Emily Katherine Events Reviews

32 | Durham, NC

32 Reviews for Emily Katherine Events

32 Emily Katherine Events Reviews

Laura · Married on 10/07/2018

I have only just begun the planning process with Emily, but she has already blown me away! She is quick to respond to my many questions, and willing to work with me on every aspect of this process, so far including talking to possible vendors for me and setting up appointments, taking all the stress out and leaving the fun! I am so excited to continue my planning with her help, and looking forward to seeing everything come to fruition.

Sent on 12/14/2017

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

I am having so much fun planning with you!

Josephine · Married on 07/28/2018

Emily was an integral part of our wedding! Her help made it possible for us to plan and carry out a wedding that felt authentic to our personalities, comfortable to our loved ones, and above all a joyful and peaceful memory we'll treasure forever. Emily is highly capable at managing complex events, a skilled communicator, and her love for her work is palpable! We would recommend her to anyone, especially people like us who weren't sure we wanted or needed a wedding planner - hiring Emily was the best choice we made in the wedding planning process!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your wedding! I had so much fun planning with you both!

Amanda · Married on 06/24/2018

My wife and I absolutely love EKE! From my first phone inquiry with Emily, she was very professional, calm, detailed-oriented, and confident. She displayed these characteristics throughout the entire wedding planning process and during our wedding weekend. Our financial investment in a day-of coordinator was worth every penny with EKE! Our vendors were always well-informed and she kept everything on schedule the day of the wedding. She was very quick to respond to any text messages and emails, and was committed to making our day everything we wanted! I cannot recommend EKE highly enough - our wedding wouldn't have been the same without her and her team! Thanks EKE!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you, Amanda! I loved working with you both!!

Emma · Married on 05/19/2018

Emily was so professional and very organized. She always had great vendor suggestions and was able to help me work through challenges I had along the way. I highly recommend her and am very appreciative of the time and dedication that her and her team put into my big day to make it so great!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you, Emma! I had a lot of fun working with you!
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 05/05/2018

Every member of my bridal party, including each set of parents and my husband, made comments about how noticeable of help Emily was ensuring my day flowed effortlessly. Everything, from start to finish, was perfect.

Anne · Married on 04/21/2018

We hired Emily for the 30 days prior to and day of wedding, and it was money so very well spent. For a day so important to us and our family, Emily insured that everything went very smoothly. Had we relied solely on the wedding planner associated with our venue, we would have been sorely disappointed. Emily was a consummate professional, as well as a wonderful and very likable communicator; which is a winning combination. She was calm, cool, and collected while others may not have been so. She was worth her weight in gold—we would recommend Emily to anyone (everyone!) who wants their perfect day to be just that! Thank you, Emily!!!!!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you, Anne! Such a pleasure to work with your family!

Anne · Married on 04/14/2018

Emily helped my daughter and me plan and carry out her wedding in our backyard in Apex. We had already scouted a few vendors before we met Emily, but she helped with the rest. Her help with the rehearsal and the day-of coordination was invaluable. I was able to enjoy the morning preparation with my daughter and her friends, while Emily worked with the florist, caterer, DJ, and more! She got the bride, groom, attendants, my husband, and me to the ceremony on time and whisked everyone to the reception. Little details got handled without a thought from me. She was a joy to work with!

Sent on 06/05/2018
    Emily Katherine Events 1
    Emily Katherine Events 2

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

I loved working with your family at your beautiful home! Thank you for choosing Emily Katherine Events!

Erin · Married on 04/07/2018

While I would describe myself as organized, a planner and someone who had helped with wedding planning in the past, I would not have been nearly as happy with my own wedding with out the help of Emily at Emily Katherine Events. Emily helped my husband and I every step of the way. She showed us a variety of wedding venues, connected us with amazing vendors, helped me consider details such as rental delivery, cleanup after the wedding reception, and flower re-purposing that I would never have even considered.
    Emily is also a delight to work with. She has a calm and easy-going presence but is meticulously organized and will not miss a single detail.
    I would also describe myself as a worrier, but I did not have a single concern the day of our wedding. We had 210 guests, mostly for out of town, and she flawlessly executed transportation, all vendor deliveries, every detail of the ceremony, and even was able to modify the reception timeline as needed during the reception to best accommodate my husband and me. I could not have been happier with how our wedding went, and best of all I and my family were able to feel as if we were guests at our own wedding.

Sent on 05/02/2018
    Emily Katherine Events 3
    Emily Katherine Events 4
    Emily Katherine Events 5
    Emily Katherine Events 6
    Emily Katherine Events 7
    Emily Katherine Events 8

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

You guys were SO much fun to work with!! Thank you for letting Emily Katherine Events be part of your beautiful day!

charlotte · Married on 04/01/2018

Emily is amazing! She ran with our board game/ Harry Potter/ Game of Thrones all nerd wedding and made it classic and beautiful with our nerdy intertwined. Emily is organizing, creative and above all else just a nice person. We loved working with her!

Sent on 04/22/2018
    Emily Katherine Events 9
    Emily Katherine Events 10
    Emily Katherine Events 11
    Emily Katherine Events 12

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

I loved working with you guys, thank you for your kind review!

Courtney · Married on 02/24/2018

If I could give Emily 6 stars I would! We hired her as a day-of-coordinator for our wedding. From the first time I contacted her, she was super responsive and always quick to answer any questions I had. She was calm, professional, and so easy to work with. And she does so much more than just coordinate the day-of. She made the month leading up to the wedding stress free and took so much of the burden away helping develop the day-of timeline, coordinating with the vendors. And her connections, especially to the fantastic waitstaff team, were awesome! Our wedding was so wonderful, and we definitely could not have pulled it off without her. I can't recommend her enough!

Brendan · Married on 12/02/2017

Emily was amazing. She was really organized and knowledgable from the first today we met with her months before the wedding, and helped us plan and make each moment wonderful on the big day.

Sent on 09/16/2018

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you, Brendan! I loved working with you guys!

Virginia · Married on 11/11/2017

We were married in fall 2017 with a ceremony at Duke Chapel and reception at the Nasher Museum of Art. We hired Emily as our wedding planner about 4 weeks prior to our wedding, after a bad experience with our first wedding planner (who fought us over every little detail, spoke down to us when we pushed back on her ideas, and generally impeded the process). Firing our first wedding planner and hiring Emily was the BEST decision we made during the planning process. From the first moment, we felt completely comfortable and confident that Emily was listening to our vision and would do everything within her power to execute it. She took notes while we talked, asked clarifying questions, and dispensed helpful advice and suggestions. She used her extensive network of contacts to fill out remaining spots on our vendor list with amazing vendors in our price range. She did not push us to spend more than we had budgeted nor did she hesitate in helping us execute unconventional ideas (though, if you ask, she will be glad to advise on what is customary). She went above and beyond for us – running errands while we were at work, creating signs for around the reception, making phone calls and doing research, managing vendors, tracking down last minute vendors, buying all of the little things we didn’t think of (like a garter and guest book!), and even attending my last wedding dress fitting to learn how to bustle my dress. She is extremely organized, practical, hardworking, and, above all else, excellent at problem-solving. Trusting Emily with our wedding greatly reduced our stress and increased our enjoyment of the month leading up to the event. Also, as a bride, she was my rock on my wedding day—she was always within reach to calm my nerves and help me with whatever I needed. We recommend Emily without hesitation. She is worth every penny. Our only regret is that we did not hire her 6 months sooner!

Emilie · Married on 09/10/2017

Emily Katherine Events is amazing! Emily and her associate did an amazing job to make our wedding day so special! She had everything organized and the day ran so efficiently and was Wonderful! She had fantastic ideas for our fun exit at the end of the evening!!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

We had so much fun working with you, Emilie! Thank you for choosing Emily Katherine Events for your wedding coordination! -Emily

Louise · Married on 08/19/2017

Working with Emily was a dream - from our first meeting with her until my husband and I were driving away from our wedding, she was attentive, efficient, and so available. She is kind, calm, thoughtful, fun to work with, and so passionate about what she does - which means she was always seeking to bring our vision to life! Working with her made wedding planning low-stress and enjoyable. She connected us with so many wonderful vendors (making our decisions easy), had such creative ideas for decorations (and helped make them!), and made the day-of run so smoothly. For us and our families, it was wonderful to let Emily and her team run the show so that we could fully enjoy every bit of the day. I cannot recommend her and her team enough! Emily Katherine Events is exactly who you need to help create your dream wedding.

Sent on 11/19/2017

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you so much Louise, I had so much fun working with you and Joel!!

Kim · Married on 08/12/2017

Emily was great! Very attentive & creative. Excellent job on decorations & finding the perfect venue!

Kasey · Married on 06/17/2017

Emily was amazing! She made the planning enjoyable. On the day of our event she handled everything with such grace. If there was anything that had gone wrong, Emily fixed it and I never even heard about it. Our wedding was a dream come true and all of the is because of Emily!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

It was such a pleasure to be a part of your big day!

Holly · Married on 05/28/2017

Thank you to Emily Thomas of emily katherine events for all of her efforts engaging the vendors (garden reservation, restaurant for private lunch, local florist designer, chair delivery, picnic lunch caterer, photographer, restaurants for dinners before and after) and confirming all those details! Oh so many details! And her lovely evites to the events keeping track of the guest lists were pretty and also efficient and effective.
    Her assistance was long distance (she lives in Durham, North Carolina and I live in Charlottesville, Virginia) but she made it possible for me to have the perfect wedding, while my husband and I continued to work at our jobs and build a house and sell a house all at the same time. We couldn’t have done it without her!
    I’ve enjoyed remembering all of the special aspects of our small Sunday morning garden wedding, followed by lunch. I felt supported and loved and beautiful and so very happy – everything a bride wishes for her wedding day. It was as simple and easy and elegant as I had hoped it would be. But then the entire weekend flew by so very fast – What a day! What a couple of days! Thank you Emily!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you for the sweet review! It was a pleasure to be part of your wedding planning, I loved working with you and your family!

Carmen · Married on 05/13/2017

I used Emily's services for "day of coordination" and was very pleased with all the assistance she and her team offered! They did a great job ensuring the entire event was seamless and amazing. She was very organized and thorough in the prep work leading up to our big day!

Khaled · Married on 04/08/2017

I was the groom of a wedding were Emily helped plan the day of. This review is really easy to type, as she was amazing. Emily was very responsive always setup the proper amount of meetings with us as well as our vendors to make sure we were on the same page. Emily was very efficient and very thorough. On our wedding day we had nothing to worry about. She made sure the timing was excellent and if we had any problems during the wedding I had no idea as everything was executed flawlessly. My only problem is that I wished I had paid to have her plan the entire wedding and not just the day of. Emily took a nerve racking day and made it a walk in the park with my best friend.

Danielle · Married on 03/25/2017

Emily was amazing to work with! She made our wedding day so easy and seamlessly ensured that everything we wanted and the flow of it all was perfect. She kept a smile on and I don't know what we would have done without her advice leading up and on the big day. Her professionalism, knowledge and candor were all we could have asked for. A must pick for your event!

• Ingrid

Ingrid · Married on 02/15/2017

I am so happy I hired Emily to plan my elopement in Hillsborough, NC. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible and using her experience and recommendations the planning process and the wedding day were flawless.

Since we only had about 3 months to plan and I work 50+ hrs per week, I didn't have a lot of free time to research vendors. During our initial meeting we discussed how much involvement I wanted from her and she brought up items I had overlooked. She was able to recommend a phenomenal photographer, artistic florist, tailor, hairstylist, took care of calling restaurants, and researched wedding licensure in Orange County (and gave me reminders like "don't forget that BOTH of you have to go to the Clerk of Courts office!" and "You have to pay at a different building before you come to the magistrate office for the ceremony!"). Emily attended our ceremony, was one of our witnesses, and even came along for pictures to function as a maid of honor (helping me pin my hair back when it came loose, helping me with my jacket when it got cold, make sure no straps were exposed on my dress, holding my bouquet when necessary).

Since we kept our intentions a secret, I was so glad I knew her and was comfortable enough to send her an email freaking out about potential cold and rain that was forecast for our wedding day. She made me feel much better with her suggestions to stay warm and dry and still look like a hip bride.

Before meeting Emily, I would've scoffed at someone hiring a wedding planner, especially for a "low-key" elopement. My new husband and I both agree that her services provided, professional and cheerful attitude, attention to detail, and kindness were invaluable to the perfect wedding day. I look forward to putting our future event planning (Puppy Showers! Birthday parties!) in her hands.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Emily Katherine Events's reply:

Thank you Ingrid, it was an honor and a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day!!

Michele · Married on 11/06/2016

Emily took care of everything and everyone on the wedding day! Anything that needed to be set-up, moved, timed, directed, or gotten in an emergency was done by her! Our wedding day. without a doubt, would not have happened without Emily and her services! She helped make all of my months of planning come to life.

Patricia · Married on 09/20/2016

Emily was perfect for long distance planning. My son and I gave a rehearsal dinner for his daughter and my granddaughter in NC. We live in MO and TX. We met with her once at the site. She took care of everything, invitations, set up, decorations, meal planning, place cards, etc. She answered e-mails and phone calls immediately. She made us a guest at our own party.

Catherine · Married on 08/21/2016

We can't say enough wonderful things about Emily! She truly loves weddings and making sure you have a beautiful, personalized, stress-free day. She even made the planning process fun. Both of our families couldn't stop talking about how calm, prepared and professional Emily is. Her connections in the wedding industry also helped us get beautiful custom invitations and excellent photography for outrageously low prices. Our wedding was perfect and exactly what we wanted thanks to Emily.