27 Reviews for Emily Katherine Events

Guest List (2)
Religious (2)
Eco-Friendly (1)
27 Emily Katherine Events Reviews

I have only just begun the planning process with Emily, but she has already blown me away! She is quick to respond to my many questions, and willing to work with me on every aspect of this process, so far including talking to possible vendors for me and setting up appointments, taking all the stress out and leaving the fun! I am so excited to continue my planning with her help, and looking forward to seeing everything come to fruition.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Emily was so professional and very organized. She always had great vendor suggestions and was able to help me work through challenges I had along the way. I highly recommend her and am very appreciative of the time and dedication that her and her team put into my big day to make it so great!

Profile Picture Emma, 5/19/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Every member of my bridal party, including each set of parents and my husband, made comments about how noticeable of help Emily was ensuring my day flowed effortlessly. Everything, from start to finish, was perfect.

Profile Picture Morgan, 5/5/18, 14 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Emily helped my daughter and me plan and carry out her wedding in our backyard in Apex. We had already scouted a few vendors before we met Emily, but she helped with the rest. Her help with the rehearsal and the day-of coordination was invaluable. I was able to enjoy the morning preparation with my daughter and her friends, while Emily worked with the florist, caterer, DJ, and more! She got the bride, groom, attendants, my husband, and me to the ceremony on time and whisked everyone to the reception. Little details got handled without a thought from me. She was a joy to work with!

Photo for Emily Katherine Events Review - The cake made it from the kitchen to the reception magically
Photo for Emily Katherine Events Review - Decorations went to location without my help
Profile Picture Anne, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Emily is amazing! She ran with our board game/ Harry Potter/ Game of Thrones all nerd wedding and made it classic and beautiful with our nerdy intertwined. Emily is organizing, creative and above all else just a nice person. We loved working with her!

Profile Picture charlotte, 4/1/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

If I could give Emily 6 stars I would! We hired her as a day-of-coordinator for our wedding. From the first time I contacted her, she was super responsive and always quick to answer any questions I had. She was calm, professional, and so easy to work with. And she does so much more than just coordinate the day-of. She made the month leading up to the wedding stress free and took so much of the burden away helping develop the day-of timeline, coordinating with the vendors. And her connections, especially to the fantastic waitstaff team, were awesome! Our wedding was so wonderful, and we definitely could not have pulled it off without her. I can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Courtney, 2/24/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We were married in fall 2017 with a ceremony at Duke Chapel and reception at the Nasher Museum of Art. We hired Emily as our wedding planner about 4 weeks prior to our wedding, after a bad experience with our first wedding planner (who fought us over every little detail, spoke down to us when we pushed back on her ideas, and generally impeded the process). Firing our first wedding planner and hiring Emily was the BEST decision we made during the planning process. From the first moment, we felt completely comfortable and confident that Emily was listening to our vision and would do everything within her power to execute it. She took notes while we talked, asked clarifying questions, and dispensed helpful advice and suggestions. She used her extensive network of contacts to fill out remaining spots on our vendor list with amazing vendors in our price range. She did not push us to spend more than we had budgeted nor did she hesitate in helping us execute unconventional ideas (though, if you ask, she will be glad to advise on what is customary). She went above and beyond for us – running errands while we were at work, creating signs for around the reception, making phone calls and doing research, managing vendors, tracking down last minute vendors, buying all of the little things we didn’t think of (like a garter and guest book!), and even attending my last wedding dress fitting to learn how to bustle my dress. She is extremely organized, practical, hardworking, and, above all else, excellent at problem-solving. Trusting Emily with our wedding greatly reduced our stress and increased our enjoyment of the month leading up to the event. Also, as a bride, she was my rock on my wedding day—she was always within reach to calm my nerves and help me with whatever I needed. We recommend Emily without hesitation. She is worth every penny. Our only regret is that we did not hire her 6 months sooner!

Profile Picture Virginia, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Emily Katherine Events is amazing! Emily and her associate did an amazing job to make our wedding day so special! She had everything organized and the day ran so efficiently and was Wonderful! She had fantastic ideas for our fun exit at the end of the evening!!

Profile Picture Emilie, 9/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Emily was a dream - from our first meeting with her until my husband and I were driving away from our wedding, she was attentive, efficient, and so available. She is kind, calm, thoughtful, fun to work with, and so passionate about what she does - which means she was always seeking to bring our vision to life! Working with her made wedding planning low-stress and enjoyable. She connected us with so many wonderful vendors (making our decisions easy), had such creative ideas for decorations (and helped make them!), and made the day-of run so smoothly. For us and our families, it was wonderful to let Emily and her team run the show so that we could fully enjoy every bit of the day. I cannot recommend her and her team enough! Emily Katherine Events is exactly who you need to help create your dream wedding.

Profile Picture Louise, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Eco-Friendly, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Emily was great! Very attentive & creative. Excellent job on decorations & finding the perfect venue!

Profile Picture Kim, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Emily was amazing! She made the planning enjoyable. On the day of our event she handled everything with such grace. If there was anything that had gone wrong, Emily fixed it and I never even heard about it. Our wedding was a dream come true and all of the is because of Emily!

Profile Picture Kasey, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Thank you to Emily Thomas of emily katherine events for all of her efforts engaging the vendors (garden reservation, restaurant for private lunch, local florist designer, chair delivery, picnic lunch caterer, photographer, restaurants for dinners before and after) and confirming all those details! Oh so many details! And her lovely evites to the events keeping track of the guest lists were pretty and also efficient and effective.
Her assistance was long distance (she lives in Durham, North Carolina and I live in Charlottesville, Virginia) but she made it possible for me to have the perfect wedding, while my husband and I continued to work at our jobs and build a house and sell a house all at the same time. We couldn’t have done it without her!
I’ve enjoyed remembering all of the special aspects of our small Sunday morning garden wedding, followed by lunch. I felt supported and loved and beautiful and so very happy – everything a bride wishes for her wedding day. It was as simple and easy and elegant as I had hoped it would be. But then the entire weekend flew by so very fast – What a day! What a couple of days! Thank you Emily!

Profile Picture Holly, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I used Emily's services for "day of coordination" and was very pleased with all the assistance she and her team offered! They did a great job ensuring the entire event was seamless and amazing. She was very organized and thorough in the prep work leading up to our big day!

Profile Picture Carmen, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I was the groom of a wedding were Emily helped plan the day of. This review is really easy to type, as she was amazing. Emily was very responsive always setup the proper amount of meetings with us as well as our vendors to make sure we were on the same page. Emily was very efficient and very thorough. On our wedding day we had nothing to worry about. She made sure the timing was excellent and if we had any problems during the wedding I had no idea as everything was executed flawlessly. My only problem is that I wished I had paid to have her plan the entire wedding and not just the day of. Emily took a nerve racking day and made it a walk in the park with my best friend.

Profile Picture Khaled, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Emily was amazing to work with! She made our wedding day so easy and seamlessly ensured that everything we wanted and the flow of it all was perfect. She kept a smile on and I don't know what we would have done without her advice leading up and on the big day. Her professionalism, knowledge and candor were all we could have asked for. A must pick for your event!

Profile Picture Danielle, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I am so happy I hired Emily to plan my elopement in Hillsborough, NC. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible and using her experience and recommendations the planning process and the wedding day were flawless.

Since we only had about 3 months to plan and I work 50+ hrs per week, I didn't have a lot of free time to research vendors. During our initial meeting we discussed how much involvement I wanted from her and she brought up items I had overlooked. She was able to recommend a phenomenal photographer, artistic florist, tailor, hairstylist, took care of calling restaurants, and researched wedding licensure in Orange County (and gave me reminders like "don't forget that BOTH of you have to go to the Clerk of Courts office!" and "You have to pay at a different building before you come to the magistrate office for the ceremony!"). Emily attended our ceremony, was one of our witnesses, and even came along for pictures to function as a maid of honor (helping me pin my hair back when it came loose, helping me with my jacket when it got cold, make sure no straps were exposed on my dress, holding my bouquet when necessary).

Since we kept our intentions a secret, I was so glad I knew her and was comfortable enough to send her an email freaking out about potential cold and rain that was forecast for our wedding day. She made me feel much better with her suggestions to stay warm and dry and still look like a hip bride.

Before meeting Emily, I would've scoffed at someone hiring a wedding planner, especially for a "low-key" elopement. My new husband and I both agree that her services provided, professional and cheerful attitude, attention to detail, and kindness were invaluable to the perfect wedding day. I look forward to putting our future event planning (Puppy Showers! Birthday parties!) in her hands.

Profile Picture Ingrid, 2/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Emily took care of everything and everyone on the wedding day! Anything that needed to be set-up, moved, timed, directed, or gotten in an emergency was done by her! Our wedding day. without a doubt, would not have happened without Emily and her services! She helped make all of my months of planning come to life.

Profile Picture Michele, 11/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Emily was perfect for long distance planning. My son and I gave a rehearsal dinner for his daughter and my granddaughter in NC. We live in MO and TX. We met with her once at the site. She took care of everything, invitations, set up, decorations, meal planning, place cards, etc. She answered e-mails and phone calls immediately. She made us a guest at our own party.

Profile Picture Patricia, 9/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We can't say enough wonderful things about Emily! She truly loves weddings and making sure you have a beautiful, personalized, stress-free day. She even made the planning process fun. Both of our families couldn't stop talking about how calm, prepared and professional Emily is. Her connections in the wedding industry also helped us get beautiful custom invitations and excellent photography for outrageously low prices. Our wedding was perfect and exactly what we wanted thanks to Emily.

Profile Picture Catherine, 8/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

She was very knowledgeable about her services and super helpful!

Profile Picture sommer, 7/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Emily Katherine Events was the best decision I made when planning my wedding. Emily was not only extremely organized but had so many good ideas for my wedding. It was a huge relief to know that Emily had everything under control while my girls and I were getting ready. She contacted all of my vendors, created a timeline, helped get the ceremony and reception site decorated, and was able to calmed my stress and nervousness. She was always one step ahead of any problem we had and was just a joy to work with! I would highly recommend her for anyone planning a wedding or any other event!

Profile Picture Hanna, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Our son's rehearsal dinner went off without a hitch thanks to Emily! She gave us ideas for table/room decor and suggestions for activities and timeline. (It was a relief to find out she had some of the decor we wanted to use.) And she helped us bring it all together! Very organized and a pleasure to work with! - Fiona

Profile Picture Fiona, 10/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

There is so many wonderful things to say about Emily. I was not planning on having a day-of-coordinator or someone to help me with wedding planning but my sister told me about Emily and said I'd really like her. I certainly did! I can't believe I thought I could have done it all without her help. She is very responsive and beyond that gives you suggestions and tips that she has gained over the years of her working in the wedding industry. So she is great at speaking up and giving you help that you might not even know you need.

The other thing that I really loved about Emily is that she has such a calming spirit about her. As a bride you have moments where you just want to freak out but she is totally calm and put together and makes you feel the same. I also think that quality helps her work seamlessly with vendors who may be difficult to work with. There was nothing she wouldn't do or help with and knowing I had her to support me and that I could trust her really made my day. She definitely went above and beyond and I can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Hayley, 9/19/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Non-Religious

Emily was amazing to work with! She performed my day-of-coordination services, and she also helped me out my planning leading up to the wedding. She has tons of wedding experience, and with that, she was able to make the day go as smoothly as possible. The day of, all I had to do was get pampered and drink mimosas until the ceremony! She had everything covered - from handling the vendors that came to set up, to making sure everything and everyone was in their proper places, to handling my mother's anxiety. She worked with the photographer and told us when/where to be for photos. She checked in on me regularly to make sure I had everything I needed and reassure me that everything was going according to plan. She executed the ceremony flawlessly, and even when we had a fire alarm in the middle of the reception, she got everyone ushered outside (including the bar!) and handled the situation with perfect poise. I would recommend Emily again and again! She really did make my wedding day the best day ever.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/29/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Non-Religious