Emily Katherine Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Aidan
    Aidan T. Married on 09/10/2022

Super Hero Wedding Planner

If I could give Emily one hundred stars, I would. We hired Emily pretty much immediately after booking our venue with no idea what direction to go from there. Emily worked with us for over 18 months and planned the entire wedding and rehearsal dinner from top to bottom. I am the type of person who had a distinctive and specific vision but hates logistics and can get easily frazzled so it was so nice to have someone so responsible, organized, and professional handling all of the planning. We used all of Emily's recommended vendors and they were all amazing! Everyone who attended our wedding raved about everything from the food to the décor to our live band. My somewhat unique vision and aesthetic for my wedding was expertly carried out by Emily and co. Absolutely none of it could have happened if it weren't for Emily, and even during the inevitable wedding hiccups and curveballs, Emily stayed calm and collected and kept everyone's blood pressure at bay. I can't even count the number of small details that I wouldn't have ever thought of that Emily handled.

On our wedding day, Emily and her team coordinated the entire event with such poise and calmness. Even when we had to change around our plans because of the rain, Emily had towels and clear umbrellas ready to go for our photos and for our guests.

(photos by Three Region Photography)
  • Abe
    Abe P. Married on 09/08/2022

Covid Wedding Warrior

Emily did an awesome job with our wedding despite all the adversity of covid. We had an awesome time and I lost count of how often she had to adjust reservations and schedules on our behalf. She made everything easy and fun!
    Hayley S. Married on 08/06/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Worth every penny to enjoy your big day!

Emily and her team made our big day seamless and flawless! It was such a relief knowing that they were handling all the tiny details and timing of events so we could just relax and enjoy every second of our celebrations. They think of everything and they had a go bag with everything you’ll forget to think of that helps in emergencies (safety pins, sewing kit, tape - you name it!). Don’t think twice - hire EK Events and rest easy!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Lilli H. Married on 06/12/2022

Emily is Awesome

My only regret about the wedding is that I did not hire Emily sooner! We hired her as a day of coordinator and I wish we had hired her to plan. She is so organized and calm. As a really details oriented human, I was worried about my ability to hand off responsibility to someone else and I did not have to give it a second thought with Emily. Other vendors came back and commented how organized and professional she is. Her recommendations for other vendors and for timeline adjustments were excellent and the day went by seamlessly with Emily directing everyone. Emily is incredible and you will love working with her.
  • Kristen
    Kristen A. Married on 05/14/2022

Worth every penny!

Worth every penny! When I first started the wedding planning process, I was unsure if the cost for wedding planner was worth it. I thought I could probably do it all myself. However, after working with Emily and her team, the answer is 100% yes. Book a wedding planner, and specifically, book Emily. She is worth it! Emily tagged in to help coordinate all our vendors a month out from our wedding date. This is when I started to get stressed, and Emily made the process so easy. She made me feel at ease, stepped in to take over what I needed her to, and took such great care of us. The day of the wedding, she was not only hopping around at the venue getting everything set up. She checked in when we were getting ready, stopped to make us plates of food, ensured we always had a drink in our hand (and drank enough water). She even packed everything up for us at the end of the night, including slices of wedding cake to eat as a midnight snack. I can't express enough how incredible she was and how spoiled we felt having her. I also wanted to note how much I loved her creativity and focus on sustainability. Emily has such a refreshing ability to make you plan everything you've dreamed of, but in a way that is also easy on the environment. Emily, you are the best!

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you so much Kristen!! It was such a joy to see all your plans come to life! Hope you and Nick are enjoying married life!
  • James
    James G. Married on 09/11/2021

Emily is Worth Her Weight in Gold

Emily is worth her weight in gold. She provides unparalleled support at all phases of the wedding planning process. Her kind demeanor, creativity and patience were exactly what my wife Jenny and I needed navigating planning our wedding during COVID. We both appreciate her attention to detail and her efforts towards incorporating positive environmental and social change, such as donating our leftover flowers to a local homeless shelter and using bio-friendly transportation for our guests.

During the day of our wedding, we were so impressed with her organizational skills and her ability to handle potentially stressful situations with grace and focus. We truly did not worry about a thing on the day of our wedding and for that we are grateful to Emily.

We would highly recommend Emily to anyone that is looking for a wedding planner. Emily will help you realize and execute your vision for your wedding and you will be relieved that you have her the day of your event. We won't need it, but we would gladly work with her again in the future.
    Alexandra B. Married on 05/23/2021

Thank you Emily!!

Emily was absolutely indispensable in making our event happen. She was friendly and warm while also being super organized and responsible. Since neither of us is from Durham, planning a wedding here, during Covid no less, seemed pretty daunting. But Emily was an absolute pro, guiding us towards decisions and vendors (seemingly!) effortlessly and making sure everything ran smoothly. We like to joke that without her, we would still be staring at napkins trying to narrow things down. She and her staff were totally on top of things on the day of. She was also really fun to hang out with! We would absolutely recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in the triangle.

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you Alexandra, I loved working with you and Adam on your wedding plans! Thanks for letting me part of the festivities!
  • Margaret
    Margaret S. Married on 11/19/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

So happy with our experience with Emily!

Emily planned our rehearsal dinner and was the coordinator for our wedding. Emily was so great to work with. She was attentive, go-with-the-flow, kind, detailed, and flexible. I can't imagine trying to plan the wedding weekend with her. I would absolutely recommend working with Emily and her team!
  • Amy
    Amy H. Married on 06/06/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

What are you waiting for? Call Emily.

If you are on the fence about hiring a wedding planner, do it. Then pick up the phone and call Emily. My husband and I decided to go full steam ahead with our wedding date in this post-apocalyptic Coronavirus world. That meant that 30 days before we said I Do, we had to completely re-plan our wedding. Emily really stepped up for us. She contacted vendors, figured out with our photographer how to livestream the ceremony, helped redo menus, scheduled vendors so we didn't exceeded our covid headcount. You name it, she was on it. Our wedding day was flawless. It could not have gone better. And that's saying something considering she's dealing with brides that are having their dream weddings scrapped at the last minute. If you're going to cut corners to stay on budget for your wedding, great...just don't do it here.

Thanks again, Emily! You're a life (and wedding) saver!
  • Vaysgant
    Vaysgant P. Married on 06/05/2020

Excellent Event Planner

I am a wedding photographer and recently I had the pleasure of working a local wedding along side Emily and her team. I don't often write reviews but I was compelled to do so, as its well deserved. Throughout the planning process she was on top of all of the details, kept great communication with all the vendors, and on the day of was wonderful to work with =)

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Hi Yuri! Thanks so much for your sweet review, I really enjoyed working with you at Windy Hill! I look forward to working together again!
    Courtney P. Married on 11/30/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

the BEST decision you'll make in wedding planning

You know those career aptitude tests you take in middle school? Well, if "wedding planner" were an option, I'm sure Emily got that result! Everything about Emily - her impressive organizational skills, her kind demeanor, her ability to roll with literally whatever comes her way while sporting a smile, her gentle yet effective way of keeping everyone on track - is suited for this job. As a bride who had no idea what I wanted my wedding to look like (while attempting to plan it in just four months!), it is not hyperbole to say the big day would not have happened without Emily. She had a magical way of guiding without imposing, which is not an easy balance! Emily was super kind and sensitive to me and my family, was the impeccable professional in communicating with other vendors (who all adored her, by the way!), punctual in following-through with everything, incredibly responsive and available, thoughtful with big and small details, and (especially considering our timeline) a literal miracle-worker. (Like helping get dirt stains out of my dress train after rainy pictures at the ceremony!) I feel confident in saying that working with Emily will be the best decision you make in your wedding planning adventure... it certainly was mine!
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 11/23/2019

Best decision I made!

Emily and her team were simply outstanding. From the moment I met with Emily 11 months before our wedding, I knew I didn’t want to look any further for day-of coordinators. Emily has an incredibly calming presence and was organized to a T. Even the day-of when we had to change our ceremony spot because of rain and our second photographer woke up sick, Emily remained calm and reassuring that everything would go smoothly, and it did. The EKE team is incredibly professional, down to earth, organized, communicative, and so kind - I loved working with all of them!
    Kendall S. Married on 11/22/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best investment we made in our budget!

Emily was so great to work with. She really made the entire month leading up to the wedding stress free. She and her team worked so hard to make our venue look just how we imagined it. She is very professional, detail oriented, and has awesome ideas that just added to how special our wedding felt. She went above and beyond! I would absolutely recommend Emily if you live in the Triangle, at the very least for her coordination package in the last month. You won't regret it!
    Beth S. Married on 10/26/2019

Emily is the absolute BEST

Emily was wonderful to work with in planning our Durham wedding. Emily was hired for partial planning and day-of coordination. She was so organized and helpful in finding and booking vendors as well as keeping us moving forward with a monthly task list. I didn't have to worry about one thing the day of the wedding because Emily was on it. I can't recommend Emily more highly!

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thanks so much Beth!! I loved helping you with all the fun cookery themed details! Thanks for allowing me to be part of your planning!
    Risa D. Married on 10/26/2019

Highly Recommended!

We hired Emily Katherine events to be "partial wedding planners" since we already had a few things done when we enlisted them (venue, band booked etc.) Emily and her assistant Gina helped us both with our Friday Welcome party (with a guest like of 100+ people) and with the wedding on Saturday (with a guest list of 200+ people). It was incredible to have them coordinating both and they were a massive help. I didn't even have to think twice about all the nitty gritty details like what time our caterers were going to show up and rentals etc. I really appreciate Gina and Emily''s working style- very calm and relaxed but also efficient and capable. Resulted in a day that was totally relaxed and everything ran so smoothly. They were very available over email or to meet in person when requested. With partial planning it's maybe a fine line to walk where you are overstepping "partial" into "full" but I was more conscious about it then them as they never gave me anything but their full attention.

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Risa! Gina and I loved working with you on your plans and are absolutely loving the stunning photos we've seen!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely fantastic experience!

I truly cannot say enough good things about Emily and her team at EKE! Emily made the wedding planning process easy, stress free and FUN! She is so professional, thorough, and easy to work with. She also is highly respected by venues and other vendors for her timelines and fantastic communication. Our big day was absolutely beautiful and perfect because of Emily and I would recommend her over and over again. You will not regret picking EKE for your wedding planning and coordination needs!

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Rachel! It was such a pleasure to work with you on your final details! Congrats again!!
    Gina P. Married on 09/21/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The BEST planner in the Triangle.

Emily is THE absolute best! Her amazing organization, attention to detail and calming presence were so helpful throughout wedding planning and especially came in handy on our big day. Her organization resources, contact sheets and lists she went through with us in our final details meetings were unbelievably helpful as well. She completely removed the stress from the weeks leading up to our wedding and made our big day feel totally seamless. She also traveled from Durham all the way out to the Outer Banks for our wedding, having never seen our venue before our rehearsal and she still knocked it out of the park. I can never thank you enough for coordinating our day perfectly! xoxo

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you Gina!! I LOVED helping with your wedding plans, thank you for allowing me to be part of it!
  • Megan
    Megan F. Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing wedding planner!

Emily truly made the last nine months of my life enjoyable even though we were planning a wedding. I never thought I would ever find someone as on it as I like to be but Emily takes the cake.

As soon as we sat down with her we knew she’d do right by us - and she delivered.
    We had a somewhat complex day Saturday with two ceremonies and not once did I have to worry about a ball being dropped.

I have been to other weddings where the bride and groom are still stressing over things that have to happen - my husband and I had a relaxed week before and through the entire wknd because Emily handled everything. We got to enjoy so much time together and with friends and family because she handled everything. Do not hesitate to book her - you will be making the right choice!

Thank you so much Emily for an amazing wedding day - it was beyond anything we could have imagined.

Megan & Sachin

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you so much, I really enjoyed working with you and Sachin on all your wedding festivities! It was so fun to be part of your Welcome Event, both ceremonies, and both receptions!
  • Annette
    Annette E. Married on 06/22/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wonderful positive attitude and so organized!

We hired Emily as our "Month-of Coordinator" for my daughter's wedding. She was so wonderful to work with and really allowed us to enjoy the day. She assisted the bride and groom with creating a timeline, contacted and organized all the vendors, ran the rehearsal, set out/cleaned up decor, and even helped us find a new vendor when we had a last minute cancellation (and much more). She has a kind and gentle demeanor and is incredibly organized. Several members of the wedding party and family commented on how great she was to work with. I am so grateful we found her!

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Annette! I love working with you and your family on Anna & Drew's wedding, they had such a beautiful day!
    Katrina Married on 06/01/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Cool as a (very organized) cucumber

Emily is a total pro! Hiring her was one of the best (the best?) decisions we made in our wedding planning process. She asked the right questions, assured us that we had thought of what we needed for the day, and is very easygoing while also detail-oriented. She was also very nonjudgmental about some of our off-beat choices and I never felt like she was pushing us to spend time or money on aspects that weren't important to us. We were so appreciative of her calm expertise and support throughout the planning process and especially on the day of the wedding. We both fully enjoyed the day and knew any hiccups or confusions were being expertly handled. My husband's mom was particularly impressed by her demeanor and kindness, as she said she had encountered some pushy wedding planners at other weddings. We are so grateful for Emily, her team, and the work they did to make our wedding day a breeze for us.

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you, Katrina! You and Zeke were so much fun to work with on your rock show wedding!! I'm so happy you and your family were able to enjoy the day stress-free!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 04/28/2019

The #1 Reason We Could Enjoy Our Wedding

Emily is pretty much the key piece of our wedding puzzle. She helped us find 98% of our awesome vendors, and because of her and her team, our wedding was so stress-free. Throughout the planning process, she was so much fun to work with - who doesn't love a bit of wedding planning at breweries? More than that though, she was super communicative and always quick to answer our questions, whether they were big or small, and she helped us find ways to express ourselves through our wedding. I wouldn't have thought of video game stations, but they were perfect, and Emily helped us nail down every detail. On the day of the wedding, everything went so smoothly, and Emily made sure to keep us on schedule, while also keeping things flexible if we needed to adjust. We actually got to be present and enjoy every moment of our wedding day, while Emily and her team made sure all the moving pieces of rentals and decor and guests made it where they should go. We cannot recommend her enough and are incredibly thankful to have had her help with our special day.

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Lauren, your wedding was AMAZING!! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy all the fun details you and Matt took the time to plan :) Thank YOU for this sweet review, and for allowing us to be part of your epic day!
  • Bri
    Bri Married on 04/27/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn't have done it without her!

Emily was a lifesaver and we could not have planned our wedding without her! She worked around my hectic schedule, disorganized life and dealt with my slow responses to emails while keeping us on track with our budget while still helping us to create our perfect day. We had a few unforeseen things occur from forgetting rings to a plumbing issue at the venue but she was able to calmly deal with any issue that came up and fix it/find a way around it and kept everything moving along smoothly! Looking back, I realize that even little things that I thought I could handle on my own should have just been left up to Emily and her day of team - they are professional and excellent at what they do!

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thanks so much, Bri! I loved working with you and Jody on your wedding plans, thanks for the chance to help with all your details!
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 04/13/2019

Just Amazing

From the first time we met with Emily, it was just such a comfortable fit. She was so down to earth and fully attentive to us every time we spoke. We chose the full service package due to our busy schedules which ended up being a great value for how much Emily and her team helped us. Emily was hands off when we had things covered and completely on top of everything when we didn't. She rolled easily with any change we made and helped guide the vision we had but didn't know how to execute. Emily has made so many positive relationships with other vendors and did an amazing job presenting us with multiple great options to choose from for every service we needed. On the day of, Emily and her team handled every small decision that needed to be made and took our vision into account every step of the way so all I had to do was focus on getting ready. When I saw everything finalized, it was better then I could have ever imagined. Hiring Emily was absolutely one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. I truly believe that our wedding would not have been anything close to how amazing it was without her.

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

I loved working with you and Aidan! Your wedding at Windy Hill Farm was definitely one of the highlights of this spring. Thank you so much for the sweet review :)
    Katharine Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing experience with Emily

We had an amazing experience working with Emily. She was professional, knowledgeable, poised and a lot of fun to work with. Her organizational ability kept us all on track and made us feel confident about managing everything leading up to the wedding. We absolutely couldn't have done the wedding without Emily, and her suggestions and guidance helped us create the most memorable day. 100% recommend, she's terrific!

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you, Katharine! I loved helping plan your wedding, and it as the perfect one to end my year with!
    Laura Married on 10/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I have only just begun the planning process with Emily, but she has already blown me away! She is quick to respond to my many questions, and willing to work with me on every aspect of this process, so far including talking to possible vendors for me and setting up appointments, taking all the stress out and leaving the fun! I am so excited to continue my planning with her help, and looking forward to seeing everything come to fruition.

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

I am having so much fun planning with you!
illustration stars