day, I still cannot believe how much fun I had at my own wedding. The day of, Leslie and Stacey took care of every detail so that our families, our bridal party, all of our guests, and my new husband and I were left only to enjoy every wonderful moment of the day. I will be forever be grateful to Leslie, Stacey, and their team for making my wedding day so magical. I have already recommended them to my family, my friends, and anyone who will listen. I am certain that if you are lucky enough to work with Encore, you will soon be doing the same.

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Leslie, Stacey and her team were beyond amazing in helping us create a vision for our wedding and execute it flawlessly. Perfection is priority for them and that's exactly what we got! I loved working with them and would do it all over again if I could!!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Full Planning

We used Leslie and her team for month-of coordination service and they truly did such an amazing job. They kept me VERY organized with detailed google docs and timelines. Our meetings were always very productive, plus they were always quick to respond when I had questions. Their day-of coordination was perfect as well. The whole day ran so smoothly and I have Leslie to thank for that. She made sure everything was exactly how I envisioned, even making sure every glass and piece of flatware was exactly in the right place. The wedding timeline was so smooth as well - everything ran perfectly. I couldn't have asked for a better coordinator and will be recommending her to everyone!

Profile Picture Janelle, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Day-Of Coord.

If I could give more stars I would. Leslie and her team at Encore truly became family to us. We worked with them from beginning to end on every aspect of our wedding. She was always willing to come to us for meetings and went above and beyond her job description. Leslie puts her heart and soul into her work and clients which made working with her for this special moment in our lives a dream come true. We were originally drawn to Encore for their design work and they hit it out of the park. Every detail was magical, from the cocktail napkins, to the table signs, to the bistro lighting that cascaded over our reception. Thanks to Leslie, everything was captured by the most amazing photographer, Brian Leahy, who she introduced us to. All of our vendors were top notch, per Encore's recommendation. We had a very unique wedding venue, all outdoors with 5 different areas that guests were guided to throughout the night. It was tough to navigate but Leslie and her team ran everything perfectly. I was beyond impressed with their professionalism, ability to coordinate everyone flawlessly and desire to put in 120% effort in each thing that they did. I could write a novel about how much I loved working with Encore. I hope to be in touch with the them always.

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Full Planning

When my daughter and I started the planning process for her wedding a year ago, we were not even sure we were going to hire a planner as she knew exactly what she wanted and I am very organized. The wedding took place a week ago, and I can now say with uncertainty that we would have been lost without Leslie. She had the right answers to our unending questions, knew the best vendors, kept up on schedule, guided us through the budget process and helped us to create a seamless event. Leslie and her team are true professionals and we cannot thank them enough for their efforts, which exceeded our expectations.

Profile Picture Sheri, 9/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Leslie and Stacey were absolutely AMAZING!!! I did not have to worry about anything the night of, they handled everything and exceeded my expectations. Everything leading up to the wedding was also not a worry of mine, as they made sure all final contracts and vendor agreements were where they needed to be. I was confident after our meetings that they had my best interest at heart and wanted the night to be the night of my dreams just as much as I did. I am SOO beyond grateful to have had the opportunity to work with them. They truly helped make the evening a spectacular one!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 8/8/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord.

Leslie and her team are amazing. I had the pleasure of working with Leslie for my wedding this past week for over a year and half. Her professionalism, design aesthetic, creativity, connections, and competence in handling any situation were top notch and had my husband and I at ease throughout the process. The event went seamlessly and we owe that entirely to Leslie and Encore Event Design. We received endless comments from our guests about how amazing every little detail was and how classy and fun the event was, and that attention to every detail is a product of Leslie's amazing skills and commitment to going above and beyond for her clients. I would recommend Leslie and her team to anyone looking for an event designer for any event!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Leslie and team are such talented wedding planners who clearly love their jobs. My daughter hired Encore/Leslie Kaplan Event Design for her destination wedding in May 2015. She described to Leslie what she was looking for on her wedding day, down to every detail. She recommended the amazing invitation printer and talented florist; both vendors created absolutely beautiful product. She also provided excellent advice regarding the wedding rehearsal and also planned and conducted the rehearsal for the bridal party so the wedding itself went smoothly.
When unforeseen issues with the venue arose due to the venues lack of organization and communication, Leslie did a remarkable job of defusing the conflict. Had it not been for her, several issues would not have been resolved without a lot of stress for my daughter or myself. Leslie invested many hours interacting with various vendors making sure no detail was forgotten. Her expertise in all things wedding allowed us to relax not only the day of the wedding, but the weeks leading up to the wedding. How many brides or MOB’s can honestly say the day of the wedding was stress free?
At the wedding, Leslie and her team kept everything running smoothly. She provided us with a detailed timeline and an itinerary. Leslie and her team set up all of the decorations (excluding the flower arrangements, which were set up by her recommended florist) and made sure everything was absolutely perfect. To continue the celebration, my daughter wanted a post-reception-after-party and Leslie seamlessly transitioned the decorations to another room at the venue and set up the after party to the complete satisfaction of the bride and groom.
My daughter and son-in-law’s wedding was absolutely the most beautiful I have seen; it was exactly what they wanted and we owe much of that to Leslie. She is truly very easy to communicate with and extremely knowledgeable. I highly recommend Encore/Leslie Kaplan Event Design.

Profile Picture Wendy, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Leslie did an amazing job. My wedding went smoothly thanks to her. She is so organized and professional. I never felt stressed or under pressure thanks to her. She made our big day so speacial and I am so grateful for all the work she did.

Profile Picture Melanie, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I hired Leslie at Encore Event Designs to help me plan my wedding and I definitely chose the best person for the job. Leslie helped bring our vision of an elegant, beach chic wedding to life with every last detail. She was very professional, organized and helped me find the best vendors in the industry. I am still receiving compliments from my guests that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever attended. I will definitely be recommending Leslie and her staff to my family and friends. She is the best!

Profile Picture Natalie, 9/28/14, 1 Review