Emily Katherine Events Reviews

Emily Katherine Events 5
  • Vaysgant

Vaysgant Photo and Films · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Excellent Event Planner

I am a wedding photographer and recently I had the pleasure of working a local wedding along side Emily and her team. I don't often write reviews but I was compelled to do so, as its well deserved. Throughout the planning process she was on top of all of the details, kept great communication with all the vendors, and on the day of was wonderful to work with =)

Sent on 05/23/2019

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Hi Yuri! Thanks so much for your sweet review, I really enjoyed working with you at Windy Hill! I look forward to working together again!

Courtney Pope · Married on 11/30/2019

the BEST decision you'll make in wedding planning

You know those career aptitude tests you take in middle school? Well, if "wedding planner" were an option, I'm sure Emily got that result! Everything about Emily - her impressive organizational skills, her kind demeanor, her ability to roll with literally whatever comes her way while sporting a smile, her gentle yet effective way of keeping everyone on track - is suited for this job. As a bride who had no idea what I wanted my wedding to look like (while attempting to plan it in just four months!), it is not hyperbole to say the big day would not have happened without Emily. She had a magical way of guiding without imposing, which is not an easy balance! Emily was super kind and sensitive to me and my family, was the impeccable professional in communicating with other vendors (who all adored her, by the way!), punctual in following-through with everything, incredibly responsive and available, thoughtful with big and small details, and (especially considering our timeline) a literal miracle-worker. (Like helping get dirt stains out of my dress train after rainy pictures at the ceremony!) I feel confident in saying that working with Emily will be the best decision you make in your wedding planning adventure... it certainly was mine!

Sent on 01/11/2020
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 11/23/2019

Best decision I made!

Emily and her team were simply outstanding. From the moment I met with Emily 11 months before our wedding, I knew I didn’t want to look any further for day-of coordinators. Emily has an incredibly calming presence and was organized to a T. Even the day-of when we had to change our ceremony spot because of rain and our second photographer woke up sick, Emily remained calm and reassuring that everything would go smoothly, and it did. The EKE team is incredibly professional, down to earth, organized, communicative, and so kind - I loved working with all of them!

Emily Katherine Events 6
    Emily Katherine Events 7
    Emily Katherine Events 8
    Emily Katherine Events 9
    Emily Katherine Events 10
    Sent on 11/30/2019

Kendall Schmidt · Married on 11/22/2019

Best investment we made in our budget!

Emily was so great to work with. She really made the entire month leading up to the wedding stress free. She and her team worked so hard to make our venue look just how we imagined it. She is very professional, detail oriented, and has awesome ideas that just added to how special our wedding felt. She went above and beyond! I would absolutely recommend Emily if you live in the Triangle, at the very least for her coordination package in the last month. You won't regret it!

Sent on 12/08/2019

Beth Skelton · Married on 10/26/2019

Emily is the absolute BEST

Emily was wonderful to work with in planning our Durham wedding. Emily was hired for partial planning and day-of coordination. She was so organized and helpful in finding and booking vendors as well as keeping us moving forward with a monthly task list. I didn't have to worry about one thing the day of the wedding because Emily was on it. I can't recommend Emily more highly!

Sent on 11/03/2019

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thanks so much Beth!! I loved helping you with all the fun cookery themed details! Thanks for allowing me to be part of your planning!

Risa Daniels · Married on 10/26/2019

Highly Recommended!

We hired Emily Katherine events to be "partial wedding planners" since we already had a few things done when we enlisted them (venue, band booked etc.) Emily and her assistant Gina helped us both with our Friday Welcome party (with a guest like of 100+ people) and with the wedding on Saturday (with a guest list of 200+ people). It was incredible to have them coordinating both and they were a massive help. I didn't even have to think twice about all the nitty gritty details like what time our caterers were going to show up and rentals etc. I really appreciate Gina and Emily''s working style- very calm and relaxed but also efficient and capable. Resulted in a day that was totally relaxed and everything ran so smoothly. They were very available over email or to meet in person when requested. With partial planning it's maybe a fine line to walk where you are overstepping "partial" into "full" but I was more conscious about it then them as they never gave me anything but their full attention.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Risa! Gina and I loved working with you on your plans and are absolutely loving the stunning photos we've seen!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely fantastic experience!

I truly cannot say enough good things about Emily and her team at EKE! Emily made the wedding planning process easy, stress free and FUN! She is so professional, thorough, and easy to work with. She also is highly respected by venues and other vendors for her timelines and fantastic communication. Our big day was absolutely beautiful and perfect because of Emily and I would recommend her over and over again. You will not regret picking EKE for your wedding planning and coordination needs!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Rachel! It was such a pleasure to work with you on your final details! Congrats again!!
  • Megan

Megan Falls · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing wedding planner!

Emily truly made the last nine months of my life enjoyable even though we were planning a wedding. I never thought I would ever find someone as on it as I like to be but Emily takes the cake.

As soon as we sat down with her we knew she’d do right by us - and she delivered.
    We had a somewhat complex day Saturday with two ceremonies and not once did I have to worry about a ball being dropped.

I have been to other weddings where the bride and groom are still stressing over things that have to happen - my husband and I had a relaxed week before and through the entire wknd because Emily handled everything. We got to enjoy so much time together and with friends and family because she handled everything. Do not hesitate to book her - you will be making the right choice!

Thank you so much Emily for an amazing wedding day - it was beyond anything we could have imagined.

Megan & Sachin

Sent on 09/22/2019

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you so much, I really enjoyed working with you and Sachin on all your wedding festivities! It was so fun to be part of your Welcome Event, both ceremonies, and both receptions!
  • Annette

Annette Eaton · Married on 06/22/2019

Wonderful positive attitude and so organized!

We hired Emily as our "Month-of Coordinator" for my daughter's wedding. She was so wonderful to work with and really allowed us to enjoy the day. She assisted the bride and groom with creating a timeline, contacted and organized all the vendors, ran the rehearsal, set out/cleaned up decor, and even helped us find a new vendor when we had a last minute cancellation (and much more). She has a kind and gentle demeanor and is incredibly organized. Several members of the wedding party and family commented on how great she was to work with. I am so grateful we found her!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Annette! I love working with you and your family on Anna & Drew's wedding, they had such a beautiful day!

Katrina · Married on 06/01/2019

Cool as a (very organized) cucumber

Emily is a total pro! Hiring her was one of the best (the best?) decisions we made in our wedding planning process. She asked the right questions, assured us that we had thought of what we needed for the day, and is very easygoing while also detail-oriented. She was also very nonjudgmental about some of our off-beat choices and I never felt like she was pushing us to spend time or money on aspects that weren't important to us. We were so appreciative of her calm expertise and support throughout the planning process and especially on the day of the wedding. We both fully enjoyed the day and knew any hiccups or confusions were being expertly handled. My husband's mom was particularly impressed by her demeanor and kindness, as she said she had encountered some pushy wedding planners at other weddings. We are so grateful for Emily, her team, and the work they did to make our wedding day a breeze for us.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you, Katrina! You and Zeke were so much fun to work with on your rock show wedding!! I'm so happy you and your family were able to enjoy the day stress-free!
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2019

The #1 Reason We Could Enjoy Our Wedding

Emily is pretty much the key piece of our wedding puzzle. She helped us find 98% of our awesome vendors, and because of her and her team, our wedding was so stress-free. Throughout the planning process, she was so much fun to work with - who doesn't love a bit of wedding planning at breweries? More than that though, she was super communicative and always quick to answer our questions, whether they were big or small, and she helped us find ways to express ourselves through our wedding. I wouldn't have thought of video game stations, but they were perfect, and Emily helped us nail down every detail. On the day of the wedding, everything went so smoothly, and Emily made sure to keep us on schedule, while also keeping things flexible if we needed to adjust. We actually got to be present and enjoy every moment of our wedding day, while Emily and her team made sure all the moving pieces of rentals and decor and guests made it where they should go. We cannot recommend her enough and are incredibly thankful to have had her help with our special day.

Sent on 06/02/2019

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Lauren, your wedding was AMAZING!! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy all the fun details you and Matt took the time to plan :) Thank YOU for this sweet review, and for allowing us to be part of your epic day!
  • Bri

Bri · Married on 04/27/2019

Couldn't have done it without her!

Emily was a lifesaver and we could not have planned our wedding without her! She worked around my hectic schedule, disorganized life and dealt with my slow responses to emails while keeping us on track with our budget while still helping us to create our perfect day. We had a few unforeseen things occur from forgetting rings to a plumbing issue at the venue but she was able to calmly deal with any issue that came up and fix it/find a way around it and kept everything moving along smoothly! Looking back, I realize that even little things that I thought I could handle on my own should have just been left up to Emily and her day of team - they are professional and excellent at what they do!

Sent on 08/07/2019

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Bri! I loved working with you and Jody on your wedding plans, thanks for the chance to help with all your details!
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 04/13/2019

Just Amazing

From the first time we met with Emily, it was just such a comfortable fit. She was so down to earth and fully attentive to us every time we spoke. We chose the full service package due to our busy schedules which ended up being a great value for how much Emily and her team helped us. Emily was hands off when we had things covered and completely on top of everything when we didn't. She rolled easily with any change we made and helped guide the vision we had but didn't know how to execute. Emily has made so many positive relationships with other vendors and did an amazing job presenting us with multiple great options to choose from for every service we needed. On the day of, Emily and her team handled every small decision that needed to be made and took our vision into account every step of the way so all I had to do was focus on getting ready. When I saw everything finalized, it was better then I could have ever imagined. Hiring Emily was absolutely one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. I truly believe that our wedding would not have been anything close to how amazing it was without her.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

I loved working with you and Aidan! Your wedding at Windy Hill Farm was definitely one of the highlights of this spring. Thank you so much for the sweet review :)

Katharine · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing experience with Emily

We had an amazing experience working with Emily. She was professional, knowledgeable, poised and a lot of fun to work with. Her organizational ability kept us all on track and made us feel confident about managing everything leading up to the wedding. We absolutely couldn't have done the wedding without Emily, and her suggestions and guidance helped us create the most memorable day. 100% recommend, she's terrific!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you, Katharine! I loved helping plan your wedding, and it as the perfect one to end my year with!

Laura · Married on 10/07/2018

I have only just begun the planning process with Emily, but she has already blown me away! She is quick to respond to my many questions, and willing to work with me on every aspect of this process, so far including talking to possible vendors for me and setting up appointments, taking all the stress out and leaving the fun! I am so excited to continue my planning with her help, and looking forward to seeing everything come to fruition.

Sent on 12/14/2017

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

I am having so much fun planning with you!

Ruthanne · Married on 09/22/2018

Emily was wonderful! We were planning our wedding in North Carolina remotely from New York City, so we had not even met all of our vendors in person yet prior to our wedding day. Emily was our day-of-coordinator, although she really went above and beyond that role and helped recommend people along the way for us to use and checked in on us throughout the planning process. Emily is calm and professional and our day ran so smoothly because of her. We would highly recommend her for any event planning and were so impressed by what a great job she did.

Sent on 09/28/2018

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you, Ruthanne! It was such a pleasure to work with you both on the beautiful plans you made!

Josephine · Married on 07/28/2018

Emily was an integral part of our wedding! Her help made it possible for us to plan and carry out a wedding that felt authentic to our personalities, comfortable to our loved ones, and above all a joyful and peaceful memory we'll treasure forever. Emily is highly capable at managing complex events, a skilled communicator, and her love for her work is palpable! We would recommend her to anyone, especially people like us who weren't sure we wanted or needed a wedding planner - hiring Emily was the best choice we made in the wedding planning process!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your wedding! I had so much fun planning with you both!

Amanda · Married on 06/24/2018

My wife and I absolutely love EKE! From my first phone inquiry with Emily, she was very professional, calm, detailed-oriented, and confident. She displayed these characteristics throughout the entire wedding planning process and during our wedding weekend. Our financial investment in a day-of coordinator was worth every penny with EKE! Our vendors were always well-informed and she kept everything on schedule the day of the wedding. She was very quick to respond to any text messages and emails, and was committed to making our day everything we wanted! I cannot recommend EKE highly enough - our wedding wouldn't have been the same without her and her team! Thanks EKE!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you, Amanda! I loved working with you both!!

Emma · Married on 05/19/2018

Emily was so professional and very organized. She always had great vendor suggestions and was able to help me work through challenges I had along the way. I highly recommend her and am very appreciative of the time and dedication that her and her team put into my big day to make it so great!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you, Emma! I had a lot of fun working with you!
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 05/05/2018

Every member of my bridal party, including each set of parents and my husband, made comments about how noticeable of help Emily was ensuring my day flowed effortlessly. Everything, from start to finish, was perfect.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Anne · Married on 04/21/2018

We hired Emily for the 30 days prior to and day of wedding, and it was money so very well spent. For a day so important to us and our family, Emily insured that everything went very smoothly. Had we relied solely on the wedding planner associated with our venue, we would have been sorely disappointed. Emily was a consummate professional, as well as a wonderful and very likable communicator; which is a winning combination. She was calm, cool, and collected while others may not have been so. She was worth her weight in gold—we would recommend Emily to anyone (everyone!) who wants their perfect day to be just that! Thank you, Emily!!!!!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you, Anne! Such a pleasure to work with your family!

Anne · Married on 04/14/2018

Emily helped my daughter and me plan and carry out her wedding in our backyard in Apex. We had already scouted a few vendors before we met Emily, but she helped with the rest. Her help with the rehearsal and the day-of coordination was invaluable. I was able to enjoy the morning preparation with my daughter and her friends, while Emily worked with the florist, caterer, DJ, and more! She got the bride, groom, attendants, my husband, and me to the ceremony on time and whisked everyone to the reception. Little details got handled without a thought from me. She was a joy to work with!

Emily Katherine Events 11
    Emily Katherine Events 12
    Sent on 06/05/2018

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

I loved working with your family at your beautiful home! Thank you for choosing Emily Katherine Events!

Erin · Married on 04/07/2018

While I would describe myself as organized, a planner and someone who had helped with wedding planning in the past, I would not have been nearly as happy with my own wedding with out the help of Emily at Emily Katherine Events. Emily helped my husband and I every step of the way. She showed us a variety of wedding venues, connected us with amazing vendors, helped me consider details such as rental delivery, cleanup after the wedding reception, and flower re-purposing that I would never have even considered.
    Emily is also a delight to work with. She has a calm and easy-going presence but is meticulously organized and will not miss a single detail.
    I would also describe myself as a worrier, but I did not have a single concern the day of our wedding. We had 210 guests, mostly for out of town, and she flawlessly executed transportation, all vendor deliveries, every detail of the ceremony, and even was able to modify the reception timeline as needed during the reception to best accommodate my husband and me. I could not have been happier with how our wedding went, and best of all I and my family were able to feel as if we were guests at our own wedding.

Emily Katherine Events 13
    Emily Katherine Events 14
    Emily Katherine Events 15
    Emily Katherine Events 16
    Emily Katherine Events 17
    Emily Katherine Events 18
    Sent on 05/02/2018

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

You guys were SO much fun to work with!! Thank you for letting Emily Katherine Events be part of your beautiful day!

charlotte · Married on 04/01/2018

Emily is amazing! She ran with our board game/ Harry Potter/ Game of Thrones all nerd wedding and made it classic and beautiful with our nerdy intertwined. Emily is organizing, creative and above all else just a nice person. We loved working with her!

Emily Katherine Events 19
    Emily Katherine Events 20
    Emily Katherine Events 21
    Emily Katherine Events 22
    Sent on 04/22/2018

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

I loved working with you guys, thank you for your kind review!

Courtney · Married on 02/24/2018

If I could give Emily 6 stars I would! We hired her as a day-of-coordinator for our wedding. From the first time I contacted her, she was super responsive and always quick to answer any questions I had. She was calm, professional, and so easy to work with. And she does so much more than just coordinate the day-of. She made the month leading up to the wedding stress free and took so much of the burden away helping develop the day-of timeline, coordinating with the vendors. And her connections, especially to the fantastic waitstaff team, were awesome! Our wedding was so wonderful, and we definitely could not have pulled it off without her. I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 02/25/2018